• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
All things considered, MCC on Switch and possibly Chief in Smash would still make sense to me from an advertising perspective as Microsoft/343 seem to be trying all they can to create a Halo resurgence. I've heard some fans call it a potential "Second Golden-Age of Halo"
It is. Two reasons, I think:

1) Every traditional FPS shooter under the sun has blurred together into a same-y mess in order to follow CoD's lead. While you can deviate from that with things like Battle Royale or funky shooters like Rage or Borderlands, the core experience of getting online and playing a shooter with your buddies that has become a gaming staple since the early 2000s is now bland and boring. Everything's like CoD, and CoD is like everything else.

Halo Reach's boom since release proves something: that older shooting mechanics were never bad, and that people still want to play them. There's room for more than one style of FPS multiplayer, and if 343 can recognize that and turn Halo Infinite into an alternative to other modern shooters rather than a me-too, this'll absolutely be a new golden age.

2) Phil Spencer's media blitz in an effort to make Xbox cool again is showing its effects. People who used to own X360s care about the brand again. And since they're now releasing software on PC again (specifically Steam now), those used-to-be-fans can get back into the games they like without investing in an Xbox all over again.

Nostalgia's a good motivator, but you have to give customers as low of a hurdle as possible in order to take advantage of this. Xbox understands that now and they're taking advantage.

D

Deleted member

What’s up your guys, LaxChriiiis here with a new Super Smash Bros Ultimate leak video!

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Haven't us Phoenix Wright fans suffered enough this week??? I don't think our hearts could take Resident Evil being in the running again. Lmao
Hey. Hey. I had to suffer through Resident Evil 6.

We all have our ups and downs.

I.D.

Smash Lord
When shinobi leaked banjo he also made it in a playful manner yet still was very clear about it being smash related rather than it being something else (like banjo games coming to the switch or something). I don't know about zell so his M.O. might be completely different for all I know.

If it's really about the halo collection coming to the switch then it might not mean anything for smash, after all, third party characters in smash have rarely implied their games coming to nintendo consoles and vice versa (although it has happened, like in Bayonetta and Hero's cases)

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
At least you guys got a new remake announced today.... We are still wondering where Ace Attorney 7 is after dealing with the 20th release of the trilogy.
Oh no doubt. It's a good time to be a RE stan.

But we've had our downs too. I'mma ride this high until it gets bad again.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
-Halo: Infinite looking as good as it does with it's E3 trailer
-Halo: Infinite releasing as an Xbox Scarlett launch title and a GamePass title
Give me Breath of the Wild Halo.

Imagine playing Halo CE, and when you first step foot on the Halo, theres no "go here".

Imagine that its your job to traverse the ENTIRE Halo as you see fit and by any means necessary.

THATD be Halo Infinite

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
2019 has been the best year Halo has had since maybe 2007 and if Chief being in Smash is true, it's the best year it's had period:

-The Master Chief Collection's massive updates and bug fixes
-Halo: Reach being announced for the Collection
-Halo: Reach launching remarkably well
-Halo: Infinite looking as good as it does with it's E3 trailer
-Halo: Infinite releasing as an Xbox Scarlett launch title and a GamePass title

and now potentially either Chief in Smash or the MCC on the Switch. It's been a fantastic year for Halo and it's fans and if these things, especially the Chief in Smash portion, is true, then it's about to be somehow even better.
If Chief gets in the 12 year old in me he's gonna scream but not gonna jump the gun on that one but if the Collection comes to switch or if anything halo comes this is me
I'll Take TEN please

Luigi580

Smash Apprentice
What’s up your guys, LaxChriiiis here with a new Super Smash Bros Ultimate leak video!

It's a random post on 4chan, but I believe everything about it! No evidence needed! What do YOU think of this leak????

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
At least you got a 3DS title.

(Post made by the Pokémon Ranger association)
At least your game's source code exists, therefore leaving open the possibility of future rereleases and remasters.

(Post made by the Panzer Dragoon Saga society)

Mango The Magician

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mango_Magician
I'd honestly rather have MCC than Master Chief as FP5. I mean that reveal would be big but that doesnt mean I'd be hyped for the character and considering the rest of the DLC hasnt really impressed me...that would kinda be a let down for the end of the DLC. Like I know I'm in the minority here but I'm still holding out hope for Crash or Shantae or maybe some actual first party characters for once.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
There's always this "bandwagon character" that a whole bunch of users support here. Yesterday it was KOS-MOS. Today it's Master Chief.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
I like Chief, but I struggle with the idea of him appearing as fighter #5 since he’s a western character.

D

Deleted member

There's always this "bandwagon character" that a whole bunch of users support here. Yesterday it was KOS-MOS. Today it's Master Chief.
Tomorrow it will be Michael Jordan from Space Jam 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom