• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
I'm positive Jon's trolling at the moment.

Right now I'm also kind of doubting KOS-MOS, but that's more a gut feeling than anything. So with that said, I'm back to my own prediction from a week ago, no VGA reveal.
I'm prepared for the fallout, I got my shelter ready.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
It would seem a bit odd to try and read any leaks into the GameExplain guy's statements only a few days after he explicitly blasted leakers for ruining peoples' hard work, wouldn't it?

D

Deleted member

Right now I'm also kind of doubting KOS-MOS, but that's more a gut feeling than anything. So with that said, I'm back to my own prediction from a week ago, no VGA reveal.
*readies apocalypse bunker*

Dear God, please help us now...

D

Deleted member

I’ll be at vault 76 if it happens

I know it sucks but they wouldn’t let me choose Which one I get to say in

JustMyself13

Smash Journeyman
I’m glad I’m not the only one who shares a similar opinion on KOS-MOS. While I mostly care about a character’s moveset at the end of the day, personality is a large part in making characters stand out on such a large roster and is what makes certain characters memorable. For example, despite Captain Falcon being a fairly generic brawler-type character, his taunts and voice lines are iconic to both defining him as a character and defining his place in the Smash scene. KOS-MOS is a character intentionally devoid of personality, and I personally feel that such a character would feel kind of soulless in comparison to who we’ve gotten in the pass so far. A stealthy, classy, and sort of arrogant thief, a valiant and brave hero always ready to tackle anything head on, a bear and bird combo keen on working together and seeing the bright side of every situation, an American brawler defined by near broken English and a tendency to scream out every move he’s doing, to...an emotionally void robot girl with no defining characteristics other than the weapons she wields. I’m sure Sakurai could make her memorable in some way, but to me even her design comes across as a tad generic. For the record, I have never played 3/4 of the games series we’ve gotten characters from so far.

Last edited:

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
A game for everyone here.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

I got 2B on my first try lol. This must be fate.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
The lack of anything from VR Plant right now is making me skeptic of FP5 being revealed on Thursday. If he doesn't say anything tomorrow then that isn't a good sign. Sure you could say that it's Game Awards keeping it safe. But Joker wasn't leaked due to the fact he started development the day he was revealed. While FP5 is expected to release within the next two months.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
The lack of anything from VR Plant right now is making me skeptic of FP5 being revealed on Thursday. If he doesn't say anything tomorrow then that isn't a good sign. Sure you could say that it's Game Awards keeping it safe. But Joker wasn't leaked due to the fact he started development the day he was revealed. While FP5 is expected to release within the next two months.
Hasn't VRPlant been dead for awhile

D

Deleted member

The lack of anything from VR Plant right now is making me skeptic of FP5 being revealed on Thursday. If he doesn't say anything tomorrow then that isn't a good sign. Sure you could say that it's Game Awards keeping it safe. But Joker wasn't leaked due to the fact he started development the day he was revealed. While FP5 is expected to release with the next two months.
It's Wednesday in my place. So that means...

One more day before the storm
At the barricades of freedom
When our ranks begin to form
Will you take your place with me?

BlackInk

Smash Lord
I’m glad I’m not the only one who shares a similar opinion on KOS-MOS. While I mostly care about a character’s moveset at the end of the day, personality is a large part in making characters stand out on such a large roster and is what makes certain characters memorable. For example, despite Captain Falcon being a fairly generic brawler-type character, his taunts and voice lines are iconic to both defining him as a character and defining his place in the Smash scene. KOS-MOS is a character intentionally devoid of personality, and I personally feel that such a character would feel kind of soulless in comparison to who we’ve gotten in the pass so far. A stealthy, classy, and sort of arrogant thief, a valiant and brave hero always ready to tackle anything head on, a bear and bird combo keen on working together and seeing the bright side of every situation, an American brawler defined by near broken English and a tendency to scream out every move he’s doing, to...an emotionally void robot girl with no defining characteristics other than the weapons she wields. I’m sure Sakurai could make her memorable in some way, but to me even her design comes across as a tad generic. For the record, I have never played 3/4 of the games series we’ve gotten characters from so far.
Ironically, you made Kosmos stand out from the rest of the cast.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
To be fair, VRPlant has been pretty MIA for the past few info drops.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend

Is he really? I feel like even that's reading too much into it.

Someone tell him to randomly tweet that he likes nintendogs so that people will think they're adding a bunch of puppies to Smash.

One more day before the storm
At the barricades of freedom
When our ranks begin to form
Will you take your place with me?
One more day to revolution
We will nip it in the bud
...Something about schoolboys
They will wash their hands with blood!

Shroob

Sup?
I'm still hopeful they'll reveal FP5 at TGAs, but I definitely am keeping my expectations in check.

I don't believe they're going to pull a "Here's this new character, they're out....NOW!" in Jan/Feb, and we have a new wave of Amiibo launching sometime in January, and so far, every month that we've gotten new Amiibos, we've gotten a character.

The clock is definitely ticking, but when and where is the question.

♕Pretty Roger♕

God Roger
NNID
RogelioWii
3DS FC
0602-6365-8680
Switch FC
SW-2762-7992-4597
Has VR Plant leaked ANYTHING Smash aside from demonstration videos?

Last edited:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Y'know, another LoZ rep that isn't just the mere Triforce?
Personally if we get another Zelda rep I want Fi from Skyward Sword the way they developed a movement/fighting style for her in Hyrule Warriors based on skating and transforming into a sword was pretty cool.

Nice, I got Rex and Pyra on my first try I'm definitely glad.

Last edited:

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
Impa. Tingle. Someone recurring.
IIRC, that Skull Kid is technically as recurring as any instance of either of those. >_>

But if we must look elsewhere, then Vaati.

If Tingle ever does get in, unless they use the MM design, I want him to represent his own series.

Ovaltine

Smash Master

I'm gonna do this for FP5 and for a hypothetical four character season for 2020. Here we go!

S1 FP5: Phoenix Wright
S2 FP1: KOS-MOS
S2 FP2: Geno
S2 FP3: Shantae
S2 FP4: Lloyd

Love Geno and Phoenix, like KOS-MOS and Lloyd, neutral on Shantae. I'd be okay with this.

JustMyself13

Smash Journeyman

Sora...while I have no attachment to Kingdom Hearts, that render is really clean and looks like it belongs in Ultimate already.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
IIRC, that Skull Kid is technically as recurring as any instance of either of those. >_>

But if we must look elsewhere, then Vaati.

If Tingle ever does get in, unless they use the MM design, I want him to represent his own series.
Guys

Guys

What if Tingle gets in on the technicality that his series is a new series

D

Deleted member

I got the Aegis on my first try. If I hadn't played Xeno2 I would be salty but to quote the legendary Reinhardt himself:

"This must be fate"

Shroob

Sup?
The irony is she stands out from the rest of the cast by your own train of logic.

A lack of emotions is still a personality, and something Smash doesn't really have, even ROB is expressive. The closest we have is Mega Man.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152

Got Sora on my first try. Eh, would've preferred just about anyone else on the gif.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom