• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

On the plus side, if you don't like an inclusion, you can always buy them and use them as a punching bag like Gwen does.
I do not. I don't like them being used as mere punching bags. And I don't want to buy content I'm not worth using.

Look, I'm sick of being frustrated as hell with this. Every day becomes a struggle as I try to hope that FP5 is a female. It's practically simple, and by now everyone kmows my frustration. I'm just orayibg desperately every day for those leaks to be fake, for all those rumors to be debunked, just for the simple request of a female, which I have discussed thoroughly and thoroughly.

I really want to buy this pass. I really want to purchase this additional content, but if Nintendo cannot give me anything that I cannot associate myself with as a feminist, then my hopes and dreams have been shattered. I'm doing my part, and if it all comes to pass, I will not hand this glorious game company my money and my workforce, and boycott this pass.

It was just a simple request that spiraled into a grave demand. I don't want to be done with this. If you're telling me that there is still Season 2, then I'm sorry, I won't buy that either.

I can't believe this. P***** I**.

D

Deleted member

I never got an answer whether or not I can say what they called here but I can vouch for credibility, as could you if you looked in the other channels
Can you PM it or should I not be in the loop? I'll keep a secret.

I do not. I don't like them being used as mere punching bags. And I don't want to buy content I'm not worth using.

Look, I'm sick of being frustrated as hell with this. Every day becomes a struggle as I try to hope that FP5 is a female. It's practically simple, and by now everyone kmows my frustration. I'm just orayibg desperately every day for those leaks to be fake, for all those rumors to be debunked, just for the simple request of a female, which I have discussed thoroughly and thoroughly.

I really want to buy this pass. I really want to purchase this additional content, but if Nintendo cannot give me anything that I cannot associate myself with as a feminist, then my hopes and dreams have been shattered. I'm doing my part, and if it all comes to pass, I will not hand this glorious game company my money and my workforce, and boycott this pass.

It was just a simple request that spiraled into a grave demand. I don't want to be done with this. If you're telling me that there is still Season 2, then I'm sorry, I won't buy that either.

I can't believe this. P***** I**.
Sorry, but if you're trying to make the evidence force your narrative, you're gonna be beyond frustrated with Smash speculation. I've read enough on the Grinch leak to understand this.

Though, I don't understand why you wont buy second season even if it included characters like 2B or Lara Croft.

D

Deleted member

Though, I don't understand why you wont buy second season even if it included characters like 2B or Lara Croft
What I mean to say is that I've set my expectation lower than the pits of Tartarus.

Sorry, but if you're trying to make the evidence force your narrative, you're gonna be beyond frustrated with Smash speculation. I've read enough on the Grinch leak to understand this.
This is basically telling me that my request is beyond hopeless.

20191015_065047.jpg

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
On top of that, every FE character in Smash so far has used their appearance and abilities from the start of their games. Corrin's sword is the only exception. So we're potentially looking at pre-timeskip appearance and abilities.
Just wanted to point out that this is actually totally wrong. Ignoring Lucina (who uses the Parallel Falchion exclusively) and Robin (who doesn't have a prf weapon), every Fire Emblem character in Smash uses their endgame weapon if they have one, excluding Chrom (who has the excuse of asset reuse for using the Sealed Falchion over the Exalted Falchion). Marth, Roy, Ike, and Corrin all use their endgame weapons. If Edelgard got in she would absolutely use Aymr.

D

Deleted member

What I mean to say is that I've set my expectation lower than the pits of Tartarus.
As someone who was pissed at PPlant but loved the DLC, I'd say something is bound to peak your interest at some point. Hell, that's the entire point of second season. More fighters mean more opportunities.
This is basically telling me that my request is beyond hopeless
Requesting is unproductive. They already decided Fighter #5 and all the leaks can do is tell us who it might be.

D

Deleted member

As someone who was pissed at PPlant but loved the DLC, I'd say something is bound to peak your interest at some point. Hell, that's the entire point of second season. More fighters mean more opportunities.

Requesting is unproductive. They already decided Fighter #5 and all the leaks can do is tell us who it might be.
Every. Day. I. Get. Sick. Of. These. More. Oppurtunities.

I am sooooo pessimistic about this stuff. I think negatively a lot. Every day, I think of the worst possible scenarios.

You're all sick of me, I know that. You might as well all want a female character just for me to shut up or else something bad might happen to me.

I am sick of being thrown all these leaks just to give us guesses. I want answers. Answers. Straight-to-the-point, no nonsense taken, completely true answers. I don't want guesses anymore.

Tell me, is Hayabusa really the FP5, 100% true and viable? Yes, or no? Straight to the point.

Last edited by a moderator:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Just wanted to point out that this is actually totally wrong. Ignoring Lucina (who uses the Parallel Falchion exclusively) and Robin (who doesn't have a prf weapon), every Fire Emblem character in Smash uses their endgame weapon if they have one, excluding Chrom (who has the excuse of asset reuse for using the Sealed Falchion over the Exalted Falchion). Marth, Roy, Ike, and Corrin all use their endgame weapons. If Edelgard got in she would absolutely use Aymr.
I forgot that the Exalted Falchion looked different...Now I want him to have it.

Also, the Levin Sword isn't obtainable till mid-late game if that counts.

D

Deleted member

Every. Day. I. Get. Sick. Of. These. More. Oppurtunities.

I am sooooo pessimistic about this stuff. I think negatively a lot. Every day, I think of the worst possible scenarios.

You're all sick of me, I know that. You might as well all want a female character just for me to shut up or else something bad might happen to me.

I am sick of being thrown all these leaks just to give us guesses. I want answers. Answers. Straight-to-the-point, no nonsense taken, completely true answers. I don't want guesses anymore.

Tell me, is Hayabusa really the FP5, 100% true and viable? Yes, or no? Straight to the point.
Nothing is 100% until Sakurai reveals the fighter. If you don't want nonsense, speculation might not be for you.

Poopyhead

Smash Cadet
So what are the characters left with evidence at this point, if we consider Ryu/Crash/Reimu cancelledt? From what I understand there's Geno with the take down of the SMRPG music by Nintendo, Lloyd with the new Tales symbols, and does Doomguy have any potential evidence or is he just highly speculated?

KatKit

Smash Lord
User was warned for censor dodging
I don't believe the 'Jill was shot down for being a cop' thing (or any DLC leak in this cycle that wasn't a datamine or other Nintendo blunder), but I do find it funny that one (fake) leak said Claire Redfield was in, and how unlike Leon, Chris, and Jill, she's not a cop.

I'm sticking to my guns and thinking Phoenix Wright. The rumors of 2B are super tantalizing but I'm not gonna hold my breath. She's a pipe dream.
Phoenix Wright is a safe bet, relatively speaking, and I'm down if it happens. I'm out of the loop; 2B's in the rumor mill now? Ohohoho. Or is it just the same old (legitimate) reasons people guess why she'd make it in.

X-factor of a first party coming out of nowhere.
"X" factor, huh? I see what you did there.

-image removed, please don't censor dodge-

Edit: Oops... Welp, new image then:

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
800 pages, woo!

Considering how much speculation has moved in the past three days alone, I'd guess that CP5 has a good chance of being revealed right after Terry's release and not at the Game Awards or another event.

What gets me the most is: when will we get news for post Pass? Will it be at that same ""Direct"" or will it be spearheaded by another surprise reveal at an unrelated event and explained later on?

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I forgot that the Exalted Falchion looked different...Now I want him to have it.

Give Chrom his 1000 degree knife, Sakurai.

Ss_fe13_chrom_wielding_exalted_falchion.png

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So what are the characters left with evidence at this point, if we consider Ryu/Crash/Reimu cancelledt? From what I understand there's Geno with the take down of the SMRPG music by Nintendo, Lloyd with the new Tales symbols, and does Doomguy have any potential evidence or is he just highly speculated?
Actually based on an recent post by an leaker or insider whoever Ryu's back on the table.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I don't believe the 'Jill was shot down for being a cop' thing (or any DLC leak in this cycle that wasn't a datamine or other Nintendo blunder), but I do find it funny that one (fake) leak said Claire Redfield was in, and how unlike Leon, Chris, and Jill, she's not a cop.

Phoenix Wright is a safe bet, relatively speaking, and I'm down if it happens. I'm out of the loop; 2B's in the rumor mill now? Ohohoho. Or is it just the same old (legitimate) reasons people guess why she'd make it in.

"X" factor, huh? I see what you did there.

-image removed, please don't censor dodge-
Eyyyyy!! :4pacman:

The 2B stuff is just the usual things that point to her making sense - popular character, Sakurai loves the series, recent meetings, big in crossovers, the usual. But again, she's someone like Joker was for me where until she's confirmed I'll say she's impossible so I can be surprised.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Maybe because Capcom would develop PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale 2 ?
If Capcom develops that instead of finally making Capcom Versus., I don't even...

So with Hayabusa, Crash, Reimu and Tracer out of the picture for DLC fighter 5. Who do you guys think it could be?
None of those are out of the picture because the people deconfirming them DON'T KNOW ANYTHING.

The fifth fighter will be the friends we made along the way.
The location of Final Destination...it's inside your heart.

Last edited:

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Leon and Jill may be more iconic, but Claire has the clear advantage of not being a narc.
Also I know thar person probably meant business politics, but the idea of Jill being denied for real-world political reasons is way funnier to me and is the personal headcanon I'm running with for this dumb leak

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Eyyyyy!! :4pacman:

The 2B stuff is just the usual things that point to her making sense - popular character, Sakurai loves the series, recent meetings, big in crossovers, the usual. But again, she's someone like Joker was for me where until she's confirmed I'll say she's impossible so I can be surprised.
the father, the son, and the holy spirit

1571757193074.png

also automata is getting featured left and right in soul calibur, square mobile games and is even the key focus of FF14's 24-man raid for the next two years
so all i'm saying is that 2B is absolutely next on the list for square's business priorities

Calamitas

Smash Champion
D

Deleted member

You get the levin sword as soon as you finish the first third of the story.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I'm thinking Dovahkiin will get in before Doomguy.

Mark my words.
Broke: Doom Slayer
Woke: Dovahkiin
Bespoke: Vault Boy (he sadly has no chance in hell tho rip... I love Fallout ok sue me)

So with Hayabusa, Crash, Reimu and Tracer out of the picture for DLC fighter 5. Who do you guys think it could be?

Until Vergeben says otherwise I think there's the surprise of it being Agumon or someone from Capcom.
It MIGHT be Capcom, but not anyone from RE if the “fell through” statement is true. Maybe Sakurai couldn’t translate a RE character to Smash for whatever reason. But uhhh Phoenix Wright? Amaterasu? Viewtiful Joe?

or you know, since he has two games on Switch now... Dante???

that Jeuxvideo post ES. Dinah ES. Dinah posted the other day almost makes me think that person had insider info (most insiders had the name Erdrick for Hero, and NOBODY woulda guessed Terry before this September when the SNK trademark showed up) so... maybe KOS-MOS?? She’s been in the Project X Zone games, Xenoblade 2, etc. maybe it’s gearing her up for the Big One(TM)

OR we could get the biggest surprise of all: a Nintendo character

D

Deleted member

the father, the son, and the holy spirit

View attachment 243094

also automata is getting featured left and right in soul calibur, square mobile games and is even the key focus of FF14's 24-man raid for the next two years
so all i'm saying is that 2B is absolutely next on the list for square's business priorities
2B or not 2B? That is the question.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Wild cards would be

2B
Agumon
Amaterasu (I can keep hoping)
Chosen Undead
Dovahkiin
KOS-MOS
Yoshimitsu
Yuri Lowell/Velvet Crowe

Just to name a few. Anyone other potential wild cards?

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
(Before anyone asks, I made that Elma render myself)
That is the derpiest picture of Elma I've ever seen. lol

It's her expression that does this though. The quality of the render is amazing.

You get the levin sword as soon as you finish the first third of the story.
Wait what?
*Looks at inventory*
*Sees two Levin Swords*
Huh...

(If you're wondering how I could forget about these weapons I'll just say that you're talking to someone who's managed to kill 12 characters before Chapter 19...On easy mode.)

D

Deleted member

(If you're wondering how I could forget about these weapons I'll just say that you're talking to someone who's managed to kill 12 characters before Chapter 19...On easy mode.)
:ultrobin:: "Now that's strategy."

Last edited by a moderator:

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Wild cards would be

2B
Agumon
Amaterasu (I can keep hoping)
Chosen Undead
Dovahkiin
KOS-MOS
Yoshimitsu
Yuri Lowell/Velvet Crowe

Just to name a few. Anyone other potential wild cards?
Professor Layton is one of those potential throw everyone off-guard characters for me. I think he'd be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom