• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
the video Id watch if Sora got in smash is the intro where Roxas saddly tells sora his summer vaction os over.

That way Ill be happy that Sora is in smash and also sad for Roxas all at the same time

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Let's try something a new game.

What video would you play/watch in celebration of one of your most wanted characters getting into Smash?
Alright, so I get an excuse to watch
  • The entire English dub of Madoka Magica
  • The Grinch (2018)
  • A video of someone defeating Christopher Robin
No clue what I'd watch for Gothitelle echo.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Chomp is very clearly Byleth, seeing how he has 5 meals back to back every Sunday to motivate his units.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Chomp is Wario's neutral special, meaning we're getting another Wario character.

Jimmy T. confirmed.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Watch "Chomp" be Agumon because he's a dinosaur and they chomp to bite down on things.
Honestly, he's not much of a chomper outside of the anime versions being bit eaters. Stuff relating to his proper abilities, body shape, etc. seems more fitting. Even the codename Brave would be more fitting(though that wasn't so much of a codename as a literal name like Packun Plant).

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Chomp is Wario's neutral special, meaning we're getting another Wario character.

Jimmy T. confirmed.
You're not looking far enough into this.

Chomp is Wario's neutral special
Wario Land fans wish he had a different moveset
Captain Syrup is Wario's rival from those games
Syrup is put on pancakes and waffles
These are breakfast foods, like cereal
"Cereal mascot" characters are considered the antithesis to anime swordsmen
Anime swordsmen are highly controversial in the Smash community, like Pokemon reps
Pokemon is one of Nintendo's biggest franchises, like Mario
Mario's many spinoffs include Wario Land
Ashley is another female from the Wario series
She is an assist trophy, like Waluigi
Waluigi is Wario's partner in spinoffs
One of the moves they dislike is the Waft
Farting involves gas
Cars are filled with gas
In Daytona USA, you drive a car called the Hornet
Chomp=Hornet confirmed

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
My dad walks Sakurai's cat, so I have it on good authority that Shiori Fujisaki will be the final Fighter's Pass character.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
My dad walks Sakurai's cat, so I have it on good authority that Shiori Fujisaki will be the final Fighter's Pass character.
I dunno if you're memeing but having someone represent the game that more or less started dating sims would be both a big deal and would make all the right people mad.

You're not looking far enough into this.

Chomp is Wario's neutral special
Syrup is put on pancakes and waffles
These are breakfast foods, like cereal
"Cereal mascot" characters are considered the antithesis to anime swordsmen
Anime swordsmen are highly controversial in the Smash community, like Pokemon reps
Pokemon is one of Nintendo's biggest franchises, like Mario
Mario's many spinoffs include Wario Land
Ashley is another female from the Wario series
She is an assist trophy, like Waluigi
Waluigi is Wario's partner in spinoffs
One of the moves they dislike is the Waft
Farting involves gas
Cars are filled with gas
In Daytona USA, you drive a car called the Hornet
Chomp=Hornet confirmed
Can't believe they got in over the car from Outrun, smdh

Last edited:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
I dunno if you're memeing but having someone represent the game that more or less started dating sims would be both a big deal and would make all the right people mad.
I'm about 50/50 on the subject.

On the one hand, Shiori has absolute meme potential and the odds of getting a Japan-only 3rd Party is slim at best.

On the other hand, Tokimeki is one of the most influential games period, taking over Japan during the late 90s and basically starting waifu culture (if a Time article from 1995 is to be believed). Plus, she'd be extremely unique both aesthetically and in terms of moveset.

Plus, Tokimeki Memorial has a pretty killer soundtrack. That opening is 10/10.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
My Gamefaqs thread got taken down, so I’ll just repost it here.

Assuming that Vergeben and Sabis statements both line up with each other, this is who is likely still remaining for FP5. This is assuming that its still a third party, and that it won’t be a repeating company.

Dovahkin
Harvest Moon Rep
Warcraft/Diablo rep
Contra Guy (Don’t know his name)
Jonesy (Lol not happening)
Naegi

Leaning toward Dovahkin at this point, but what do you all think? (Again, this is taking Sabis tweet and all of the deconfirmations into account)

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master
Would not discount that possibility - not when Epic's been very happy to put Fortnite into every single crossover opportunity they could get for the past 2 years.

We just saw this happen after all (quick edit for spoilers):

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Outside of that, I'm personally seeing Dovachkin as the frontrunner if the list is true, with Story of Seasons and Fortnite not that close behind because they've been friendly to Nintendo recently. Contra, WarCraft / Diablo and Naegi as the dark horses.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Assuming that Vergeben and Sabis statements both line up with each other, this is who is likely still remaining for FP5. This is assuming that its still a third party, and that it won’t be a repeating company.

Dovahkin
Harvest Moon Rep
Warcraft/Diablo rep
Naegi

Leaning toward Dovahkin at this point, but what do you all think? (Again, this is taking Sabis tweet and all of the deconfirmations into account)
The Contra guy is named Bill Lance. And Contra is from Konami. They didn't have a DLC character yet, but would they count as repeating due to Castlevania and Metal Gear having characters already?

Either way, I'm taking a wait and see approach to this. I don't even want the character leaked. I just hope that said character is someone I will end up liking.

Last edited:

yeet123

Banned via Warnings

Dovahkin
Harvest Moon Rep
Warcraft/Diablo rep
Naegi

Fighter #5 is Master Chief.

Play me out, Marty!

D

Deleted member

When it comes to adding a 3rd Konami rep it’s likley to be frogger

frogger gang rise up

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Chomp eh?

Only one lad with big enough Chompers to take a bite outta Chump Chompers like Wario.

Booster from Mario RPG.

Let's go Booster Gang.

Last edited:

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State

Dovahkin
Harvest Moon Rep
Warcraft/Diablo rep
Naegi

Why assume that?

Flyboy

Smash Hero
chomp refers to how you ****ers chomp on bait without actually reading far back enough to realize it was a joke on a thread that automatically takes you to the first unread post. Smashboards is fighter 5

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
chomp refers to how you ****ers chomp on bait without actually reading far back enough to realize it was a joke on a thread that automatically takes you to the first unread post. Smashboards is fighter 5
OK but what tier are we?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

Dovahkin
Harvest Moon Rep
Warcraft/Diablo rep
Naegi

Dovahkiin would also make sense of that old interview where some Bethesda dude said they had talked with Nintendo about Smash. It’s the sort of thing you probably shouldn’t read too much into, especially since it’s so long ago now, but hey, sometimes a bunch of small pieces form the big picture.

I’d be interested in the reaction to Dovahkiin, almost everyone is sick of Skyrim at this point, but it’d be hard to deny just how big of a deal it’d be regardless. It would probably also kill off Doomguy’s chances, so maybe he’d get a bit of a mixed reaction from parts of the Smash fanbase, although I’m sure it’d be a surefire winner among the wider gaming audience.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Why assume that?
I highly doubt that they will suddenly break an established trend for the final FP slot.

Also highly doubt that companies like Microsoft and Square will be getting other characters for this pass. (Deconfirmations like Sora, Master Chief, and Geno certainly don’t help matters)

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Dovahkiin would also make sense of that old interview where some Bethesda dude said they had talked with Nintendo about Smash. It’s the sort of thing you probably shouldn’t read too much into, especially since it’s so long ago now, but hey, sometimes a bunch of small pieces form the big picture.

I’d be interested in the reaction to Dovahkiin, almost everyone is sick of Skyrim at this point, but it’d be hard to deny just how big of a deal it’d be regardless. It would probably also kill off Doomguy’s chances, so maybe he’d get a bit of a mixed reaction from parts of the Smash fanbase, although I’m sure it’d be a surefire winner among the wider gaming audience.
Would Dovahkiin or Doomguy really kill the chances of the other now that more DLC got announced? The only scenario I see that happening is if a Mii costume of one of them appears in the presentation of the other, which really sucks if it happens.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
I highly doubt that they will suddenly break an established trend for the final FP slot.

Also highly doubt that companies like Microsoft and Square will be getting other characters for this pass. (Deconfirmations like Sora, Master Chief, and Geno certainly don’t help matters)
You doubting isn't a good reason for me to assume that. I think there are first parties that will sell at least as well as someone like Terry, so the trend isn't super strong evidence against a first party.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
if youre gonna talk **** then @ me you punk ass

Dont **** on ppl asking about Smash Speculation in a Smash Speculation Messageboard. Thats like dressing as a clown then going to the circus and talking ****.

Ppl like Flyboy make me cringe. Imagine pretending to be some gatekeeper on a Smash bros messageboard. Get a life

StarBot

Smash Lord
NNID
TheStarBot
You doubting isn't a good reason for me to assume that. I think there are first parties that will sell at least as well as someone like Terry, so the trend isn't super strong evidence against a first party.
Remember people assisted that the last two characters was gonna be first party

And now this character must be the first party!

Yeah, I’m doubting aswell, especially your reasoning

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings

Ok. Tell me a first party who isn’t already a spirit that you think will be FP5.

If Rex’s Mii costume and apology is anything to go by, it likely isn’t FE Three Houses, Astral Chain, or any game released after XB2.

Also keep in mind that MIA characters like Porky and Sylux would require their own spirit board. (And there are already Metroid and Earthbound spirits)

Last edited:

KillerCage

Smash Master
How is everyone doing?
I just got back from seeing Rise of Skywalker and NO I will give out spoilers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom