• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
ALL IN ON DANTE?????

I doubt "oracles" is a hint and is more him kidding around but what if it's a character who can see the future or is involved in fortune-telling? It's crazy, this whole shadow-drop thing, is it someone mysterious?? I gotta take time off work to catch this live I'm freaking it!!!
If he does get in, then this video's an entirely appropriate response to this:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
i mean it's also entirely possible they just release DMC3 info independently of nintendo like they did for the style switching update
Yeah but what are the odds that the dates coincide together randomly? Sure it's possible but that would be the mother of all coincidences.
I still think Dante is the most likely character at the moment.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
What was said back then?
Matt Walker gave out 3 dates to look forward to, one being the direct date.
The VA for the character “V” said he’d love for the character he voiced to get in Smash but admitted it would be Dante who already got in Marvel Vs Capcom and Smash.

You know the lyrics: "The wind blows hard in January"
OUR LAST FIGHT, DO YOU REMEMBruary?

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Finally!

Now that we are in the endgame, what are your top predictions?

Dovahkiin
Doom Slayer
Arle Nadja
Travis Touchdown
Lloyd
Dante

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Yeah but what are the odds that the dates coincide together randomly? Sure it's possible but that would be the mother of all coincidences.
I still think Dante is the most likely character at the moment.
Well Japanese game companies seem to like announcing things in the middle of the week as opposed to Mondays and Fridays. So the chances are really 1 in 3. Not very extreme odds.

Lacrimosa

Smash Lord
Matt Walker gave out 3 dates to look forward to, one being the direct date.
The VA for the character “V” said he’d love for the character he voiced to get in Smash but admitted it would be Dante who already got in Marvel Vs Capcom and Smash.

OUR LAST FIGHT, DO YOU REMEMBruary?
That would be really weird if it's going to be Dante then.
I mean, Dante would fit and I love him, but still.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm going to go to bed a little earlier tomorrow night for this.

Throwing in the final bone and putting all bets on Phoenix Wright.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Thursday just cant get here soon enough. No matter as I have other things I'm doing to pass the time. :)

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So to summarise

• Announcement will be on Thursday
  • The current front runner in rumors is Dante
  • The other characters that have had "hints" are KOS-MOS, Arle Nadja and other Namco characters
  • Serveral Characters have been shot down by leakers but that was so much of a mess that no one can keep track
  • Phoenix Wright is still in the running as far as I know
Though if it was Dante, why were all the leakers so squirrely about it? Was it because one of the devs of DMCV said no and they thought they would look stupid if the said it was Dante?

DMTN

Smash Journeyman
I'll have to watch at work, but that's alright. Wouldn't want to miss the Phoenix Wright reveal.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I know Sakurai's pose isn't a hint but it is definitely taken from the actual video, so I wonder what the context of it could be? I keep thinking of an E (Elma?), a 3 (DMC3? Three Houses?), a superhero pose (Wonder Red?),, or maybe he's simulating hair spikes (Phoenix?). Or maybe the joke about oracles could be relevant?

Or, you know, none of that and it's just Sakurai being cute. I doubt it's a hint at all but it's fun to consider! My big guess is still Dante, but...we REALLY could be seeing anyone from Bill Rizer to Reimu to Billy & Jimmy Lee to Elizabeth Comstock to Kunio-kun to Quote to....anyone!!

I love how it hasn't been leaked, too! I hope we keep it this way.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Why are people still thinking Dante is still in the run

The creator already deconfirmed him

For me if sources are wrong doomguy or Ryu hayabusa or geno

If correct master chief or whoever the puzzle girl papa Genos said

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
I know Sakurai's pose isn't a hint but it is definitely taken from the actual video, so I wonder what the context of it could be? I keep thinking of an E (Elma?), a 3 (DMC3? Three Houses?), a superhero pose (Wonder Red?),, or maybe he's simulating hair spikes (Phoenix?). Or maybe the joke about oracles could be relevant?

Or, you know, none of that and it's just Sakurai being cute. I doubt it's a hint at all but it's fun to consider! My big guess is still Dante, but...we REALLY could be seeing anyone from Bill Rizer to Reimu to Billy & Jimmy Lee to Elizabeth Comstock to Kunio-kun to Quote to....anyone!!

Sakurai: "Feelin cute. Might reveal a smash character later idk"

Last edited:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master

He could be cheekily referencing Half-Life 3 if the character is Gordon Freeman.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master

He said the character couldn't get in unless Dante had games on the Switch. But now we have Devil May Cry 1, 2 and 3 all going to be on Switch.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

you mean like how kirkhope deconfirmed banjo?

NDAs are a thing, ya know

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Slight correction, the producer of DMCV said Dante's out, Hideki Kamiya has said nothing of the sort, though Hideaki Itsuno, the director since 3 has said Dante would need more Nintendo appearances

Eldrake

Smash Lord
I am less confident on a post-pass DLC fighter being revealed alongside FP5, but I'd love to be proven wrong.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
You know what would be a really funny irony? If that one 4chan leaked that had so many accurate DMCV details but got "Dante in Smash" wrong turned out to be right after two years.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Well, with less than two days to go I've decided to hope for my boy, the number one assassin, the No More Hero, the one who strikes down goddamn superheroes and strikes back, Travis Touchdown!

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Oh God, it's happening...

I can't watch. I'm too nervous. We've had so many different names now, it really seems like it could be anyone. I'm not a huge fan of sudden reveals like this - the tension is just overwhelming. The fact that this one hasn't leaked is insane, but I feel like there'll be a decent portion of the fanbase that gets disappointed regardless of who it is. All I know is that there will be salt.

Hopefully he also talks about the post-pass DLC plans as well. I was expecting a double reveal if it was a full direct, but I don't think that "Here's the plan" is beyond possibility, especially if the second reveal is a PP-like one with in-game footage.

Good luck everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom