• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
Here's a little customization game we can play. Make your ideal pass using one character from each of the five lists.

1st Third-party
Rayman
Professor Layton
Dante
Phoenix Wright
Steve

2nd Third-party
Reimu
KOS-MOS
Arle Nadja
Lloyd Irving
2nd Sonic the Hedgehog character

"Promotional" Character
Three Houses rep (Your choice)
Astral Chain rep (Your choice)
Ring Fit Adventurer
Gooigi
Sword and Shield rep (Your choice)

Give the People What They Want
Geno
Master Chief
Sora
Waluigi
Issac

The Big Surprise
Any character who you want but don't expect.
1. Rayman - I just have so much nostalgia for him, and the games are fantastic.
2. Dr. Eggman - Not a huge Sonic fan, but Eggman is just the best, and the Sonic series could do with some more stuff in Smash by now.
3. Any main Three Houses lord - Kind of a cop-out, but I can't decide. They'd all be great.
4. Waluigi - Honestly I'd also pick Sora, but I'm just so curious as to how Waluigi would be should he finally join the fight.
5. Heavy (TF2) - I'd be floored if Valve got any acknowledgement but damn would this be cool.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
https://twitter.com/Newmarkomaro/status/1213966776842833926

Is this the same guy that leaked Mystery Dungeon?
Mystery Dungeon rumours have been circulating for a while. It wasn't a terribly unconventional claim for anyone with their ear to the ground.

He also said this:

No Mystery Dungeon here.

He's not consistent enough to invest in.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
God I hope the rumored date of January 16th for the Nintendo Direct is true. The wait has just become obnxious to the point I care more about getting FP5 reveal over with instead so all this straw grasping that's been happening right now can end for a moment.

Last edited:

Night Gale

Smash Ace
How reliable is that markomaro person? Because I am so f***ing ready for Switch Style Boutique. It's about goddamn time.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
God I hope the rumored date of the Nintendo Direct is January 16th. The wait has just become obnxious to the point I care more about getting FP5 reveal overwith instead so all this straw grasping that's been happening right now can end for a moment.
In that case, by January 17th, we'd be back at the straws, only one with one or two fewer options... and all those ostensibly "deconfirmed" characters back in the mix. It's really either grasping at straws, or beating the same rumours into the dirt. I mean, for as directionless as things seem now, I am glad we're done with that half a year of arguing over Erdrick and Steve.

But I feel you. At least after the Direct we'd get about... a week before people claim we're in a drought again. :laugh:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
God I hope the rumored date of January 16th for the Nintendo Direct is true. The wait has just become obnxious to the point I care more about getting FP5 reveal over with instead so all this straw grasping that's been happening right now can end for a moment.
Personally I hope it's slightly sooner.
I have an interview on the 16th, I prefer things not clash.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I know I’m flip flopping like crazy atm, but this is the only thing that is preventing me from completely discarding him.

https://twitter.com/Newmarkomaro/status/1203782444324970499
You have to ask yourself where your line in the sand is for leakers. Is it at 100% correct? 90%? 75? 50? Because I think labeling marko at credible 50% of the time is generous. Even leakers who have a much better ratio like Emily Rogers or Vergeben (in terms of Smash) get dismissed pretty readily.

At least this guy has made a lot of claims, which have garnered attention. So within the year, people will have a better idea of who they're dealing with.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Just gonna say something on Markomaro. He's vague as **** (likely intentionally so whether legit or not). That's why when you get post like this:

It can be seen as a leak. At an impulse reaction, this does look like he's teasing some sort of Follow up for BotW for 2020. But if it wasn't a BotW follow up but another Zelda game entirely, he'd still be right because he didn't really specify anything and "New Zelda in 2020" could be a perfectly valid interpretation as well.

I think he's a dude with his ear very close to the ground. He's not a leaker, but he picks rumors that may seem valid and rolls with them.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Just gonna say something on Markomaro. He's vague as **** (likely intentionally so whether legit or not). That's why when you get post like this:

It can be seen as a leak. At an impulse reaction, this does look like he's teasing some sort of Follow up for BotW for 2020. But if it wasn't a BotW follow up but another Zelda game entirely, he'd still be right because he didn't really specify anything and "New Zelda in 2020" could be a perfectly valid interpretation as well.

I think he's a dude with his ear very close to the ground. He's not a leaker, but he picks rumors that may seem valid and rolls with them.
He's made enough definitive claims that he can be held accountable to.

Screen Shot 2020-01-11 at 5.08.50 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-11 at 5.07.08 PM.png

But I do agree his leaks are primarily not really leaks, just digging through existing claims.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
He's made enough definitive claims that he can be held accountable to.

View attachment 256809
View attachment 256808

But I do agree his leaks are primarily not really leaks, just digging through existing claims.

A part of me is now thinking that it could be the end of the month. The transition to February week. At this rate with the starvation of Smash Speculation we'll all be starting Aztec style sacrificing to the higher planes of existence.

D

Deleted member

Feels like the dude is only taken into consideration just because he says things people want to hear.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I just wanna get FP5 over with so we can hopefully get some intel on how post-pass DLC is gonna work. That's where the real money is right now.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Yo don't forget about Advance Wars Mobile lol.

I don't know how valid this guy is but he has got some things right so IDK.
I just took those from one thread. If he also commented on AW that wouldn't surprise me considering it was another previously circulated leak.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I just wanna get FP5 over with so we can hopefully get some intel on how post-pass DLC is gonna work. That's where the real money is right now.
Aw crap, forgot I'll have to pay for beyond FP5. This is what I desperately want to know. I'm betting four more characters.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I just took those from one thread. If he also commented on AW that wouldn't surprise me considering it was another previously circulated leak.
It was from here.

I think this guy is piggybacking a lot from the Dec 2017 rumor but there's no denying he got a lot of things right.

But that Dec 2017 rumor in question had Wario Land VB Remake and Advance Wars on it so IDK where he got the mobile part from.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It was from here.

I think this guy is piggybacking a lot from the Dec 2017 rumor but there's no denying he got a lot of things right.

But that Dec 2017 rumor in question had Wario Land VB Remake and Advance Wars on it so IDK where he got the mobile part from.
Can't wait to spend money on orbs wrenches for limited edition Spring Festival Tanks, with bikinis, bunny ears, and tsundere dispositions.

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
It's funny seeing how people consider Markomaro a source or something but showing the thread to him will be even funnier.
Guys, he's not that kind of source. ****, he's not even a source, speculation guy or rumor bag at best

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Can't wait to spend money on orbs wrenches for limited edition Spring Festival Tanks, with bikinis, bunny ears, and tsundere dispositions.
Ehh... it's something at least lol. After 12 years of nothing, i'll take it lol.

Thing is, IDK how Mobile is the popular rumor when it could very well be a Switch game instead. Which is what i'm hoping will happen ultimately even if it's after whatever Mobile game. Plus, it can only help my boy's chances for DLC so I ain't complaining lol.

BZocky

Smash Ace
Ok regardless of leaks a modern ground-up remake of Virtual Boy Wario Land would be amazing on so many levels.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Here's a little customization game we can play. Make your ideal pass using one character from each of the five lists.

1st Third-party
Rayman
Professor Layton
Dante
Phoenix Wright
Steve

2nd Third-party
Reimu
KOS-MOS
Arle Nadja
Lloyd Irving

"Promotional" Character
Ring Fit Adventurer
Gooigi

Geno
Master Chief
Sora
Waluigi
Issac

The Big Surprise
1. Phoenix Wright
2. Reimu Hakurei
3. Ring Fit Adventurer babyyyy (ask me when I play any of those games)
4. Isaac
5. Characters I don't expect... Well, Leon Kennedy would be a nice surprise

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Someone earlier tried to use the Marth image as evidence for Agumon.

I wouldn’t underestimate the amount of stretching also done on this site.
Yeah but that guy has a rare vision disorder where when he sees 'Smashboards', it gets jumbled into 'Agumon.com', so he thinks he's somewhere else.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
It was from here.

idk man I wouldn't buy into rumors predicting stuff in 2021

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
idk man I wouldn't buy into rumors predicting stuff in 2021
True. The basis of most of this comes from the Dec 2018 trademark and the Dec 2017 rumor which he is largely piggybacking off.

CureParfait

Smash Ace

1st Third-party
Rayman
Professor Layton
Dante
Phoenix Wright
Steve

2nd Third-party
Reimu
KOS-MOS
Arle Nadja
Lloyd Irving

"Promotional" Character
Ring Fit Adventurer
Gooigi

Geno
Master Chief
Sora
Waluigi
Issac

The Big Surprise
Phoenix Wright
Reimu
Inteleon
Waluigi
Darkrai

D

Deleted member

It's ingrained into the culture somewhat and saying it's done to ***** out on being wrong is a complete disregard to why people do it in the first place. It's for the thrill. Ever watch a gambling anime like Akagi or Kakegurai and the protagonist gets a rush from nearly dying? It's kind of like that. It's completely for fun in a ****ed up way, and that's what these bets should be. No more or less.
account bets were objectively the only good thing about this hellsite besides 25 page long grinch arguments. you haven't lived unless you've experienced smashboards crusaders during the hero days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom