• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eldrake

Smash Lord
The way that Sakurai worded his tweet and basically daring us to guess who the fighter is, makes me think that FP5 could be someone relatively obscure rarely speculated by Smash fans.

Let's go Jason Frudnick.

Last edited:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Ohhh ****, here we go.

Now let's hope that neither Vergeben nor Sabi crawl out of the woodworks to spoil the surprise.

Now, to see when that time is for Europe. . .

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
No it's just one character, which means people are going to immediately speculate he'll reveal two characters.
I mean to be fair, there's nothing stopping Sakurai from being all like "By the way, we have one more announcement to make" at the end and cue Fighter 6. Not that i'm expecting it but it could easily happen.

D

Deleted member

Ohhh ****, here we go.

Now let's hope that neither Vergeben nor Sabi crawl out of the woodworks to spoil the surprise.

I mean, now's the time to get off Smashboards in case one of the trigger happy folks post their leaks here.

Why am I still here? Because I need a life.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
ALL IN ON DANTE?????

I doubt "oracles" is a hint and is more him kidding around but what if it's a character who can see the future or is involved in fortune-telling? It's crazy, this whole shadow-drop thing, is it someone mysterious?? I gotta take time off work to catch this live I'm freaking it!!!

Last edited:

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
Ohhh ****, here we go.

16.01.2020 um 15 Uhr, mein Freund. :)

Last edited:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
We still thinking it's DMC character? That the most popular guess?

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
he's holding up three fingers 3h character confirmed my logic is infallible
The Smash logo in this announcement is on Fire
the logo could be considered an Emblem
Sakurai is holding up Three fingers
Sakurai wrote an article semi-recently about him owning multiple Houses

oh yeah, it’s all coming together

Last edited:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
So, looking at the wording of that announcement. . . they're not even explicitly mentioning this being FP5.
Watch it be the first post-pass DLC character lmao

ALL IN ON DANTE?????

I doubt "oracles" is a hint and is more him kidding around but what if it's a character who can see the future or is involved in fortune-telling? It's crazy, this whole shadow-drop thing, is it someone mysterious?? I gotta take time off work to catch this live I'm freaking it!!!
But I don't wante Dante.

It's 3PM CET
16.01.2020 um 15 Uhr, mein Freund. :)
Aight, thanks!

D

Deleted member

oh yeah, it’s happening
Oh yeah...*puts on shades*

Timw to bring the salt.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
At this point I'm betting it's Dante. The date that Matt Walker gave us is the same as the presentation. And there is no Nintendo direct soooo
i mean it's also entirely possible they just release DMC3 info independently of nintendo like they did for the style switching update

zferolie

Smash Hero
Shantae and touhou gang checking in. Lets see what happens.

I know the dmc guy said to expect news on the 16th, but i doubt nintendo would have let them spoil dante that way, so i doubt its him.

SKX31

Smash Master

oh yeah, it’s happening
Ootl, does any 3h character own a bird? If so that character's 100 % in cause that ain't falco.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but as I have recently began playing DMC I have started caring about Dante. This disconfirms him, as one of the most consistent rules for DLC is that it must be a character I don't care about.

Please understand

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

TOMORROW WE'LL DISCOVER WHAT OUR GOD IN HEAVEN HAS IN STORE

ONE MORE DAWN...

ONE MORE DAY...

ONE DAY MORE

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So they're keeping it secret until the end.

Unless it was Dante in which case Nintendo is having extreme "Resi 4 will remain a Gamecube exclusive" flashbacks.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
I really really REALLY hope it isn’t Dante because Matt Walker and that VA spoiling a Smash reveal a few days in advance is a tremendously dickheaded move from supposed professionals.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I mean to be fair, there's nothing stopping Sakurai from being all like "By the way, we have one more announcement to make" at the end and cue Fighter 6. Not that i'm expecting it but it could easily happen.
Still, the longest Smash direct was due to Sakurai fanboying over SNK and playing Terry's classic mode.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I really really REALLY hope it isn’t Dante because Matt Walker and that VA spoiling a Smash reveal a few days in advance is a tremendously dickheaded move from supposed professionals.
I don't think that would go down well with the Japanese office as Fire Emblem Three Houses jettisoned two VAs for breech of contract for talking about their roles before they were allowed to. One innocently, one less so.

Droodle

Smash Lord
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but as I have recently began playing DMC I have started caring about Dante. This disconfirms him, as one of the most consistent rules for DLC is that it must be a character I don't care about.

Please understand
Sorry, but there is a Dante you're forgetting about...

That's right Donte coming in hot as the most iconic version of the character.

Darkmoone1

Smash Apprentice
Woke up, picked up my phone and saw the tweet. Jumped out of bed to go IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom