• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Personally I still got good vibes for Sora. He's one of the biggest never ever picks and that's what this whole game has been about.

I'm not saying he's in the fighters pass or anything but at least a post pass character spot would be nice.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well, that leak was fun while it lasted.

I can't wait for the next one to surface in about a week or so.
I'm forced to say it's still real by obligation because I really don't want to spend several hours of my time trying to get shinies for the two goobers I made a bet with
1573274159821.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Freaky Mutant Man

Smash Apprentice
One thing I'll point out (and this isn't a statement that the leak is actually real for certain): as someone pointed out to me on Discord, no one's really had the motivation to try Mii costume modding. After all, why mod in Mii hats of a character when you can mod in the character themself over Mario or Marth? We're getting Mii hat modding breakthroughs because people are actually trying now. This certainly seems like something someone could work out independently for their fake leak, but as we try to recreate this, the needed breakthroughs are being worked on communally, many minds reaching the point that one mind may or may not have already achieved. Research always happens fastest in a group, not alone.

That's both fertile ground for a fake leaker to make themselves seem more legitimate and an argument why this leak might be legitimate. Just food for thought.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I have this gut feeling still that Fighter Pass 5 is Doom Slayer. Not necessarily because of this leak or anything but he's pretty damn perfect for a TGA reveal of that's where we're getting #5 shown.

I'm actually still confident in Hayabusa too. Feel like the next Pass may start out with those two if Doom Slayer isn't #5.

Sora would actually be a perfect choice for TGA as well.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
One thing I'll point out (and this isn't a statement that the leak is actually real for certain): as someone pointed out to me on Discord, no one's really had the motivation to try Mii costume modding. After all, why mod in Mii hats of a character when you can mod in the character themself over Mario or Marth? We're getting Mii hat modding breakthroughs because people are actually trying now. This certainly seems like something someone could work out independently for their fake leak, but as we try to recreate this, the needed breakthroughs are being worked on communally, many minds reaching the point that one mind may or may not have already achieved. Research always happens fastest in a group, not alone.

That's both fertile ground for a fake leaker to make themselves seem more legitimate and an argument why this leak might be legitimate. Just food for thought.
This runs under the assumption that only one person worked on the Mallow and Cacodemon hats (assuming it is fake). A group effort can't be ruled out.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
With or without leaks both Doomslayer and Ryu Hayabusa have a lot of things going for them. Both are iconic series from companies that have a good relationship with the Big N

Freaky Mutant Man

Smash Apprentice
This runs under the assumption that only one person worked on the Mallow and Cacodemon hats (assuming it is fake). A group effort can't be ruled out.
True enough; regardless, I am curious if a modder can manage the quality of those models and textures in the leak video. The modder here has managed the jiggle and such, but certainly not the model quality of that hat. It must be possible, right?

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
True enough; regardless, I am curious if a modder can manage the quality of those models and textures in the leak video. The modder here has managed the jiggle and such, but certainly not the model quality of that hat. It must be possible, right?
I mean, the original leak footage was captured on a phone, so any differences in quality could be trickier to notice. That's my two cents. Not to mention Nintendo still hasn't struck the video, and they are still strike-hungry as they recently shut down a Twitter account posting Sw-Sh leaks.

If anything, this whole saga shows that we are at a point in Ultimate modding that anything fake can be replicated and passed off as real and vice-versa.

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
I mean nobody expected Ken until we found out echo fighters were a thing but I'd say he was almost a lock. He was just as likely as Shadow imo and there was always a small chance they could've skipped him
Shadow, actually still hurts, and I’m not even that big of a Shadow fan! I just wanted Sonic get somebody else!

Last edited:

Smash Lord
The fact that Sonic was the most recurring third party fighter in the series and that Shadow was as popular to the mainstream audience that he is made him one of the most likely newcomers ever since echo fighters were confirmed a thing. All they would really need to do is give him a teleport up b and change his animations such as allowing him to skate and making his attacks resemble chaos attacks. Also the fact that they dragged his fans until the last direct for his AT reveal with all these factors supporting him which as an Isaac supporter would know how much it stings. Shadow getting snubbed was the biggest shock from this game's speculation cycle honestly

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Shadow, actually still hurts, and I’m not even that big of a Shadow fan! I just wanted Sonic get somebody else!
I still want Shadow, Tails, Knuckles AND Eggman. In his Eggpod, like Bowser Jr. but much bigger. He'd be a hovering character like Mewtwo.

Night Gale

Smash Ace
There was a time when using a gun made you a never ever and now betches are arguing over which FPS character honestly has a chance.

For the record, I prefer Wolfenstein more than Doom because of its story and stealth. Though my personal Bethesda pick is Corvo/Emily from Dishonored because of all of the crazy weapons and sh*t they can do.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
There was a time when using a gun made you a never ever and now betches are arguing over which FPS character honestly has a chance.

For the record, I prefer Wolfenstein more than Doom because of its story and stealth. Though my personal Bethesda pick is Corvo/Emily from Dishonored because of all of the crazy weapons and sh*t they can do.
That was a fair argument until Bayonetta and Joker came around.
Though arguably Snake too. Rocket launchers and guided missiles are still firearms. Guess it's just a culture thing. Personally, I have no qualms with cartoon violence at all no matter how realistic the weapons look.

Edit: If I were in charge of ratings, the standard for violence would be:
No blood or death: E
Minor scratches and scrapes or cartoon death: E10+
Realistic Blood or death: T
Guts, torture, and mutilation: M

Last edited:

Night Gale

Smash Ace
Speaking of which, does Dishonored have a fan topic? Corvo/Emily need more attention. Sheeeeit.

That was a fair argument until Bayonetta and Joker came around.
Though arguably Snake too. Rocket launchers and guided missiles are still firearms. Guess it's just a culture thing. Personally, I have no qualms with cartoon violence at all no matter how realistic the weapons look.
I know but it's interesting to think about how far we've come and how they will add basically anybody they want to as long as it's a video game character who can get past CERO.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So here’s something to try...

Let’s consider some of the leading franchises that’s dominating speculation:

Kingdom Hearts
Tekken
Ninja Gaiden
Doom
Super Mario RPG
Astral Chain
Tales of...
Etc etc

From that, make a Fighter Pass including a character, stage, 2-4 Mii Outfits, and at least 5 Spirits. If you want to conclude music, you can but please keep it to 5 and include them as links, not in embeds as it can slow down the page if there are too many.

Mango The Magician

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mango_Magician
So since I was thinking about who FP5 could be since it could be anyone in my eyes, I came up with two picks that could make sense. Assuming each character comes from a different company, namely companies close to Nintendo, bar Microsoft but Banjo is a special case, and assuming FP5 isn't first party, the first company that comes to mind that's close to Nintendo is Ubisoft, and Rayman is a spirit so I think there's two options:

-The Rabbids: very popular and lots of presence on Nintendo consoles, can count as their own series when dealing with spirits, and are goofy enough to fit into Smash well, and as an extra bonus are the perfect downer final character that this pass is gonna end with that'll set the internet a flame.

-An Assassin's Creed character: major Ubisoft franchise, large growing presence on Nintendo consoles, perfect character to appeal to the the "gamer" crowd at the VGAs, and no presence in Smash so ripe for spirits.

Smash Lord
Yeah if we were getting another Capcom character it would boil down to Phoenix Wright or somebody from Resident Evil most notably Leon or Jill Valentine I reckon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom