• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Your reactions?

75. Doom Slayer (Doom)
76. Geno (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)
77. Bandanna Waddle Dee (Kirby)
78. Crash (Crash Bandicoot)
79. Ryu Hayabasa (Ninja Gaiden)
80. Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo)
81. Akira Howard (Astral Chain)
82. Travis Touchdown (No More Heroes)

36ε - Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong Country)
64ε - Octoling (Splatoon)
71ε - Kasumi (Persona 5 Royal)
I got Terry, so I'm not too picky on any future additions despite how much I'd love to see Heihachi. All these characters are welcome in my eyes, although I don't see the point of having echoes, since they wouldn't include much outside of fancy aethetic changes and maybe a few moves, and since I don't main Diddy, Inkling and Joker, I can't bring myself to be interested in them.

D

Deleted member

Guys what do you k ow about WeaverScrawl? They're predicting Geno for Fighter #5 and post fighters pass info, but apparently have some history leaking. I wanna know if they got something to make this actually credible.

Context is in the link.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Guys what do you k ow about WeaverScrawl? They're predicting Geno for Fighter #5 and post fighters pass info, but apparently have some history leaking. I wanna know if they got something to make this actually credible.

Context is in the link.
Yeah no, that user admitted to making fake leaks a while back so it’s BS

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Why are any of you wasting time reacting to a dream? Maybe I should claim I saw my picks in a dream, and they'll get more attention.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Why are any of you wasting time reacting to a dream? Maybe I should claim I saw my picks in a dream, and they'll get more attention.
It's just for fun. It's not like anyone here is actually suggesting that NantenJex is some kind of prophet.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Watch us get characters like the Prince of Persia, Ragna, and Quote instead of Doom Slayer, Ryu Hayabusa, and Crash Bandicoot.
Ragna is the only one of these I could see. Nicalis is in horrible shape and the original creator basically had the rights taken from him. And Prince of Persia is super dead thanks to Ubisoft...

Last edited:

LibraPsoul

Smash Rookie
Your reactions?

75. Doom Slayer (Doom)

Good choice(Except all echo fighter and Geno,sorry)

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I understand too many Marth clones (I ****ing hate Chrom), but this statement is just flat out wrong. FE Awakening was the best selling Fire Emblem game worldwide until Fates came out and beat Awakening out. In fact, Ike's games are some of the worst selling in the franchise. With that logic, :ultchrom::ultrobin::ultlucina::ultcorrin: should stay in every Smash game due to how recognizable they are and :ultroy::ultike: should be the only cuts. Now obviously, that wouldn't solve anything.

I don't disagree (Third Parties > First Partie, IMO), but given its rapid growth in popularity and lack of spirits, it's hard to say Three Houses isn't coming. (Lyn > Edelgard)
Notice I said popular with non-fans, and you responded by quoting sales data.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Bonus points if they complain about FE being all swords while having the next Pokemon be another big bipedal starter.
I really want serperior or torterra T.T

Can't wait for Fighters Pass 2
View attachment 240964
Ugh... group both byleths in teh same oveset in order to make space for the fifth most important fire emblem 3houses character...Lady rhGATEKEEPER

Nothing to report!!!!

I feel like we are all sleeping on Kass. Probably not for the Fighters Pass, but as a standalone character.

- No spirit.
- Received an entire remix.
- Prominently featured in BOTW trailers.
- Will probably return in BOTW 2.

Know what this means?

he's in
The idea of Kass as a BOTW character has been growing with me a lot lately, I still love the idea of Urbosa or Mipha, but honestly, if Kass is an important character in BotW2 im supporting him hard.

krokotopia101

Smash Apprentice
So, I got to looking up Ryu Hayabusa and my initial reaction is....wouldn't people just lash out on him because he's just another anime swordsman?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
So, I got to looking up Ryu Hayabusa and my initial reaction is....wouldn't people just lash out on him because he's just another anime swordsman?
Probably, but on the other hand, those people represent a relatively large portion of the fanbase compared to the people that don't at least appreciate "THE" archetypal videogame ninja being in Smash Bros.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I feel like we are all sleeping on Kass. Probably not for the Fighters Pass, but as a standalone character.

- No spirit.
- Received an entire remix.
- Prominently featured in BOTW trailers.
- Will probably return in BOTW 2.

Know what this means?

he's in
Alas, he is a Zelda character who isn't a triforce weilder. He's doomed to Assist Trophy hell at best.

D

Deleted member

Notice I said popular with non-fans, and you responded by quoting sales data.
I F3'd your post and the word "popular," or any argument implying popularity was not seen. You can check. However, I did see that you said Awakening and Fates characters weren't known outside of Fire Emblem fans, which was the basis of my response. The argument was that the modern games were how many people were introduced to Fire Emblem, and how those characters are the most recognizable as a result--making them logical picks for Smash even if the retro games have a lot of interesting picks (Lyn and Hector).

That said I do think Three Houses' success and acclaim warrants a character, and I'd love to see Byleth in Smash, but I understand anyone who feels it's too much; bar Marth and maybe Ike, the characters aren't known enough to really draw in non-fans. I think a Smash 6 with a few key cuts, and distinctive additions such as Byleth and the long-overdue Lyn could go a long way in making non-fans like the characters too.
newcomer

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Now picture these fights.

:ultduckhunt::ultken:and:ultsheik:vs. British Duck Hunt (:ultbanjokazooie:), Trucker Ken (Terry Bogard) and Sword Sheik (Ryu Hayabusa).

:ultduckhunt:and British Duck Hunt (:ultbanjokazooie:) vs. :ultken:and Trucker Ken (Terry Bogard) vs.:ultsheik:and Sword Sheik (Ryu Hayabusa).

D

Deleted member

People be saying Hayabusa would just be another ninja

While I be saying, "**** yeah! Another ninja!"

D

Deleted member

Ninja Gaiden isn't even designed to look like an anime at all, but I wouldn't be surprised if there are people that would react that way.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Your reactions?

75. Doom Slayer (Doom)

Honestly, I actually like this selection are a fair bit. Doom Slayer, Bandana Dee, Crash, and Geno are all pretty great. The only change I would make is swapping Akira and Travis for Byleth and Leon/Jill respectively.

D

Deleted member

Your reactions?

75. Doom Slayer (Doom)

Dunno, feels kinda boring when most of the characters are the same one we keep having talks without nothing to back them up. Aside from Arle and Travis pretty much every other character has been speculated a lot and I feel a lot of the characters here are going to be quite different when DLC ends.

I like Hayabusa, Travis and Akira. Characters like Geno and Bandana Dee are kinda meh for me and they seem kinda outliers when you compare them to the rest of the DLC (another character for a series with various characters already). I have no attachment to Arle or Crash and Im neutral on the rest.

Dixie as an echo just feels wrong as she probably would need to be a semiclone on the level of Isabelle, which is somethin I never understood on how it became a popular idea. Feels sometimes that people just want the character for the character and don't care how they are presented.

Well, there is a Ninja Gaiden anime movie....

So, in a way, people would be right to call him an anime swordsman... but who cares?

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam

Context is in the link.
The fact that Dark Meta Knight is becoming an echo despite being a costume basically deconfirms this for me.

KatKit

Smash Lord
Uh, in what planet is a Japanese series with a ninja that prided itself on long cinematic cutscenes not anime? Anime swordsman should not have a negative connotation, and describing Hayabusa as one isn't inaccurate.

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Your reactions?

75. Doom Slayer (Doom)

Pure. Unadulterated. Hype.

I get three characters I'd be very happy to see, and a bunch more that all seem very, very cool. Absolutely no stinkers. Closest thing is Doom Slayer who I have the least interest in, but that wouldn't really bother me because so many people would explode with hype. So I'd be happy for them.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I F3'd your post and the word "popular," or any argument implying popularity was not seen. You can check. However, I did see that you said Awakening and Fates characters weren't known outside of Fire Emblem fans, which was the basis of my response. The argument was that the modern games were how many people were introduced to Fire Emblem, and how those characters are the most recognizable as a result--making them logical picks for Smash even if the retro games have a lot of interesting picks (Lyn and Hector).
By non-fans I mean people who didn't play Awakening or Fates either.

AntagonisticGalaxyCetacea

Smash Journeyman
There was plenty of people calling him a generic ninja, he'd be a clone of Sheik/Greninja, and how he cant be in because they already have Ryu from Street Fighter in the game.

Stuff like this is why nobody takes the community seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom