• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Not going to lie, kinda exciting to know nothing of Fighter 5 again and just speculate based on other things rather than leaks.
Reminds me of the Erdrick era except now the Geno thread is on my side. Good times.

Last edited by a moderator:

KillerCage

Smash Master
I have to go bed shortly as I have a field trip down to the Neuse River Basin that requires everyone in my geochemisty class to be ready by 7:15 AM and I won't be back on Smashboards until after 5 PM eastern time.
Have a good night everyone!

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
I hope for Shantae, and the only leak I have for that is the Milk-BOSATU leak

KatKit

Smash Lord
Remember that nod I mentioned earlier? I think I sensed it. Shhhhh. One day, amiga. It's in the works. I know. You know. You now know that I know that you know. No need for words.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Now that we're back on the dark for Fighter 5...

How about we talk about the real Match-up.

Beneath The Mask vs Psycho Soldier.
Which one is the most banger Vocal Remix, and why both of them are perfect?

You have 4 hours.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

You have 4 hours.
They're both going to be crap compared to the inevitable Devil Trigger by Casey Edwards Remix we're getting when Dante gets revealed for Smash.

D

Deleted member

You have 4 hours.
Original Beneath the Mask trounces the 90s pop. In terms of remixes, I like Psycho Soldier's more.

D

Deleted member

You have 4 hours.
Damn, if only I could finish hearing the full SNK tunes, its just too short of a notice.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I think it's cool you know for a fact they're not real. I don't believe any leak ever but you seem like the expert. Could you go into detail explaining why they are not legitimate and provide sufficient evidence?
I mean, I obviously can't provide evidence. Sorry about that.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
A lot of what transpired in here the past few pages is giving me a "It's not doomguy" vibe.

While that may be my own confirmation bias playing with me, that's what I'm getting from some of the posts here.

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
So feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I can gather the Mii Costume leak was pretty much confirmed to be fake today and we're back to having no idea who it is even though I know it's totally a Resident Evil character. This next month is going to be very interesting because I'm predicting we're gonna be seeing a huge influx of leaks and rumors coming out as we try to figure out who the hell is actually next.

Also, I was talking to a friend about Smash stuff today and when I brought up the next character possibly being Doomguy or a Resident Evil character, he thought I said "Doomguy from Resident Evil" and just started astral projecting. Just thought I'd let yall know about that.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
They're both going to be crap compared to the inevitable Devil Trigger by Casey Edwards Remix we're getting when Dante gets revealed for Smash.
Understandable. Have a nice Day-
Totally agree with you.

Original Beneath the Mask trounces the 90s pop. In terms of remixes, I like Psycho Soldier's more.
I love them both, and the Remix of Beneath the masks is something I love because of how much it's a 180 of the original song, while keeping it's essence.
But yeah, Psycho Soldier is banger with that Retro Anime Opening feel.

Even though, the best remix in smash is Aria of the Soul for me, no matter what, I'll rather die than saying anything else.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I'm starting to think the Mii hat leak is fake. I was 50/50, but after watching the Terry presentation I noticed how all the Mii costumes were full costumes, while the Mallow and Doom demon costumes were just hats; on top of that, there are also some major leakers saying that the leak is fake. It's possible that they are legit, but I'm more toward fake now... 75/25 fake.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Praying for that. But a Devil Trigger remix made by Sakuraba or Shimomura could be a nice experiment.
Also in the scenario of Dante getting in I would expect a remix for Devils Never Cry (plus the original version of the song, ofc)

KatKit

Smash Lord
That's cute but it won't hold up to the various godlike vocal tracks (gibberish or otherwise) from Drakengard/Nier or God Shattering Star.

Last edited:

Freaky Mutant Man

Smash Apprentice
I'm starting to think the Mii hat leak is fake. I was 50/50, but after watching the Terry presentation I noticed how all the Mii costumes were full costumes, while the Mallow and Doom demon costumes were just hats; on top of that, there are also some major leakers saying that the leak is fake. It's possible that they are legit, but I'm more toward fake now... 75/25 fake.
Slime and Morgana are just hats, for what it's worth. Not saying anything about the leak's authenticity, but just wanted to note that.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
A lot of what transpired in here the past few pages is giving me a "It's not doomguy" vibe.

While that may be my own confirmation bias playing with me, that's what I'm getting from some of the posts here.
Yeah that's the vibe I got from Sabi's source.

If that's the case, the salt from 4chan is going to be great.

Last edited:

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
My take on the Mii leak is not about arduous it would be to fake it but if it was real....how did they get the time and planning to have three people record enough HIGH QUALITY, clear footage whereas the Ken leak looks appropriately blurry and quickly taken that implies it was done in haste to not get caught.

Im focused on how they had enough time to do that.

Dark Bagel

Smash Ace
Also, I was talking to a friend about Smash stuff today and when I brought up the next character possibly being Doomguy or a Resident Evil character, he thought I said "Doomguy from Resident Evil" and just started astral projecting. Just thought I'd let yall know about that.
Astral projecting? Naw fam, you should've Astral CHAINED that fool.

D

Deleted member

Gotta say, with 50 tracks and 20 cameos on KoF Stadium, 11 spirit battles seems pretty damn low. While I have no idea how long it takes to develop spirit battles, I'm hoping the next Fighter Pack has a character that comes with over 30 spirit battles.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Hey, does anyone remember this Smash Bros. fansite that was created in anticipation of Brawl's release?

http://web.archive.org/web/20060409...ne.com:80/CharacterPages/characterselect.html

What do you all think about this being Smash Ultimate's roster by the end of all DLC and whatnot?
2019: Complaints that FE isn't just Marth and Ike, and Pokemon isn't just Pikachu and Mewtwo
2006: Fan rosters that have more FE and Pokemon reps than Ultimate does right now

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
Personally, I’ve been leaning towards fake since the beginning that video started spreading everywhere! Though, I still believe that Doom Guy and Geno could still make it in, but I think they’ll come a bit later in the post-Fighter pass than sooner. Just my take.

As far as Fighter 5 goes, it could literally be anyone, so it’s anybody’s ball game at this point. If I had to guess I say it’s between a Capcom or Bandai character.

Frontrunners for both:
Bandai:
Lloyd (most likely)
Heihachi (not as likely Lloyd, but could still have a shot)

Capcom:
Leon/Jill was (most likely)-Resident Evil is one of the few top selling series to still not be in Smash, I think it has a good shot to eventually make it in. I think anyone would be fine with either Leon, Jill, or Chris but I think they’ll go with Leon as the default, cause RE4 is one of the more popular RE games and he’s one of the most popular characters s Resident Evil has to offer.

Dante-(kinda) if Leon (or Jill) don’t eventually show up, I think he’s the next best bet for Capcom. His series has gotten pretty popular with Nintendo fans but this past year with DMC being on the Switch. So, he would be a next best choice for them.

I really think it’s going to be between Bandai or Capcom to whoever gets that fifth slot. I do think it’s a bit weird that Bandai still don’t have a second character at this point, and they’ve worked on Smash for the past two games, they deserve somebody else. Also with Capcom it’s prety surprising that the only thing we’ve got from Capcom so far this DLC round goes had only been Mii costumes. I think Capcom is going to get someone else of the third parties, they seem to be the most collaborative. I wouldn’t put it pass them that they won’t eventually get someone else whether their Character 5 or post pass DLC.

Put your best bets in for Fighter while we’re still in the dark, because who knows how long that’s actually going to last.

Last edited:

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord

smashkirby

Smash Hero
2019: Complaints that FE isn't just Marth and Ike, and Pokemon isn't just Pikachu and Mewtwo
2006: Fan rosters that have more FE and Pokemon reps than Ultimate does right now
Man if yall thought three Links was excessive, imagine having a roster with eight ****in Marios
When I think about the stuff this site managed to predict...:joyful:

ArchRanger

Smash Apprentice
To be fair, during the Brawl days there wasn’t so much emphasis for Third Parties like there is now. I’m sure that played a role into why fan rosters were that way at the time. Sonic and Snake seemed like a one off thing at the time so filling out First Party lists were padded with more Pokemon and FE.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Man the speculation about Fighter 5 keeps going back and forth. I kind of enjoy that aspect of it to an extent since now we have no idea what the heck to expect anymore

Zeb Nasaki

Smash Apprentice
If there is in the end no bandai namco or capcom character for FP 5. Who is it left?

There were rumors that said no ryu hayabusa or crash.
The leak of the Cacomallow mii costume is being questioned and probably means no geno or doomguy for the next fighter reveal. (However I still think they will happen in the future).

I personally think that the last fighter will be from a company not yet represented in any form in Smash. Also it will be no rpg, plataformer or fighting game character.

What are your thoughts?

Edit: Please be Hollow Knight...

Last edited:

Plank08

Smash Lord
You know what, now that I think about it, Kos mos would be kind of cool if she got in smash
shes like a living breathing tank, the only reason I didn’t want her in at all was probably because I didn’t want her to end the pass, and I still don’t, but I’m fine with her being future dlc.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If there is in the end no bandai namco or capcom character for FP 5. Who is it left?

There were rumors that said no ryu hayabusa or crash.
The leak of the Cacomallow mii costume is being questioned and probably means no geno or doomguy for the next fighter reveal. (However I still think they will happen in the future).

I personally think that the last fighter will be from a company not yet represented in any form in Smash. Also it will be no rpg, plataformer or fighting game character.

What are your thoughts?
*cough* visual novel *cough*

D

Deleted member

Hey, does anyone remember this Smash Bros. fansite that was created in anticipation of Brawl's release?

http://web.archive.org/web/20060409...ne.com:80/CharacterPages/characterselect.html

What do you all think about this being Smash Ultimate's roster by the end of all DLC and whatnot?
I humored the list and circled everything we have.

Red: They're a fighter
Yellow: They are incorporated into a fighter's moveset or design
Blue: They're an Assist Trophy

We've really come a long way.

Untitled.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I humored the list and circled everything we have.

Red: They're a fighter
Yellow: They are incorporated into a fighter's moveset or design
Blue: They're an Assist Trophy

View attachment 245881
Tom Nook should have a yellow circle.

Also, since Sabi has spoken, I am on Team Fake until further evidence changes my mind.

D

Deleted member

Tom Nook should have a yellow circle.

Also, since Sabi has spoken, I am on Team Fake until further evidence changes my mind.
Same. We finally have a word from the higher ups, and they believe it's fake.

Can we just put this leak behind us and discuss...y'know, other games possible for Smash?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom