• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daeyrat

Smash Journeyman
So basically Artsy Omni 2.0?

Welp, so who is ready for Mii costumified? See how all your favourite characters would look like as mii costumes!
I for one don't know anything about it
it was just hypothesis
this wasn't even a mod discord or anything. it was a regular smash character discord

D

Deleted member

I for one don't know anything about it
it was just hypothesis
this wasn't even a mod discord or anything. it was a regular smash character discord
So basically we're now in "he said, she said," territory? Ah ****. I'm ducking out of this now. Someone @ me when we find something more concrete.

Untouch

Smash Master
Vishera is saying he thinks its fake because Nintendo hasn't taken the footage down. I don't think they ever did for the Ken leak though, and they took a ****load of time to take the SNK leak down.
I don't think he 100% knows.

Sabi thinks it's real.
image0[1].png

Last edited:

AmphabulouSnake

Smash Journeyman
IMO the only way to prove this leak is fake is if the "REAL" leaker comes out "THEMSELF", and not "my uncle works at Nintendo" guy

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
As I said before I'm neutral towards the leak and I don't have any type of attachment for Geno or Doomslayer, so I wouldn't be exactly upset if the leak turns to be fake. But yeah, that screenshoot doesn't destroy the leak. I at least don't know these people, and of course we all know how easy is to make fake screenshoots, like the fake screenshoots of Sabi saying things in his discord the last months.

Not saying they're lying or something, but that's not enough evidence to take down the leak. Even with that I'm still very neutral about it.

D

Deleted member

Vishera is saying he thinks its fake because Nintendo hasn't taken the footage down. I don't think they ever did for the Ken leak though, and they took a ****load of time to take the SNK leak down.

Sabi thinks it's real.
View attachment 244993
Ah ****. You know we're in the dark when we're listening to Sabi again.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master

Sabi thinks it's real.
Well, confirmation will come soon, at least.

I really hope it's not fake at this point, if only because it's one of the only good speculation moments that happened in this thread since SNK leak.

D

Deleted member

Can confirm the Geno thread are also in the dark about what's going on with this Vishera guy. Will say we're officially in "wait and see" mode again.

Last edited by a moderator:

AmphabulouSnake

Smash Journeyman
Y'all had me scared with all the "ah well, they'll do better next time :)"
EDIT : ALSO is the Sabi discord screenshot real?

Last edited:

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
Where is this from? Just curious.

But oof. If truly dead, I wish this had lasted longer. Things are way more fun when we have new stuff to discuss instead of the same **** over and over.
Eh... Most of the discussion garnered from this boils down to "Can it be faked?" "YES!/NO!", so in this particular instance, the 'leak' hasn't really offered much in the way of compelling discourse, IMO...

Especially since its content isn't really introducing anyone to anything new.

TheAJJohnson

Smash Journeyman
Some thoughts regarding this most recent leak:

1. People in this community make me laugh. If it's a text leak, it's garbage because images are way more concrete. If it's an image, it could be photoshopped, so we'll only believe it if we have a video. If it's a video, it could be a modded version of the game, so it's probably not real.
  2. Everyone is skeptical of the leak, which is how it should be. Until we have more information, it's hard to make a conclusion. However, as soon as someone claims it's fake, we disregard it completely? How do we not know that the person is lying about it being fake? I'll accept it as fake once we see a solid connection between the video and the creators of the video.
  3. Regarding the Mii costumes that were leaked, assuming they are legit, the cacodemon doesn't confirm Doomslayer's inclusion, just Bethesda's involvement. It's very possible that Dovakhiin was the chosen rep, or someone else for that matter. As for Mallow though...I can't say the same thing. If Mallow is in, then Geno is either a character or a costume.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Yeah, that's really not a good indication of whether it might be real or not, not only because the source is 4chan (which as far as I know don't get copyright takedowns), but also Nintendo are notoriously slow to take these things down. The ESRB leak was up on Youtube for days before it was taken down for example.

Daeyrat

Smash Journeyman
there is one thing that makes me believe this isn't official: these mii costumes were meant as a way to indicate geno and doomslayer.

I doubt the next direct will release terry and show the next 2 characters.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Eh... Most of the discussion garnered from this boils down to "Can it be faked?" "YES!/NO!", so in this particular instance, the 'leak' hasn't really offered much in the way of compelling discourse, IMO...

Especially since its content isn't really introducing anyone to anything new.
Honestly, this feels leagues above the usual discussions around "Smash Bubble", "toxicity", "dead characters" and "deservedness" as far as I'm concerned.

It feels like we're actually speculating on what might and might not happen in the game's future and even if both characters aren't new to the scene, I can't say I really care. Fake or real, possible to mod or not, it's been a fun ride for me.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
I initially found it weird that someone would leak the complimentary mii costumes that would accompany newcomers instead of just newcomers themselves if they have access to it, much like the Ken leak. Then I remembered that Terry wasn't even done yet when he was revealed. If the newcomers really are Doom and Geno it'd make sense that their playable models wouldn't even be ready to leak yet, but that the mii costumes would be.

Himiko

Smash Apprentice
Privileged. As long as you continue to have that word in your lexicon and blame it for the problems you face, you will continue to be unsatisfied with the roster (and your life). I promise that.

I truly mean no ill, I only mean to have good, productive conversations. And if I feel like I can improve someone's life in any way, especially with words, I have an obligation to say something, even if that thing is actually wrong (in which case time and people will correct me). And when it comes to my favorite game of all time, I'm definitely going to share my thoughts. But that's the joy of this thread, isn't it? I'm entitled to my opinion as you are to yours.
You literally used the word privilege first, then try to somehow skew my usage of it when I was merely acknowledging the fact you said that you felt a privilege. This seems like some desperate attempt of yours at sounding smart or seeming like you’re doing some sort of act of goodwill when really you’re just picking an argument with me for no good reason. Stop being ridiculous.

NotLiquid

Smash Lord
Sabi: "I think this could be real."

Also Sabi: "I think the Jonesy / Maxwell leak could be real."

Last edited:

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
> Mii costumes leak
> They might be modded
> What game features costumes you can mod in for your character?

Its Steve guys

Gamma Ray

Smash Apprentice

Sabi thinks it's real.
View attachment 244993
Doesn't look like the ride is over then, but I'm leaning more towards fake now. Vishera and the people on discord claiming to know the leakers makes me doubt it considerably at this point, even if we don't know who those discord people are. Sabi thinking it may be real doesn't mean anything because uninformed Sabi is generally always wrong.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

“Yo JDC! How has your Smash speculation day been like!?”

“It has gone with me on this mood:”

Untouch

Smash Master
Guess we wait until Sabi confirms/deconfirms or actual real footage comes out to debunk it then.

D

Deleted member

If it was, we wouldn't have gotten :ultisabelle::ultinkling::ultjoker::ulthero::ultincineroar: .
Wouldn't count Hero mainly because the alts plus small references to previous games (Hero's classic mode being based off of all of Dragon Quest 1) are definitely nostalgia pandering. I would also argue Joker giving us Persona 3 and 4 styled Mementos and victory screens is nostalgic as Hell.

Playstation Guy 1000

Smash Journeyman
on mii costume leak I'm leaning on neutral since it could be real due to mii costumes being difficult to mod but at the same time it could be just someone who just made them for themselves without making them public mods.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
It just seemed weird to see those kinds of Mii hats so early. Something smelled fishy. Like I said before, Terry isn't even out yet, why would we being seeing leaked footage of Doom stuff now? Then again, maybe they make Mii hats waaaay ahead of time before they are even close to being done with the fighter. I don't know what Sakurai's team's schedule is or how they go about doing things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom