• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
Dunno if this was posted here but here's a fun little challenge
1. Elenor Camuel (Phantasy Star Online)
2. Monokuma (Danganronpa) [I repay my debts]
3. No good options here, but the closest viable answer would probably be Michael de Santa, Trevor Philips, or Franklin Clinton (Grand Theft Auto V)
4. Shantotto (Final Fantasy XI)
5. Horned Guy (Space Fever II [Game Boy Camera])
Actually... I don't like unnamed characters getting in, so let's call him Roberto.
Dude's like 55 years old. I ain't into that.
They replace his actor almost every week, so you wait long enough, you get Ryan Reynolds or Lady Gaga or whatever.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
That depends. Who does the universe want in smash?
Probably some 4th Dimension Octopus/Badger looking thing that shoots lasers out of a walking space pod that it carries. Created by some backwards Type II civilization from near the centre of the Andromeda galaxy.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Probably some 4th Dimension Octopus/Badger looking thing that shoots lasers out of a walking space pod that it carries. Created by some backwards Type II civilization from near the centre of the Andromeda galaxy.
If thats the case. I don't think the Universe is going to be grateful tomorrow.

Because that sounds nothing like Phoenix Wright who is going to be announced to be coming to Smash as fighter pass #5 at the 2019 VGAs.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Guys, the 5th DLC Fighter will be this:
Loco.jpg

LOCOMON Derails the fight!
It's Final Smash would be evolving into Granlocomon.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
imagine if after all this, fighter 5 is just hayabusa like we thought two months back

KatKit

Smash Lord
ALRIGHT FELLAS, YOU KNOW THE DRILL
"We have suffered more than you can know. But I do not see hamburgers as an accomplice. A single dish providing a balance of nature's blessing: meat, grain, and vegetable. How could anyone hate such a magnificent thing?!"

That is an honest to goodness Metal Gear quote, and it is immediately what came to mind when I saw that picture lol.

Holy s***! Nobody told me that Kojima was ten minutes from my house today.
Ya threatened to report me for doxxing because I accidentally referred to you by name on here, but then post something like this? -_-

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
Idgaf about any of yall hype haters.

I'm going in to tomorrow with the hope that Nintendo/Sakurai want fighter #5, who was originally going to be the last character, to destroy the internet upon its announcement at the VGAs.

"SaKuRai DOesNt CAre"
"THe LaSt FiGhTeR Has NEvER Been HYpe"

We'll see, squids.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Honestly we don't really know if the last fighter of the pass was supposed to be the last of the game. Maybe they planned making more dlc very early.

And even if it was the case... Incineroar was the last character of the base game (so in some way he was meant to be the last fighter of the game). Not hating on Incineroar, but he really didn't broke the internet (except the fact that he killed the Grinch leak).

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
And even if it was the case... Incineroar was the last character of the base game (so in some way he was meant to be the last fighter of the game). Not hating on Incineroar, but he really didn't broke the internet (except the fact that he killed the Grinch leak).
I say this every time someone brings this up.

The ONLY time Nintendo has done a Smash DLC lineup, they ended with the Megaton Bomb that was Bayonetta (if you don't think she was an objectively hype pick you're fooling yourself due to the fact that she got the most votes in the Smash Ballot on a global scale).

I BELIEVE that Nintendo/Sakurai will finish Pass #1 with a giant bang.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I mean hype and cool reveals are always exciting and make people talk a lot about it... but that doesn't make the pick better by default than other possible picks.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I say this every time someone brings this up.

The ONLY time Nintendo has done a Smash DLC lineup, they ended with the Megaton Bomb that was Bayonetta (if you don't think she was an objectively hype pick you're fooling yourself due to the fact that she got the most votes in the Smash Ballot on a global scale).

I BELIEVE that Nintendo/Sakurai will finish Pass #1 with a giant bang.
That's fair, but to be honest I don't want to sound pessimist but I don't want to get my hopes to high for a huge bomb. I'm going to be happy if I'm wrong, but right now I just want to keep my expectations that we might just get a regular fighter.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
I mean hype and cool reveals are always exciting and make people talk a lot about it... but that doesn't make the pick better by default than other possible picks.
Youre 100p correct. I'm not hatin on someone more niche like KOS-MOS or Reimu.

But revealing someone like Master Chief, Sora, Lara Croft, Kratos, or Crash at the VGAs would make WAY more waves than a character like those two ^^ you'd have to acknowledge that

Kokiden

Smash Ace
The Game Awards is taking place on Friday morning for me, so just wanted to ask, is this the thread to be in and converse with others as the show is happening live?

Or will there be a separate thread for that?

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Speaking of Darkstalkers, seeing Gill's Pyron costume has shown that making a new game shouldn't be too complicated. It's only Demitri who causes that trouble.
While i love seeing the different darkstalkers on 3D and a new Darkstalkers game like SFV would be pretty cool... Darkstalkers 2D snimations were hella wild, i really hope that Lab zero and capcom make a deal so the creators of skullgirls can create some wicked 2d unhindered animations.

on th eother hand... I REALLY want to see what would sakurai's team do to portray morrigan in all the darkstalkers splendour.

SNEKeater

Smash Master

But revealing someone like Master Chief, Sora, Lara Croft, Kratos, or Crash at the VGAs would make WAY more waves than a character like those two ^^ you'd have to acknowledge that
Yeah, I agree with that, and I'd prefer KOS-MOS before Lara Croft, for example.
That said Joker had really crazy reactions as well. Of course, his reveal being a completely surprise helped and a Smash announcement happening at last year's TGA wasn't so safe as seems now.

I think that we can get crazy and hype reactions with less known characters if Nintendo plays his cards wisely and of course, without leaks xD

Last edited:

Cyberfire

Smash Journeyman
Will the whole show for The Game Awards be reuploaded somewhere? I've got to catch a flight when it airs so won't be able to watch it live.

Lighteni

Smash Journeyman
Will the whole show for The Game Awards be reuploaded somewhere? I've got to catch a flight when it airs so won't be able to watch it live.
The twitch stream is archived and it’s uploaded onto YouTube afterwards, so don’t worry.

cothero

Smash Lord
Jon's going all in on the trolling because he knows how desperately people want to think he's a leaker.

Jon is bull****ing. We all know Elsa will be part of Sub-Zero's final smash, and not a playable character.

Night Gale

Smash Ace
The Game Awards is taking place on Friday morning for me, so just wanted to ask, is this the thread to be in and converse with others as the show is happening live?

Or will there be a separate thread for that?
There will be four spots for this.

1. The Social Thread.

2. There will be a topic dedicated to the VGAs if there already isn't.

3. People will talk about it in this thread offhandedly the entire time, and this is where you should be if s*** goes down and we get a Super Smash reveal.

4. Profile Posts.

That depends where you're swimming, bruh. Good or bad, waves will be had.

D

Deleted member

There will be four spots for this.

1. The Social Thread.

2. There will be a topic dedicated to the VGAs if there already isn't.

3. People will talk about it in this thread offhandedly the entire time, and this is where you should be if s*** goes down and we get a Super Smash reveal.

4. Profile Posts.
Damn, really everyone is watching. Kudos to us if we get a reveal.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I'm gonna be at work during. Hopefully outside pushing carts. So I'll be watching, but I won't get the join the fun with all of you. So, have fun!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
By the way, CTR finally added Rilla Roo and Yaya Panda meaning that every single playable Crash Bandicoot character is in the game.

In other words, everyone is (t)here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom