• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
People ironically use this phrase a lot to make fun of people who care about children, but...

What exactly is so ****ing wrong about thinking of the children?

Could someone please explain that to me?
It’s usually a phrase said sarcastically to poke fun at instances of people over exaggerating the negative effects something can have on a child.

For instance, a child seeing an anagram, (especially when the context of what it stands for isn’t provided) is not going to scar or traumatize them (or whatever negative effect you think it will have on them).

Kids aren’t stupid. They don’t need everything to be dumbed down and sugarcoated.

Vrbtm

Banned via Administration
This post has been given a warning for overly aggressive and antagonistic behavior throughout the course of this thread.
Well no GOTY means Game of the Year so it is the single most critically acclaimed game released that year. Breath of the Wild got this in 2017, would you argue that it didn't deserve it with all the positive praise it got?
It. Means. Nothing.

there isn't a way to view the name of moves in game to my knowledge
There is.

How could you not know this?

they removed Bayonetta losing her clothes ever attack.
They didn't do that. She still loses her clothes, it's just toned down because it never goes all the way.

And **** toning characters down. Either go all the way or don't go at all.

You know who doesn't think of the children? Disney. Pixar too. They litter their content with references that only adults will recognize. Little kids who don't know why the adults are chuckling could easily just ask someone about it, and then they'd know.

Why won't Disney just think of the children?
That doesn't answer my very simple and straightforward question.

I know that you think you're really clever and all, but you're just wasting my time.

over exaggerating the negative effects something can have on a child.
"Over exaggerating" would imply that there's a normal degree to which something can negatively affect a child.

Thereby making it intelligent and rational to think of the children every once in a while.

For instance, a child seeing an anagram
It's not an anagram. It's an acronym.

Kids aren’t stupid. They don’t need everything to be dumbed down and sugarcoated.
So, you're engaging in what is called a strawman argument, then.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

I know that you think you're really clever, but you're just wasting my time.
I literally took your previous quote and switched the context from Nintendo/acronyms to Disney/references. I guess you waste your own time.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
This is a better take, but on the other hand, every 3rd party character inherently reaches a vaster demographic than a 1st party one (yeah, even Banjo). My point is, they're not mindlessly adding the biggest and most selling franchises with the widest reach like you often hear in speculation. You're never going to see something like League of Legends get a character in Smash. All the choices so far have been pretty deeply ingrained in hardcore gaming culture, and with a notable Nintendo presence in most cases.
Though Joker is certainly here for the new demographics, but I think he's as "extreme" as we're gonna see.
There's a bit I agree with here. It's the main reason I don't see RE, Doom or many of the other choices I see people saying as "most likely" getting in. What I don't agree with is Joker being the most "extreme". But I suppose that depends on what you personally view as extreme about him. I do think we are getting at least one more character that raises eyebrows like Joker did and I don't view "Nintendo Faithful" as any sort of boon (Unless it somehow directly affects Nintendo's bottom line as DQ is due to their vested interest in the series).

Nquoid

Smash Ace
You know what we should discuss right now? Literally anything apart from whether the content of mature rated video games should preclude them from being in Smash.

So let's try this. Nintendo announces 2 more passes, one for 5 more 1st party characters and one for 5 echoes. What are your dream picks?

(feel free to make up who the last two pass fighters will be if you want to echoes of them)

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
You know what we should discuss right now? Literally anything apart from whether the content of mature rated video games should preclude them from being in Smash.

So let's try this. Nintendo announces 2 more passes, one for 5 more 1st party characters and one for 5 echoes. What are your dream picks?

(feel free to make up who the last two pass fighters will be if you want to echoes of them)
Poochy
Elma
Mike Jones
Geno
Skull Kid

Boshi
.......Boshi :yoshi:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr

First Party Pass:
-Adeleine & Ribbon
-Prof. E. Gadd
-Karate Joe
-Cpt. Syrup
-Ganon (classic)

Echo Pass:
-Black Shadow
-Galacta Knight
-Tom Nook
-Dixie Kong (even though she would work better as an unique fighter)
-Octoling

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
It. Means. Nothing.

There is.

How could you not know this?

They didn't do that. She still loses her clothes, it's just toned down because it never goes all the way.

And **** toning characters down. Either go all the way or don't go at all.

I know that you think you're really clever and all, but you're just wasting my time.

"Over exaggerating" would imply that there's a normal degree to which something can negatively affect a child.

Thereby making it intelligent and rational to think of the children every once in a while.

It's not an anagram. It's an acronym.

So, you're engaging in what is called a strawman argument, then.
Does quibbling over semantics make you feel good? You seem to do it a lot.

You asked why people say “think of the children” as a way to make fun of people, so let me rephrase myself; and try not to focus on unimportant semantics this time, ok?

It is said sarcastically to tease people who make a big deal of a nonissue (not to make fun of people who care about children as a whole), and I’m saying that in my opinion a nonissue like an acronym without context doesn’t need to be censored for kids. I wasn’t making a strawman argument, I was answering your question, and giving my opinion on the matter.

Last edited:

ze9

Smash Ace
People ironically use this phrase a lot to make fun of people who care about children, but...

What exactly is so ****ing wrong about thinking of the children?

Could someone please explain that to me?
It's usually the premise to an argument that's either really bad or not made in good faith. The Simpsons magistri vitae.

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman

1st Party:
- Dixie Kong (with Kiddie Kong having switching mechanic)
- Beast Ganon or Vaati or Skull Kid (just a new zelda rep)
- Another Pokemon Trainer with Pokemon from regions not represented
- Three Houses rep or Rex & Pyra
- Isaac (Golden Sun) if not because assist trophy any first party villain would be good

Echoes:
- Chun Li (might be stupid to have three echoes of street fighter characters but I feel she deserves a spot)
- Birdo (with king Dedede's neutral special and up special isn't arced)
- Shadow or Tails
- Ninten
- Medusa or Hades

Edit: Its actually really hard to come up with 5 first party characters and especially 5 echoes. I tried hard to avoid another Mario character and FE character (although three houses is on the list :p)

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
1st Party:
- Dixie Kong
- Bandana Waddle Dee
- Skull Kid or BoTW Rep
- Toad
- Drifblim/Gothitelle/Infernape

Echoes:
- Shadow or Tails
- Louie or Captain Charlie
- Funky Kong
- Ms. Pac Man
- Elec Man

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
To be honest,
outside of making the beginning of the game harder
I didn't know that Frisk's name actually held any significance (even knowing what the word means). I just thought was a default name self insert characters tend to have like Link, Nate, Crono, or Ness.

Well, Doom does seem to have kicked off the FPS genre, but from what I understand the series itself has just barely made a resurgence (kinda like Crash Bandicoot). Conversely, Skyrim has been in the limelight for about 2 or 3 console generations. I don't think any other singular game been able to achieve that.
Elder Scrolls wasn't very popular until Oblivion. Which got popular due to the lack of big games on Xbox 360 before 2007 (it was just that and Gears of War really). Morrowind was like Persona level popular. Word of mouth for the series after Oblivion helped make Skyrim the massive success it is.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

Let's see, assuming that Assist Trophies and Pokeballs aren't any barrier.

Echos

Hilda- of Zelda with her staff in her tilt attacks
Birdo- of Yoshi with a unique B, Up-B and Grab
Dixie Kong- of Diddy with different projectile in neutral and unique up-B
Roll- of Mega Man with unique final Smash
Gooigi- of Luigi with new neutral B (can't stand fire)

1st Party

Krystal
Ribbon Girl
Rex/Pyra/Mythra
Gardevoir
Bandanna Dee

SKX31

Smash Master
This is a better take, but on the other hand, every 3rd party character inherently reaches a vaster demographic than a 1st party one (yeah, even Banjo). My point is, they're not mindlessly adding the biggest and most selling franchises with the widest reach like you often hear in speculation. You're never going to see something like League of Legends get a character in Smash. All the choices so far have been pretty deeply ingrained in hardcore gaming culture, and with a notable Nintendo presence in most cases.
Though Joker is certainly here for the new demographics, but I think he's as "extreme" as we're gonna see.
I wasn't saying that reaching new demographics is the only priority - but it's a factor in how companies work. It's not the end-all-be-all, that was never my argument, my point is I wouldn't be surprised by such a "promotional" pick in the future.

I do agree that the "reaching the fans" aspect is incredibly important, since it's why Smash was made in the first place. One can see how much work Sakurai / Sora Ltd. puts into Joker (Arsene, custom victory screen, etc.) and Hero (entire submenu, four different characters etc.). That's work done out of love for both Persona 5 and DQ. That's also balanced one way or the other with profit. Both factors allow the series to keep going.

And, finally, I should preface this segment by saying that I'm a MOBA fan, specifically Dota 2 (having been introduced to Dota 1 in 2004). While Dota 2 has a deep rivalry with LoL, I'd argue both games are in the video game hall of fame. Unpleasant fans aside, those two games have helped shape multiplayer games - and the online ecosystem - for the past 10-15 years (Sidenote: LoL and Dota 2 are about as old as Minecraft). Both games have significant - and intensely loyal - hardcore following who worship / loathe the characters and important people involved, they have been at the center of sea changes within the video game industry and have been consistently in the spotlight with Valve's / Riot's actions.

One genre even spawned / mutated earlier this year on Dota 2's custom map editor, the Auto Battler (no, really), which began with Auto Chess. Reminder: MOBAs mutated from the RTS genre, specifically WarCraft III's map editor. So this is a mutation on a mutation [Insert old Xzibit meme here]. I'm bringing this up since there was a rumor that Valve was bringing its Auto Battler, Dota Underlords, to the Switch. It turned out to be the ability to switch platforms on the fly (Start a match on your PC or Android / iOS phone, continue and finish it on the other platform). Still, I wouldn't be surprised if a Dota 2 character becomes theoretically possible for Smash because of a later Dota Underlords Switch port. As stupid as it sounds. Hey, Joker came with Persona Q2 conviniently enough.

Dota 2's the smaller one and completely unknown in Japan, but it has boasted a 10 million plus player count (give or take smurfs etc.) the last 6 years. LoL's even more pervasive. In short, I don't think a LoL / Dota 2 character would be a "shill" pick. It would be leaning towards a "introduce Nintendo fans to MOBA characters and vice versa" pick at this point, since MOBAs are old enough.

Glad you brought this up, because I am firmly of the belief that we will get a character that caters to China. I don't think it will have anything to do with Tencent, however. Though, at this point, I don't think SNK is an option, even if I thought so before.

https://www.dualshockers.com/snk-in...-gender-bent-terry-rebooting-old-series-much/
Oh, that's a major shame. Thanks, TIL. I'm really struggling to see a Chinese-aimed pick - other than SNK - that wouldn't raise loads of eyebrows in the Smash scene. For example I'd imagine that most Smashers would react to a theoretical LoL / Dota 2 character with a collective "WTF? Why?".

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

1st
- Waluigi
- Porky
- Isaac
- Hades
- Mike Jones

Echo
- Black Shadow
- Shadow the Hedgehog
- Shadow Link Dixie Kong
- Marshadow Raiden (Metal Gear)
- Shadoo (Super Paper Mario) Impa

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
So here's a random franchise that doesn't get discussed in regards to Smash.

StarCraft. The once unofficial national sport of South Korea. Though pretty unknown in Japan.

What if Jim Raynor, Artanis, or Kerrigan got into Smash?

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787

Assuming Spirits don’t deconfirm, but ATs and Pokeballs do...

First Party:
Porky
Bandana Dee
Dixie Kong
Rex/Pyra/Mythra
Rhythm Heaven Rep.

Echoes:
Octoling
Gooigi
Black Shadow
Impa
Medusa

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero

5 1st party pass:
Captain Toad
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dixie Kong
Waluigi
Meowth

5 Echo pass:
Tails(Ken/Chrom style Echo)
Impa (of Cloud, not Sheik though)
Tom Nook(villager)
Octoling (Inkling)
Gooey (of Kirby. Kicks and punch animations layered to Ken/Chrom style licks, as is inhale changed to a tongue grab)

Possibly drop Dixie to Echo pass, remove Octoling or Nook and place Elma, Isaac, Chibi-Robo or Springman in her place. Cannot pick between those four though.

Nquoid

Smash Ace
I'll throw mine out:

1st Party:
Porky
Andy (or Advance Wars Rep in general)
Chorus Kids
Sceptile (or Gen VIII Grass Starter if it looks cool enough)
Captain Toad

Echos:
Tails (Originally had Shadow, but forgot he's an assist, but Shadow would be choice #1)
Dixie Kong (I'd prefer her to be more like Isabelle, but wanted to squeeze on another character)
Ms. Pac-Man
Black Shadow
Octoling

I couldn't decide between Toon Zelda, Impa and Medusa for echoes, so just decided to do none of them. And if I didn't ignore assist trophies then Isaac & Wolf Link & Midna would definitely make the cut.

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master
So here's a random franchise that doesn't get discussed in regards to Smash.

StarCraft. The once unofficial national sport of South Korea. Though pretty unknown in Japan.

What if Jim Raynor, Artanis, or Kerrigan got into Smash?
*Medusa stares from the distance, yelling in the background that she did her thing before Kerrigan got infested and turned Zerg*

I might be a Zeratul fanboy myself *didaclassicmodewithhimsomewherearoundhere* , but I would welcome a StarCraft character as much as I would a Dota 2 character (those two games being some of my pipedream picks). They're kind of in a difficult position, and not just because they share the same house as Crash. I'm gonna refer to their Heroes of the Storm abilities, since the characters have the most attacks from that game. Also, most people here won't know StarCraft at all I bet, so I'm writing with that in mind.

Raynor would likely play somewhat similarily to Doomguy / Chief (being also a Space Marine for all intents and purposes) and it'd be kind of difficult to balance support units (such as aerial bombardment) and stat boosts. Also, stimpacks (which is pretty much steroids for Space Marines) is kind of iffy by itself. Doomguy and Master Chief are likely taking priority over him.

Really, a StarCraft rep would likely be Protoss or Zerg, but they also have potential issues. Artanis and Zeratul's second life bar (as all Protoss share) in the form of shields would be incredibly difficult to code into the game properly. Artanis - being a Zealot, aka. frontline Protoss - would likely have a position-swapping ability, and charge-related abilities, adding to his gimmicks. Oh and he can combine the charging toward his opponent gimmick with the position-swapping in HotS. Zeratul meanwhile - being a Dark Templar, aka. ninja-monk - has teleports, slows and invisibility alongside the charge. Hoo boy that could be a balancing nightmare. Still, really interesting characters nonetheless.

Which leads me to Kerrigan, probably the most straightforward. Heavyweight grappler with an extra dose of impalement since the Zerg are basically the Tyranids / Starship Troopers' Aliens. With creeping corruption! Said corruption could also work as a mechanic like HotS, where it works as a semi-shield / damage limiter. Honestly I'd favor Kerrigan the most since she'd be a breath of fresh air - it's gonna be difficult to balance those really long claws though.

All right, lets do this!

1st Party:

Waluigi
Akira Howard (Astral Chain)
Project H.A.M.M.E.R's hero
Lip (Panel de Pon)
Style Savvy rep

Echoes:

Tails
Raiden [EDIT: If not going the Rising Revengeance route with him]
Darker Sam- Black Shadow
Tom Nook
Medusa (of Palutena)

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

1. Porky Minch
2. Toad
3. Skull Kid
4. Bandana Dee
5. Chorus Kids

1. Boshi
2. Octoling
3. Alph (separate him from Olimar) or Louie
4. Ninten (I’d much rather he be a semiclone with more unique moves, but to get him in with Porky, I guess he could work as a Ness echo with Lucas’s PK Freeze, no yo-yos, and a different final smash.)
5. Impa

If Pokémon counts I guess replace Dee with Gengar

Last edited:

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
*Medusa stares from the distance, yelling in the background that she did her thing before Kerrigan got infested and turned Zerg*

I might be a Zeratul fanboy myself *didaclassicmodewithhimsomewherearoundhere* , but I would welcome a StarCraft character as much as I would a Dota 2 character (those two games being some of my pipedream picks). They're kind of in a difficult position, and not just because they share the same house as Crash. I'm gonna refer to their Heroes of the Storm abilities, since the characters have the most attacks from that game. Also, most people here won't know StarCraft at all I bet, so I'm writing with that in mind.

Raynor would likely play somewhat similarily to Doomguy / Chief (being also a Space Marine for all intents and purposes) and it'd be kind of difficult to balance support units (such as aerial bombardment) and stat boosts. Also, stimpacks (which is pretty much steroids for Space Marines) is kind of iffy by itself. Doomguy and Master Chief are likely taking priority over him.

Really, a StarCraft rep would likely be Protoss or Zerg, but they also have potential issues. Artanis and Zeratul's second life bar (as all Protoss share) in the form of shields would be incredibly difficult to code into the game properly. Artanis - being a Zealot, aka. frontline Protoss - would likely have a position-swapping ability, and charge-related abilities, adding to his gimmicks. Oh and he can combine the charging toward his opponent gimmick with the position-swapping in HotS. Zeratul meanwhile - being a Dark Templar, aka. ninja-monk - has teleports, slows and invisibility alongside the charge. Hoo boy that could be a balancing nightmare. Still, really interesting characters nonetheless.

Which leads me to Kerrigan, probably the most straightforward. Heavyweight grappler with an extra dose of impalement since the Zerg are basically the Tyranids / Starship Troopers' Aliens. With creeping corruption! Said corruption could also work as a mechanic like HotS, where it works as a semi-shield / damage limiter. Honestly I'd favor Kerrigan the most since she'd be a breath of fresh air - it's gonna be difficult to balance those really long claws though.

I imagine there would have to be some kind of RTS incorporation if they picked any of them. Not sure what that would be, but that would be a way to Jim Raynor different from characters like Doom Slayer and Master Chief. I think Kerrigan would be the most likely though based on popularity.

Last edited:

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
First Party Fighter's Pass

1. Chorus Kids from Rhythm Heaven
2. Tibby from Rhythm Heaven
3. Marshall from Rhythm Heaven
4. Ringside Reporter and Wrestler from Rhythm Heaven
5. Karate Joe from Rhythm Heaven

Okay, but seriously, some ideas to satiate some fan requests for now so that they can hopefully never ask Sakurai for anything ever again

1. Any Rhythm Heaven rep of any kind. This is crucial.
2. At least one "too late" pick to satiate the fans? (Rex, Springman)
3. At least one "new favourite" to again, satiate the fans after missing out with limited base game selection? (Waddle Dee, Paper Mario)
4. Obligatory retro rep they missed out on this time (Bubbles from Clu Clu Land, Mach Rider, etc.)
5. Dixie Kong (if not an echo they can get away with)
6. Isaac/Geno to satiate longtime fans (not Waluigi tho lol)

Echos Fighter Pass

To copy-paste from another post of mine:

Maybe they could pick from Black Shadow, Octolings, Medusa, Ms. Pac-Man, a joke character of either Glass Joe or another StarFox guy, that Persona chick, a Megaman character that could use his scrapped custom moves from Smash 4, Ninten, some Pikmin guy, or Dixie or a Sonic character like Metal Sonic if they could get away with it...

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

First Party Pass:
1. Elma
2. Bandana Dee
3. Black Shadow (Captain Falcon semi-clone, not full on echo)
4. Geno, if he’s not in the first pass somehow Dixie Kong (Diddy Kong semi clone)
5. Rhythm Heaven character

Echo Pass:
1. Kasumi Yoshizawa (Joker)
2. Mecha-Fiora (Elma; uses drones instead of guns though)
3. Octoling (Inkling)
4. Medusa (Palutena; uses some of Palutena's scrapped customs from 4)
5. T-elos (KOS-MOS, assuming KOS-MOS is in our current FP)

Last edited:

ze9

Smash Ace
1st party
1. Dixie Kong (she's my most wanted and she can easily be a fully original character)
2. Skull Kid + Majora's Mask (been waiting for them ever since Melee, the best Zelda villain)
3. Isaac (for his fans)
4. Captain Toad (he deserves it)
5. Porky (the guy is awesome)

Echoes
1. Birdo (as a Yoshi echo, just have her suck you in for the neutral B, the rest can stay the same)
2. Alph (#justiceforalph)
3. Shadow or Tails
4. Blood Falcon
5. ...I'm out of ideas.

Last edited:

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Oh yeah people have been suggesting Tails or Tom Nook for echos, but they may run into the same proportional differences as to why Isabelle couldn't be an echo fighter of Villager; hell, even if Tom Nook was an echo of Isabelle?

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Oh yeah people have been suggesting Tails or Tom Nook for echos, but they may run into the same proportional differences as to why Isabelle couldn't be an echo fighter of Villager; hell, even if Tom Nook was an echo of Isabelle?
Animations are shared across the cast in AC. Isabelle just needed a new skeleton to represent New Leaf's proportional changes.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'll pass on 1st party and echo pass speculation. As maybe apart from Elma, a 3H pick, new Pokemon or the AC twins most of the remaining first party options are not that enticing to me.

I would be more interested to see a pack with 3rd party franchises getting another pick so we could have stuff like Sephiroth, Chun-Li, Eggman/Tails, Raiden, Protoman/Roll/Bass and so on.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Animations are shared across the cast in AC. Isabelle just needed a new skeleton to represent New Leaf's proportional changes.
Well if that's the case I certainly wouldn't be opposed to including Tom Nook in the Chrom position of simultaneous FS and echo. It'd be more Animal Crossing reps for the sake of more Animal Crossing reps, but I wouldn't mind; it's Tom Nook!
I'll pass on 1st party and echo pass speculation. As maybe apart from Elma, a 3H pick, new Pokemon or the AC twins most of the remaining first party options are not that enticing to me.

I would be more interested to see a pack with 3rd party franchises getting another pick so we could have stuff like Sephiroth, Chun-Li, Eggman/Tails, Raiden, Protoman/Roll/Bass and so on.
Yeah I kinda also have just the ONE first party thing I'm personally interested in. Granted, I wouldn't mind if a hypothetical other pass took from both third party and first party or so, or even uniques and semi-clones so you could get in characters like Tails and Dixie instead of them being echos, maybe new/existing franchises too? An echo pass could also be fun.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
1st Party:
-Bandana Dee
-Black Shadow (Semi-clone of:ultfalcon:)
-Isaac (For his fans)
-Elma
-Sylux

Echo Party:
-Dixie Kong (:ultdiddy:)
-Felix (Isaac)
-Leon Powalski (:ultwolf:)
-Medusa (:ultpalutena:)
-Octoling (:ultinkling:)

Last edited:

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord

1st Party:
1. Elma
2. Chibi Robo
3. Paper Mario
4. Byleth/Edelgard
5. Style Savvy stylist

Echoes:
1. Akechi
2. Ninten
3. Impa
4. Shadow (assuming that assist trophies are somehow on the table)
5. Chris Redfield as a Charizard echo

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman
I'm not exactly sure why but I really hate the idea of Impa as an echo of Shiek. I see a lot of people thinking its a good echo but I just don't see it, not to mention non of her canonical game appearances are really eye catching as far as character designs go. I see some people say things about the hyrule warriors Impa but that seems super unlikely with it not being a character version made by a 1st party developer.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

Not counting Spirits and Assists

Wolf Link and Midna
Elma
Springman
Isaac
Garchomp

Dry Bowser
Octoling
Funky Kong
Shadow
Black Knight (Ike)

blackghost

Smash Champion
im sorry but even the idea of an echoes fighter pass is a gross idea. Nintendo's history with dlc is to make new content entirely. While first-party DLC would be fine (although boring) echoes of any kind would not leave a good taste in many peoples mouths. Some people will buy any dlc for smash that comes out, i think people overestimate how mjuch the dlcs being (so far) guaranteed unique new editions matters to people.
1st party pass
1. elma
2. astral chain
3. wolf link and midna
4. edelgard
5. Rex

kylexv

Smash Master
Not counting assists or bosses (sorry Waluigi and Isaac).

First Party:

1. Bandanna Dee
2. Rex and Pyra
3. Dixie Kong
4. Byleth or Edelgard
5. Porky

Echoes:

1. Impa (:ultsheik:)
2. Octoling (:ultinkling:)
3. Black Shadow (:ultfalcon:)
4. Metal Sonic (:ultsonic:)
5. Ms. Pac-Man (:ultpacman:)

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I did want to comment that I have been seeing people setting their expectations either too high (expecting "good faith" or anymore free DLC) or too low (thinking of Echoes as shoo-ins when they have historically been low priority/last minute "why not?" additions, which I don't think they'd even consider doing with the direction of the DLC thus far).

I also think people are shortselling a lot of characters for the sake of getting them even if it means they're hardly unique/different. I'd personally rather unique costumes than Echoes that have less differences than Ken, and think some characters could be fleshed out much more than people give credit/account for. I picture Octolings being based on gameplay differences from Splatoon 2 compared to Splatoon 1 (using different weapons, specials, having Dualies/dodge rolling work similar to Joker's Gun dash, etc.).

I say this having simultaneously wanted Dark Samus in more than anything/being extremely happy to have them acknowledged at all, yet also being extremely let down by the wasted potential of not even reusing the Smash 4 assist trophies' moves for the sake of consistency that Echoes demand (not even gonna comment on Daisy actually getting her one difference from Peach patched out). It's okay to be happy if something comes, but most shouldn't want to settle from the get-go (especially at just conception/the idea phase).

CardStealer1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CardStealer
3DS FC
2681-0263-6525
1. Saki Amamiya
2. Isaac (Golden Sun)
3. Ray Mk
4. Rhythm Heaven Rep (Chorus kids have my vote)
5. Skull Kid

1. Impa as Sheik/Cloud echo
2. Shadow
3. Dixie (Different Up and Neutral Special)
-Bubblegum gun has slowing effect
-Up special from DK(but buffed) or Piranha plant
4. ? Black Knight?
5. ? Dry Bowser?

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
So a sibling lent me Cave Story+ for Switch, and I completely forgot how good a game it was. Considering the inclusion of indie characters like Shantae and Shovel Knight into Smash, I feel it was a shame that Cave Story wasn't acknowledged despite how influential it was once upon a time.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I'd personally rather unique costumes than Echoes that have less differences than Ken
In my case, I'd rather have echoes not be about filling out quotas (IE: Raichu to complete the Chu line, Medusa because she's a female villain, Ninten to complete the Mother trio) but rather have them be about catering to individual character fanbases (IE: Octoling, Shadow)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom