• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sysreq

Smash Ace
What an overly drastic measure to ensure politics isn't talked about. No real opinion beyond it being a kneejerk business decision they'll have to live with.
The irony is that it only brought more awareness and attention to the situation in Hong Kong lol

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I generally judge a character or franchise by, well, the character or franchise itself, not whatever company just so happens to own it so honestly as someone who is a huge fan of Overwatch I'm still not really against Tracer being in Smash, as Tracer herself is cool.

I haven't exactly been following this Hong Kong/Blizzard situation as much as others though tbh. From what I gather, some competitive player for a Blizzard game spoke out against the Chinese government and Blizzard banned them, if I'm not mistaken here (by all means correct me if this very basic description is off). I dunno, it sounds like a ****ty decision on Blizzard's part, but maybe it was just a "we don't want players dipping into controversial stuff" thing and not a "we agree with China and hate freedom of speech" thing (again, if I'm off here and Blizzard actually does support what Chine is doing, by all means correct me). Not trying to defend or support Blizzard's decision or say it was good, but just curious about Blizzard's motivation or reason behind it, I guess.
The crux of the matter is if Blizzard deliberately avoiding taking a stance in such a delicate situation is akin to tacitly/passively supporting the position they're not censoring. And that's all I'll say on the matter because I don't know what rules are on this kind of matter, but I know where I stand.

ZelDan

Smash Master
What an overly drastic measure to ensure politics isn't talked about. No real opinion beyond it being a kneejerk business decision they'll have to live with.
That's basically what I'm getting from this. Blizzard was just wanting to avoid controversy and ended up going about it in a way that completely and utterly backfires.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The irony is that it only brought more awareness and attention to the situation in Hong Kong lol
In the famous words of whoever tried restoring that one Christ painting, "Oops."

Last edited by a moderator:

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
Blizzcon is in a few weeks. Suffice to say, how the whole Hong Kong mess affects the event should be really interesting.

Last edited:
Her fighting style involving zombies was very fun in MVC2, but I do truly believe bloody zombies would be an issue for ratings, so I discarded that idea.
Also, I only drew her normal combos and attack specials. I tried to keep it in a style like classic Resident Evil games where you need to choose carefully when to use your weapons and items, while still keeping some elements from newer games.
Wow this is a really cool moveset concept and the illustrations are great btw.

I particularly like the idea of the inventory and the limited ammo, it's totally Resident Evil-esque.

There's a support thread for Jill in Smash, i'm sure the people there would be interested to see your take on her potential moveset. Here's a link to it: https://smashboards.com/threads/the-master-of-unlocking-jill-will-survive-in-smash.454842/page-6

( Rie Sonomura Rie Sonomura see how i nailed it this time... wait... *double checks if it's the right Jill*, yup nailed it :p)

Note: I had no idea how to upload an image here, so i created a tumblr and put a link :c
There's an 'Insert image' icon in the toolbar:

InsertImage.png

D

Deleted member

Blizzcon is in a few weeks. Suffice to say, how the whole Hong Kong mess affects the event should be really interesting.
It'll be like Area 51, but now the Chinese Government is going to storm Blizzcon.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
You thought "Is this an out of season April Fools joke?" was a great moment?

This'll easily take the cake.

D

Deleted member

If Spencer from Bionic Commando got in, would the chuds saying Banjo's sword counts as a female rep do the same for the Bionic Arm?
I mean, Kazooie's an actual living character while Spencer's arm is practically a dead carcass.

D

Deleted member

"Raid Blizzcon wearing pro Hong Kong t-shirts and Winnie the Pooh cosplay, they can't throw us all out"

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
You thought "Is this an out of season April Fools joke?" was a great moment?

This'll easily take the cake.
Thanks for reminding me that the whole “Do you guys not have phones” fiasco happened just one year ago.

inksaver

Smash Rookie
Wow this is a really cool moveset concept and the illustrations are great btw.

I particularly like the idea of the inventory and the limited ammo, it's totally Resident Evil-esque.

There's a support thread for Jill in Smash, i'm sure the people there would be interested to see your take on her potential moveset. Here's a link to it: https://smashboards.com/threads/the-master-of-unlocking-jill-will-survive-in-smash.454842/page-6

( Rie Sonomura Rie Sonomura see how i nailed it this time... wait... *double checks if it's the right Jill*, yup nailed it :p)

There's an 'Insert image' icon in the toolbar:

View attachment 241445
awesome! I will share it in that thread, thanks for all the help :)

D

Deleted member

Her personality in the games doesn't come across at all as she's either the biggest ******* on the planet or horny on main so I don't see it
I just see that as Smash not trying too hard to make the character 1-for-1. Otherwise, we'd probably have a more expressive Cloud or a less sassy Lucina.

D

Deleted member

I just see that as Smash not trying too hard to make the character 1-for-1. Otherwise, we'd probably have a more expressive Cloud or a less sassy Lucina.
It took 10 years for Mario not to be perpetually ****ing pissed off all the time in Smash

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
It took 10 years for Mario not to be perpetually ****ing pissed off all the time in Smash
It's funny cause while that's true, the Plant trailer has 1 thing that was always consistent: People noticing how pissed Mario looks when walking.

Also holy **** can we add Vergil in Smash? His Concentration mechanic in DMC4SE and 5 post patch sounds really fun to implement

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
What would Snake even say if he had lines in World of Light? He would just be questioning everything.

:ultmarth:We each need to take down about ten.
:ultsnake:Ten?
:ultzelda:Stow your fear, it's now or never!
:ultsnake:Fear?
:ultpit:We'll win this. I know we will!
:ultsnake:Psycho Mantis?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

What would Snake even say if he had lines in World of Light? He would just be questioning everything.

:ultmarth:We each need to take down about ten.
:ultsnake:Ten?
:ultzelda:Stow your fear, it's now or never!
:ultsnake:Fear?
:ultpit:We'll win this. I know we will!
:ultsnake:Psycho Mantis?
:ultsnake:Colonel, why can't we just nuke Galeem?
Colonel: ...
:ultsnake:Well?

D

Deleted member

woah woah woah those are tactical MOABs.

nothing as heretic as the nukes metal gear uses
Oh pardon me, madam. Let me just "tactically MOAB" all of Outer Heaven then.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
no no no no ysee liquid's nanomachines are too strong and therefore tactially bombing the place would do nothing but make his location even more of a mystery. far more entertaining to have a 1-hour fist fight as a final boss

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
It's actaully a significant difference as radiation isn't involved in MOABs.

And those aren't even MOABs anyway, they're basically Stinger missiles fired from the Pequod.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I never expected anything to top last year's Blizzcon but oooh boy. This will be something.
I've been thinking btw. Never a good thing, but this thought I got is something I kind of want to see

If Spencer from Bionic Commando got in, would the chuds saying Banjo's sword counts as a female rep do the same for the Bionic Arm?
People generally try to forget that game existed. It's a very nice tradition and I'm saddened to see you disregard it so.

Plank08

Smash Lord
I know people REALLY don’t want a Blizzard character because of the terrible stuff they as a company have done, and I’m not disagreeing on that, but I highly doubt adding them in the game will damage Nintendo’s pride when they already have:
Microsoft(Watch VideoGameDunkys video)
Konami
Sega
I’m Probably missing a company.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
funny how we went from "pfffft, tracer should totally be in smash! don't hate on blizzard!" to "ew, blizzard? not in my smash bros!" within a week's time

Sysreq

Smash Ace
funny how we went from "pfffft, tracer should totally be in smash! don't hate on blizzard!" to "ew, blizzard? not in my smash bros!" within a week's time
Not me, I hate Tracer. Now D.Va I could get behind...

...Well, maybe a week ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom