• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
If there was a new first party series not kind of dammed for getting a character like ARMS, what would the options be? I'd say Rhythm Paradise is in there?

tenworldsguy

Smash Apprentice
So, not to harp on a topic that no one else is really talking about but, to what extent are you guys familiar with/aware of the Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons series of games? I ask because I've been thinking about the series as it relates to Smash recently and I've realized that I actually have no idea how the general gaming public perceives the games at all. I've been playing them since I was a kid so basically I've always known of and enjoyed them and consequently all of my friends are at least familiar with them. Are most people familiar with the series or no? I know it's fairly niche in terms of player base, but I guess I'm wondering more about esteem.

All of this because i have a bit of a conspiracy theory brewing in my head about Story of Seasons content in Smash. But of course I'm biased lol
I have a friend who really wants a Harvest Moon rep in. But that's really the extant of my knowledge.

A HM character would be kinda great- another trolling from Sakuri ("You thought we were gonna get Swordman no. 28 or Crash? Nope, we are farming now!") as well as another Villager-esque character who has no buisness being in a fighting game with Ridley, Bayonetta, and Joker but is still here none the less. He could use various farming things to attack, even using a pitchfork or something for tilts/aerials (I would kill for an unorthodox weapon user in smash, Simon using a whip is a great start). Maybe they could even add in a stamina mechanic like the games themselves which would help control him should he be too OP, for the lelz

Only problems I see are the game's general lack of popularity compared to more requested reps (the RE duo, Sora, etc) and the FS, though I am sure Sakuri can bs his way to a reasonable FS considering Wii Fit and generic avatars have good ones. Thinking about it tho, I honestly think he could be a great/hilarious choice for dlc, even if his odds are not.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
If there was a new first party series not kind of dammed for getting a character like ARMS, what would the options be? I'd say Rhythm Paradise is in there?
Advance Wars easily.

It's Assist Trophy was removed, didn't have a Mii Costume to compensate like Custom Robo and Sin & Punishment (Panel de Pon, Chibi-Robo, & Labo as well despite never having an AT), and lacks any music tracks added in the game (Rhythm Heaven & Style Savvy did which hurts their chances pretty huge). And of course, Golden Sun & ARMS are out of the picture for DLC because of their AT status. Top that off with it's Spirits lineup being very odd (lacking a lot of it's main characters) and it's not a huge stretch to think Andy or Sami (maybe even both somehow?) might have a chance at DLC if an AW revival is in the works.

I mean i'll admit the chance of this happening is pretty small but if there was a new first party franchise in the game, I can't see it being anything other than Advance Wars based on what I said above.

Last edited:

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
I could aee it being Geno at this point... Not to hate on Geno or hos fans. But I would hate for another Mario character to be DLC.
I mean hey, he might be getting his Mii costume back right around the corner in terms of his chances, so you might be good?

I have to wonder if they was SOME legit reason in difficulty in getting a Rhythm Paradise character in there still. Like translating rhythm to a moveset was just non-negotiable or something. We may never know for sure of course, but it'd irk me if it was a simpler reason that kept it from being in the biggest Smash game ever, only to bittersweetly appear in a much smaller Smash game a decade after the fact...

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'd say Chibi-Robo but Nintendo killed him.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
at least they got spirits

unlike this guy, anyway

View attachment 230725

still banking that it's too suspicious.
Well does every former boss have a spirit?

I know Rayquaza, Master Core, Duon, Galleon, and Tabuu do.

Same for the Hands.

And Petey Pirahna.

And obviously Ridley.

Is Porky the only boss without a spirit?

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Well does every former boss have a spirit? Is Porky the only boss without a spirit?
Every former Brawl and SSB4 boss, other than Porky, has a Spirit. Including Stage Bosses.

Nquoid

Smash Ace
As much as I want to believe Porky not having a Spirit means something. The fact that the Absolutely Safe Capsule has multiple stages to unlock makes me think it is just a joke.

I just wish you could see Porky in it, but you couldn't in Mother 3 so alas.

However I will still believe because it might mean Mother 3 gets localised!

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
all you do is spam mr. saturn cores dont you
You need 1 Mr. Saturn core and 6 Shield Cores to obtain the Absolutely Safe Capsule. To summon the Mr. Saturn Spirit costs a Specknose and Qbby core.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Porky's Spirit may come back if he returns in Boss Battles (which I believe is absolutely happening) so maybe his Spirit is being held off for then.

And hell, Sylux & Adeleine's spiritis missing so I doubt it much.
I'd say Chibi-Robo but Nintendo killed him.
He was given a Mii Costume so his chances are RIP.

Last edited:

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
I know Rayquaza has a spirit, but strangely enough Mega Rayquaza doesn't. You'd think it'd be an obvious upgrade for the Rayquaza spirit especially since Groudon and Kyogre have their primal forms, which makes me believe they're gonna bring back Rayquaza's boss fight from Subspace but retool it a bit to make it a Mega Rayquaza fight. I know it sounds like a bit of a stretch but between this and Porky's missing spirit, I have to believe they're planning some extra bosses for an eventual Boss Rush mode

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
do any of the hunters even have spirits because i dont remember a single one
I'm not too well versed into the Metroid lore since I don't really follow the series but didn't people lament that every hunter got a spirit but Sylux?
At least if I recall correctly.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
do any of the hunters even have spirits because i dont remember a single one

Let me mourn Ura

View attachment 230731
IDK. Sylux was a name that was floated for sometime before it was revealed MP4 wasn't happening anytime soon lol.

And yes f for Chibi. I mean to be fair, the Mii Costume was a pretty good nod to him and his franchise. He might have gotten a track or two in this game IIRC.

D

Deleted member

I would think given its current status, Astral Chain is very likely. It doesn't have anything in Smash just because it hasn't been released yet.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I know Rayquaza has a spirit, but strangely enough Mega Rayquaza doesn't. You'd think it'd be an obvious upgrade for the Rayquaza spirit especially since Groudon and Kyogre have their primal forms, which makes me believe they're gonna bring back Rayquaza's boss fight from Subspace but retool it a bit to make it a Mega Rayquaza fight. I know it sounds like a bit of a stretch but between this and Porky's missing spirit, I have to believe they're planning some extra bosses for an eventual Boss Rush mode
That's actually a very interesting find. I see Boss Battles as being a near-lock so they could add Porky, Mega Rayquaza, and whatever Minecraft boss Verge was talking about. Maybe even bring back Tabuu as well (disregarding his spirit)?

The possibilities are endless. Easily the most hype mode they could bring back.
I would think given its current status, Astral Chain is very likely. It doesn't have anything in Smash just because it hasn't been released yet.
Well I mean the window for promotion is gone I think. Banjo comes out a month or two after the game's release so it would likely have to be released 3-4 months after it's launch hence why I believe it's not happening.

Last edited:

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
I still think Rhythm Paradise is far up there and I'm still bummed with the lack of representation in Smash Ultimate.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I still think Rhythm Paradise is far up there and I'm still bummed with the lack of representation in Smash Ultimate.
IIRC, it got like a new track or two in Ultimate. And like 9 Spirits.

Of course, it is pretty sad for RH fans that Chorus Kids barely missed the mark for 4 and weren't even close for Ultimate.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
IIRC, it got like a new track or two in Ultimate. And like 9 Spirits.

Of course, it is pretty sad for RH fans that Chorus Kids barely missed the mark for 4 and weren't even close for Ultimate.
I’ve never played any RH games, but I still think it sucks that the Chorus Kids aren’t in. They could have had an incredibly unique and fun moveset.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I’ve never played any RH games, but I still think it sucks that the Chorus Kids aren’t in. They could have had an incredibly unique and fun moveset.
Neither have I but I know a lot of folks would have liked them in. Rhythm-based movesets were never a thing in Smash before so it would have been neat.

krokotopia101

Smash Apprentice
If it wasn't for his spirit, I would damn well want this dude as a Rhythm Heaven rep. It makes sense.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
They aren’t going to pre-emptively add characters from new IPs before the game is even out. That’s a huge risk when Astral Chain could flop for all we know.

ShotoStar 2

Smash Journeyman
Would people be disappointed if more reps came in from existing franchies? I'm not adding FE into the mix. On top of this it's not possible to get more existing reps until whatever Smash Ultimate sequel? And like...isn't there any other games Nintendo hasn't used at all yet in Smash or no?

I'll step down now. My pessimism is disgusting to everyone. Everything has been...a roller coaster of reluctance for me as of late.
Not at all as Geno is my most wanted character and the only character that could make me pop off including the DLC Characters so far. Banjo was really cool but he didn't make me pop off, Hero looks interesting and I'm interested in what their moveset could be, Joker is neat but none have made me pop off yet.

So no, I would not be disappointed at all. Geno would seriously be a dream come true for me I would love to see an official 3D render of him, I would love to play as the dude, I would love to see what Sakurai could do with the character, I would love to see what music would come with him and if they remix Beware the forests mushrooms how good would the remix be, Etc. So no I would not be disappointed at all.

Too bad his Mii Costume is probably going to come back.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I could've sworn there was an interview regarding Astral Chain where the creators said something like "we'll see how this game does though we aren't expecting it to be the next big thing" (paraphrasing a lot based on what I remember). If that's the case I extremely doubt they'd go through the lengths to promote it in Smash for this season.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Would people be disappointed if more reps came in from existing franchies? I'm not adding FE into the mix. On top of this it's not possible to get more existing reps until whatever Smash Ultimate sequel? And like...isn't there any other games Nintendo hasn't used at all yet in Smash or no?

I'll step down now. My pessimism is disgusting to everyone. Everything has been...a roller coaster of reluctance for me as of late.
Some of the most highly requested characters are from franchises already in Smash. I don’t think anyone would be upset.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Basically the Xeno series got three owners.

Xenogears on PS1 was made by square and is a legendary jrpg. Kos Mos was not in that.

Xenosaga 1-3 were on ps2 and made by namco. They continued the story because the team left square. They had Kos Mos as a lead character.

Xenoblade 1-2/chronicles X are made by monolithsoft for nintendo. Kos Mos was unlockable in 2. Because nintendo and namco get along.

She also was used as a heavy namco mascot for a while during the ps2 era and appeared in both project x zone games.
Although she wasn’t unlocksble per-se, KOS-MOS’s complete outfit was available to unlock in Soul Calibur 3 for the PS2.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I'm not too well versed into the Metroid lore since I don't really follow the series but didn't people lament that every hunter got a spirit but Sylux?
At least if I recall correctly.
There were only two hunters that got a spirit. The rest of the hunters including Sylux didn't get a spirit.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
i think the hunters with spirits were rundas and that weird guy who has detachable limbs or something

Playstation Guy 1000

Smash Journeyman
Here's My 10th Question

I know this is really unfair since we just got a 4th western made character(Banjo-Kazooie) but what country do you prefer to see more video game characters from
1:Japanese Made characters or
2:western Made characters

andree123

Smash Ace
Here's My 10th Question

I know this is really unfair since we just got a 4th western made character(Banjo-Kazooie) but what country do you prefer to see more video game characters from
I wanted to see more western made ones in the next smash.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Here's My 10th Question

I’ll go with Japan since my most wanted Professor Layton and Nightmare are from Japan and Phoenix Wright is from Japan California.

Still there's a whole list of western characters i'd like to see, I don't care about a characters country of origin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom