• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
My favorite reaction is the one where people say they're huge Banjo fan and wanted him since melee, but didn't recognize the jiggy at the start of the trailer (which is like half of the youtuber reaction).

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
The best reaction I've ever seen was of course Animal Crossing. And at the end when he said the reason they had to delay the game so that it can be the best it can be when it releases, I like how everybody watching it went "that's fine take all the time you need"

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I feel like it has been forever since I was genuinely surprised by a trailer. Terry, Banjo & Kazooie, and Hero were all pretty damn known prior to their reveal. Joker would have been surprising but I was too busy getting the actual Ultimate at a midnight release that literally nothing was going to pull me away from the hype (plus I hadn't played Persona 5 yet, so it was an entirely oh cool because all my emotional capacity was focused on release night fun). Plant I guess was the last one lol.

But just like, the last time I walked away super excited about something I also didn't really expect beforehand/have a feeling about was probably... Bayonetta? Come on Fighter #5, bring me something new and awesome haha... and please, Nintendo, don't leak this one on your own lol.

D

Deleted member

Just imagine if we just get a random note from Nintendo saying that Fighter 5 is delayed.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
My favorite reaction is the one where people say they're huge Banjo fan and wanted him since melee, but didn't recognize the jiggy at the start of the trailer (which is like half of the youtuber reaction).
In my defense, I blinked the moment it bounced across so I didn't realize who they were up until I saw their silhouette.
The funny thing was when Kazooie unfurled her wings at this shot, I thought they were making the Tikis playable.
1578954985702.png
Anyway, my personal favorite trailer is a tossup between Mega Man and Ridley. The former is obvious, but the latter was not only the realization of one of my big dreams, but said trailer is probably among the best in terms of establishing the fighter's character and personality.

Seriously, probably some of the best characterization given to Samus and Ridley in years.

Last edited:

Dinoman96

Smash Master
The people with Galaxy Brains were the ones that figured it was Banjo before the jiggy flew by.

They conveniently had all three of the playable Rare characters sitting together...

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Mahashiro Sakurei on Twitter (the fake one.) Has said that the Direct would be announced tomorrow morning and it would show the 5th fighter and something about Pikmin 3 Pikmin 3 Deluxe, Prime Trilogy HD, Odyssey 2, a new Paper Mario game and a 2D Metroid game.
What do you guys think of this?

https://mobile.twitter.com/Nin_SmashBros/status/1216846151871336448
Are we really so desperate for information that we're discussing what literal ****post accounts say?

DespairMegumin.png

Every day we fall further from Sakurai's grace...

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Calamitas

Smash Champion
On the note of things that are less likely to be nothing noteworthy after all, we got a better look at the Joker Frompersonafive costume for TMS#FE.

Considering that this wasn't meant to be revealed yet, I could see this being shown off in a Direct this week.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
y'all had these fake ass reactions to Joker while I was here making Smashboards moment 37:

View attachment 257126

never forget I went thru HELL in this thread just talking about Joker

"He's never going to happen" "He's never appeared on a Nintendo console before" "Persona is too niche"

WHO'S LAUGHING NOW HUH

View attachment 257128

sorry i needed to get that out of my system for a v long time now so thank u for listening to my rant TED talk
daybreak you fake ass **** you didn't even post in the joker thread til after he was revealed i don't see you shakin and freakin out in there seconds after he turns the envelope around after being told by some loser in the thread he was impossible two days before SMH FAKE FAN

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
On the note of things that are less likely to be nothing noteworthy after all, we got a better look at the Joker Frompersonafive costume for TMS#FE.

Considering that this wasn't meant to be revealed yet, I could see this being shown off in a Direct this week.
I'm going to burn every copy of Persona 5 because I know this will singlehandedly get people to buy TMS and I hate it

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
daybreak you fake ass **** you didn't even post in the joker thread til after he was revealed i don't see you shakin and freakin out in there seconds after he turns the envelope around after being told by some loser in the thread he was impossible two days before SMH FAKE FAN
Do I gotta bring up the irl screaming video

Don't make me bring up the irl screaming video

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
My reaction to Incineroar and Ken:
"Ha-ha! The ones who believed that fake Grinch leak deserved it!" (This was before I joined Smashboards back in 2018.)

My reaction to Banjo-Kazooie:
"Yes.... thy time has come... bear and bird are finally here."

Last edited:

Barrubo

Smash Apprentice
Look I am as sceptical as you guys are in this but at this point i kinder want to get this over with since it has been so long since Terry got announced. Like we need to know who the next fighter is so that we can move on to the next pass.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Look I am as sceptical as you guys are in this but at this point i kinder want to get this over with since it has been so long since Terry got announced. Like we need to know who the next fighter is so that we can move on to the next pass.
This is why I want FP5 speculation to be over. We've run it to the ground and there's barely anything left to discuss. That's why I and so many others are desperate to get to post-Pass.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Seriously, probably some of the best characterization given to Samus and Ridley in years.
Though that's not saying much considering Metroid: Other M was it's competition. Come to think of it does this "Other M" have any sort of plot significance or did they just not know what to call the game?

It would be hilarious if they gave everyone a Joker costume.

"Looking cool Joker! And other Joker. And other, other Joker..."

"Man, what a buncha Jokers!"

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
What the **** you made one of those? Link it now you punk ***** before I call Sakurai to cancel this week's Direct
***** don't ****in' @ me. I only thought to record the very end for some buds on Snapchat, but I screamed enough during the trailer to wake up my parents (I was home for the holidays), so don't worry about me hamming it up for the video. That's 100% genuine.

I was v hype and v high pitched because of that.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Though that's not saying much considering Metroid: Other M was it's competition. Come to think of it does this "Other M" have any sort of plot significance or did they just not know what to call the game?

It would be hilarious if they gave everyone a Joker costume.

"Looking cool Joker! And other Joker. And other, other Joker..."

"Man, what a buncha Jokers!"
Other M

The game's about Samus angsting about the baby Metroid, about how badly she wants kids because she was written like MCU Black Widow.

M Other
***** don't ****in' @ me. I only thought to record the very end for some buds on Snapchat, but I screamed enough during the trailer to wake up my parents (I was home for the holidays), so don't worry about me hamming it up for the video. That's 100% genuine.

Ok but did you feel lightheaded and nearly faint after that? Cause I did that for Ridley alongside causing noise complaints from the neighbours

Flyboy

Smash Hero

I know I was just ribbing you rn but goddamn it's really funny because like until Joker got revealed I didn't really think that reaction videos were legit. I know a lot of people ham it up for the camera (which is fine! I like genuine-feeling reactions) but the moment he turned that envelope around and me and my partner just screamed and started hugging and crying, that was some real ****. I'll never forget that moment. Also I wasn't kidding about fainting and skinning my knee. Our other roommate was in a chair in the back and was CONVINCED we were gonna cause a noise complaint.

gotta love the smash bro

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I know I was just ribbing you rn but goddamn it's really funny because like until Joker got revealed I didn't really think that reaction videos were legit. I know a lot of people ham it up for the camera (which is fine! I like genuine-feeling reactions) but the moment he turned that envelope around and me and my partner just screamed and started hugging and crying, that was some real ****. I'll never forget that moment.

gotta love the smash bro
I think it was on SuperButterBuns' video but one guy she was watching TGA with said "Hey I think this is a fighting game!" Like, a millisecond before he flipped the envelope. Best foresight I ever ****ing saw lmao

D

Deleted member

1 fun thing to look at is how every DLC character has their naysayers with arguments going against their inclusion pre-reveal.

"Persona 5 doesn't have a game on an Nintendo console! There's no way Joker would be in!"
"Dragon Quest has no audience in the West, and Square Enix hates crossovers! There's no way Erdrick Hero would be in!"
"Microsoft hates Banjo-Kazooie cause they haven't had a new game in over a decade! There's no way Banjo would be in!"
"What's an SNK? European Nintendo must've made a mistake!"

These were some of the most prevalent things said aside from the "character y would be in instead of character x" thing, so I'm certainly interested in what arguments end up getting destroyed by FP5's reveal.

D

Deleted member

1 fun thing to look at is how every DLC character has their naysayers with arguments going against their inclusion pre-reveal.

"Persona 5 doesn't have a game on an Nintendo console! There's no way Joker would be in!"
"Dragon Quest has no audience in the West, and Square Enix hates crossovers! There's no way Erdrick Hero would be in!"
"Microsoft hates Banjo-Kazooie cause they haven't had a new game in over a decade! There's no way Banjo would be in!"

These were some of the most prevalent things said aside from the "character y would be in instead of character x" thing, so I'm certainly interested in what arguments end up getting destroyed by FP5's reveal.
There's going to be an excuse for every character people support. Every fighter we got this time around and even prior had an excuse to not get in. Remember when Ridley was too big?

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
You wanna talk about good trailers;

The artstyle is spot-on, Doc Louis's coaching in the background is perfect, it's the definition of "hype."
And I had no interest in this character back when everyone was speculating his arrival, yet I've rewatched his more than any of my favorite newcomer's trailers.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

people on twitter: "HE LOOKS SO BAD"

my brain: "Most cosplayers do,"

that said, imma try and get that costume asap

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

Bruh what headass was saying Square hates crossovers, they had Final Fantasy cross over with the ****ing GOAT
This show is great and I recommend it to everyone except the good boys and girls cause of the nudity and **** in the show

BernkastelWitch

Smash Ace

It always feels like the fandom has a case of Tunnel vision and unless the character is Geno/Waluigi/Doom Guy/Sora, there is no way some character is possible in their eyes, even if there's evidence for them or a character is more likely than they claim.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Anyway, calling it, the DMC twitter gave us the actual Direct date of January 16th so we're getting **** all tomorrow in terms of announcements but rather the day after

Also doesn't GG Strive get a new trailer then? Sol Win
This weekend at Frosty Faustings

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Thank god I've been finding more things to do to pass the time from watching Ace Attorney, reading, playing MediEvil (PS4), Luigi's Mansion 3 and Smash Ultimate and starting to get back to working at my house as well as bonding with my dogs. Kinda also in the mood to watching more movies I haven't watched for a while or haven't long ago notably Rampage, Kong: Skull Island, Joker (2019) and Grizzly (1976).

There's more to life then just Smash.

Last edited:

Jerry98

Smash Journeyman
Other M

The game's about Samus angsting about the baby Metroid, about how badly she wants kids because she was written like MCU Black Widow.

M Other
I still think Other M was an okay game. Probably the worst Metroid game, but not as bad as many say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom