• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

But I don't think Sakurei is the kind of guy who would say something that might hurt his fans. I think there is a meaning in those words.
Why would there be an alternate meaning in those words? He’s saying that #5 is finished, and that’s it.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
This Geoff Keighley guy, can we trust him? Do you think he really has connections within the industry?

I'm skeptical.

I think I'll stick with Verg, thanks.

D

Deleted member

Oh, so that's why they had to go with The Game Guy. Makes sense.
unfortunately game guy has also been cancelled but in a more metaphoric sense
he simply would not stop reciting crime statistics on twitter without considering socioeconomic factors in his quest to be the Ultimate Gamer

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Is Geoff playing 5D checkers with us right now?

What if he orchestrated this entire mess to destroy leakers?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Hi, little friends. I'll retreat myseft about that statement on KOS-MOS. Although i didn't intended to offend anyone, i can see now that my comment got a bit harsh on some people. I have only one problem with KOS-MOS: for me, her design too animesque and generic. You see, even Joker brings something original in the midst of all these anime looking characters, which is obvious - Smash is a japanese game. I'm aware a lot of people like her and want her in the game, and there's obviously nothing wrong about that. But honestly, i didn't expected to stirred up such a hive. :laugh:
Joker bring something original but KOS-MOS doesn't?
frieza 4.png

While it's too late for me to continue this much further, that is a...weird opinion to say the least.

But hey, not my problems, gotta to bed, so, see ya all next time folks.

Droodle

Smash Lord
Real talk: Geoff says that insiders and 4Chan are spewing bull****. Not surprised at all.
Sadly, nothing that we can confirm until game awards are over.

No way Geoff states that "yeah, my reveals got leaked on 4chan". But at the same time, he could be telling the truth.

Lighteni

Smash Journeyman
Sadly, nothing that we can confirm until game awards are over.

No way Geoff states that "yeah, my reveals got leaked on 4chan". But at the same time, he could be telling the truth.
Oh great, first we have to figure out what Vergeben’s sources are trying to say, now we have to figure out what Doritos Pope is trying to say too.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Wait...were people actually thinking Waluigi stood a chance???
I wanted him both for the memes and also semi-unironically. I didn't think he stood that great of a chance so I'm not upset over it but a part of me thought just maybe a miracle could happen

Last edited by a moderator:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Can I get some, uhh, new franchises?

You can't tell from our current DLC line-up, but some video game series started after 1999.
Please, everyone knows Persona started in 2006 with Persona 3

Kappa

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Quick question: Any idea what time to expect Nintendo content to be shown at the TGA?

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
"I don't think Waluigi will be showing up."

So what he means is that Waluigi will be revealed via verbal announcement instead of a trailer. /s

D

Deleted member

Quick question: Any idea what time to expect Nintendo content to be shown at the TGA?
I don’t know.

I’m personally watching the whole thing in case they show cool stuff such as the X-Men DLC in UA3, gameplay for LEGO Star Wars The Skywalker Saga, stuff about KH3 Re:Mind or Metroid news.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
The fact that Geoff say "no Waluigi" might be a confirmation that he knows about fighter 5. Of course it was very likely that fighter 5 would be at game awards, but now it's even more likely,

D

Deleted member

Joker showed up at the tale end because Smash was broadcasted throughout like, "3 hours before Ultimate releases," "2 hours until Ultimate releases." Bring popcorn and something to distract yourself with.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
In all seriousness, assist trophy promotions are something I always saw to be possible in post pass and not the fighters pass.

As for who I hope gets revealed as FP5, bring me Kratos.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The fact that Geoff say "no Waluigi" might be a confirmation that he knows about fighter 5. Of course it was very likely that fighter 5 would be at game awards, but now it's even more likely,
No he just begged Kojima to add him to the group chat with Sakurai in it.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
This Geoff Keighley guy, can we trust him? Do you think he really has connections within the industry?

I'm skeptical.

I think I'll stick with Verg, thanks.
You guys can trust me, last year I knew Joker before everyone else.

Once a year I am cursed with the power of knowledge of everything the industry holds. The temptation to destroy is very strong.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
If Smash turns up then he definitely knows.
He was the only person outside of a select few at Nintendo who knew about Joker.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I feel like Geoff's comment definitely dealt a bit of a blow towards KOS-MOS' chances, assuming that he's not just bull****ting to save face, that is.

Really not sure how to take this right now.

Lighteni

Smash Journeyman
Nah, Geoff just utterly despises Waluigi to the point that he can guarantee Waluigi will be excluded, and any presence of him will not be tolerated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom