• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Although I'm hoping that they end it on a high note because this pass has been pretty solid so far, I'm expecting future DLC to keep the rhythm going continue the hype train. After season 1 is over, we don't know what direction they're going to go in, and that's exciting.
Given Nintendo "chose" postpass fighters like this pass, it's probably going to be more of the same. Though, I'd imagine a first party newcomer if we don't get one this season. Hopefully a spirit or AT promotion.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
i like how when you block someone this thread turns into a stream of people yelling at nothing

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
Seeing the Namco argument earlier, I think I would like to point out that there are no company requirements for Smash DLC. In the end, Nintendo chose a list of characters for Sakurai to choose from, with the characters being what he thinks would work best in Smash.
i like how when you block someone this thread turns into a stream of people yelling at nothing
Old Man Yells At Cloud

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Seeing the Namco argument earlier, I think I would like to point out that there are no company requirements for Smash DLC. In the end, Nintendo chose a list of characters for Sakurai to choose from, with the characters being what he thinks would work best in Smash.

Old Man Yells At Cloud
Pokémon...
Once I found that potential correlation, maybe he said that because we said something he didn’t like? About Vergeben debunking Namco, and KOS MOS being in fake leaks?
I just think Vergeben hasn’t been reliable during the dlc. Trusting someone knowing fighter #5 is extremely committing. No leaks are real or fake till dlc #5 has arrived.

Last edited:

BZocky

Smash Ace
I wonder if Nintendo introducing additional DLC right after Terry’s reveal could mean we’ll be getting both 5 and an additional DLC Fighter at the same time. It would get rid of the need to introduce the concept at the Game Awards, and plus if they were to do the double reveal it may give away the surprise of another at the same show.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I wonder if Nintendo introducing additional DLC right after Terry’s reveal could mean we’ll be getting both 5 and an additional DLC Fighter at the same time. It would get rid of the need to introduce the concept at the Game Awards, and plus if they were to do the double reveal it may give away the surprise of another at the same show.
If they wanted to reveal both FP 5 and 6, I would imagine it would be revealed in
  1. A general february direct
  2. A Smash direct
I'd imagine this scenario happening when FP 5 is in a playable state, so a VGA reveal is probably out.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
How should I know better? You should know better.
I wasent against kos-mos at that time but until you and some others offended me too much about the leak being real I’m starting to go against kos-mos
And the reason I was against that cat leak was that it had reimu in it because I want Shantae more than her
Shantae deserves more than a png
It’s not like Reimu and Shantae are in direct competition.

Pokémon...
Pokémon is the only thing he reserves a spot for; if he had more time and money, he’d add as many characters as he could as long as he still likes the work, there’s still demand, and Nintendo lets him.

Last edited:

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
I think this could happen. After FP5's reveal, Geoff Keighley and either Sakurai or Doug Bowser would briefly talk about Smash DLC and if there could be a second pass and potentially give us a reveal of the following fighter. Then again there could be another drought similar to what we had between Joker and Hero's respective reveals.

Night Gale

Smash Ace
The dream is for them to drop character number five the same day that they are revealed and announce number six. It's not impossible.

The delusion is for that to happen AND they reveal the entirety of season 2, but they don't tell us the release dates to keep speculation and hype alive. I want this result.

Last edited:

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
So, I guess this is what's happening on the anniversary.

Did anyone else notice that this picture has every newcomer + all the cut veterans that were not in Smash 4?

BlackInk

Smash Lord

Pokémon is the only thing he reserves a spot for; if he had more time and money, he’d add as many characters as he could as long as he still likes the work, there’s still demand, and Nintendo lets him.
You know, I wonder why Sakurai WOULDN’T choose a character like KOS-MOS after the whole Rex thing. That’s the part I’m struggling to answer.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
If they wanted to reveal both FP 5 and 6, I would imagine it would be revealed in
  1. A general february direct
  2. A Smash direct
I'd imagine this scenario happening when FP 5 is in a playable state, so a VGA reveal is probably out.

What do you mean by a VGA reveal “probably out”?

Are you talking about a double reveal, or in general? Because imo, the timing of the VGAs lines up too perfectly with the pass end date. Plus the private videos as well.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

What do you mean by a VGA reveal “probably out”?

Are you talking about a double reveal, or in general? Because imo, the timing of the VGAs lines up too perfectly with the pass end date.
Double reveal, I mean. Can't see two newcomer reveals at the VGA.

I agree in general we're getting a VGA reveal, though.

D

Deleted member

Kos-mos is much of a Namco character as Rex is a Nintendo character, barely. They’re monolith soft’s original characters.
With that logic, Pokemon isn't Nintendo's characters. They're :ultpichu::ultpikachu::ultpokemontrainer::ultlucario::ultgreninja::ultincineroar::ultjigglypuff::ultmewtwo:Gamefreaks.

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
It sucks that the VGAs fall on the second week of December rather then the 1st like every other year.

I know it's just only a week but a week feels like a month in a smash dry spell.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Did anyone else notice that this picture has every newcomer + all the cut veterans that were not in Smash 4?
Yeah, hate that I took so long to notice it myself.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I think whoever we get for FP5, people are gonna be all like:

Although I'm hoping that they end it on a high note because this pass has been pretty solid so far, I'm expecting future DLC to keep the rhythm going continue the hype train. After season 1 is over, we don't know what direction they're going to go in, and that's exciting.
Besides the chance of CP5 being Phoenix Wright, at this point I just want the Pass reveals to end and see what season 2 has in store for us.

Most of my picks (except Phoenix) will have a better chance there anyway, so...

I love how when you block someone, the thread is empty...

Wait.
BOLDER used Block!

It's super effective!

THREAD has fainted!

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Because Kos Mos was one of the most popular blades in xenoblade 2. She can fill in the spot Rex is unable to take.
By that logic Elma could serve as a rep for Xenoblade 2 because she was also one of the most popular Blades in that game, as well as being the most popular BLADE, lmao.

BOLDER used Block!

It's super effective!

THREAD has fainted!
Block is a status move, silly. It can't do damage.

StormC

Smash Hero

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
It's amazing how much cleaner this tread becomes once you start using the ignore feature.

Why would Shantae and Reimu be in competition with each other? Because they're both indies? If anything, one being included would increase the chances for the other as it'll break the "no playable indies" fan rule. They both appeal to different audiences.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Because Kos Mos was one of the most popular blades in xenoblade 2. She can fill in the spot Rex is unable to take.
The issue, beyond what everyone else said, is that Rex was never entitled to a spot to begin with, so there's nothing for KOS-MOS to fill.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
The issue, beyond what everyone else said, is that Rex was never entitled to a spot to begin with, so there's nothing for KOS-MOS to fill.
Sakurai literally ssated Rex would’ve been in the game if the development didn’t occur before xenoblade 2.

D

Deleted member

Sakurai literally ssated Rex would’ve been in the game if the development didn’t occur before xenoblade 2.
And he compensated with two mii costumes and Xenoblade 2 spirits and music. Your point?

BlackInk

Smash Lord
I'm sorry to put it this way, but people still hoping for KOS-MOS as fighter #5 after Vergeben had debunked Bamco is denial in it's purest form.
It’s not denial when the security has gotten way better and Vergeben becomes less credible as the pass goes on.

Mod EDIT: Content Removed

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
If anything, Rex’s absence would hint more at another Xenoblade rep. Like Elma. I’m not saying it objectively does of course, just that it’s a possibility.
KOS-MOS is Xenosaga and owned by Bandai Namco so she wouldn’t count.

D

Deleted member

It’s not denial when the security has gotten way better and Vergeben becomes less credible as the pass goes on. Nintendo is not going bend like a ***** to leakers, they’re going to fight hard.
Not really. Vergeben was spot on with getting Dragon Quest. And he guessed BK and Terry even if it can be interpreted as piggybacking.

His fighter guesses for DLC were 3/3. Would say that's a good DLC Fighter track record.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom