• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
Well yeah as I said it doesn't have to be specifically targeted towards China it could be geared towards other demographics as well.

While that is something we could consider it doesn't have to mean that 2B will absolutely be in as any company would obviously want their character to be in Smash. Activision, Bethesda, Koei-Tecmo, Whoever I'm sure if approached by Sakurai nobody (except for Sony maybe) would decline. Plus aren't Yoko Taro and Sakurai friends anyways?

Certainly! If Sakurai meeting various third-party game devs meant that he was implementing their characters, Travis Touchdown would have been in the game as a playable character by now. Though given how hungry Square-Enix is right now in milking Nier, a possibility of setting up a meeting between Sakurai and Yoko Taro to entertain a possible Smash collaboration wouldn't be out of the question. Though he and Sakurai follow each other on Twitter, Yoko stated on Twitter that he has never met Sakurai up close before.

It is very clear that Yosuke Saito (the producer is question) is making an active effort to entertain a collaboration for Smash. But as I said before, there's not much he can do if Sakurai declines.

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Well if Vergeben is looking into it I guess we would know something soon. Maybe not who is fighter 5, maybe his source doesn't know yet who is the next character, but maybe that source knows the company involved, for example.

Or maybe his source won't tell him anything because he doesn't know anything at this point lol

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Sabi isn't a bad person guys, she's not trying to bait anyone and as a person who works closely with her I can also back up her C&D is legitimate and she sent me documentation from lawyers as proof.

Please stop conspiring about her, she's just as curious as we are and I can say with 100% certainty that she can be trusted.

That is all.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Well it doesn't have to be China specifically I've just seen a trend with the DLC characters and them reaching into different demographics globally with Joker kind of being the worldwide character, Hero being the Japanese pick, Banjo being the American pick and Terry being the Latino pick.

I feel like FP5 will continue that trend with a Chinese targeted character or some other character selected based off of demographics be it China, Korean or whatever else.
Terry also appeals to the Chinese.

SNEKeater

Smash Master

5 Tetris spirits coming to Smash this weekend

L block deconfirmed :(

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

Doesn't it feel stingy to have only 5 Spirits instead of 6? I mean... It's 6 Tetrominoes you guys. Wasn't that much work.

Regardless I'm glad to see Tetris represented, gives me hope that we might get a stage someday. I wonder how it'll be implemented though...

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

Legit flipped my **** when I saw this.

Her time is coming soon bois

D

Deleted member

Tetris character... ...lose
Pensive emoji smashboards.png

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Doesn't it feel stingy to have only 5 Spirits instead of 6? I mean... It's 6 Tetrominoes you guys. Wasn't that much work.

Regardless I'm glad to see Tetris represented, gives me hope that we might get a stage someday. I wonder how it'll be implemented though...
Aren't there 7 Tetronimoes?

2 Zs
2 Ls
T block
Line
Square

The Zs and Ls will likely be paired together.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

Ugh, FINALLY, they give us the content we REALLY want.

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord

This is so sad, can we get an F in the chat for our boy Tetromino?

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC

Aw shucks.

apparently Sabi made the Jonesy leak for a dare.
If so, that bet should have never been done. It's a lose-lose for everyone. Making a fake leak for a bet hurts their credibility and integrity. How will I know if Sabi is telling the truth or they're making something up next time? It also hurts everyone who followed it; supporters got hyped up for no reason and the goose chase burns everyone out.

There's a very good reason why you don't see other insiders and leakers do this kind of stuff.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I thought we all agreed Spirits don't deconfirm fighters? So Tetris Block is still in the running!
While I don't think they're gonna keep a character out because of a glorified sticker, some people have made a good point: "why would they add them as a Spirit if they're planning to add them as a fighter?" I don't think any base-game Spirits affect Season 2 DLC, since Sakurai may have revisited a few characters later on when more DLC started planning, but new Spirits likely will.

and base-game Spirits may not have mattered for the current Fighters Pass regardless since we don't really know when they were chosen/when the third-party ones were negotiated, but it turns out the Fighters Pass may not have a single Spirit character anyway.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Wait, I'm confused. Didn't majority of the people here on this site believes that Spirits doesn't deconfirm their chances? Not saying I'm one of them but it baffles me.
This is different, these Spirits are being added post-launch, that’s why we see them as less likely.

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace

A Tetrimino fighter was actually one of my most wanted charcters. I always thought it could've made for a super silly character pick while also representing the most iconic puzzle game franchise in the world.
Kind of a shame, but it was always a long shot anyway.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
This is different, these Spirits are being added post-launch, that’s why we see them as less likely.
Yeah, I seriously doubt they would drop a DLC Spirit for an upcoming fighter. Definetely wouldn't make sense. Whereas base game spirits were probably decided and implemented long before plans for DLC began.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
The Tetris spirits really shine a light on the fact that, up until now, the only Tetris content we had was a couple of remixes of Type A and Type B from Brawl, which is a bit small for one of the best selling video game series of all time.

I still think that, if Dr. Mario still isn't gonna get a stage, then a Tetris stage where players fight in the pit the Tetriminoes fall into would be silly casual fun.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I guess that makes more sense but in a way I don't see why base Spirits should be treated any different though.
Because those are all planned at launch while DLC is something more subject to change, if they were going to add a DLC Spirit as a character, why wouldn’t they just wait till then?

KillerCage

Smash Master
Sorry I'm late in responding to these!

In y'all opinions, what's the legitimacy of this Sabi person? I mean they got hit with a cease & desist, I'd figured all their sources would be fried and whatever Nintendo employee/ambassador was leaking information would be prosecuted? Seems like now, they would just be a hive for spreading mis-information.
I thought Sabi was a creditable "leaker" BEFORE she got the cease & desist letter during E3.
Afterwards I cannot take her word as reliable gossip especially after the shenanigans she pulled during the whole "SNK leak" fiasco.
While I'm on the topic, I see PapaGenos as a very reliable "reporter" as he compiles information very efficiently and only covers leaks and theories that have ACTUAL evidence to back them up.
I trust PapaGenos; I don't trust Sabi.

So with Hayabusa, Crash, Reimu and Tracer out of the picture for DLC fighter 5. Who do you guys think it could be?

Until Vergeben says otherwise I think there's the surprise of it being Agumon or someone from Capcom.
I think Crash and Tracer is dead in the water; this is not the case for Hayabusa and Reimu.
As for who else FP5 could be, I believe Doom Slayer and Phoenix Wright have a pretty good shot at getting the spot.

Kazooie is a girl...
Please don't bring up this can of worms again...

Sabi isn't a bad person guys, she's not trying to bait anyone and as a person who works closely with her I can also back up her C&D is legitimate and she sent me documentation from lawyers as proof.

Please stop conspiring about her, she's just as curious as we are and I can say with 100% certainty that she can be trusted.

That is all.
I wish I could be on your side.
I have no doubt that her C&D was legit, but I believe her credibility was compromised by that letter.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Honestly I was convinced that if we got any stage-only DLC a Tetris themed one had an extremely high chance, especially with the success/popularity of Tetris 99 and how it’s tied directly to Nintendo.

Regardless it’s cool that Tetris finally has some physical presence in Smash outside of the old music tracks, given how important a video game it is and how much of an icon to the Game Boy it was (and still is).
I just wish the Spirit List wasn’t such a mess, especially towards the bottom.
Seriously why couldn’t they slip the Tokles spirit in with the rest of the DQ spirits instead of having it come after the BK ones it drives me crazy

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I know it's a 4chan leak but I find it funny because it mentions a Tetris stage. It was posted before the Smash tweet about the new spirits, it's from a few days ago:

http://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/481496694/nintendo-direct-on-november-13th-will-focus

The text:
>Nintendo Direct on November 13th. Will focus primarily on Pokémon Sword & Shield, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, and Super Smash Bros Ultimate.

>Starts with a beach with a TNT crate. Reveals Crash Bandicoot as the final fighter of the Fighters Pass, releasing in December. Terry is showcased for a bit, and will be released later that day for Smash Bros. Mii costumes are shown (Geese Howard [Fatal Fury], Haohmaru [Samurai Shodown], Marco Rossi [Metal Slug], Byleth [Fire Emblem: Three Houses], and Akira [Astral Chain]). A Minecraft stage is shown with blocks that you can attack, which will break them into smaller items that you can pick up. You can throw these and the block will place where it lands. A Creeper comes in and destroys a large portion of the stage. It's announced that a Minecraft DLC will be released in December for $4.99, which will include the stage, a Creeper assist trophy, music, and a Mii Costume. Fighters Pass 2 is announced available to purchase later that day at the same price as the first one, and this will be the final set of DLC for Smash Ultimate. Purchasing Fighters Pass 2 gives you a Tetris stage. Smash section ends with the screen getting slashed and an image of a katana sticking in the ground, hinting at, but not showing or revealing, Ryu Hayabusa.

>Pokémon section starts by revealing the final evolutions for the starter Pokémon. Scorbunny evolves into a humanoid rabbit with a soccer ball. Sobble evolves into a humanoid chameleon spy. Grookey evolves into a large gorilla with a giant drum. A new ghost/water ghost-ship and a fire/grass goat with a pan flute are announced as version exclusive Pokémon. The Pokémon section ends with a space-dolphin being revealed as a legendary, although the type is unknown.

>Animal Crossing starts by focusing on all of the villagers, revealing that every villager from every Animal Crossing will be in the game. Talks about crafting and multiplayer for a bit as well as new amiibo cards that allow you to bring that villager to your town to visit with an exclusive gift, and you can try to convince them to move in. You can expand not only your house, but also your entire town. The final town upgrade allows you to have up to 24 villagers in your city.

It's probably nothing because it has too many details. But when I saw the Tetris spirits I thought about this 4chan post.

Last edited:

Plank08

Smash Lord
The only leaker I trust is Papagenos, Vergeben too, these leaked are getting too confusing that our best bets are to cut our losses and wait until a viable leaker gives us their 100% answer, until then, I’m sick of running in circles.

ArchRanger

Smash Apprentice
You just threw a bomb and it's about to splode.
I swear every time I see the Kazooie is girl thing being brought up in this discussion, people make it out like she's somehow the embodiment of estrogen.
Like can we just say that Banjo & Kazooie are they and not he or she? Is it that hard?
Ah ****, here we go again
please don't be that person
Do I have to make a 5-page essay for this?
Who's Kazooie
Please don't bring up this can of worms again...
Ok, curiosity has gotten the best of me and I apologize if asking about this is taboo around here (seeing as I've only been lurking around here for a couple of weeks and for a few weeks before E3 to see if the B&K leak was real) but can someone link me to a post or explain why acknowledging Kazooie as a girl is such a bad thing or treated as walking in mine field? I can understand the frustration of treating her as equal of getting a fully playable female character but there seems to be a lot more going on with this then just that with how everyone is reacting. B&K is my favorite character and would just like to understand why there is this stigma around them.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Sabi clarified some stuffs:

https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior-ha-ha-geno-1-in-multi-discord-poll.446378/page-1542#post-23610967

nothing about the Terry stuff and the lie about Vergeben, though. I'll just chalk it up as being mistakes.

I know it's a 4chan leak but I find it funny because it mentions a Tetris stage. It was posted before the Smash tweet about the new spirits, it's from a few days ago:

http://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/481496694/nintendo-direct-on-november-13th-will-focus

The text:
>Nintendo Direct on November 13th. Will focus primarily on Pokémon Sword & Shield, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, and Super Smash Bros Ultimate.

>Starts with a beach with a TNT crate. Reveals Crash Bandicoot as the final fighter of the Fighters Pass, releasing in December. Terry is showcased for a bit, and will be released later that day for Smash Bros. Mii costumes are shown (Geese Howard [Fatal Fury], Haohmaru [Samurai Shodown], Marco Rossi [Metal Slug], Byleth [Fire Emblem: Three Houses], and Akira [Astral Chain]). A Minecraft stage is shown with blocks that you can attack, which will break them into smaller items that you can pick up. You can throw these and the block will place where it lands. A Creeper comes in and destroys a large portion of the stage. It's announced that a Minecraft DLC will be released in December for $4.99, which will include the stage, a Creeper assist trophy, music, and a Mii Costume. Fighters Pass 2 is announced available to purchase later that day at the same price as the first one, and this will be the final set of DLC for Smash Ultimate. Purchasing Fighters Pass 2 gives you a Tetris stage. Smash section ends with the screen getting slashed and an image of a katana sticking in the ground, hinting at, but not showing or revealing, Ryu Hayabusa.

>Pokémon section starts by revealing the final evolutions for the starter Pokémon. Scorbunny evolves into a humanoid rabbit with a soccer ball. Sobble evolves into a humanoid chameleon spy. Grookey evolves into a large gorilla with a giant drum. A new ghost/water ghost-ship and a fire/grass goat with a pan flute are announced as version exclusive Pokémon. The Pokémon section ends with a space-dolphin being revealed as a legendary, although the type is unknown.

>Animal Crossing starts by focusing on all of the villagers, revealing that every villager from every Animal Crossing will be in the game. Talks about crafting and multiplayer for a bit as well as new amiibo cards that allow you to bring that villager to your town to visit with an exclusive gift, and you can try to convince them to move in. You can expand not only your house, but also your entire town. The final town upgrade allows you to have up to 24 villagers in your city.

It's probably nothing because it has too many details. But when I saw the Tetris spirits I thought about this 4chan post.
It's likely not real, but I'll be happy with a Minecraft stage even if I'd be disappointed in Steve not being a fighter. A full-body mii costume will suck, though, because either it will have weird bendy yet still blocky limbs, or it won't even be like Minecraft at all except for Steve's head; and I can guarantee some people who tried to gatekeep Steve will complain if they don't want to look like hypocrites since some of their arguments also apply to this stuff (despite said, certain arguments being 100% based on their own opinion so it was just stupid to try and push them as actual arguments to annoy people).

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Well, **** now I feel bad because, well maybe Sabi ain't acting so weird actually...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom