• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
This was actually something I was thinking of myself. Three Houses is running largely uncontested in the strategy game category, so having a short animated teaser that ends with "Byleth from Fire Emblem: Three Houses is joining the battle in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate!" would run really well off the momentum from that award.
I feel like fighter #5 should've been in development long enough for us to get more than just a tease.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
How would everyone react if Nintendo hits us with a Byleth trailer at the VGAs?

While I'd be hella down for him/her myself, I can already imagine the salt from receiving another FE character and the choice to reveal one at such a major event.
I'd be happy Three Houses got a newcomer, especially since it'd give us another Fire Emblem stage, but I'd be disappointed it wasn't Edelgard.

TriggerX

Smash Ace
I honestly could see Sora being the last Dlc character. His chain of memories appearance makes the most sense to me since it could be a nod towards Nintendo’s own beginnings and Disney’s involvement.

However I do believe whoever we get will have a background color that’s different from the previous dlc. Color theory seems to suggest Orange. Which, could very well be the case, but we could also get a neutral color like Grey. If it’s orange I doubt we’ll get Sora. Maybe Tracer or Augumon, someone who is noticeable enough.

TerminatorLOL

Smash Journeyman
I'm asking this as someone who has admittedly never touched a Kingdom Hearts game, but would Sora really feel right without some sort of Disney representation alongside him? A large appeal of KH games in my eyes lie in their depictions of classic Disney franchises, and without that, I feel that Sora would feel incomplete.
Honestly after going through all the KH games I began to realize that the Disney parts of the series barley even matter. From a narrative point of view Sora's adventures in Wonderland or Halloween Town or whatever are pretty much just filler.

The Disney cross over is what attract you into the games, but once you start getting into them its all about a bunch of different anime haired people in black robes fighting anime haired people with giant keys or eating ice cream on a clock tower...oh and Donald and Goofy are there too I guess.

Seriously watch a video on youtube that explains the plot of these game and see how little the Disney stuff gets mentioned, its bizarre.

Last edited:

Droodle

Smash Lord
It really isn't the end of Tales newcomers if Sabi states that Lloyd/Yuri aren't character 5.

Tales has always been a really likely series since the beginning, if Sabi states that they aren't 5; it'll go by the way of DmC and end up being really likely for post pass.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
It really isn't the end of Tales newcomers if Sabi states that Lloyd/Yuri aren't character 5.

Tales has always been a really likely series since the beginning, if Sabi states that they aren't 5; it'll go by the way of DmC and end up being really likely for post pass.
Oh god please do not refer to Devil May Cry as DmC, we capitalize the M for a reason

D

Deleted member

He’s the character designer of the original games and he owns the illustrations for them.
If he only owns the illustrations and not the characters themselves, wouldn't there be no need to credit him on the title screen? We lack ARMOR PROJECT / BIRD STUDIO credits for Hero.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Wait a second...

Klonoa hasn't been deconfirmed yet! If Namco is still in the game, I'm backing Klonoa! I need all of the cereal mascots I can get!

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
How would everyone react if Nintendo hits us with a Byleth trailer at the VGAs?

While I'd be hella down for him/her myself, I can already imagine the salt from receiving another FE character and the choice to reveal one at such a major event.
If they have a lot of cool whipsword moves, I will be hyped as ****, and I will plan to buy the game.

Us3inMN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Us3inMN
Switch FC
SW-6591-4822-5026
Random thought but does anyone still think there is a chance of an RE rep getting in with the inclusion of the RE spirits?

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Random thought but does anyone still think there is a chance of an RE rep getting in with the inclusion of the RE spirits?
Unless they're using one of the characters from the event, the ones they would've been likely choosing for an RE rep, it's very doubtful. I wouldn't mind Nemesis or Mr. X though.

What's the big deal about 'DmC' other than inconsistent capitalization?
A reboot that was made by people who spent the entire time insulting anyone who liked the old games.

Last edited:

Senatiator

Smash Apprentice
If Lloyd ends up being on the "Deconfirmed for FP #5" list, then speculation will get even more interesting especially considering he is a frontrunner for this slot.

The best piece of "evidence" in Lloyd's favor is the recent "Tales Of" trademarks and his original voice actor tweeted a couple months ago that he was working on a voiceover project under NDA. We also haven't had any Namco characters deconfirmed for this slot yet.
Scott Menville? That depends on what his contract allows. Union Actors such as him are generally not allowed to take part in non-union projects such as the Super Smash Bros games. That is why Steve Burton, Cloud Strife’s voice actor hadn’t voiced Cloud Strife in Smash. While other Union Actors such as the Kid Icarus cast and Metal Gear cast did voiced their respective characters in Smash.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
What's the big deal about 'DmC' other than inconsistent capitalization?
DmC is the attempt at a Devil May Cry reboot which made whacky wahoo pizza man go from whacky wahoo pizza man to "**** you. **** you. This is Shakesperian writing quality, **** you", complete butchering of Vergil, tasteless scenes and comments, piss easy gameplay and a marketing team who'd go "IF YOU LIKE OLD DANTE YOU'RE A DUMBASS! OLD DANTE IS GAY, OUR DANTE IS COOL!"

Suffice to say, DmC flopped and barely anyone cares about it

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Scott Menville? That depends on what his contract allows. Union Actors such as him are generally not allowed to take part in non-union projects such as the Super Smash Bros games. That is why Steve Burton, Cloud Strife’s voice actor hadn’t voiced Cloud Strife in Smash. While other Union Actors such as the Kid Icarus cast and Metal Gear cast did voiced their respective characters in Smash.
Also Scott Menville only voiced Lloyd in the original game. More likely the NDA project was TTG or CoD BO4 related.

Last edited:

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Everybody mostly stopped talking about KOS-MOS, which makes sense, since she's relatively minor, but why did the 2b talk stop?

Gamma Ray

Smash Apprentice
People believe her skirt isn't for Good Boys And Girls so she's out of the count
I wish people would stop assuming any character wearing a skirt is out of the picture like it's some unsurmountable issue. It's not like there's female characters with skirts on the roster already, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom