• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarBot

Smash Lord
NNID
TheStarBot
I wonder if the humans in Pokemon are fair game for a character slot, because I could see Sabrina using her psychic powers to reck some people, or Koga being an echo fighter of Sheik.
Condersing how one the biggest criticism I herd about not only Sword and Shield, but also Sun and Moon, is how uninstresting and one-note the characters are

With only expection is the characters desgins

There is a reason why Smash never references the trainers in the game, with the exception on Pokemon Trainer

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
I know Sabi deconfirmed him and all, but the more I think about it, I think Dante has the highest chances so far, here's what we got.

You have a producer on the series teasing 3 DMC related announcements related to the Switch port of DMC3 on certain dates, Jan 16th, January 30th, and February 13th.

Now a big rumor going around is one of those announcements is going to be the addition of style switching viva the dpad to DMC3. What if that is being added to DMC3 on Switch because Dante's style switching is gonna be he is gimmick in Smash? Here's my prediction for the timeline,

January 16th is the Nintendo direct where Dante is revealed for Smash and maybe a DMC4 port.

January 30th is when Capcom reveals that Style Switching is a thing for the Switch port.

February 13th is when Sakurai does his Dante presentation and Dante releases later that day, a week before DMC3 comes out on Switch.

Then we all celebrate because we got this banger in Smash.

After all Dante does check a lot of the same check boxes that the rest of the fighter's did being from a major third party franchise, that at first you think would make to Smash and top it off will likely have a incredibly fun moveset which Sakurai did basically state is the most important factor to getting into Smash.
Are we sure Devil Trigger would be used in a trailer and not Devils Never Cry?

People still believe Sabi's a girl? Jesus. I it was old news he only went by the opposite gender to protect his identity.
At this point, who the **** knows since it keeps changing with every post by someone.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Condersing how one the biggest criticism I herd about not only Sword and Shield, but also Sun and Moon, is how uninstresting and one-note the characters are

With only expection is the characters desgins

There is a reason why Smash never references the trainers in the game, with the exception on Pokemon Trainer
Melee had some trophies of Pokemon NPCs plus we have Team Rocket grunt Mii costumes.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
The VA stuff doesn't matter because, as established when it first came up, that's not Dante's voice actor. That's V.

SKX31

Smash Master
The biggest reason Bayo was broken is because they shifted to Ultimate right after she released, with a slight nerf in a patch afterwards which is like cellotaping someone's arm back on. We'd need that exact scenario in order to have Dante be about half as busted as Bayo.

Anyway we should just have a Capcom dedicated Fighter Pass, everyone wins like that
While the shift to Ultimate explains why Bayo was borken for the rest of 4, we should remember the invitational too (using Ultimate's beta build - the video starts at the relevant section when clicked):

The game where Sakurai shook his head. Note that the triple jump glitch was still present in the beta build. I'm kinda lead to believe that Sakurai and most of Sora Ltd. were just too busy with developing Ultimate, leaving balancing on the back burner until close to completion. But MKLeo made it all too obvious and Sakurai had to respond after the invitational.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

At this point, who the **** knows since it keeps changing with every post by someone.
He's a dude. I've seen him confirm it first hand via discord pm's with others that were screenshotted. Never did save those screenshots though lol.

StarBot

Smash Lord
NNID
TheStarBot
Why he's advertisementing a account that openly making fun of Fatmanonice Fatmanonice ?

There was a problem fetching the tweet

I mean, I don't like the man either, but it seems really inresponsible and rude to make fun of the dude, with how many followers that he has

It's good thing most of Sabi's followers (understandably) don't understand the joke / who's this is referenceing

D

Deleted member

Why he's advertisementing a account that openly making fun of Fatmanonice Fatmanonice ?

I mean, I don't like the man either, but it seems really inresponsible and rude to make fun of the dude, with how many followers that he has

It's good thing most of Sabi's followers (understandably) don't understand the joke / who's this is referenceing
Let's not focus on leaker drama again

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

It's Monsun so it's just whatever. Dude's just having fun. I'm not too bothered by it.

Attachments

ToddCam

Smash Journeyman
If Dante is in Smash, I unironically want an alt of the reboot version. I've only ever played that one in PlayStation All-Stars. The main Dante looks kind of ugly.

D

Deleted member

I firmly believe that Sabi's just threatened by Fatmanonice Fatmanonice which is odd because all Fatman's doing is just speculating based on rumors.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
While the shift to Ultimate explains why Bayo was borken for the rest of 4, we should remember the invitational too (using Ultimate's beta build - the video starts at the relevant section when clicked):

The game where Sakurai shook his head. Note that the triple jump glitch was still present in the beta build. I'm kinda lead to believe that Sakurai and most of Sora Ltd. were just too busy with developing Ultimate, leaving balancing on the back burner until close to completion. But MKLeo made it all too obvious and Sakurai had to respond after the invitational.
At the same time there's other factors at play. The guy who played Ridley here was a Melee player, unfamiliar with Smash 4 and Bayo. The Bayo player knew all about it and how to do it and Ridley us a big boy which means lots of combos work on him that wouldn't work on other characters
What if V was a stage cameo who talked, like the Phantom Thieves?
That'd mean they wouldn't go for the iconic ass Temen-ni-gru, V can only exist in DMCV and that's from 3

D

Deleted member

For all of you impatient people, this guy has got your back.

Patience isn't an us vs them thing. It's a "how did you survive the last four months without a newcomer and suddenly a fifth month is terrible?"

That'd mean they wouldn't go for the iconic ass Temen-ni-gru, V can only exist in DMCV and that's from 3
Well, it's not like timelines can't be forgone for the sake of fanservice. Sakurai including Rock Howard with his older design is an example of this.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I firmly believe that Sabi's just threatened by Fatmanonice Fatmanonice which is odd because all Fatman's doing is just speculating based on rumors.
Let's not start. I haven't even talked to Sabi in two months and they can just live their life. People want us to fight but there's literally no interaction anymore and I think both of us are alright with that.

D

Deleted member

Let's not start. I haven't even talked to Sabi in two months and they can just live their life. People want us to fight but there's literally no interaction anymore and I think both of us are alright with that.
My bad. I'll drop it.

About the whole waiting thing, I dunno why people are so impatient. Like are there some people here that literally only play Smash Bros. exclusively or something? There's other games out there kids.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
My bad. I'll drop it.

About the whole waiting thing, I dunno why people are so impatient. Like are there some people here that literally only play Smash Bros. or something? There's other games out there kids.
Impossible, Smash is the only game to ever matter!

For real though I have like 14 games on my backlog and haven't even touched a game in a week lmao. I'm especiallu ****ed with that backlog as March is coming

D

Deleted member

Yeah but the KoF stadium was meant to celebrate SNK as a whole, and Rock's a huge fanfav, not exactly the same scenario as 3 is leagues above the rest in DMC history
But isn't 5 a new fanfav for the series? Surely they can make exceptions to include its characters.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Anyways, steering away from that topic, I have a game for you all. Instead of saying which characters you want, what locations do you want to see in Smash as a Stage? Or what Stage(s) would you want with the character(s) you want?
Besides the obvious gorgeous landscape atop the world that needs to come with my boy?

I feel like there are a few stages that are sorely needed, specifically since we have the songs for them, but nothing good to put them on. Mainly:
  • A Mario-series Bowser Castle stage
  • A Mario-kart series Rainbow Road
  • A DK-series Gangplank Galleon
  • Tetris, with a dynamic surface as the blocks fall and make lines, with the blocks as crushing hazards
  • Return of Pac-Maze, without the gimmick
  • Return of Wooly World
  • Return of Mushroomy Kingdom 1-2
  • Either change the "Super Mario World medley" to Yoshi series, or change the Melee Yoshi's Island stage to Mario series
Also I'd love the ability to set the "No Stage Hazards" switch to a specific stage layout for the travelling ones - you know how some Spirit battles on e.g. Wuhu island will stay at the boat phase.

D

Deleted member

For real though I have like 14 games on my backlog and haven't even touched a game in a week lmao. I'm especiallu ****ed with that backlog as March is coming
Right? How can I focus on Smash Bros when Dragon Quest 7 is over 50 hours long and only half of them are worth it.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
But isn't 5 a new fanfav for the series? Surely they can make exceptions to include its characters.
I personally doubt it because again, Rock's hella popular and his game is what gave Terry Buster Wolf, V doesn't really have that much popularity, Vergil, Nero, Lady and Trish are all significantly more popular than him and 2 of those are from DMC3

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I can see it if they opt for the Devil May Cry shop itself but having V show up anywhere that isn't DMC or the Qliphoth would be weird.

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
I don't see why gender is such a big issue when it comes to Smash. It's not like it has anything to do with the character choices. (From what I see, neither do roles, weapons, or any form of tokenism.) Anyways, steering away from that topic, I have a game for you all. Instead of saying which characters you want, what locations do you want to see in Smash as a Stage? Or what Stage(s) would you want with the character(s) you want?
PAC-Maze needs to come back even if it has to be completely reworked. I can't stand having Pac-Man in the game, but not the iconic setting of his own debut title.

D

Deleted member

Impossible, Smash is the only game to ever matter!

I feel you.

I still need to complete DQXI S, FE Three Houses, Pokémon Shield, Layton’s Mystery Journey, Mario Tennis Aces, Megaman 11, God Of War 4, Uncharted 4, Medievil and RE 2 Remake (the last two will be tough as heck to beat).

Hopefully I do take a minor break when I finish them all.

SKX31

Smash Master
At the same time there's other factors at play. The guy who played Ridley here was a Melee player, unfamiliar with Smash 4 and Bayo. The Bayo player knew all about it and how to do it and Ridley us a big boy which means lots of combos work on him that wouldn't work on other characters

That's very much true - the main issue was that the triple jump glitch only needed one jump frame after the first Up-B to effectively allow the second Up-B. The resulting combo was one of the main kill-confirms regardless of the character the Bayo faced. It's happened a lot in Smash 4 games (with seasoned veterans), and there was a large chance it was gonna show up there anyhow. Maybe it's a good thing it did show up - Sakurai only noticed the glitch there.

Late Edit: See my response to Shenryu64 Shenryu64 . Long story short, it turns out not to be a glitch, although I and many others believed so for the longest time.

PAC-Maze needs to come back even if it has to be completely reworked. I can't stand having Pac-Man in the game, but not the iconic setting of his own debut title.
I'd honestly prefer a Pac-Man 2: The New Adventures stage over Pac-Land (EDIT: if we have to get a semi-similar stage that is, no horizontal scrolling please. Bruh, I worded this poorly at the start. Otherwise I agree with you). At least TNA has the best (aka. craziest) Pacman out there wandering around doing dumb stuff. :4pacman:

Last edited:

Shenryu64

Smash Rookie
Bayonetta can still do the triple jump "glitch" and it is something that you can do in Bayonetta 2, so I don't really think it is a bug.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Capcom is such a wild company in that it's one that could just have its own pass and I'd be happy. Hell, they could have individual series passes and I'd be happy. Observe:

Capcom Pass:
1. Phoenix Wright
2. Arthur
3. Amaterasu
4. Jill Valentine
5. Viewtiful Joe

Mega Man Pass:
1. Roll
2. Proto Man
3. Tron Bonne
4. Bass.EXE
5. Zero

Devil May Cry Pass:
1. Dante
2. Nero
3. V
4. Trish
5. Lady
Bonus Assist Trophy: Nico

Street Fighter Pass:
1. Chun-Li
2. M. Bison
3. Akuma
4. Zangief
5. Juri

etc. etc.

Just give us Smash vs. Capcom already. C'mon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom