• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Heh, and I was the one who lambasted the support threads with my despair.

Hype blinds empathy, you know.
Gonna confess that I did the same months ago at the Banjo thread back when Google Theory happened.

But here I am now, at a spot where everyone forgot that ever happened!

Mango The Magician

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mango_Magician
Same issue with the cube, by porting over something that totally covers the head, you don't have to worry about the scaling issue. The other mallow costume shows what happens when you try and do this but don't have the scaling set right.
The Cacodemon/Mallow Mii costumes aren't like this.
Wouldn't the Cacodemon be exactly the same as this? I haven't tried to mod Ultimate, but I would imagine the face is set to always be present unless you specifically go in an toggle it to disappear, so the Cacodemon hat would be the same as a helmet just with a chunk missing out of the center. Likewise, i feel like if you have the knowledge in porting the hat you'd probably know how to fix the misalignment of the mallow hat.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
Well, at the very least we are making some significant progress in the Smash modding scene, while trying to figure out if a leak is fake or not.
Broke: Leaking characters to stir speculation.
Woke: Leaking characters to be the next Grinch.
Bespoke: Leaking characters to make breakthroughs in the Smash modding scene.

Droodle

Smash Lord
I think we can say that we are in a state of limbo. It is impossible to conclude if the leak is real or not, without more evidence.

D

Deleted member

Gonna confess that I did the same months ago at the Banjo thread back when Google Theory happened.

But here I am now, at a spot where everyone forgot that ever happened!
Heh, you do know I'm still quite new around here.

D

Deleted member

Yeah I'm checking out on this ****. The only thing that's new is that it's now clear that it's more easily fakeable than we thought, but not that it is fake
The arguments for either side are just gonna continue going in circles and at this point it could go either way

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Heh, you do know I'm still quite new around here.
So was I when that happened to me!

People here are willing to forgive other people for alledgedly doing “bad stuff”, because in the end the stuff we both did wasn’t as awful as we imagined!

D

Deleted member

If the leak is real, certain people will be VERY toxic.
If the leak is fake, certain people will be VERY toxic.

Really reminds me of Grinch leak 2.0.
I typically stay around the social thread. It's not the most healthy place in the world, but they're typically positive toward any Smash reveal. Very little Hero and Terry hate, though, everybody expected Terry anyways.

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
And it’s Wii Fit Trainer.
Yes, plenty of spirits DO include playable characters in them! Thanks! All the more reason the notion that Spirits Deconfirm is a bunch of bull****!
There's a difference between an image being included in a spirit and BEING a spirit. "Mario (Mario Tennis)", "Deep Breathing" and "Oil Panic" are not the same as "Geno". I'm not even trying to argue that spirits deconfirm characters, because I've never had an opinion about that, but your argument and examples are very flimsy.

D

Deleted member

So was I when that happened to me!

People here are willing to forgive other people for alledgedly doing “bad stuff”, because in the end the stuff we both did wasn’t as awful as we imagined!
Was what I did that awful?

I typically stay around the social thread. It's not the most healthy place in the world, but they're typically positive toward any Smash reveal. Very little Hero and Terry hate, though, everybody expected Terry anyways.
Heh. Probably.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
If any of the videos don't get taken down on Youtube by Nintendo by tonight. I'd say the rumor is done for.

Nintendo rarely takes down pictures, mainly because Nintendo employees rarely go to sites where leak pictures are posted, while videos are mainly on Youtube which Nintendo frequently uses. The ESRB pictures were never DMCA'd, but once video footage popped up, Nintendo sent the Ninjas.

D

Deleted member

Man I just hope they announce a Smash direct tomorrow :(
Same.

Why the helk am I sounding normal right now? I should still be in despair...oh nevermind.

Nah!

Datboigeno tends to overreact and get too excited about Geno-related stuff.
Everyone else at the thread was actually interested on helping you a bit but sadly had to stay on-topic.
Sigh...well, that's thier community for ya

D

Deleted member

Same.

Why the helk am I sounding normal right now? I should still be in despair...oh nevermind.

Sigh...well, that's thier community for ya
Yeah, people are too rude sometimes.

But believe me that many of us are deeply open to helping you out with your stuff!

In fact, I’m gonna share something with you in a moment!

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I kind of figured it was possible to port stuff over to Smash Ultimate for Mii costumes but no one has even went out of their way to acknowledge the quality of the models on the Cacodemon or Mallow hats.

Like I said, the Cacodemon looking LIKE THAT tells me it's real. That's literally the one thing I've been focused on and until someone shows me where exactly that model came from I'm going to stick with my gut.

D

Deleted member

I kind of figured it was possible to port stuff over to Smash Ultimate for Mii costumes but no one has even went out of their way to acknowledge the quality of the models on the Cacodemon or Mallow hats.

Like I said, the Cacodemon looking LIKE THAT tells me it's real. That's literally the one thing I've been focused on and until someone shows me where exactly that model came from I'm going to stick with my gut.
Like I said, they look really good. If it's fake, I'm gonna follow the guy who makes them.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
and how many of those spirits are actually playable?

Wii Fit and Game & Watch: None spirits are called Wii Fit Trainer or Mr. Game & Watch besides the fighter spirits.
Mario Tennis Aces spirits, Meta Ridley and K. Rool's disguises: Can't play as these costumes
Link and Zelda: Canonically different characters

anything I missed, or are none of the spirits actually playable?
There's a difference between an image being included in a spirit and BEING a spirit. "Mario (Mario Tennis)", "Deep Breathing" and "Oil Panic" are not the same as "Geno". I'm not even trying to argue that spirits deconfirm characters, because I've never had an opinion about that, but your argument and examples are very flimsy.
My argument was that people that try to deconfirm all spirits based on "Muh Lore" or "Muh Canon", are clearly cherrypicking and pulling things out of their a** when there are so many other canon contradictions inherently present in Smash already.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
I personally believe that those costumes are the real deal. We'll obv just have to wait and see tho.

Here are my questions: Will Doomslayer and Geno be fighters, or Sans Mii Costumes w/ tracks?

Would they reveal Doomslayer as #5, then drop a Cacodemon costume with Terry? I'm not sure... I'd personally love to see the slayer as #5, but I personally do not take the Cacodemon costume as anything close to a confirmation (fighter-wise)

Calamitas

Smash Champion
I wonder how many of the (currently) 118 guests viewing this thread are frantically hitting F5 in the hopes of finding out something new about the leak, or some more evidence for and against it.
Only to be disappointed by the fact that we seem to be going pages without any interesting new developments.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I'll do that if Sakurai livestreams Geno getting publicly executed. Otherwise, I'm fighting Panda to the death. The usual everyday routine, really.
local man comes at panda for a scuffle; forgets panda has p5r spoilers as pocket sand

D

Deleted member

I'll do that if Sakurai livestreams Geno getting publicly executed. Otherwise, I'm fighting Panda to the death. The usual everyday routine, really.
Well, I wouldn't mind too.

Doomslayers in, I can’t believe it, I always said I thought it would happen but I didn’t mean it, I’m SO HAPPY!!!!:happysheep::disco::pikachu::yeahboi::ghost088::kirby::bowser::samus::dk::lucina::link:
Don't count your chickens till they hatch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom