• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
So... looks like XCDE’s release date was potentially leaked:

So... wouldn’t count on an XCXDE announcement till E3 probably

what if next direct they still show some additional optional content like Elma making a cameo in XCDE?? And with it ELMA IN SMASH?????
If that release date is true. . . yes, please. That'd be way sooner than I expected, too.

Morning Raven

Smash Apprentice
Riot Games, the publishers/developers of League of Legends, often finds itself near the top of many “best companies to work for” lists, due to its relaxed corporate culture that prioritizes creativity and freedom among its staff. In short: they rock. One of Riot Game's characters perfectly represents all of those qualities. Much like the company, they are as free as a bird, and the Earth itself is a tapestry of their own making!

League of Legends has dozens of awesome characters, but I'm going to highlight one that's taken for granite. Riot Games knows that something as insignificant as a pebble holds infinite potential, and I see so much potential in this character: Taliyah, The Stoneweaver. Sorry, Malphite

Taliyah telepathically controls rocks, so her playstyle revolves around manipulating the battlefield itself; she gives stage control an entirely new meaning. Her goal isn't to simply attack opponents, but to also use the surrounding area to play to her strengths and fully utilize her special moves: many of which react to one another, and all of which are weaker while she's airborne. Taliyah is far stronger on the ground, and she can use her abilities to make it difficult for opponents to approach. Her attacks have incredible range and unique disjointed properties, and a special move that can push/pull grounded enemies farther/closer to her if it lands.

Neutral Special: Threaded Volley; Worked Ground (passive ability)

Press the special button to make 5 giant rocks twirl around Taliyah. The rocks block projectiles, but do not reflect them. Taliyah is able to move around after summoning the rocks, but she's unable to grab opponents while they are active. Press the button again to throw them. The first rock that hits deals the most damage (8%); the following deal 1% each if they land.

Worked Ground: When Threaded Volley is used on land, it leaves a circular marking around the immediate vicinity where it was used (roughly 1/3 of Battlefield). Moving in that area on the ground gives Taliyah a speed boost!

Normally, rocks thrown by Threaded Volley fly straight forward; however, they can be launched at an upward angle by using her...

Side Special: Seismic Shove

This is a disjoint attack; its range remains constant, but its distance increases the longer it is held! Tilt :GCR: and the special button to hit opponents away from you.

However, tap :GCR: while pressing the special button to pull opponents toward you instead.

The mound created by Seismic Shove remains on the stage for up to 8 seconds, or until the opponent destroys it. Throwing rocks from Taliyah's Neutral Special causes them to fly upward at an angle.

When used in the air, Taliyah simply jumps upward off of a rock. It deals no damage, but it doubles as a vertical recovery.

Seismic Shove can be used in tandem with...

Down Special: Unraveled Earth

Taliyah stumps on the ground, and little rock traps pop up in front of her. It deals no damage on initial impact, but it slows down opponents walking over it. After 5 seconds, the rocks explode and deal minor damage.

However, opponents pushed/pulled by Seismic Shove will instantly trigger the explosion, and it will deal extra damage.

Charge to increase its area of effect; a fully charged attack takes up 1/2 of Battlefield!

Up Special: Weaver's Wall

Grounded version is an unorthodox yet useful Up Special that quickly propels Taliyah forward; use whenever you want to effectively close the gap between you and the opponent. Multi-hitting attack. Press the jump button to hop into the air, or press the special button again to cancel it. If Taliyah is hit, the attack ends prematurely.

Aerial version travels upward diagonally, and covers less distance.

Dash Animation:

Rapid Jab Attack:

She just casually stands there while throwing a bunch of tiny rocks at you.

Smash Attack: Rock(on) Smash

Taliyah throws up the "rock on" finger gesture. The rocks move behind her and deal damage as she charges the attack, similar to when Corrin revvs up her chainsaw. It's a disjoint attack with slow startup, but good range and deals a decent amount of damage.

Down Smash: LoL

It looks exactly like that, glitter and all! Stylish multi-hitting attack. If it misses opponents, it still has a very small windbox.

Up Smash:

It is Taliyah's fastest smash attack. It hits in front of and directly above her. In stereotypical geokinetic fashion, it also blocks projectiles!

Up tilt:

Two part attack. Press tilt and the button for Taliyah to raise her arm upward, which deals weak damage. Press the A button again to cause a rock pile to sprout upward.

Forward Tilt:

She steps forward and kicks rocks at you! Fast attack with decent range.

Down Air:

She drops a rock down below. It can be reflected. It's a good follow-up attack after using the grounded version of her Weaver's Wall Up Special and jumping in the air.

Back Air:

A decent multihitting attack that's good for spacing and edgeguarding.

Up Air:

A somewhat reliable tool for Taliyah to deal with pesky airborne opponents. However, it doesn't travel far before the rocks break, and it can be reflected.

Down Throw:

It would be wrong if Taliyah didn't have at least one move that buries opponents, so yeah... Down throw buries. Try to time it with her Unraveled Earth down special, for a cool combo extension!

Forward Throw: Naturally, she'd have at least one Toph reference.

Taliyah does a weak chop and then yeets you with powerful Earthbending Stoneweaving. Is a kill throw.

Taliyah has neat little interaction taunt things in League, so they'd use these (the first minute of the vid is pretty much taunts), but this is basically the best one.

She happily sits on a floating rock, sways from side-to-side, and kicks her legs around!

Victory Animation:

The League of Legend developers are huge Smash fans, so I took time with this one. Many of the images I used are from Taliyah's concept art. I've never played the game, but I did a ton of research and tried my absolute best to make her as true to the character as possible, while still making her hypothetical Smash Bros. transition as fun and balanced as possible.
While I appreciate the attention to Taliyah, she's one of the top 10 champs to never be considered seriously as a rep. She's not popular enough.

Realistically, the best choice for a rep would be Ryze or Irelia.

Someone big, like Crash, or Sora, or Kratos. Both to serve as a fitting end and so that people don't complain about the first party focus (they will anyway).

Uhh, wasn't it just last year when it came to light that Riot has a sexist and really toxic work culture? I remember there were strikes and everything, which is pretty rare in the gaming industry.
Actually sexism is a common problem in the industry. Not as common as being overworked but still decently common. But yes. Riot did just have stuff brought to the public's attention.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Actually sexism is a common problem in the industry. Not as common as being overworked but still decently common. But yes. Riot did just have stuff brought to the public's attention.
I think they mean that strikes were pretty rare in the gaming industry, though I'm not sure if they meant strikes over the sexist/toxic work culture or strikes in general.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Okay, so since everyone's dropping these "games"/thought experiments here every once in a while, how about this one?

Presume that FP5 is the final third-party character added Ultimate, and that every single post-pass DLC fighter is gonna be first-party. Who'd you pick to be the final third-party character? Personally I'd chose Amaterasu, just because.
I'd pick Ammy as well, I loved Okami and I feel she'd be a fun character to have in the game based on her different weapons and brush techniques.

Another character would be my pie in the sky Spyro, he's a huge part of my childhood and I still enjoy his games today, so I would be ecstatic to see him playable in Smash.

Last edited:

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
I don't have time to keep up, who are they saying is FP5 now? Or are they still just saying who it ISN'T?
All Verge and Sabi have been saying is who isn’t in.

This has caused a huge amount of the community’s overall opinion to sour on them.

Last edited:

Morning Raven

Smash Apprentice
I think they mean that strikes were pretty rare in the gaming industry, though I'm not sure if they meant strikes over the sexist/toxic work culture or strikes in general.
Yea that's true. Strikes aren't very common. The only real big one I remember is the voice actor strike years ago.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
Okay, so since everyone's dropping these "games"/thought experiments here every once in a while, how about this one?

Presume that FP5 is the final third-party character added Ultimate, and that every single post-pass DLC fighter is gonna be first-party. Who'd you pick to be the final third-party character? Personally I'd chose Amaterasu, just because.
I'm between Chief or Dante. Chief for the sheer shock value and Dante for him being my most wanted 3rd party.

KatKit

Smash Lord
Really cool moveset! One thing I'm noticing with her and other mages like Ryze, Lux and Ahri is that they all would be able to keep that burst magic aspect in Smash, which I think would be very interesting to see. I think we've yet to get a character that can literally chain all of their specials into one another like that, so it might be a really cool playstyle.

Also, do you mind crossposting this in the LoL thread? There's some people there that don't come here often, and I think they would really like your moveset!
Thanks!

Sure thing; I was always going to crosspost in the League thread when I'm done. I want to post at least one more character.

Please, Ahri is the only League of Legends character I wa- *sees Taliyah's moveset* *Looks at Ahri, looks at Taliyah* *sweats nervously* Darn it Katkit what have you done!

But seriously this is a great moveset, nice job. I like how despite her earth style, the special moves flow into each other like water. If she gets into Smash I wouldn't mind at all.

I'm right there with you, I'd choose Amaterasu too.
Thanks! Taliyah even has like a little ice themed skin; her "weaving" style of earth manipulation is a lot like water. A bunch of her fanart I ran into while making the moveset was even surfer themed lol.

As for Ahri, I might attempt it for her as well, but I wanted to highlight an underrated character I'm way more familiar with first.

Uhh, wasn't it just last year when it came to light that Riot has a sexist and really toxic work culture? I remember there were strikes and everything, which is pretty rare in the gaming industry.
Dang... They must be good at damage control; I mostly repeated what I read from the (apparently old) articles I found while googling the company, and then tried to make it about Taliyah lol. Thanks for pointing that out though. I had no clue. D:

While I appreciate the attention to Taliyah, she's one of the top 10 champs to never be considered seriously as a rep. She's not popular enough.

In all seriousness, I'm just highlighting a bunch of requested movesets, and fortunately Taliyah fell into the category of any League character.

Realistically, the best choice for a rep would be Ryze or Irelia.
I actually think Sakurai would go the Pokemon route, i.e. they give him a list of popular characters to choose from, then he picks the one he wants.

Last edited:

AlgusUnderdunk

Smash Ace
So here's a possibly fun game thing for characters you want, if they got in what sorts of things would you want to see in their trailer? Specify if it would be part of the pre-rendered movie, or a skit done with in-game footage.

Doom Slayer:
Movie: First person fight with Ridley and demons.
Skits: Punching ROB and taking a crate, defending a bunny-eared Daisy from an attack.

Phoenix Wright.
Movie: Phoenix getting charges dropped in various games. Isle Delfino vs Mario? Dropped. Onett Police vs Ness? Dropped.
Skits: Phoenix doing his OBJECTION! move, but then everyone gets hit with the POW effect as some uses the DK Hammer as a gavel. Phoenix pointing Captain Falcon from Pit to Dark Pit.

Geno.
Movie: Classic Mario v Bowser battle atop Bowser's castle, Peach cheering on Mario, when a massive sword drops through.
Skits: Geno fighting against Wario, Bowser then throws Mario at Wario. Geno freed from DK's grasp by Peach and her frying pan.

Last edited:

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
I don't have the quote on me but my "last third party in Ultimate" would easily be Crash
i've been waiting for Crash since Brawl

plus Banjo and Crash being in the same game together has been a separate hope of mine, so Crash getting into Ultimate would be like

the perfect storm of two different pipe dreams coming around at the same time

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Just listened to the quote in full context from the V voice actor everyone is talking about.

That is.... interesting, to say the least.

I still think Dante isn’t FP5, but given all of the circumstances around him, I think he has a REALLY good chance now of potentially being one of the first post pass characters.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So here's a possibly fun game thing for characters you want, if they got in what sorts of things would you want to see in their trailer? Specify if it would be part of the pre-rendered movie, or a skit done with in-game footage.

Doom Slayer:
Skits: Punching ROB and taking a crate, defending a bunny-eared Daisy from an attack.

Phoenix Wright.
Movie: Phoenix getting charges dropped in various games. Isle Delfino vs Mario? Dropped. Onett Police vs Ness? Dropped.
Skits: Phoenix doing his OBJECTION! move, but then everyone gets hit with the POW effect as some uses the DK Hammer as a gavel. Phoenix pointing Captain Falcon from Pit to Dark Pit.

Geno.
Movie: Classic Mario v Bowser battle atop Bowser's castle, Peach cheering on Mario, when a massive sword drops through.
Skits: Geno fighting against Wario, Bowser then throws Mario at Wario. Geno freed from DK's grasp by Peach and her frying pan.
Elma:
For the whole trailer: Uncontrollable must play. Gameplay should have Shulk and the Rex Mii Costume appear.

Octoling:
Movie: Galeem-controlled fighters patrolling an area that looks like the Fake Plastic Station in Deepsea Metro as #13 - shade plays before both Octolings lead a surprise attack.
Gameplay: Octolings face Galeem controlled fighters (even ones that were canonically controlled by Dharkon in WoL proper; as a counterpart to what Hero's trailer did) as the last minute of Fly Octo Fly ~ Ebb & Flow plays. Octoling's alts are shown: Default purplish-pink (female), pinkish-orange (male), Wizard Burgundy (Female), Knight Gray-Green (Male), Narwhal Lilac (Female), Unicorn Periwinkle (Male), Chaos Gold (Female), Order Silver (Male). the alt palettes, save for the first two which are based on Octo Expansion, are Splatfest colors from Splatoon 2. The Galeem (light aquamarine) aura is meant to symbolize Sanitization. At one point, DQVIII Hero will appear, a pun on how both he and the playable Octoling are both called Eight. The MC. Princess Diaries stage will be shown, with the stage element of Pearl descending once two minutes have passed, whipping out the Princess Cannon and shouting "Boo-YAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!"

Neku:
Movie: animated in the style of TWEWY's cutscenes.
Gameplay: Twister - Remix plays. Neku will taunt at one point by putting on his headphones and tapping his foot while the Squid Sisters AT is out.

for anyone else idc really

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If that happened...

I will pull a Chuggaaconroy and lose manliness points.
You've got a Ridley image. It's hard to lose manly points with that up~

Chief would be cool, though. Doubtful, but could happen. A very elite choice and would go out with a bang. I have a feeling they don't need a bang to go out on though. Which makes sense, seeing as how most bought the full pass anyway. I don't think it'd be some super obscure character, though it could be somewhat niche.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Just listened to the quote in full context from the V voice actor everyone is talking about.

That is.... interesting, to say the least.

I still think Dante isn’t FP5, but given all of the circumstances around him, I think he has a REALLY good chance now of potentially being one of the first post pass characters.
Wait a minute. Did you literally disregard what I said last night when you were talking about “people running around screaming about Dante” and that I was ignoring insiders, when I specifically said “IF” he got leaked, so not confirmed, just speculating—

Replied to me anyways, and NOW you listen to the quote and take an interest in it?

Kinda miffed. Not gonna lie. Speculating or bringing stuff up feels like a major waste of time. You’re something else.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
There's a huge difference between a music composer who didn't even know about Banjo in Smash at the time and a top figure at 343 who would have known about negotiations when they happened.
Kirkhope was working on Banjo Smash music when he "deconfirmed" him.

IMO Chief is still in the running for FP5. Where's Vergeben's minecraft content? Where are the Microsoft mii costumes?

Why isn't Microsoft deconfirmed from Sabi or Verg for FP5?

Why is KingZell alluding to Halo content coming to Switch?

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Wait a minute. Did you literally disregard what I said last night when you were talking about “people running around screaming about Dante” and that I was ignoring insiders, when I specifically said “IF” he got leaked, so not confirmed, just speculating—

Replied to me anyways, and NOW you listen to the quote and take an interest in it?

Kinda miffed. Not gonna lie. Speculating or bringing stuff up feels like a major waste of time. You’re something else.
Read my entire post.

I said that he is still likely not FP5, but he could have a good shot at post pass.

And I could’ve easily glossed over it entirely after seeing it brought up again, but I took the time to listen to the quote with full context.

It could very well still be a mistake, but after listening to it in its entirely, I’m not going to completely disregard it now like I did last night.

Better late than never, I guess.

Oh, and also the initial post I replied to where I said what you just quoted, I thought you were referring to the Matt Walker tweet at first.

Last edited:

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings

IMO Chief is still in the running for FP5. Where's Vergeben's minecraft content? Where are the Microsoft mii costumes?

The King Zell rumor and missing Mii Costumes are suspicious, but if it means anything, it will be for post pass.

Eldrake

Smash Lord

Doom Slayer:

Phoenix Wright.

Geno.
Gordon Freeman
Movie: Samus fighting against Xen aliens in Black Mesa (alternately, against the Combine in City 17), Gordon firing a rocket (alternately, punting an explosive barrel with the gravity gun) at a Gargantua/Strider (depending on the stage used) menacing Samus
Skits: Gordon lifting a crate across the stage while King DDD is crouching on it. Gordon's gravity gun grabbing Snake's grenade and punting it. Gordon opening a crate with his crowbar.

Dante
Movie: Bayonetta showing up in some capacity. Dante arriving by means of motorcycle.
Skits: Dante crouching to look at Pizza on the ground. Dante and Joker performing their respective rain storms simultaneously.

Agumon
Movie: Pikachu somehow being interrupted by Agumon. Greymon/WarGreymon fighting Charizard.
Skits: Agumon and Yoshi enjoying a meal together. Pokemon Trainer giving Agumon commands as though he's Agumon's trainer/tamer.

Juggernaut (Dota 2)
Movie: A recreation of the first Dota 2 trailer, but with Smash characters instead. Juggernaut making his appearance by attempting to gank someone (preferably Meta Knight)
Skits: Juggernaut showing off Blade Fury to Link and Mii Swordfighter after they've used Spin Attack and Hero's Spin. Juggernaut staring with implied confusion at Kirby wearing his mask. A battle between Juggernaut and Meta Knight ending with Juggernaut's Final Smash.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Cortez:
Movie: Samus boards a SpaceStation similar to the one in TimeSplitters 2, finds a time portal, the TimeSplitters attack and Cortez shows up from the portal to rid them all.
Skits: A few Diddy Kongs taunt with Cortez, referencing how Monkeys are the mascot characters of the series since the second game.

Axel Stone
Movie: Ganondorf sits on his throne like Mr. X, where he laughs and watches the TV to see the heroic fighters in the streets. They are in trouble from some shadowy criminal figures. Suddenly "GRAND UPPER!" and we see Axel Stone looking directly at the camera.
Skits: A bunch of Mii gunner in Swat uniforms through explosives at Ganondorf to reference the special move in the first Streets of Rage

Crono
Movie: A forest area kind of like Guardia Forest. Fighters get trapped or something... I don't know I just want Crono.
Skits: Cortez and Crono pose together because they are time travelling buddies... That's all I got.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Arle got deconfirmed by Vergeben.

And Sakurais “pic of the day” plus Daisy theory likely means nothing.
Arle can still happen post pass/in season 2 though. I feel like most of the peeps Verge and Sabi shot down for FP5 will happen later down the line, if not all of them (sorry Scorpion fans)

Calamitas

Smash Champion
TBH I feel like every prediction in this thread is getting dunked on next month and we're getting Terry Bogard'ed again.
Utter nonsense!

A reveal can very well still happen this month, which would mean that we don't have to wait until February for the dunking.

Last edited:

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
Imagine if we’re all going in circles and FP5 is actually Dark Souls. (Before anyone brings up the deconfirmations, I consider them as FromSoftware and not Namco)

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
As long as Fighter #5 plays in a unique way, I'll be excited. I was a big Hero hater and his move set shut me up big time. IMO Terry is the most boring character on the pass (in terms of playstyle, recognizability, character design, etc).

KOS-MOS looks like she could be a ton of fun.

Arle's puzzle-game based move set would be mad interesting.

Imagine if we’re all going in circles and FP5 is actually Dark Souls. (Before anyone brings up the deconfirmations, I consider them as FromSoftware and not Namco)
I've BEEN saying Dark Souls is a sleeper pick. FromSoftware and Miyazaki have made their mark on gaming as a whole these last two console gens. The Dark Souls name is popular all over the world, and Japanese.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

It's been confirmed by insiders here that Minecraft content was leakbait. That's useless to use against Verge.

His DLC stuff is very unreliable compared to base. He outright said SE was the first DLC character. Not true. He never mentioned it was his speculation, so we can't take it that way either. He only announced Terry after Nintendo leaked the SNK bit. While I believe that he knew about Terry beforehand, it's pretty hard for anyone to believe that too. Terry was a super obvious guess for SNK as is. He only announced Banjo after someone else. Not fair to really say he knew it when he could've piggybacked(I don't believe he did, but that's not something that really matters in the long run). He did tell us Erdrick was coming, and that's all he got indefinitely right on DLC.

Ignoring him or taking him as the gospel are both ridiculous extremes. He has enough credibility to take him into account. But that doesn't mean he's never going to get leakbaited again either.

Also, correct on Grant Kirkhope. People saying he wasn't under NDA is being ridiculous. Of course he was. He knew what the hell he was doing. He was being licensed to make music for a game. He's not going to say yes without knowing. This is just blatant common sense here.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
It's been confirmed by insiders here that Minecraft content was leakbait. That's useless to use against Verge.
You misread my post. I wasnt going after Verg, I was asking why he heard minecraft content (alluding to my belief that more Micro content will come to Smash)

Calamitas

Smash Champion
He outright said SE was the first DLC character. Not true. He never mentioned it was his speculation, so we can't take it that way either.
Now, let's be fair here, we do know for a fact that Sakurai was told to reveal Joker earlier than he intended to, and that Hero was already planned well in advance. It is in the realm of the possible that Hero was meant to be the first DLC character, but got pushed back.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152

Doom Slayer:

Phoenix Wright.

Geno.
Kyo Kusanagi:
Movie: I actually had two ideas for a Kyo trailer:
  1. Essentially a sequel to the Terry trailer. The first part would be a remake of the KoF 95 intro except the text talks about another opening for Smash. Could even replace that split second of Rugal with Sakurai. Trailer then cuts into more SNK characters such as Marco and K' trying to nab the invite.
  2. CGI trailer: a fight is taking place in the KoF arena, and a mysterious person with red pants appears outside. Trailer then cuts to the inside where we see Kyo fighting Ryu. After some Kyo gameplay, it'd cut back to CGI where Kyo gets attacked by purple flames. This song starts to play and as the smoke clears, we see Iori standing there where he is confirmed as a character as well.
Skit: A scene where Kyo is walking and two alternate colored Kyo's appear behind him, as a reference to the Kyo-1 and Kyo-2 clones.

Quote:
Movie: We see an in-game conversation between Sue and Kazama like at the beginning of the game. Kazama would say something about finding a strange letter and that he'd be sending it to Mimiga Village via the teleporter. The letter arrives and Quote grabs it and shows it to the audience.
Skit: A scene where Quote fights off a ton of Pits as a reference to all the angels you fight during the secret Hell level.

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
Agumon:
Movie Trailer: Set in Pokemon Stadium, Pikachu or PT on one end, crowd cheering. The opponent walking up is Tai with Agumon, leaving the trainer looking confused and using his Pokedex to try and get info on Agumon but it shows up as ??? on the screen. Shrugging and showing confidence the trainer points for his pokemon to go forth, charging at Agumon and after a small scrap where Agumon seems to be on the losing end, he digivolves with Tai's encouragement. Both PT and his Pokemon look shocked right before it cuts to game footage with Greymon going ham on the opponent. (All assuming Tai could make a cameo as well)

Skits: Agumon eating food with Yoshi, Kirby and DDD, Agumon seeing charizard and doing a frightened taunt only to digivolve to Greymon to make Zard run away. Someone throwing a Pokeball at Agumon but it bounces off without catching him.

Last edited:

Kronch

Smash Cadet
On the subject of Dark Souls, I personally still think Artorias would be an amazing DLC character. We don't have any heavy swordies yet. Probably wouldn't be that good competitively, but imagine a character even scarier than Ganondorf... Could be super fun.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Now, let's be fair here, we do know for a fact that Sakurai was told to reveal Joker earlier than he intended to, and that Hero was already planned well in advance. It is in the realm of the possible that Hero was meant to be the first DLC character, but got pushed back.
The problem is we don't know who was worked on first or who was intended to be revealed first.

It neither hurts nor helps Verge in reality. But we all know people take things to the extremes anyway and will use it to hurt Verge's credibility.

Being fair only does so much.

You misread my post. I wasnt going after Verg, I was asking why he heard minecraft content (alluding to my belief that more Micro content will come to Smash)
He was told be someone who had information that was basically leakbait. This is also why the information was inconsistent through the base game.

There's also a theory that Ender Dragon was mistaken for Rathalos' file name, but I don't put any clout into it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom