• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Watch all these decade long debates over a Zelda rep just culminate in Sakurai pulling a 4D Chess play and putting in Lana or Linkle from HW instead.

Last edited:

Calane

Smash Ace
Guess I missed the Zelda conversation, but Malon is the new Zelda rep we truly need!

93a593091f11fda74ef95a14e2ceb0d7.png

Her moveset could be based around farm work, cuccos, singing, and maybe even Epona somehow. They could probably even give her Romani's bow despite them being different characters. She'd be hilarious as a fighter and you know it.

She has even appeared in enough Zelda games to at least be considered a somewhat recurring character.

If not her, then I gotta go with my dude Linebeck, just for a Smash remix of his awesome theme.

PH_Linebeck_Artwork.png

Last edited:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Watch all these decade long debates over a Zelda rep just culminate in Sakurai pulling a 4D Chess play and putting in Lana or Linkle from HW instead.
I wouldn't even mind that. Hyrule Warriors is a great spin-off, and there are honestly worse choices than either of those two. Plus, they would only add weapons/fighting style that we haven't really seen in Smash yet, like staffs, summoning, crossbows or kicks. The only thing that's already kinda represented in Smash is tomes, which Robin also has. But even then, Robin uses their spells in drastically different way from what Lana does.

Neverx

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-5778-5302-2215
I just can't imagine them waiting till February, nothing is coming out in February and are they really gonna wait the month before to do a deep dive into Animal Crossing? The game comes out in two months and we know barely anything about it.

DMTN

Smash Journeyman
Call me a lunatic, but I think Kass is the most likely Zelda newcomer. Especially with BotW2 on the horizon. His specials could be the powers given to you by the four champions.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I just can't imagine them waiting till February, nothing is coming out in February and are they really gonna wait the month before to do a deep dive into Animal Crossing? The game comes out in two months and we know barely anything about it.
Yes obviously because Sakurai and Nintendo purposely wants to keep torturing us for the lulz. *Sarcasm*

D

Deleted member

i was expecting a high-stakes unsafe bet that would result in drastic consequences

@Bolderousness has left too much of an impression
If we don't get a February direct, I will change my avatar to an Edelgard one for a month starting on the 13th or later, depending on when I lose

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

You clearly haven't seen Three Houses marketing.

Neverx

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-5778-5302-2215
You clearly haven't seen Three Houses marketing.
It was bad, especially with no information and a concrete date for a while but Animal Crossing comes out in two months and really hasn't had that much information dropped for it.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
there's still precedent for multiple directs in the same month

last year we had both a general direct and a pokemon direct in february

Then in june, we had another pokemon direct followed by the e3 direct a week later

I wouldn't give up hope quite yet

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

We're actually going to wait for February to find out who Fighter 5 is huh?

crosses all fingers and toes for a regular Direct next week

D

Deleted member

It was bad, especially with no information and a concrete date for a while but Animal Crossing comes out in two months and really hasn't had that much information dropped for it.
My hunch is we'll get a butt load of Animal Crossing hype by February. We know they at least gotta market the return of Isabelle given her popularity among other things.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

We're actually going to wait for February to find out who Fighter 5 is huh?

crosses all fingers and toes for a regular Direct next week
FP5 will be revealed in the direct though! It'll be Toxtricity, with Dynamax Baboom as the homestage. The stage hazard is that Baboom can just remove a player from the game entirely at will as they cannot hope to win in the precense of Baboom

D

Deleted member

FP5 will be revealed in the direct though! It'll be Toxtricity, with Dynamax Baboom as the homestage. The stage hazard is that Baboom can just remove a player from the game entirely at will as they cannot hope to win in the precense of Baboom
Sakurai saw all of the discussion here about cutting characters and decided to allow the player to cut the characters they want.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
whenever baboom gets a stack of resumes for smash he immediately throws half of them in the garbage. he only wants lucky winners working in his department.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
well that was... anticlimactic

smash direct next week then?

AmphabulouSnake

Smash Journeyman
Aight.......I guess we might have to wait till next week or later for the Nintendo Direct.....;;
POKEMON DIAMOND AND PEARL REMAKES THO :ooooooo

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Between this and the Sword/Shield controversy last year, Pokemon is really becoming the ultimate heel among Nintendo franchises.

NurpNurp

Smash Journeyman
Between this and the Sword/Shield controversy last year, Pokemon is really becoming the ultimate heel among Nintendo franchises.
I... would not go that far. SwSh's Dexit is still garbage, and rightly hated, but this isn't really another controversy, just something that everyone thought would be something else

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
So you're telling me Sakurai choose Incineroar as a sort of sneaky metaphor?

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Pokemon National Dex DLC and Pokemon Sleep maybe? There really isn't anything else it could be. They aren't going to announce the next game yet
I wouldn't be surprised if they announce D/P remakes to come out sometime late this year, after all Game Freak love their yearly releases, and by announcing it this early they'll wash away most of the remaining critics of Sw/Sh by tickling their nostalgia bone. At the very least I'm confident in saying it won't be National Dex DLC, and a mobile game can't take up the entire thing (even if it's just 20 minutes long), so I don't really see what else it can be.

A bit of a bummer to have it be a Pokémon Direct tbh, even putting Smash DLC aside I was really hoping for some news from Nintendo in general, as is there isn't a whole lot for me to be excited about this year (assuming BotW2 is next year).

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Wonder if that's why Sakurai added the Heel Pokemon :ultincineroar:

If there's anything Smash I'm betting on my marching boy(s?) Falinks.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
So did Sakurai choose Incineroar as a sneaky metaphor?
Considering Sakurai picked Incineroar in 2017-ish before all the PKMM controversy happened, I would wager he has the abillity to see in to the future like :ultshulk: lmao.
I... would not go that far. SwSh's Dexit is still garbage, and rightly hated, but this isn't really another controversy, just something that everyone thought would be something else
Yeah but it's funny to see PKMM as a heat-magnet of sorts as of late. I mean you could trace this even further back with the reveals of USun/UMoon in 2017 and the reception to Let's Go P/E in 2018.

This is almost like a slow-burn heel turn for PKMN in a way lol.

NurpNurp

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't be surprised if they announce D/P remakes to come out sometime late this year, after all Game Freak love their yearly releases, and by announcing it this early they'll wash away most of the remaining critics of Sw/Sh by tickling their nostalgia bone. At the very least I'm confident in saying it won't be National Dex DLC, and a mobile game can't take up the entire thing (even if it's just 20 minutes long), so I don't really see what else it can be.

A bit of a bummer to have it be a Pokémon Direct tbh, even putting Smash DLC aside I was really hoping for some news from Nintendo in general, as is there isn't a whole lot for me to be excited about this year (assuming BotW2 is next year).
Imagine the sh*tstorm though. We still don't even have all of the Gigantamax Pokemon live in SwSh, nor the transfer client, and already we get DPPt remakes? With missing DPPt Pokemon? There would be riots in the streets! And I would be a part of them! Because I'm a curmudgeon!

Considering Sakurai picked Incineroar in 2017-ish before all the PKMM controversy happened, I would wager he has the abillity to see in to the future like :ultshulk: lmao.

Yeah but it's funny to see PKMM as a heat-magnet of sorts as of late. I mean you could trace this even further back with the reveals of USun/UMoon in 2017 and the reception to Let's Go P/E in 2018.

This is almost like a slow-burn heel turn for PKMN in a way lol.
Yeah, the declining quality of the games has been a real problem, even if I was kinda meh on Black and White myself. SwSh at least feels less hollow and dry than SMUSUM did, though not for a lack of trying

Seriously, no Multi Battles? Like, first you cut the online Multi Battle Tower, now Multis are just gone? You have all these Gym Leaders you can use as solo partners too and nothing? Feels like missed potential

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom