• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKX31

Smash Master
I heard a rumor that contrary to Vergeben's statements, your mum is actually gonna make it in, after all.
So, um, does that mean that-

Sleeping Beauty's mom is getting in as FP5? Aaaw, that's really sweet, lets congratulate her!

:4pacman:

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I guess the calm before the storm translates to poop-post o' clock.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I feel like they wouldn't have kept saying "Hey remember Joker last year? Remember that surprise Joker reveal for smash? Aren't Smash Reveals great? on the VGA Twitter if there wasn't a smash reveal. They seemed to make it a priority to keep bringing it up.

If there is no smash reveal I feel like were hyping up another reveal for no reason lol

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Dunno if this was posted here but here's a fun little challenge
My picks are
1: Miriam Bloodstained
2: Arle Nadja
3: Master Chief
4: Terra Branford
5: snom
Master Chief
Reimu
Miriam
Edelgard
Dynamax Raid Solrock Ally

D

Deleted member

My picks are
1. The Knight (Hollow Knight)
2. Sora
3. Shovel Knight
4. Noctis
5. Segata Sanshiro

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

SNEKeater

Smash Master
if it's called jump fiesta i assume it's manga related since that coins with shonen/ultra/whatever jump
See Kingdom Hearts isn't a videogame franchise. Therefore Sora can't be in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate for the Nintendo Switch.

Jibblypuff_

Supposed to be studying
Switch FC
SW 2726 7422 0030

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
See Kingdom Hearts isn't a videogame franchise. Therefore Sora can't be in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate for the Nintendo Switch.
makes me wonder what disney does for manga

Jump Festa is Jump's manga & anime convention. A ton of Japanese game devs like to showcase their games there as well.
calling it now E3 2020 is gonna have an anime showcase

Last edited:

Gamma Ray

Smash Apprentice
1. Rex + Mythra/Pyra
2. Geno
3. KOS-MOS
4. Elma
5. Gordon Ramsay (every time he picks up a food item his obvious line wil be "finally some good ****ing food")

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
1. Dixie Kong
2. Professor Layton
3. Sora
4. Dr. Eggman
5. The minigame kangaroo mascot Nintendo had in the 80s

Polan

Smash Lord
if there was no smash reveal, geoff would have probably told us by now. he explicitly shot down other games being there and he's clearly aware of rumors so yeah. pretty confident we're getting smash stuff tomorrow.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I really have no idea what to expect, but I think if there’s a Nintendo newcomer (Which I don’t expect, but won’t rule out) it just might be Fire Emblem.

If they do a DLC trailer, and tie it into a Smash reveal for Edelgard or Byleth? I could totally see that happening.

That said, hoping leakers are wrong and that it’s Dante, 2B, Phoenix Wright...there’s a good handful I would love to see get revealed.

Kold Pizza

Smash Apprentice
The game awards are tomorrow and anything can happen at this point. A Namco character is very likely given that we haven’t had a Mii costume for them come out yet in Ultimate.

After this fighters pass wraps up, I’m interested what will happen next, if perhaps Sakurai will be in a Smash direct soon after the game awards event where he reveals another fighters pass, possibly even another limited time offer like what we got with Piranha Plant.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
if there was no smash reveal, geoff would have probably told us by now. he explicitly shot down other games being there and he's clearly aware of rumors so yeah. pretty confident we're getting smash stuff tomorrow.
Even Nintendo is not shy to say there won't be any smash announcements. They made that clear before Terry;s video last time.

Zorfendor

Smash Cadet
My picks are
1. Lloyd
2. Phoenix Wright
2. Monster Hunter
4. Dixie Kong or a Resident Evil character (Jill would be my choice).
5. An Ocktorok

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
I really have no idea what to expect, but I think if there’s a Nintendo newcomer (Which I don’t expect, but won’t rule out) it just might be Fire Emblem.

If they do a DLC trailer, and tie it into a Smash reveal for Edelgard or Byleth? I could totally see that happening.

That said, hoping leakers are wrong and that it’s Dante, 2B, Phoenix Wright...there’s a good handful I would love to see get revealed.
I'm also considering this. Being tied to a critically acclaimed modern game makes the Game Awards a natural place to reveal a Three Houses Character. In the same way that Joker was shown was framed as "Joker from Persona 5 is joining Super Smash Bros. Ultimate!" at the last year's game awards, a Fire Emblem character could easily be shown as "Byleth/Edelgard/Lorenz from Fire Emblem: Three Houses is joining Super Smash Bros. Ultimate!" at this year's game awards.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

Anything could happen, but since this is the last fighter, I kind of doubt it'll be FE. I say that not so much because of the controversy it would bring, but more so because this pass had all of the characters planned out before work even began, and I really don't see the point in saving Byleth or Edelgard for last when they could've easily had Sakurai start on either of them early on and release the character closer to the release date.

If we do get a Nintendo character, I'm leaning more toward someone who's been around for a while.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I doubt FP5 is first party.
But it would be fun that the last character of the pass ends to be a Fire Emblem character after 1 month of heated speculation around a hypothetical TGA reveal. It would be really ironic.

Last edited:

Lighteni

Smash Journeyman
Jokes aside, my gut feeling is leaning towards Travis. Nothing in particular going for him, I just think he makes sense. I could easily see No More Heroes 3 itself showing up at TGA too, it’s been 6 months since we’ve had any info about it and it fits the show. Maybe Suda51 could walk on stage afterwards and attempt to murder Geoff with a beam katana.

Last edited:

JustMyself13

Smash Journeyman
Jokes aside, my gut feeling is leaning towards Travis. Nothing in particular going for him, I just think he makes sense. I could easily see No More Heroes 3 itself showing at TGA too, it’s been 6 months since we’ve had any info about it and it fits the show. Maybe Suda51 could walk on stage afterwards and attempt to murder Geoff with a beam katana.
If this means we finally get 1 and 2 on switch as well, I'm down.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Jokes aside, my gut feeling is leaning towards Travis. Nothing in particular going for him, I just think he makes sense. I could easily see No More Heroes 3 itself showing up at TGA too, it’s been 6 months since we’ve had any info about it and it fits the show. Maybe Suda51 could walk on stage afterwards and attempt to murder Geoff with a beam katana.
Maybe have it so Goku Kojima shows up in the nick of time to save his friend, too.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
My picks are
  1. Kyo
  2. Reimu
  3. 2B
  4. Andy (Advance Wars)
  5. That one old man in Wind Waker who stands under the tree on Windfall and chases Link to ask him about his missing daughter if you get near him.

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
My picks are
1. Steve
2. Geno
3. Jill Valentine
4. Marx
5. Savvy Stylist

Banado_Boy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Banado_Boy
Switch FC
SW-3619-0087-7500
Imagine if Geno, KOS-MOS, and Travis all get revealed at the Game Awards. Jon from GameXplain would never hear the end of it from people who think he's a leaker.
My picks are
1: KOS-MOS
2: Phoenix Wright
3: Sora
4: Elma
5: Wii Balance Board