• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
I decided to sleep and now everyone is dead. My first thought was that I woke up in Silent Hill but then I realized Verge killed them too.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
It's gonna be Miku and y'all are gonna LIKE IT
View attachment 250819
If she didn't count as a Sega IP I'd actually say she had a shot.
By the by, From Software is still alive.
The one thing causing concern is that they're very much a Platinum situation where the IPs they have are also owned by the publisher, so if there's No Bandai-Namco then there's no Dark Souls.

However, Sony is still alive so....Bloodborne time.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
After reading Verge's hit list, I think there's like a 10% chance Fighter 5 doesn't suck at this point. My hopes are with Geralt, Quote, or a Sony rep.

But **** it I'm gonna join the dark side and say it's either Gooigi, Yodasumi, or Pepsiman.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Verge and Sabi haven't deconfirmed Google yet

I bet you the VGA's crowd is going to be reeeeeal confused when Google Stadia is announced as a playable character

SKX31

Smash Master
No Fortnite, but PUBG is still on the menu. >_>
As is technically Apex Legends, Knives Out (mobile Battle Royale, big in Japan) and Garena Free Fire (another mobile Battle Royale, big in SEA and LatAm).

Really feels like grasping at straws with that genre.

I decided to sleep and now everyone is dead. My first thought was that I woke up in Silent Hill but then I realized Verge killed them too.
Vergeben has been possesed by Galeem.

That's why everyone is dead. :4pacman:

Adkuate

Smash Rookie
If it is in The Gaming Awards 2019 and it's a 2nd party character, the only thing it could make the crowds cheers is a remake of EarthBound/MOTHER 2 + a character from the MOTHER series announced for SSBU.

Which would make sense since this year was the 30th anniversary of the MOTHER series as they even made a Spirit Board Event for that.

KatKit

Smash Lord
Character 5 is Pajama Sam. Turns out Sakurai is a big fan of 90's edutainment games and wanted to give them their long awaited dues.
On the subject of edutainment, here's the Carmen Sandiego thread, for those of who finally realize how much sense this makes and/or ran out of characters to support.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If it is in The Gaming Awards 2019 and it's a 2nd party character, the only thing it could make the crowds cheers is a remake of EarthBound/MOTHER 2 + a character from the MOTHER series announced for SSBU.

Which would make sense since this year was the 30th anniversary of the MOTHER series as they even made a Spirit Board Event for that.
The list said Nintendo characters tho. EarthBound is Nintendo.

D

Deleted member

Epic Games was on the list of deconfirmatons too
Noooooooooooo

I was really looking forward to the meltdown everyone would have if a character from a kids game made it into this kids game! I guess VeggieTales could be wrong.

Yuki Shepard

Smash Rookie
Just going to mention that realta nua removed all the adult content from FSN. So the fact the original VN had certain scenes , shouldn't really affect sabers chances anymore

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
After reading Verge's hit list, I think there's like a 10% chance Fighter 5 doesn't suck at this point. My hopes are with Geralt, Quote, or a Sony rep.

But **** it I'm gonna join the dark side and say it's either Gooigi, Yodasumi, or Pepsiman.
I would love to see Quote in Smash. I think he could be fun. I liked Cave Story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom