• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Can we stop pretending that Fire Emblem actually warrants having 7, and possibly even 8, characters? Like I get it, gotta push back against all the Fire Emblem hate and all that but this hate happened for a reason.
Nah, getting hung up about series numbers is incredibly dumb imo. Especially when what "warrants" a character is incredibly subjective.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So how you'd feel about my FP5 and Season 2 predictions?

FP5- Sakura Shinguji(Sakura Wars)

Dante(Devil May Cry)
Lloyd/Velvet/Alphen(Tales)
2B(Nier)
Sol Badguy(Guilty Gear)
Ryu Hayabusa(Ninja Gaiden)
I’d personally swap Lloyd with Sora since I have a feeling that if Sakura is next she’ll come with the Lloyd costume but other than that yeah I agree these all sound pretty legit.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
It wouldn't be too major a change. I think it would look like this, but with a bit more coverage (enough to not be defying gravity).
EDIT: And of course with an artstyle & face that looks actually good.
Morrigan has never had jiggle physichs, nor in her spriteworks nor in her 3d incarnations.

Also, while a very erotic and sexy character, her moves are more playful than erotic, between gimnastics, guillotines, mechas and jetpacks...

Capcom Infinite already reduced severly morrigan's cleveage and while the game bombed... believe me that wasn't exactly one of teh reasons.
Morrigan can be censored around her chest area without changing much. Why? Cause Capcom has already done so before.
And as CERO has issue with panty shots mainly and not so much swimsuits, Morrigan should be able to get away with her leotard and leggings. It's really mainly her chest area that may be an issue and as shown above, Capcom has no issue with covering up Morrigan.
The biggest change in any of those screenshots is Morrigan's top having cups. She still has most of her chest and all of her cleavage exposed.
Maybe. But honestly I think CERO cares more about up-skirts than cleavage. Sakurai has even said their concern was always about panty shots.

Japan is a strange place.

No one seems to care Bayonetta gets less naked than usual, or changed the expletive in her catchphrase from "****" to "mess".
I care. I care big time.

Last edited:

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
Tbh can I just say no matter what happens at TGA there’s going to be salt from whiners and naysayers who are upset Smash doesn’t bend to their will?

Whether it’s key kid or Hero 2 electric boogaloo there’s obviously going to be people who are upset it wasn’t who they wanted even though we’re literally getting more DLC later come on lmao.

Like I know these people tend to be in a minority like with Terry but I still gotta say it’s funny seeing people flip their lid over character of the week lmao.
There's going to be salt from some people no matter what. It happened when Hero was revealed, at least here in the west. Which explains the "Hoes Mad" meme after his reveal.

I'm really looking forward to the memes that are associated with our next character, especially considering the deconfirmation list and our guessing game.

D

Deleted member

Can we stop pretending that Fire Emblem actually warrants having 7, and possibly even 8, characters? Like I get it, gotta push back against all the Fire Emblem hate and all that but this hate happened for a reason.
**** it

3h lords fighter's pass

NurpNurp

Smash Journeyman
I mean does a series like Pokemon really need all of it's reps? Lucario hasn't been super relevant since the early 2010's and Greninja and Incineroar were only really pushed because of marketing.

Why then is FE a different case?

Flyboy

Smash Hero

Dante(Devil May Cry)
2B(Nier)
Sol Badguy(Guilty Gear)
I don't see Sakura getting in before Kiryu or Arle and my heart really wants Phoenix Wright but honestly I love the second pass especially and I'm cool with Sakura. Hayabusa is the least interesting pick to me but he's well deserved and when surrounded by 2B, Velvet, and Sol I'm cool with him. This would be worth a purchase for sure.

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
I mean does a series like Pokemon really need all of it's reps? Lucario hasn't been super relevant since the early 2010's and Greninja and Incineroar were only really pushed because of marketing.

Why then is FE a different case?
Implying I think Pokemon should get its mandatory shillmon of the week in every Smash game.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
franchise that changes its entire character roster every game has a lot of characters represented

1575319772612.png

NurpNurp

Smash Journeyman
Implying I think Pokemon should get its mandatory shillmon of the week in every Smash game.
I'm just saying that in general there seems to be this weird double standard that it's totally fine for Mario and Pokemon to get all these new characters, but suddenly FE is taking it too far.

Like, sure it isn't the biggest Nintendo IP, but for the love of god it's still popular and has enough characters that they could use, If they didn't add 5 FE characters in Smash 4 all at once I GUARANTEE no one would have a problem with this

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
Honestly, I have no problem with any given series having a lot of characters, including FE. That being said, I think it would be appreciated if they added a FE rep that used a different weapon type, just for variety's sake. Then we would also have less "anime swordsman" complaints.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If anything, Fire Emblem needs more characters. The problem it's had is that they've gone for character's who's sole thing is "Have Sword, will slash". It took until Robin for them to start featuring other Fire Emblem things like Weapon Stamina or Turning into Dragons.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
If you could get a playable Villain added to the roster from a series already in Smash, whod you choose?

Its a tie for me between Robotnik and Grunty.
Kamek, easy. It's ridiculous we don't have a traditional mage character yet, and :ultyoshi: is the only member or the original 8 without a villian of his own.

I'd also like Dusknoir, Marx, Sigma, and Eggman.

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
From my perspective, the reason Pokemon or Mario get 'a pass' on having a large rep count is that the characters all pretty much play differently (Obvious exceptions to the 'echos' like Doc and Daisy). Half the FE reps are nearly the same character with a slight gimmick to differentiate them. Lucina, Roy and Marth are virtually the same character, move for move, with small tweaks to properties in their moves to set them apart. Chrom is a poor amalgamation of the trio and Ike, one of the remaining few who is wholely different. Then there is Robin and Corrin who are distinct from their peers.

The Pokemon all offer different play styles entirely (Sans Pikachu and Pichu. Some could argue Lucario and Mewtwo but their similarities end with floatiness and ball tossing). So though the series has lots of reps, they offer a multitude of variety in how they all play.

Mario series also does the same. Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser (Wario and Yoshi if we want to just roll it all up) all completely different.

If FE characters continue to come, I won't mind. Provided they actually differentiate themselves more. Which is why they really aught to just stop using the same sword style so they can't unwittingly (or purposefully) fall back on recycling moves/animations.

I care more about unique additions more so than 'oh, another X franchise character?'. The next pass could all be FE characters and I'd buy them if they all were distinct and fun.

D

Deleted member

Every time people whine about Fire Emblem in Smash, Sakurai feels more compelled to add more Fire Emblem characters, so just stop whining and boom, no more Fire Emblem
I do want a Three Houses character in Smash doh.

By the by, I chose the Golden Deers in the end.

Edelgard is still cool doh

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

SNEKeater

Smash Master

Dante(Devil May Cry)
2B(Nier)
Sol Badguy(Guilty Gear)
I would be totally happy with this, seriously lol.
I mean maybe I would throw a cartoony character in there like Crash or a character that isn't humanoid, to appeal other people. But in general I would enjoy that lineup a lot. Dante, Sol and 2B are top tier picks for me. A Tales rep would be nice, specially Lloyd I guess because that's the only one I'm really familiar with at this moment.
Hayabusa and Sakura would be dope as well even if I barely played their games.

Also, that lineup is the perfect one for triggering the magnificent complain of "another anime swordfighter"

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
From my perspective, the reason Pokemon or Mario get 'a pass' on having a large rep count is that the characters all pretty much play differently (Obvious exceptions to the 'echos' like Doc and Daisy). Half the FE reps are nearly the same character with a slight gimmick to differentiate them. Lucina, Roy and Marth are virtually the same character, move for move, with small tweaks to properties in their moves to set them apart. Chrom is a poor amalgamation of the trio and Ike, one of the remaining few who is wholely different. Then there is Robin and Corrin who are distinct from their peers.

The Pokemon all offer different play styles entirely (Sans Pikachu and Pichu. Some could argue Lucario and Mewtwo but their similarities end with floatiness and ball tossing). So though the series has lots of reps, they offer a multitude of variety in how they all play.

Mario series also does the same. Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser (Wario and Yoshi if we want to just roll it all up) all completely different.

If FE characters continue to come, I won't mind. Provided they actually differentiate themselves more. Which is why they really aught to just stop using the same sword style so they can't unwittingly (or purposefully) fall back on recycling moves/animations.

I care more about unique additions more so than 'oh, another X franchise character?'. The next pass could all be FE characters and I'd buy them if they all were distinct and fun.
It's also because the same people who complain about Pokemon and FE want Waluigi and Geno, so they can't complain about too many Mario characters as well or else they'll never join the battle.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom