• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmphabulouSnake

Smash Journeyman
I'm super happy....for once it seems we really don't know who the next fighter is and that's kind of interesting
Of course we have bits of "leaks" and "rumors" right now but nothing is really set in stone yet
So I'm REALLY hoping we get FP5 tonight, and I'll go the extra mile by saying we'll even get the first post pass fighter on top of FP5, but don't take my word on it, it's got a fairly slim chance of happening lol
i'm pretty sure I won't be able to sleep tonight anyway, the anticipation is killing me!!!! :D

Gold Lannister

Smash Cadet
I'm super happy....for once it seems we really don't know who the next fighter is and that's kind of interesting
Of course we have bits of "leaks" and "rumors" right now but nothing is really set in stone yet
So I'm REALLY hoping we get FP5 tonight, and I'll go the extra mile by saying we'll even get the first post pass fighter on top of FP5, but don't take my word on it, it's got a fairly slim chance of happening lol
i'm pretty sure I won't be able to sleep tonight anyway, the anticipation is killing me!!!! :D
What about KOS-MOS copyrights on youtube?

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Might as well get my last minute predictions here.

-FP5 is 2B.
-Death Stranding will be the Red Dead of the awards.
-New BoTW2 trailer.
-Bayonetta 3
-Tales of Arise and Elden Ring info
-Memes and Cringe
-Salt. LOTS OF SALT!

Unlikely Prediction:
-Mother Trilogy remake announced.

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master
Hmmm....

Admitelly, I acted more angrily that I would have like, 'cuz it's late here and I'm tired, but still, could have shown my points better.

Hmmmm, what I can do to calm down the mood....

...uhhhh, don't ask me why I made this.
View attachment 252505
I have zero idea.

Shouldn't you be all like:

sixteen counts of arson at the game awards i have committed
pursued by the authorities i am
but have the leaks on fighter 5, i do
10 / 5 Mastahplan.:4pacman:

Last edited:

AmphabulouSnake

Smash Journeyman
What about KOS-MOS copyrights on youtube?
I do believe KOS-MOS is quite likely and right now my predictions basically boils down to :
FP5 : KOS-MOS revealed near the beginning of the show
BoTW2 trailer announced by Reggie and Doug Bowser
First post-pass fighter : Doom Slayer (personnal pick) revealed right after the Smash Ultimate orchestra, I don't know at what point they happen during the show, and I predict that the orchestra will play arrangements of each dlc fighters' main theme

NotLiquid

Smash Lord
Travis Strikes Again being part of Nintendo's TGA sale is pretty eyebrow raising considering it was neither all that critically acclaimed (even though it should be), nor nominated for anything this TGA. It's easily the outlier of the games that are highlighted.

With all that being said I'm not putting much stock in Travis being character 5, if anything the best I'm hoping for is a NMH3 trailer, and I can at least take some solace in Nintendo still being eager to push the series. With enough luck he'll find his audience and his time under the sun. The time has never been better for him, especially with even more additional content under the way.

Jassassino

Smash Apprentice
I really dislike leakers like Sabi saying **** like "Ugh yeah heard about this back in 2006, thought not to share it because it only came from the CEO of Nintendo at the time so I didn't trust the source. ‍♂♂ Cool to see it being confirmed by *different leaker* though !!"

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
TGA is in like the late night for me. Tomorrow will be early at school for me. Can someone send me a link in DM, ofcourse without clarification who the character is? Since this is the first time in a year (since Joker) that we don't have any clue who the character is. I don't wanna be spoiled on the Smash website, social media or Youtube!

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr

This is the greatest thing Ive ever seen in my life
I agree.
Chao Walker for FP5.

but you know that at the end FP5 will be Zavok even if nobody asked for it.

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
you're a KOS-MOS stan. i'd be amazed if a KOS-MOS supporter wanted to doubt it
if you wanna hear it from me, i'm not locking anything that maybe supporting possible KOS-MOS for precaution reasons.
i reaaaaally want KOS-MOS to be reality, but i been telling myself to back off a lot of times in fears of pointless anticipation

Ivander

Smash Legend
we live in the era where a Three House character wouldn't be a hindsighted advertisement choice like Corrin was
"A character from a recently released game wouldn't be an advertisement choice like a character that was from a recently released game was."

A reminder that Fates was already released in Japan on June 25 2015 before Corrin was announced for DLC in December and released in February. And Fire Emblem Three Houses came out in July 26, meaning that if a Three Houses character is announced for DLC, it'll be in the same timespan as between Fates and Corrin's DLC release.

Last edited:

I.D.

Smash Lord
Don't let the thrill of going in blind distract you from the fact of how thoroughly useless verge and sabi have been when it comes to smash ultimate DLC. I guess verge gets some pity points for """Erdrick""" though.

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Bout to catch this event in the middle of the night so I'll be napping rn. May we be thankful we're going into this (potentially) blind. See you guys on the other side.
Me if fighter 5 is Hollow Knight:
HelplessAnimatedHedgehog-size_restricted.gif

Me when he inevitably isn't:
b527e32.gif

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
7 PM isn't a bad time for me. Even having pigs in a blanket instead of my old plan(well, if things work out). Should be interesting.

Is there something like Playstation's State of Play going on beforehand? If not, I got stuff I can watch(Youtube LP's, etc.)

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
7 PM isn't a bad time for me. Even having pigs in a blanket instead of my old plan(well, if things work out). Should be interesting.

Is there something like Playstation's State of Play going on beforehand? If not, I got stuff I can watch(Youtube LP's, etc.)
The state of play happened earlier this week.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Alright, ladies & gentleman, the final countdown is happening, whatever we may got at VGA, I hope it be exciting & fun to talk about.

For me, I'm going to go to bed & see what we get in the morning. I hope the wait won't be too long for you all, and I hope I do better tomorrow, since I felt slipping up here and there due to be being tired.

brief, to summarize:

eggman thing 2.gif
oh no.jpg
eggman thing.gif

May the lord Jesus have mercy on us all.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So those who are watching it, what are going to do until then?

I'm going to doing some creative writing I've been doing heavily recently. Make a few story scenes. A bit of time playing Skate 3 as well.

Last edited:

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
Hello, lovely people today is the day if we get a hopefully new Smash reveal, to end their DLC speculation, the way it started.

I hope that one of our faves make it in tonight, even if it ends up being on the so-called “deconfirmed” characters.

I hope that Kos-mos video being taken down means nothing.
Also, this whole Mod strike on KOS-MOS, I think this is just a very weird coincidence that something like that happened. I’m loving all of the Mario Kart Tour jokes that has come from this, and apparently getting is a regular thing from Nintendo seems to be an ongoing thing from that channel from what Neeko said, so I wouldn’t take it too seriously.

Lighteni

Smash Journeyman
Alright guys, this is it. The last character, only a few hours left. After this, it’ll all be over.

Until they announce the post-pass DLC and we have to deal with this for another year.

Barrubo

Smash Apprentice
Thinking on sleeping early tonight since the Game Awards starts at 1:30 AM for me. Might as well sleep and see what happens in the morning.

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
So those who are watching it, what are going to do until then?

I'm going to doing some story work I've been doing heavily recently. Make a few story scenes. A bit of time playing Skate 3 as well.
I have finals starting tomorrow so I'll be furiously studying with breaks in between to check things here. Hopefully my brain won't be too fried by the time the awards start I can actually be aware of what's going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom