• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I left Sabicord and Papagenos’ server for quite sometime already due to personal concerns and problems with the people over there.

So I couldn’t be bothered any less about the drama going on since it doesn’t involve me.

Spongeboob

Smash Ace
A hot dog stand at the end of time and space
Switch FC
SW-5063-7952-1131
Would you guys be opposed to Galeom becoming a playable fighter? Of course, he'd have to be downsized. Furthermore, what if we got a fighter original to the Smash Bros series (and isn't Roy) and what are the odds?

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Some drama regarding fatman is happening on the Geno thread which I guess is related to newcomer speculation:

https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior.446378/page-1906#post-23703941
Ohhhhhhh shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....

"It's probably nothing"
> Someone calling out Fatman on his BS
> It's Burb

View attachment 249904

Get out your popcorn everyone because
View attachment 249906
I'm an uninformed commoner. Who is Blurb?

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Would you guys be opposed to Galeom becoming a playable fighter? Of course, he'd have to be downsized. Furthermore, what if we got a fighter original to the Smash Bros series (and isn't Roy) and what are the odds?
I'd prefer Master Hand if we are gonna get a fighter that originated in Smash.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Vergeben's been wrong before. So don't take his word like gospel. But that doesn't mean we should ignore him or think he's got nothing of value to say. The thing about leakers is they get their information second, third, or even fourth hand. There's bound to be some misinformation mixed in with the truth. That's just how it works.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I left Sabicord and Papagenos’ server for quite sometime already due to personal concerns and problems with the people over there.

So I couldn’t be bothered any less about the drama going on since it doesn’t involve me.
All those servers are really good for is stopping in, checking the pins to see if anything's happened, and leaving. I sometimes pop in to debate, but the people there are rather close-minded, so I don't stick around.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Vergeben's been wrong before. So don't take his word like gospel. But that doesn't mean we should ignore him or think he's got nothing of value to say. The thing about leakers is they get their information second, third, or even fourth hand. There's bound to be some misinformation mixed in with the truth. That's just how it works.
Maybe outside of Smash characters. Smash characters otherwise...

D

Deleted member

Galeom as a fighter has potential to be fun.

Regarding Smash OC fighters, I really dig an old concept for a character called Dragon King who represents the original game Sakurai planned before Smash.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I'm an uninformed commoner. Who is Blurb?
A veteran of Smash speculation (since the Brawl days) who made it a point to call people out on their ****. He hasn't been around much for Ultimate speculation, so it makes sense you wouldn't have seen him before.

Oshawott777

Smash Cadet
"It's probably nothing"
> Someone calling out Fatman on his BS
> It's Burb

View attachment 249904

Get out your popcorn everyone because
View attachment 249906
What bull****? Last I checked, Fatman speculates. He doesn’t claim that it’s the end all be all. Sure, I don’t believe that Nightmare is fighter #5, and sure, FatMan may put a lot of exuberance in his speculation, but that’s no reason to be a ****. He made it clear that he’s speculating.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
The Fatman stuff doesn't surprise me one bit at all for a certain reason.
And whoever Burbs is, props to him.
However, let's not attacks or continue to pile on the man, even though the Geno Echo chamber might not listen.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
What bull****? Last I checked, Fatman speculates. He doesn’t claim that it’s the end all be all. Sure, I don’t believe that Nightmare is fighter #5, and sure, FatMan may put a lot of exuberance in his speculation, but that’s no reason to be a ****. He made it clear that he’s speculating.
You sure about that?

Because I remember a solid year where Fatman's been teasing the fanbase with "leaks" (Square Enix negotiations, the bird on the roof, boomer vs. zoomer character, etc.) and his repeated talking about Sabi and her private Discord he was in.

Did he mix in speculation with his "leaks?" Sure. But there was a period where he was definitely trying to pass himself off as an insider, if not a leaker.

D

Deleted member

I’m just gonna say from personal experience that Burb Burb isn’t saying any lie as of now and leave it at that.

I want to forget most of the stuff involving Sabicord and Papagenos’ Forest Maze server, but their claims about Fatman are true and I knew so for a good while.

burb descends from the heavens to finally call fatman out on his bull****

Drama happening? I've no idea what's happening. Or who Burb is. I mean, I remember seeing a few posts from somebody on GameFAQS that went by "SmashBurb", and while I never directly interacted with him, he kinda seemed like a total douche (though almost everyone there was), but I suppose I can't get an accurate glimpse of somebody's character from a few posts on a ****hole of a site. Can someone brief me?

Last edited:

Droodle

Smash Lord
The Fatman stuff doesn't surprise me one bit at all for a certain reason.
And whoever Burbs is, props to him.
However, let's not attacks or continue to pile on the man, even though the Geno Echo chamber might not listen.
Yeah, I agree. I just want to post about how my favorites would work in Smash, even if "insiders" say that they won't be in. The Smash community already has enough drama in it.

Meanwhile...

Norman Reedus's Neutral special is Piss: You can only have a limited amount of piss at any given time, and it recharges slowly throughout the match. By pressing B a QTE will start (Kind of like Wii Fit); if you time it perfectly Reedus's piss will travel further and faster; dealing more damage. If you mess up, Reedus's piss will travel slower, a less distance, and deal less damage.

Don't ask me why I wrote this down, considering I don't want Norman Reedus in Smash; but I just had to get it out there.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Drama happening? I've no idea what's happening. Or who Burb is. I mean, I remember seeing a few posts from somebody on GameFAQS that went by "SmashBurb", and while I never directly interacted with him, he kinda seemed like a total douche (though almost everyone there was), but I suppose I can't get an accurate glimpse of somebody's character from a few posts on a ****hole of a site. Can someone brief me?
A veteran of Smash speculation (since the Brawl days) who made it a point to call people out on their ****. He hasn't been around much for Ultimate speculation, so it makes sense you wouldn't have seen him before.

D

Deleted member

Ah yes "insider" drama, the Smash Bros. equivalent of the popular kids in high school having a spat
An honest to god train-wreck yet I somehow can't stop myself from looking at it

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Yeah, Burb tones up his act on this site, but anyone who ever posts on FAQs can tell you he's a bit less palatable there. To put it nicely.

Meanwhile the Fatman cult needs to chill.

So what we have here is like when two teams you don't root for play each other, and you just watch because it'll be a good game.
I mean, I'm still just on #TeamZinith.

D

Deleted member

I have decided to be brave and post the truth at that thread.

Gonna be honest here and say I am scared about what is to come.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I was actually told Fatman could be lying before by someone (won't say who), but I didn't want to believe it without evidence though I still kept it in mind for a bit. Fatman seemed very genuine though, so I kinda forgot about it. I still think he's cool, though; I hope he handles it okay.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Yeah, Burb tones up his act on this site, but anyone who ever posts on FAQs can tell you he's a bit less palatable there. To put it nicely.

Meanwhile the Fatman cult needs to chill.

So what we have here is like when two teams you don't root for play each other, and you just watch because it'll be a good game.
I mean, I'm still just on #TeamZinith.
How can I take you seriously if you're literally calling them a cult? Come on dog, seriously?

Droodle

Smash Lord
Off topic, but I recently got in Devil may Cry recently and I can see why people love Dante.

-Great Design.
-Good voice acting.
-Amazing moveset potential.
-Really likable personality.
-Would complete the Bayonetta-Dante crossover we want to see.

Yep, I support Dante for Smash.
DMC-Dante.png

KatKit

Smash Lord
Off topic, but this is still the #1 Smash reveal ever. Nothing has ever come close to topping it.

That came out the same day as the Smash Invitational/Palutena reveal. Long story short, I was there; I cosplayed as Palutena on the day of her reveal at a Ninetendo event; I was basically a celebrity for a cool minute.

E3 was walking distance from the Invitational; it was literally across the street. The weather was scorching that day, I was exhausted from all the yelling, standing in line, etc. However, while waiting in line, Reggie walked by a good hour or so after that trailer dropped. He stopped to greet people and take pictures. I... saw him. Not too long after watching that, too. Needless to say, I wasn't ready for that. Nay... my body wasn't ready.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Off topic, but I recently got in Devil may Cry recently and I can see why people love Dante.

-Great Design.
-Good voice acting.

Yep, I support Dante for Smash.View attachment 249916
...no not that one, I said the REAL Dante

Wunderwaft

Smash Master

-Great Design.
-Good voice acting.

Yep, I support Dante for Smash.View attachment 249916
I agree with you that Dante would be cool but WHY did you have to use that god awful reboot Dante design?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom