• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If the character you're comparing a candidate to isn't Marth, you're doing it wrong.

Like I mean Savvy Stylist is obviously Slightly Less Fabulous Marth

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
I'm actually both impressed and kind of glad that the Super Crown/Bowsette has still managed to last this long. Most memes die after like a month or 2, but they've managed to persevere.
It managed to get referenced in a Hyperdimension Neptunia OVA too, alongside Booette.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I never expected anything to top last year's Blizzcon but oooh boy. This will be something.

People generally try to forget that game existed. It's a very nice tradition and I'm saddened to see you disregard it so.
Work has been super boring so I needed "My wife is now my robotic arm" to keep me.going yesterday. And I am far too punky to like tradition

KatKit

Smash Lord
Everytime the Super Crown gets mentioned, it reminds me of Midnight Bliss. Which reminds me of Capcom's biggest missed opportunity: female Dhalsim.

That's a way more interesting design, IMO.

Even though there are more plausible ways to work around it, I kinda want them to keep hatless Terry's animations the same, and have Sakurai explain it like "What? He's use to wearing a hat. Old habits die hard" or something.
I take this back. You've inherited a lot from your two dads, Rock, so the least you can do is let Garou Terry borrow that hair flip animation for Smash.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Just wanna remind you all that Monster Hunter is still a thing. Rathalos appearing as a boss doesn't invalidate the Hunter's chances in season 2, especially with how no other Monster Hunter content is available in the game besides the dragon. There are no spirits of other monsters and characters, just Rathalos. And the only music that is available are the ones related to the Rathalos boss fight.

If Rathalos truly was all what we were getting in relations to Monster Hunter then you'd think we'd get more content related to the series no?
I always thought the same. And it would be weird actually if the Hunter was totally excluded. They made a move set for another fighting game for the Hunter right? It's one of the last remaining franchises with a big connection to Nintendo. I'm still kind of expecting Monster Hunter to be the 5th character on the Fighter Pass actually.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Alright. We all know that Terry is Hat Ken (or buff Pokemon Trainer according to the young Japanese audience), Banjo-Kazooie is Duck Hunt 2.0, Hero is Fire Emblem Goku, and Joker is edgy Shulk.

For the sake of having fun, what dumb and silly nicknames/comparisons would you probably see for certain characters? For example, Heihachi is Boomer Ryu, Hayabusa is Black Sheik, Geno is Wooden Mega Man, Master Chief and Doom Slayer are Green Samus, and Tracer is yellow Bayo.
Oh yes it would be my man!

Sgt. time travelling, space marine himself!
Cueball Marth!
No...? Okay.
Cueball Marth.png

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
It's one of the last remaining franchises with a big connection to Nintendo.
Hol' up. Are we talking like Capcom or in general? Because if we're talking in general we still have Ninja Gaiden, Rayman, Bomberman, Chrono Trigger, Series of Mana, Rabbids, No More Heroes, etc.

If we're just talking about Capcom then you still have stuff like especially Okami, especially Ace Attorney, Resident Evil, Viewtiful Joe, Final Fight, and even Ghosts & Goblins that still have a PRETTY strong connection with Nintendo. Monster Hunter is huge but it's definitely not one of the last series with big connections to Nintendo. There's a LOT of directions they can go.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
More nicknames:

Black Shadow - Captain Falcon Except He’s A Bull
Shantae - Genie Zero Suit Samus
Kasumi (P5R) - Ballerina Joker
Wonder Red - Gurren Lagann Captain Falcon
Viewtiful Joe - Smol Captain Falcon
Yuri Kozukata - Zelda If She Were In The Grudge

Last edited:

SirCamp

Smash Ace
Hol' up. Are we talking like Capcom or in general? Because if we're talking in general we still have Ninja Gaiden, Rayman, Bomberman, Chrono Trigger, Series of Mana, Rabbids, No More Heroes, etc.

If we're just talking about Capcom then you still have stuff like especially Okami, especially Ace Attorney, Resident Evil, Viewtiful Joe, Final Fight, and even Ghosts & Goblins that still have a PRETTY strong connection with Nintendo. Monster Hunter is huge but it's definitely not one of the last series with big connections to Nintendo. There's a LOT of directions they can go.
Don’t forget Story of Seasons! Everybody does it seems.

Also since we’re including series that already have content in Smash Mystical Ninja fits the bill as well. Though that one is markedly less likely for many reasons.

Last edited:

Dukemon

Smash Apprentice
I would like to give Terry (sounds like a dog food franchise) a haircut. O.o Guys with this long hair looks less attract to me. XD

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
After all the recent information, I believe that Lloyd is going to be one of the next DLC characters. Not Fighter 5, as I still think we're going to get Doom Slayer for that spot.
But Lloyd and Geno have the most going for them for post-Fighter's Pass DLC.

Last edited:

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
I know people REALLY don’t want a Blizzard character because of the terrible stuff they as a company have done, and I’m not disagreeing on that, but I highly doubt adding them in the game will damage Nintendo’s pride when they already have:
Microsoft(Watch VideoGameDunkys video)
Konami
Sega
I’m Probably missing a company.
Not to mention, wasn't the Dragon Quest music guy a total homophobe??

Sigman

Smash Cadet
Alright. We all know that Terry is Hat Ken (or buff Pokemon Trainer according to the young Japanese audience), Banjo-Kazooie is Duck Hunt 2.0, Hero is Fire Emblem Goku, and Joker is edgy Shulk.

For the sake of having fun, what dumb and silly nicknames/comparisons would you probably see for certain characters? For example, Heihachi is Boomer Ryu, Hayabusa is Black Sheik, Geno is Wooden Mega Man, Master Chief and Doom Slayer are Green Samus, and Tracer is yellow Bayo.
Black Shadow = Batman
A2 = Edgy Elma/Machine Monokuma
Elma = KOS-MOS/KOS-MOS’s Mother
Master Aqua = Edgy Robin/Humanized Monokuma
DOOM Guy = Edgy Master Chief
Edelgard = Elma with an Axe
Dante = White Haired Joker
Hayabusa = Sword Ryu
Star Man = David Bowie
Big Daddy = Drill Bowser
KOS-MOS = Elma V.5/Elma’s daughter
Fei Fong Wong = Punchy Pneuma
Dovahkiin = Black Shadow
Master Chief = The Real Samus
Mach Rider = Samus's cousin
Lara Croft = Whipless Indiana Jones
Liquid Snake = Sunglasses #1 Fan
Scorpion = Savage Sheik
Pious Augustus = Scarier Sans
Lolo = Blue Kirby
Geralt = Sword Big Boss
Heihachi = Revolver "Revolver Ocelot" Ocelot with a different hairdo.
Ahri = Sailor Moon
John Raimi = Blue Cappy
Fighter Hayabusa = The Real Hayabusa
Raiden = Sword-less bamboo hat Raiden
Black Knight = Elma's ex-boyfriend with a Mech
Zero = Flower eyed Edelgard
Caim= Marth with a Dragon
Steve? = Blocky Mr. Game & Watch
Geno = Wood Man
Rex = Younger ****** Shulk
Goku = Retro Diddy Kong's brother
Pyramid Head = Geometry Man
2B = Blindfold Sunny Emmerich

Last edited:

KatKit

Smash Lord
Now, I know I'm probably betraying all 4 of my fellow active Sakura Shinguji supporters, and that she's less likely to be picked over her, but it needs to be said: Gemini Sunrise is cooler (just look at that name!). And for those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, it's time to familiarize you with the character. Actress/Cowgirl/Samurai with a split personality and a robot that fights with a gun, a katana, and on horseback. Cheerful cowgirl; disciplined samurai. She's like if Texas had a lovechild with Japan. I have no idea why her game never made it overseas; I think it would've been a hit. Edit: Apparently, it did make it overseas. They knew.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Now, I know I'm probably betraying all 4 of my fellow active Sakura Shinguji supporters, and that she's less likely to be picked over her, but it needs to be said: Gemini Sunrise is cooler (just look at that name!). And for those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, it's time to familiarize you with the character. Actress/Cowgirl/Samurai with a split personality and a robot that fights with a gun, a katana, and on horseback. Cheerful cowgirl; disciplined samurai. She's like if Texas had a lovechild with Japan. I have no idea why her game never made it overseas; I think it would've been a hit.

Oh **** she's a Sakura Wars character. That franchise looks cooler the more I see lmao

KatKit

Smash Lord
I think I first ran into Gemini Sunrise long ago in a meme or something (with no context), but Sakura Wars is worth checking out (and learning about it properly introduced me to Gemini). The reboot is getting an international release, and it looks like a lot of passion was put into the project.

Yes Banjo, and probably K.Rool too. If anything, Isaac could also be a Europe based pick. We really really loved Golden Sun over here.
Same for Style Boutique; the series sold like hotcakes out there (at least ~3 million, IIRC)

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Now, I know I'm probably betraying all 4 of my fellow active Sakura Shinguji supporters, and that she's less likely to be picked over her, but it needs to be said: Gemini Sunrise is cooler (just look at that name!). And for those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, it's time to familiarize you with the character. Actress/Cowgirl/Samurai with a split personality and a robot that fights with a gun, a katana, and on horseback. Cheerful cowgirl; disciplined samurai. She's like if Texas had a lovechild with Japan. I have no idea why her game never made it overseas; I think it would've been a hit.

You.

YOU.

SISTER. WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE?

Also, it did make it overseas, Gemini's game is one of the only ones that did, I believe.

Last edited:

KatKit

Smash Lord
You.

YOU.

SISTER. WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE?

Also, it did make it overseas, Gemini's game is one of the only ones that did, I believe.
IDK, FAM, BUT NOW THERE ARE AT LEAST TWO OF US THAT WANT THIS.

Really? Heh, it would be the first English one lol. I had no idea.

Last edited:

Sysreq

Smash Ace

Oh I actually bought a figure of her a long time ago because I remember seeing her in Project X Zone and it was someone trying to get rid of their figures lol
1570722972813.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom