• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Himiko

Smash Apprentice
And then they had to show Nakoruru missing the letter in that damned trailer again. I'm upset all over again just like when Hat Ken was first revealed.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Watch as the amount of "leaks" with Heihachi triple.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Whelp, there goes poor Frogger x'D and I'm surprised Heihachi wasn't with the costumes.

COME ON, PRINCE, YOU'VE GOT THIS!

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
The Mii costumes got revealed, they bought back Akira and Jacky but not Heihachi.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMM
You could have said the same thing about Jacky during Joker's trailer. I don't think it really means anything.

Sysreq

Smash Ace
Heihachi's costume's absence is suspicious, but he won't be coming until later if anything. Two FGC in a row seems excessive.

Buffalo Soldier

Smash Apprentice
Well, that was quite extensive. Probably don’t need a full classic mode playthrough for any of these, seemed a bit unnecessary.

Overall, not a ton new outside of moves in this one for me. All the command inputs and my lack of background with the character make me think I’ll probably never use him, but the added music is cool.

Probably the first time I haven’t had a “woah” moment in a Smash stream since the final one before the game’s release.

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
To be honest, I actually would not be surprised if this is how it goes tomorrow! He's really going to ramble on for almost an HOUR about SNK and their history and I would not be mad at it! Please, teach us some gaming history, Sakurai!
Welp, as pretty much predicted and expected this whole presentation was pretty much nothing but a history lesson on Fatal Fury and SNK!

Who says that Smash Bros doesn’t teach you things! Terry does look more interesting now than I thought, but I’m still luring on who Fighter 5 could be, and just just because those Mallow and Doom Guy hats didn’t show up here, they could still have a chance of coming, but I still think that video leak was fake honestly. This also includes every other leak that came after that Mii video costume!

Last edited:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
All I'll say is that the lack of Heihachi makes a Namco rep more likely, though, I'll say it's probably AFTER the fighter's pass.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Masahiro Sakurai really put a lot in for Terry's presentation. Its good to see that there are a number of notable King of Fighters, Fatal Fury and Art of Fighting characters making it in as stage cameos.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
That was awesome!

Some stuff I expected, like Terry having fighting game mechanics and inputs, some music being pulled straight from KOF XIV, and the Mii costumes. Others, like the stage being more like a fighting game, the amount of stage cameos and songs, and the Jacky Mii costume coming back, I did not see coming.

Heihachi's costume's absence is suspicious, but he won't be coming until later if anything. Two FGC in a row seems excessive.
I could see Heihachi coming as post-Pass DLC. Unless the fifth character is another Namco one that comes with the Heihachi costume.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
You could have said the same thing about Jacky during Joker's trailer. I don't think it really means anything.
The Mii costumes were all fighting game based. This was a good opportunity for Heihachi to fit right in with the returning Mii costumes to fit the theme. At the very least Heihachi is the top runner for a Namco rep in my eyes.

D

Deleted member

TWO METAL SLUGS REMIXES INCLUDING THE AWESOME MAIN THEME
50 TRACKS
TERRY LOOKS SICK
R U OK!?!?!?!?
HIS STAGE HAS SO MANY CAMEOS
NO MALLOW OR DOOM MEANS LEAK IS STILL ALIVE

Dude this is sick.

Last edited by a moderator:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Well that was a thing that happened.

It was kinda sweet to see Sakurai try to convince people about his favorite character. But honestly, him playing classic mode and a second showing of an old trailer were unneeded padding.

Mai fans weeping in the streets tho

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
All the command inputs and my lack of background with the character make me think I’ll probably never use him, but the added music is cool.

Probably the first time I haven’t had a “woah” moment in a Smash stream since the final one before the game’s release.
That's where I am too. He seems hard to master, and with no affinity for him, he'll be benched.

Anyway, everything is still open for the following content.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
lol @ Mai Shiranui being totally absent because she’s literally too sexy for Smash despite ZSS and Bayonetta existing... to be fair that’s cause of Mai’s sideboob potential

also, Nakoruru got costume’d. ... I’ll take it.

and Akira’s costume is back despite him also being an assist, as well as Jacky’s returning... BUT NO HEIHACHI COSTUME. no Mallow or Cacodemon hats either.

I’m now fully convinced KOS-MOS is FP5 and she’ll come with the Heihachi, Lloyd and Gil costumes and maybe a Klonoa costume too

and if Cacodemon/Mallow is true, Doom Slayer and Geno are our first post pass peeps

I still get KOS-MOS so I see this all as an absolute win!

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Hooboy, can't wait for all the Heihachi "leaks" that will suddenly come out of the woodworks...

Nice to see a playthrough form Sakurai even if Classic mode might have been a tad too much for the stream.
here's to waiting for the Terry update to drop and that we will be hearing about the next fighter soon...

IceKitsune

Smash Apprentice
Terry looks freaking amazing and with 50 songs as well, that is quite a lot glad they put in a bunch of non-KOF and Fatal Fury songs as well.. He looks like he is an instant Top Tier to be honest I really love the way they incorporated all of the various moves, his recovery looks good lots of ways to get back on stage.

Also while I think a lot of people aren't going to like it; I think that comment about Mai Shiranui basically kills Doom Slayers' chances. If they couldn't get Mai in the background they sure aren't doing Doom Slayer as a playable character.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Two things...

1) Heihachi's Mii Costume not returning is a huge "HMMMM???" I think there's a very good chance he's going to be a post-pass character.

2) Sakurai saying "it's more important for characters to be fun to play as VS recognizable" is very encouraging. Especially for someone like me who's most wanted (Andy) comes from a historically important Nintendo series (Nintendo/Advance Wars) but isn't widely known. Not to mention would be helluva fun to play as using his different units.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
So looks like Fighter 5 is either from Bamco or Bethesda/ZeniMax. Heihachi skipping out on the fighting game costume dump is super suspicious, so he’s likely coming back with Namco. If we can get a hard deconfirm on the Mii Costume leak then I’m almost positive the 5th character is from Bamco. But yeah, this is interesting. Namco is getting a character regardless of the pass it seems.

Last edited:

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
The way he shouted out Bandai when he was fighting PacMan with Terry kinda makes me believe that Bandai is going to get someone Post this Fighter Pass.

To me it’s between Lloyd and Heihachi, I don’t care which one, (apart of me would prefer if Llyod got in first) but, I really don’t care. Those are kinda the only ones that make the most sense to get in.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Honestly, say what you will about Sakurai and Terry's rundown of Classic Mode, but ... while it was a presentation, and we got spoiled out of our mind, I don't think it was that bad. The commentary made by Sakurai gives (at least to me) a bit more inside feel of how he created and precieved the game. A bit more Sakurai personality. He could easily streamed this game out of the presentation with commentary and I'd watched with full attention. I sort of found it sweet.

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
If Mai was not suitable for good boys and girls, I guess it's reasonably safe to say Morrigan is (further) off the table. >_>

Unless it was specifically just underpants that are the issue.

At least we did get Psycho Soldier as a track. Or... 2 tracks... Not the deliciously 80s cassette version, but sounded like a better treatment than Smash has given some songs I like, so there's that. The dream is dead for Athena though, I suppose. And the cameo didn't even use the more appealing KoF12/13 design. :-(

D

Deleted member

Honestly, say what you will about Sakurai and Terry's rundown of Classic Mode, but ... while it was a presentation, and we got spoiled out of our mind, I don't think it was that bad. The commentary made by Sakurai gives (at least to me) a bit more inside feel of how he created and precieved the game. A bit more Sakurai personality. He could easily streamed this game out of the presentation with commentary and I'd watched with full attention. I sort of found it sweet.
Would have preferred if he just did a normal fight so we could experience Classic Mode for ourselves.

Running it down, it would have been the standard 20-25 minutes again if so. Not that I'm complaining because it was fun all the way through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom