• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
They're showing TGA at a theater twenty minutes or so away from my house. Part of me wants to go for fun. Seeing Joker's reveal last year was one of the most insane things ever and having a crowd with me if it happened again would be incredible. Plus I'm sure we can just heckle the dumber decisions.

I do however worry about being in a theater full of Gamers™. Decisions, decisions.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
They're showing TGA at a theater twenty minutes or so away from my house. Part of me wants to go for fun. Seeing Joker's reveal last year was one of the most insane things ever and having a crowd with me if it happened again would be incredible. Plus I'm sure we can just heckle the dumber decisions.

I do however worry about being in a theater full of Gamers™. Decisions, decisions.
If you do go, arm yourself with deodorant.

D

Deleted member

*drip drip drip*

Good morning everyone.

I see that everyone was talking about Tales of and The Game Awards when I was asleep. Dear God, Lloyd is the most probable, but Sakurai can probably curveball. And can we get the Game Awards to be shown at my country?

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
*drip drip drip*

Good morning everyone.

I see that everyone was talking about Tales of and The Game Awards when I was asleep. Dear God, Lloyd is the most probable, but Sakurai can probably curveball. And can we get the Game Awards to be shown at my country?
Beleive it aired on Twitch last year so should be

KillerCage

Smash Master
You're way off, buddy.

Never thought Geoff would reply to Sabi lol.

WHAT! Sabi and Geoff together!? WHAT!? WHAT!?

I never heard of it but I'll take a crack at it.

Persona 5 has Crow. Joker has a costume that references Crow.

Dragon Quest has a Bird family category of monsters. Toriyama also designed Dragon Quest characters. Tori means bird.

Kazooie.

Geese Howard and Nakoururu appeared in Terry's reveal trailer. One is named after a bird and another fights with a bird.
It is Belt theory all over again!

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
All I know about Sabi is that they leak things apparently and that judging by their Discord PFP last screenshot I saw, they have great taste in anime.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Velvet still has that small chance, it would be really cool to see her. But as long as Tales gets a playable character, I'll be happy no matter what character it is.

That said though, I do hope for more substantial info on Arise for the VGAs since there's been barely new info since E3.

Last edited:

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
If fighter five is revealed tonight I will delete my account and make a new one. This should demonstrate my confidence in it not happening.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
When I bring it up, I’m referring to how they have the same Indiana jones type adventurer niche, I feel like we would only get one of that type of character and Lara Croft would probably be easier to get then a Sony character and is more iconic
As I said, there's really very few similarities between the series and the characters, tone-wise and gameplay-wise. The characters' abilities aren't similar either. I don't see why we couldn't get both.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Oh, speaking of datamines...
The only thing 6.1.0 changed was a bit of the code (like, the exefs/main file).
The only file in the filesystem (the data.arc) that got changed was Mewtwo's precompiled .NRO (and none of us know why ATM. Maybe fixing the pointers because of the Terry/ICs bugfix). (Every fighter has this. It contains a lot of things regarding their moves, as well as pointers to the exefs/main code)
So you won't find nothin'.
I'm not certain why it was named 6.1.0 and not 6.0.1, since it only fixes one bug (The thing about bricking Switches is misinformation, so that's not really a factor.)

Last edited:

Plank08

Smash Lord
If/when the focus shifts back to first party IPs, I think that Dragalia Lost is super slept on. It's modern, popular, and a huge milestone for Nintendo, and it's one of the few 1st party IPs with zero representation in Smash yet. It's Nintendo's first IP to originate on mobile phones, and it prints money. It's also already had crossovers with Fire Emblem and Megaman. I think Smash would be the perfect series to introduce it to people who can't and/or don't play games on mobile. Grandblue is making console appearances now with its upcoming Fantasy Versus fighting game and Re:link Action RPG, and I'd like to see Dragalia make a similar transition to the home console side of gaming. I'm very interested in the series, but I don't play games on my phone that much.

And apparently, it would surprise a lot of people if it ever happened. I've... never seen ratings this bad for something so legit.

Unfortunately, not everyone here wants to learn more about games they've never played. Personally, series I'm unfamiliar with or normally have no access to give me more reason to be hype. I try to educate myself about them instead of opposing them and stuff; I wholeheartedly welcome them in Smash and can't wait to see how they'd translate/what they'd bring to the table. I know what I'd like to get, but it's also nice to see what others want and why and support them on the sidelines. The end result is pretty much guaranteed to be awesome because this is Smash lol. I didn't understand the Joker, Dragon Quest, and Terry hate. I don't understand the Touhou hate. Etc.

Please... try to open your eyes instead of shooting down everything that isn't Spear Waddle Dee or whatever. And that's not a jab at Bandana Dee; I'm a supporter, but I think you get the point.
Dragalia really doesn’t have a big player base AT ALL, and there’s way better options for Nintendo characters, even ones from new franchsies(Chibi Robo, Rythem heaven, Golden Sun) and when it comes to Mobile representation, Dragalia is the last one I would pick.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
15 years ago still classifies as "new"?
For Nintendo, everything after Pikmin is a "new" franchise.
Don't ask me why, that's just the standards they're help up to.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
For Nintendo, everything after Pikmin is a "new" franchise.
Don't ask me why, that's just the standards they're help up to.
Maybe that's why Sakurai looks so young. They still think he's a young new employee. :nifty:

D

Deleted member

Just checked 6.1.0's notes and...I expected a bit too much. Nothing new, just the fix for the Buster Wolf. Though why in the world would they name it as a major update?

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
Personally, I think that they should take the concept of Smash in a bit of a different direction. What that direction is however, I have no clue.

Should it be more casual like a Kart Racer? More hardcore like a Strategy game? Should it focus on giving a story to a few characters or should it go Gatcha mobile game nuts with the character and say nuts to story?

Bring back Kevin Keene. Make him Nintendo's Sora, and give us an action-adventure or action-RPG spanning across multiple universes.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Nintendo wouldn't be dumb enough to have future characters hidden in the code again.

they do a fine enough job leaking **** themselves

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
No. It's in desperate need of "EVERYONE IS HERE...FOREVER!"

The gameplay is already solid at this point. It doesn't need any huge changes if it's going to result in roster cuts.
I disagree. There's a lot of redundant chaff that needs to be cut. We dont need 7 Marths, or Young Link when Toon Link exists.

Roster cuts happen all the time in other fighting games so I really couldn't care less about Smash fans being so entitled they can't even handle one echo being cut. Not to mention the game hasnt had a significant gameplay evolution in almost 20 years and it's starting to show its age. It needs to be fresh again. The magic has vanished from character reveals because the gameplay of Ultimate is just so utterly mediocre and samey that it almost doesn't matter who they add.

Smash Ultimate followed a quantity over quality approach and I'd rather they did the inverse for the next game. They can boast about their big roster all they want. Big roster does not mean good roster.

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Just checked 6.1.0's notes and...I expected a bit too much. Nothing new, just the fix for the Buster Wolf. Though why in the world would they name it as a major update?
Because making sure Terry is okay is a big deal! He always asks if we are okay but I don't think we take the time to ask if Terry is okay.

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
Y'know, isn't Ultimate eligible for stuff at TGA this year? Just wondering, since I don't believe it was last year due to when it released.
Honestly I cant even fathom Ultimate being topped for best soundtrack. It honestly isn't even fair.

D

Deleted member

I disagree. There's a lot of redundant chaff that needs to be cut. We dont need 7 Marths, or Young Link when Toon Link exists.

Roster cuts happen all the time in other fighting games so I really couldn't care less about Smash fans being so entitled they can't even handle one echo being cut. Not to mention the game hasnt had a significant gameplay evolution in almost 20 years and it's starting to show its age. It needs to be fresh again. The magic has vanished from character reveals because the gameplay of Ultimate is just so utterly mediocre and samey that it almost doesn't matter who they add.

Smash Ultimate followed a quantity over quality approach and I'd rather they did the inverse for the next game.
have you actually played any of the fe characters

chrom roy and lucina are all just clones of marth, and can totally be cut, but saying that all seven fe characters are the same is just completely wrong

RandomAce

Smash Champion
We dont need 7 Marths
This has been done to death so many times, but I’m pretty sure :ultike:, :ultrobin:, :ultcorrin: are no where similar to Marth.

Damn, u people try so hard to devalue Fire Emblem as if it didn’t become one of Nintendo’s recent bigger franchises.

Last edited:

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
have you actually played any of the fe characters

chrom roy and lucina are all just clones of marth, and can totally be cut, but saying that all seven fe characters are the same is just completely wrong
It's called hyperbole. Look it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom