• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
We're clearly getting a 15 minute Terry breakdown followed by 30 minutes of Sakurai playing SNK fighters for all the, "Who's this" and, "Trucker Ken" complaints.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Well, if it means no new character, at least I get to see how my boy operates and get hyped for the stage reveal. Maybe we'll get a gameplay trailer too?

kylexv

Smash Master
Maybe the reason it's 45 minutes is because it's actually Sakurai livestreaming. It isn't prerecorded.

EDIT: To add to this theory, Hero's presentation was simply uploaded to the Smash channel. No livestream for it. This already has a livestream set up for it on YouTube.

EDIT 2:
Notice how there's no mention of a livesteam for Hero.

EDIT (in hindsight): Sakurai literally just did an entire classic run no matter it was 40 minutes lol I was dead wrong.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I wonder if they're counting trailers as information, because unless Sakurai is doing a live tournament, I cannot think of a way he'd talk about Terry for 45 minutes.
Here's how I see it, damn my disappointment.

Remember how Sakurai said he was working on one fighter before E3 and then we got two fighters revealed at E3? Potentially, we could just get a trailer and that's it. I hope we get a trailer.

Sysreq

Smash Ace
Grasping here, but maybe no info, like detailed info, about unreleased fighters, but still a fighter reveal.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Maybe Terry launches as soon as the stream starts and the 45 minutes is Sakurai seeing how the servers hold while trying to download him.

Last edited:

M@R!3

Smash Ace
I figured it out. The stream is 45 minutes because the last 30 minutes is just Sakurai reading the live chat out loud.

JustMyself13

Smash Journeyman
Maybe the reason it's 45 minutes is because it's actually Sakurai livestreaming. It isn't prerecorded.
That would mean live translations for every region as well as perfectly timed on-screen footage and transitions. It’s not feasible for it NOT to be pre-recorded.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
No, the remaining 30 minutes will be Sakurai hosting a memorial for every lost soul from SNK.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
"no information about unrevealed fighters"

da crew: "anyway here's how we can still get information about unrevealed fighters"

KatKit

Smash Lord
Yeah, conflicting on whether it's tomorrow or the sixth.

Not looking hopeful, but oh well! It was fun while it lasted.
There's a long presentation on the 6th. Enough time for a character reveal. The dream is still alive!

terry presentation nov 5, release nov 6

i beat masahiro sakurai at smash brothers in his own house and he told me this very secret info
This was close enough.

Soooo... uh, how was the match?

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
45 minutes of Sakurai playing Smash is worth waking up at 5am in of itself as far as I am concerned.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Third theory. The 45 minutes is Sakurai trying to determine if the Mallow and Cacodemon costumes are real.

D

Deleted member

Grasping here, but maybe no info, like detailed info, about unreleased fighters, but still a fighter reveal.
My thoughts exactly. If we define info as defined moves, stages, and music, perhaps they could just get away with revealing the next character. That's the singular hope.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Hey, if more characters are revealed, they won't be unannounced anymore!

I hope they just mean not much detailed info, like Sakurai announces who they are but he's waiting 'til he gives anymore info.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So pretty much this situation would kill every leak regarding new characters with Terry. Just imagine if we get Mii costume showcase and is every character speculated the past few months like Doomguy, Geno, KOS-MOS, Ezio, Ryu Hayabusa, Heihachi, Phoenix Wright, etc...

Last edited by a moderator:

Mango The Magician

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mango_Magician
It won't be 45 mins exactly probably like at most 40 or maybe around 38, but all that just on Terry is boring. I'll probably just skip it and read the news later, as that's not worth getting up at 7am on a day off work.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
So pretty much this situation would kill every leak regarding new characters with Terry. Just imagine if we get Mii costume showcase and is every character speculated the past few months like Doomguy, Geno, KOS-MOS, Ezio, Ryu Hayabusa, Heihachi, Phoenix Wright, etc...
And now lets look at some brand new assist trophies...

JustMyself13

Smash Journeyman
The initial Phoenix leak from 10/1 wouldn’t actually be completely debunked in this scenario, as it doesn’t state that Phoenix will be revealed alongside Terry, only that Phoenix is the fifth fighter.

Untouch

Smash Master
That's why it's 45 minutes.
It's 15 minutes of Terry, 30 minutes of Sakurai just tearing up pictures of heavily speculated character.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
15 minutes will be describing Terry and his gameplay.

The other 30 minutes will be Sakurai conducting a ritual to resurrect Geese Howard (who tragically died October 16th, 1919 trying to grab the Smash invitation), just to include him as Terry's Classic Mode boss.

The ritual will be successful... but with a catch:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
* Information on unreleased fighters is not included.
* Broadcasts may be interrupted or canceled without notice due to system problems.
Please note.

What the hell did they mean by the second point?
Feel like it's pretty straight forward. If they can't show off Terry due to technical problems then they'll push it back

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Yeah, it looks like this might be an actual Livestream rather than something pre-recorded. Which is... Different. They did say they were still experimenting with the style of these presentations.

45 minutes COULD just be a buffer, but even still... That's quite some time. Not to mention we English speakers would be left out of the loop if it was just Sakurai spitballing.

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
15 minutes will be describing Terry and his gameplay.

The other 30 minutes will be Sakurai conducting a ritual to resurrect Geese Howard (who tragically died October 16th, 1919 trying to grab the Smash invitation), just to include him as Terry's Classic Mode boss.

The ritual will be successful... but with a catch:
This is how the goose from Untitled Goose Game is revealed as the fifth character

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
45 Minutes is the longest a smash Presentation ever was (yes, longer than any Smash Direct.)

Everyone is here was 25 Minutes with:
>What is smash
>Everyone is here trailer
>Change for most fighters
>Stages
>Assists
>Items
>Ridley

Final Ultimate Direct was 40 Minutes:
>Incineroar and Ken Trailer
>Overview of Ken
>Overview of Incineroar
>Detailled explanation of Spirit mode that even a instruction booklet wouldn't have that many details
>Piranah Plant announced and Overview
>Fighter Pass Announced
>Lifelight vocal trailer/World of Light

I refuse to believe we're just getting a simple Terry Overview when Hero's one was 21 Minutes for:
>Presentation of Each Heroes
>Voice actors
>21 Spells explanation
>Stage tour knowing that it's a traveling stage
>Exhibition match
>Mii Costume

Banjo was 25 with even more:
>Banjo's presentation
>Stage
>Music
>Home run contest
>Mii Costumes
>Terry teaser
>Talk and thanks about future DLC

How long can you expand on 45 for Terry?

Last edited:

Leotsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Leotsune
The direct has been going on for 30 minutes, Sakurai is enjoying himself playing the game and explaining everything terry is bringing with him.
At this pace we don't know if we'll even get a character reveal, didn't the description of the video say something like that?
Time passes, there's less than 5 minutes left, hope is almost lost, the last 10 minutes were about Mii costumes which some of them we already knew about and online improvements, squad strike and smashdown but we don't care about that at this point.
The presentation is pretty much over, but before that Sakurai adresses us, saying:
"I know you all are excited to know the next character who will be joining the fight, but right now we aren't ready to show them to you, please give us a bit more time".
The man dismisses the direct, it was fun but we were expecting a bit more, he's waving his hand saying goodbye and thanking us for tuning in.
Just when the screen is about to go black, we hear a man shouting "Objection!" and the rest is history...

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
In all seriousness... yeah, I don't get 45 minutes either. I get that Terry will likely be a more complex character and this take more time to explain, but 45 minutes still seem excessive. Even if there won't be info on Fighter 5 or further, there's likely gonna be something more than just Terry here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom