• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gold Lannister

Smash Cadet
Don't you think it's strange that Travis, one of the characters who has a history with Nintendo, is not even Spirit, even though its creator is a friend of Sakurai?

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace
I don't fully believe any leak to be fact. But, with this, drunk cat 2, and the newer TGA leak I am leaning towards KOS-MOS being the most likely character right now. Not that it's saying much, most likely could be as low as a 10% chance.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Yeah I have also been wondering for a while now whether or not KOS-MOS is strictly a Bandai Namco or is in a similar situation like Bayonetta. How did the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 copyright work?

In hindsight I'm kind of surprised Geralt needs to be de-confirmed. Technically he's a 4th Party character.

But yeah, if true, the Capcom characters & Sora are big hits.

Last edited:

Plank08

Smash Lord
I don't know how much this well help you.

But Ikea sells these $60 glass cabinets that I keep all my amiibos in. It looks super nice. I really should get around to making it look nice though.

View attachment 251405
Thanks, I will consider it if I ever start collecting amiibos

also how the hell has a Sony character not been shot down yet, Sackboy bring us home

Tony Scott

Smash Rookie
I feel like the “not sure” on Kosmos is more to cover his credibility in case the gameawards leak is right tbh. At this point just wait till the reveal.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Honestly, it's not that I'm doubting Verge or think it's guaranteed he's full of it, it's just I'm really tired of the guessing game and back and forth.

I'm just done listening because honestly? Speculation with this guessing game ain't fun. It's boring, and gotten pretty darn annoying. I'd rather just wait it out and see what TGA has to offer at this point.

Hexodus

Smash Cadet
I wouldn’t be surprised if Monokuma is a Sans style costume with a music track tbh
Pretty sure the Sans costume thing was a special case because the creator is also the composer. Unless there's another circumstance like that, IDK if it'll happen again.

Anyways, Verge stuff, huh? Interesting his source (source's source?) is unsure about KOS-MOS. Don't have any real strong opinions on that, especially when characters who seem likely at first keep dying left and right. At least TGA is coming soon, hopefully that'll be the moment of truth.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
This **** is giving me a headache so I'm gonna call it a night.

Pretty sure that I'll wake up to see KOS-MOS added to the kill list, but eh.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
We doin' most wanted characters again!? See, this is why everyone needs a spiffy signature with all of their most wanted. We ask this every other day.

Anyway, here's something a little more unorthodox. Fill in the next 5 DLC characters using the following criteria:

Fighter #1: Who da heck is that?
Fighter #2: Character you despise.
Fighter #3: Character you've been begging for.
Fighter #4: Character from a new game
Fighter #5: They actually got in?!?!
1. They'll have to be actually revealed first to get a reaction like that out of me lmao
2. N/A
3. Kyo Kusanagi
4. Akira Howard
5. Kyo Kusanagi (lmao)

Last edited:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Given everything that's going on, I'm pretty certain it's KOS-MOS. That "Not sure" is far too big of an oddity at this point.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Given everything that's going on, I'm pretty certain it's KOS-MOS. That "Not sure" is far too big of an oddity at this point.
Us Phoenix supporters thought all the "not sure" surrounding Capcom was a good sign, too.

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
More kills from Verge

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/78235954?page=43#435

Interestingly, he say's "Not sure" about KOS-MOS
I'm just assuming it's going to be KOS-MOS at this point. She's a big snooze character for me so it's just better to get disappointed now than later down the line. If she does get in though, I hope that post that said Hayabusa was coming along with her is legit though.
Don't you think it's strange that Travis, one of the characters who has a history with Nintendo, is not even Spirit, even though its creator is a friend of Sakurai?
Sakurai is friends with nearly every major Japanese developer there is. It should be obvious that not every single character from every single developer he's friends with is going to be in the game in some form.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Us Phoenix supporters thought all the "not sure" surrounding Capcom was a good sign, too.
Difference being, Namco's already ruled out by the same person who said "Not sure" on KOS-MOS with no miscommunication attached.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
So I know KOS-MOS is looking more likely now, but I'm curious what do people think of Saber's chances now that more disconfirmations have been made?

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
We doin' most wanted characters again!? See, this is why everyone needs a spiffy signature with all of their most wanted. We ask this every other day.

Anyway, here's something a little more unorthodox. Fill in the next 5 DLC characters using the following criteria:

Fighter #1: Who da heck is that?
Fighter #2: Character you despise.
Fighter #3: Character you've been begging for.
Fighter #4: Character from a new game
Fighter #5: They actually got in?!?!
1. Uhhhhh.... kind of hard to do, but I'll say Estelle from... I don't know I've seen one person on ResetERA mention them a lot.
2. Jonesy? I just don't really enjoy the idea of Fortnite in Smash.
3. Geno or Master Chief
4. 2B
5. Travis Touchdown kind of, I think he's somewhat likely, but will be absolutely surprised to see him in haha.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I'm gonna be happy for Kos-Mos fans though. Her fans have been wanting her for awhile. I would be more interested in the reason why Sakurai choice her over another Namco rep because they arguably have more popular characters at their disposal that could represent much bigger games.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
D

Deleted member

So I know KOS-MOS is looking more likely now, but I'm curious what do people think of Saber's chances now more disconfirmations have been made?
Back to like...I don't know levels. Should that old, bigger kill list be in effect, she would have been a front runner, but now, it's back to square one.

AntagonisticGalaxyCetacea

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai is friends with nearly every major Japanese developer there is. It should be obvious that not every single character from every single developer he's friends with is going to be in the game in some form.
And this is why Travis has yet to be added in Smash, however that doesnt mean Sakurai cant change his mind about it. Suda bugs him about it all the time lol and he's even been given a special thanks in the credits of Brawl. They're fairly close.

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace
Based on Vergeben's second post, it's probably just going to be a thing where the source didn't specifically ask about KOS-MOS yet and will respond later with a disconfirmation.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I'm gonna be happy for Kos-Mos fans though. Her fans have been wanting her for awhile. I would be more interested in the reason why Sakurai choice her over another Namco rep.
I doubt it would be her over another Bandai Namco rep much if at all. I'd say if anything, it probably be in part due to Monolith Soft encouraging another crossover moment to happen with Smash. She wouldn't really be chosen as much to represent Bandai Namco, as just more of Monolith Soft and their legacy with a semi-popular character. Bandai-Namco just so happens to own her license basically haha.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
He should've just made Nick a spirit from the very start so us AA fans wouldn't be suffering like this tbh.
Wright fans are at least in a position where they could have hope for him. I don't think Spirits deconfirm but I do think its a mark against their chances since they are already represented in the game in some form.

D

Deleted member

Based on Vergeben's second post, it's probably just going to be a thing where the source didn't specifically ask about KOS-MOS yet and will respond later with a disconfirmation.
We still have like, three days left (in my place) so...good luck to his source getting answers.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I doubt it would be her over another Bandai Namco rep much if at all. I'd say if anything, it probably be in part due to Monolith Soft encouraging another crossover moment to happen with Smash. She wouldn't really be chosen as much to represent Bandai Namco, as just more of Monolith Soft and their legacy with a semi-popular character. Bandai-Namco just so happens to own her license basically haha.
So basically a Sega/Atlus/Joker situation. I getcha.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Well I'm still hoping for Amaterasu, but for now my prediction for FP5 is KOS-MOS, Saber, Shantae, or Elma.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom