• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Source Gaming posted a video discussing who Fighters' Pass 5 could be.

Clearly they didn't hear about Vergeben's comments since they considered Doom Slayer a likely candidate for DLC 5.
Finally The Quiet Man is getting some recognition. Lara who? Geno what? He is truly the Square Enix rep we all deserve.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
Booooooo no more fighting characters as DLC.

Its so boring!

Character additions in Smash are so extraordinary because its fun to see characters from other genres of gaming adapted into a fighting format.

Wheres the fun in copying/pasting a fighting character in to Smash? I dont get it.
It's not "copy/pasting" at all. Learn how video games are actually made.

As someone who plays fighting games, SF and KOF/FF don't play the same as Smash at all and it's fun to see how they adapt the moves and techniques from those games into Smash. No, we don't know "exactly what we're getting", same as any other character reveal. No one would have guessed that they were going to implement a new mechanic like a stage barrier to the sides of the KOF stage.

The only issue I have with Heihachi is that he's a bit dull for Smash since Tekken is more grounded in "realistic" martial arts than SF or KOF, so they don't have things like screen-filling plasma beams and tornado kicks and flashy super attacks. I know Heihachi has electric wind god fist and hellsweeps, but still, his moveset potential doesn't seem as fun as these other characters.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Sharing this from the KOS-MOS thread, anyone familiar with copyrights wanna help decipher this?:
I gonna need some specification as to the importance and or relevance to Also Spach Zarathustra in Xenosaga since it's probably the Monolithsoft Saga I'm least familiar with.

D

Deleted member

I gonna need some specification as to the importance and or relevance to Also Spach Zarathustra in Xenosaga since it's probably the Monolithsoft Saga I'm least familiar with.
It's literally the name for Xenosaga 3.

"
Xenosaga Episode III: Also sprach Zarathustra

"

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
(Yes, Terry's codename is Dolly. Your guess is as good as mine.).
Good thing we didn't know that one before hand. Geno would never leave the conversation.

like i said earlier; i just dont get it. I dont see how theyre exciting additions when you know exactly what youre getting.
Think about how excited you were when Banjo & Kazooie were revealed. There. You did it.

i.e. The addition of a character you like is going to excite you.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Booooooo no more fighting characters as DLC.

Its so boring!

Character additions in Smash are so extraordinary because its fun to see characters from other genres of gaming adapted into a fighting format.

Wheres the fun in copying/pasting a fighting character in to Smash? I dont get it.
Imagine calling the most unique and fun Fighter in the entire Pass boring because he's from another fighting game.

This ain't it cheif. Copying and pasting is NOT what was done and the technical minutiae of what went into this character being undermined like that is a bit ignorant, no offense.
It's literally the name for Xenosaga 3.

"
Xenosaga Episode III: Also sprach Zarathustra

"
I know that, that's not what I'm getting at. I'm saying where does this copyright come from and in what way is it being presented? Need details, not just that it's the title.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
I'm working on a little thing here. Hope to show some diagrams and stuff for how I think he could work.

1573608119905.png

Droodle

Smash Lord
Imagine calling the most unique and fun Fighter in the entire Pass boring because he's from another fighting game.

This ain't it cheif. Copying and pasting is NOT what was done and the technical minutiae of what went into this character being undermined like that is a bit ignorant, no offense.

I know that, that's not what I'm getting at. I'm saying where does this copyright come from and in what way is it being presented? Need details, not just that it's the title.
From what I know the trademark for Xenosaga 3 had been updated back in April 2018, at least in the US. People were guessing that that meant a Xenosaga HD collection may be in development; but nothing really came of it.

It may be an unrevealed Xenosaga HD collection, it may be KOS-MOS in Smash, it may even be both. But its probably nothing.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

I remember the trademarks being renewed semi-recently. People thought it migt have been for a HD Xenosaga trilogy but so far, nothing has come form it.

Could be that.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
From what I know the trademark for Xenosaga 3 had been updated back in April 2018, at least in the US. People were guessing that that meant a Xenosaga HD collection may be in development; but nothing really came of it.

It may be an unrevealed Xenosaga HD collection, it may be KOS-MOS in Smash, it may even be both. But its probably nothing.
I remember the trademarks being renewed semi-recently. People thought it migt have been for a HD Xenosaga trilogy but so far, nothing has come form it.

Could be that.
Then it likely won't be anything regarding Smash. The most it would inquire is that there's a possibility that Xenosaga 3 has some sort of DLC. As weird as that ****ing sounds.

Otherwise the wording could infer that it will be a downloadable title which, I mean, all games are nowadays.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Gonna go a bit mor obscure with my possible code name.

"Monalisa"

Whoever gets this gets a cookie.

cj.

Smash Journeyman
There are still many fighting games that would be interesting to see adapted to Smash, Mortal Kombat, Tekken, Soul Calibur, Blazblue, Guilty Gear, Killer Instict, And they wouldn't be boring at all or "copy and paste"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom