• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Maybe not as fighter pass character #5, but how would you feel about Cooking Mama as a DLC character? I know she’s kind of a goto joke character here, but if she actually got in what would your reaction be?
I've never played the games, but I'm always 100% all-in on any kind of ridiculous character. The more, the merrier.

xAquaCrystal

Smash Journeyman
We doin' most wanted characters again!? See, this is why everyone needs a spiffy signature with all of their most wanted. We ask this every other day.

Anyway, here's something a little more unorthodox. Fill in the next 5 DLC characters using the following criteria:

Fighter #1: Who da heck is that?
Fighter #2: Character you despise.
Fighter #3: Character you've been begging for.
Fighter #4: Character from a new game
Fighter #5: They actually got in?!?!
Since everyone doing this I will join
1: KOS-MOS
2: Bubsy
3: Dante
4: Akira from astral chain
5: Dimitri from FE3H gets in before byleth and edeglard lol

Tony Scott

Smash Rookie
Fighter #1: Who is that? Fatal Frame Protag
Fighter #2: Character you despise. Minecraft Steve
Fighter #3: Character you've been begging for. A2/2B
Fighter #4: Character from a new game Astral Chain Pro
Fighter #5: They actually got in?!?! Sora KH

Top 5 wishlist
1. 2B/A2
2. Kat Gravity Rush
3. Dante or Vergil or Nero Devil May Cry
4. Fatal Frame Protag
5. Mondo or Travis Preferably.

D

Deleted member

Maybe not as fighter pass character #5, but how would you feel about Cooking Mama as a DLC character? I know she’s kind of a goto joke character here, but if she actually got in what would your reaction be?
We've got way too many characters left that can fit the category of 'joke' before getting to Cooking Mama. As it is, making Waluigi suddenly playable would be the next big joke. I know people want him and don't see him as a joke, but the guy was literally created so Wario could have a doubles partner in Mario Tennis; he's THE joke.

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
This new KOS-MOS leak is very compelling to believe though I do have a few questions with it. For one KOS-MOS would be a really odd choice to save for The Game Awards reveal but I suppose Sakurai and Nintendo don't always care about factors like that. Another thing that makes me feel iffy on it is KOS-MOS being a Bamco choice over the likes of Lloyd and Heihachi. I know that people have been asking for Lloyd Irving for a long time so choosing KOS-MOS over Lloyd would be comparable to if they had chosen Steve over Banjo (and with KOS-MOS you can't even make the "well x is more relevant and more significant to gaming argument"). Then again, the leak has been 100% accurate thus far but I guess it could always be one of those things where they had real information and decided to throw one or make fake things in there. I'm torn right now.

Really we'll just have to wait and see how this one shakes out.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I wish that I was rich enough to have a decorated display of every amiibo ever, and have the smash bro’s ones be in their own section and have me then be on a Battlefield display
(I’m waiting for those Banjo and Joker amiibos)
I don't know how much this well help you.

But Ikea sells these $60 glass cabinets that I keep all my amiibos in. It looks super nice. I really should get around to making it look nice though.

photo_2019-12-08_21-45-25.jpg

Last edited:

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
I recognize KOS-MOS from Xenoblade Chronicles 2, but I never played any of the Xenosaga games. Still, I would be happy to finally get a female character for the Fighter Pass if KOS-MOS is the one.

KatKit

Smash Lord
1. Carmen Sandiego (Really though, why?)
I'm glad you asked. Why not?! She'd represent early PC gaming and her franchise is the pinnacle of the 'edutainment' genre; she's a pioneer and still the prime example of it. They not only somehow managed to be fun during a time when most early computer games simply weren't, they were also educational. They've sold millions of them; that is quite a feat. She's also appeared on a few Nintendo consoles, too! All of this, and she has a bunch of different educational TV shows that are way better than they have any right to be.

Moreover, the thing about Carmen is that she not only has a legacy, but she's never faded into obscurity. She has a signature look that crept its way into pop culture. Whether you recognize her from comics, TV shows, or her games, you know who she is. She's also getting an upcoming live action movie. People from like... 3 different generations can recognize her from something. That is another accomplishment. Especially for a video game character.

She's also a rare example of a protagonist/antagonist combo. She's a villain and a hero!

She's a Latina who's voiced by Rita Moreno and Gina Rodriguez, so as far as I'm concerned, she's also Puerto Rican like me, so yay.

Last edited:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
She not high on my list but honestly I wouldn't mind too much, I played Cooking Mama on the DS it was a lot of fun but she better have a special that creates food that heals herself/teammates or I call wasted opportunity.

SKX31

Smash Master
We doin' most wanted characters again!? See, this is why everyone needs a spiffy signature with all of their most wanted. We ask this every other day.

Anyway, here's something a little more unorthodox. Fill in the next 5 DLC characters using the following criteria:

#1: Dungeon Fighter Online
#2: Techies or Tinker (Dota 2) [Trust me, they're often outright painful to play against in their home game. Sometimes it's even painful to have them as allies.]
#3: Master Chief / KOS MOS (or first party: Style Savvy representative)
#4: Akira Howard
#5: Reiji Arisu / Xiaomu (NxC / PXZ)

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
This KOS-MOS talk is getting my hopes up only so they can be crushed again.

Four more days...

DevaAshera

Smash Champion

Fighter #1: Who da heck is that? [They'd have to be pretty obscure for me to not know of them at least..]
Fighter #2: Character you despise. [Minecraft Steve]
Fighter #3: Character you've been begging for. [Sora from Kingdom Hearts]
Fighter #4: Character from a new game [Byleth from Fire Emblem: Three Houses]
Fighter #5: They actually got in?!?! [Zero from Mega Man Zero]

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I kind of want KOS-MOS just because it would be hilarious that she would have made it in before Elma/Rex. Also because diversity/female/robot=cool moveset?/etc.

That said, I have no attachment to the character aside from owning a copy of her first game that I have yet to play.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Last edited:

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
More kills from Verge

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/78235954?page=43#435

Interestingly, he say's "Not sure" about KOS-MOS
Vergeben said:
I got more character deconfirmations.
Apparently the character is not Sora, Sol Badguy, Ragna, Billy and Jimmy Lee from Double Dragon, Dante, Phoenix Wright, Amaterasu, Monster Hunter, Sam Porter Bridges, Geralt of Rivia, Monokuma, or Kratos.
Whelp. Even more shot down by Verge.
tumblr_nn15zwyqP91tkikado1_400.jpg

Just a little bit longer...

RoboFist

Smash Journeyman

Ah, this is fun.

Fighter #1:
Rocket.jpg

Fighter #2:
MasterChiefReference.jpg

Fighter #3:
bc717cb1d1f1501e7403ef321e8c07a07ae68d83r1-302-499v2_uhq.jpg

Fighter #4:
nhkqroc4uefy6hnrsow4.jpg

Fighter #5:
giphy.gif

(It's not that I hate Fighter #2, I just don't think he belongs in Smash in any capacity whatsoever)

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
More kills from Verge

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/78235954?page=43#435

Interestingly, he say's "Not sure" about KOS-MOS
Amaterasu's on the kill list...

Dang it people! I was all set not believing for a second that Amaterasu stood a ghost of a chance but you guys just had to get me used to the idea of her inclusion. (Just to clarify I'm not actually that upset, but I was a little sad when I read it.)

EDIT: Oh yeah. And all of these characters could still happen after this next reveal...I'm all better now!

Last edited:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
What does that even mean? Hasn't Verge claimed their source knows who FP5 is? How can you be not sure about a character unless you don't actually know who it is?
Seems Verge's source has a source. This was said in his revision yesterday.

Groose

Smash Champion
First, Verge's source says no Bandai-Namco. Next, when asked about KOS-MOS, they say "not sure"--and I'm not sure how that makes any sense.

If his source is deconfirming characters, then it stands to reason that they know who the character is. However, as they don't know whether or not KOS-MOS is in... that means they don't know who the character is. Do they have a pool of characters that they know it is one of, and KOS-MOS is one of them? As someone who has been reliably following Vergeben for over a year now, I'm kind of thrown off by this.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
all these deconfirmations and Steve still ain't dead yet

coincidence?
Yeah, probably, but let me dream, darn it!

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Last edited:

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace
Seems Verge's source has a source. This was said in his revision yesterday.
How deep does this rabbit hole go?!

Anyway, is that the first character Verge has said "not sure" or something else to that effect? Everything else I have personally seen have been disconfirmations.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
tumblr_inline_p169i2xK731tt3n9f_540.png

having hope again was a mistake

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
First, Verge's source says no Bandai-Namco. Next, when asked about KOS-MOS, they say "not sure"--and I'm not sure how that makes any sense.

If his source is deconfirming characters, then it stands to reason that they know who the character is. However, as they don't know whether or not KOS-MOS is in... that means they don't know who the character is. Do they have a pool of characters that they know it is one of, and KOS-MOS is one of them? As someone who has been reliably following Vergeben for over a year now, I'm kind of thrown off by this.
Remember, "not sure" is coming from his source. His Source's Source may have said something else more telling. As for how she's not being treated as Namco? **** if I know. Maybe the source's source knows something we don't. Maybe Monolith actually owns KOS-MOS now. But that's neither here nor there and pretty unlikely.

Sam Porter Bridges never stood a chance anyway tbh

of all the characters that aren’t it, he names Monokuma tho... :thonk:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Monokuma is a Sans style costume with a music track tbh
I think he's just doing it to kill the "Sony rep is possible" bull ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom