• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
I don't think a 2nd fighter's pass is off the table. This game is so close to perfect for many people that I think taking the extra time to make it perfect is worth it for both Sakurai and Nintendo.
While the answer to what other candidates are needed in order to make the roster "perfect" may be subjective (I mean I'd be fine with Crash &/or Rhythm Paradise character lol), with how insane the roster is getting (Banjo Kazooie AND the Dragon Quest Hero), it's awfully tempting to see how far the special piece of gaming crossover can go from here. And with the money Nintendo is pumping into advertising the Fighter's Pass with CGI trailers, who knows?

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I think times like these are crazy ... For Ultimate we got Ridley, K. Rool and now Banjo & Kazooie. WHAT are we going to support now!?
It is sort of truly the; "Don't ask me for anything ever again" sort of feel, but of course will we always want to dream about; "What more could be".

When I think of the likes of Ridley, K. Rool and Banjo, I'm thinking in the way of characters fans have been crazy for ever since Melee days. We don't have that many major juggernauts left. Still there are two slots left in the "fighter pass". Who do you think would be the next craze of SmashBoards/Bandwagon? Who do you personally wish for? Who do you think has a relative decent shot? And who do you think could come out of left field/a character people are sleeping on in your opinion?

Here are some that I support;

For me personally there is still one character that I truly dream of seeing, which is Crash Bandicoot. I think it's time, a great chance, he got relevancy and history with Nintendo. Grown up on Nintendo and PlayStation I always enjoyed the Crash series and have dreamt of him ever since I saw Sonic become part of Brawl.

Outside of Crash there is still Geno left of the juggernauts that I would love to see. More because of the concept and design idea for the character. (Shamefully admit that I've never played the game) ... Scorpion from Mortal Kombat is also one of those personal dream picks, but a lot of things makes me believe it's a bit difficult, but never say never.

Out of the first party there are of course Dixie Kong and Bandana Waddle Dee that I would love to see because of how they would round out their respective franchise out very well. Lip from Panel de Pon, Chibi-Robo and anything F-Zero are personal pipe-dreams of mine.
There are a lot of ways to go, and of course plenty of things to support and dream about. I just find it crazy how we live in the timeline of all these crazy characters actually made the most ambitious crossover in recent history.

Last edited:

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Just gonna toss my two cents here on which characters I'd like to see as the last two remaining DLC fighters. :kirby: (Although I am open to whichever characters end up getting in).

1. Bandai Namco rep - either Lloyd Irving, Valkyrie (Valkyrie games, and has cameo'd in other Namco games), or Heihachi Mishima
2. Konami - Goemon
3. Ubisoft - Rayman
4. Activision - Crash Bandicoot
5. Falcom - Adol Christin (from Y's) (A man can dream :mybodyisreggie:)

Wishfully thinking, I'd hope for Valkyrie and Goemon but... I'd be totally fine with Crash and any other rep.

The dlc speculation quest continues! :2gud:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
In my opinion although there are only 2 slots left, there are still a good number of 3rd party characters left to pick from like:

Scorpion/Sub-Zero: I have seen people suggest one or the other but I say why not both in a 2 for 1 package? Sure it seems pretty farfetched considering how different they play but a way they could make it work is a mix of :ultsimon:/:ultrichter: and :ultryu:/:ultken: situations where they take from each other to an extent in this case yet still have a few moves to call their own that they call for a different playstyle each, fairly certain if Ed Boon put his mind to it he could make it work and assist Sakurai in the matter if it ever happened.

Ryu Hayabusa: Pretty much the guy who kickstarted hack n slash into what it is today and also has roots on the NES.

DOOM Marine: Also a character whose original game kickstarted a genre into that it is today, in his case fps and also helps Bethesda is also on good terms with Nintendo.

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
Apparently, the Heihachi being retired stuff is all nonsense and just assumptions people made because the VA passed away and Heihachi was killed off in Tekken 7. So there's still a chance for him.

Honestly, these are the characters that actually have a chance as DLC this Fighter Pass:

Who's Getting In.jpg

Reasons for character exclusions:
Any Sega/Square Enix/Microsoft rep: Already have one, it's hard to imagine getting another.
A Tales rep: We already have two JRPG characters as DLC, it's hard to imagine getting another one in this pass.
Gordon Freeman: Just very unlikely in general. :(
An Indie character: I just can't imagine one getting added over all the big franchises.

A Second Fighter Pass would definitely open up possibilities another character from Sega, Square, and Microsoft. As well as a Tales character getting in.
Also, maybe Gordon Freeman.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I think times like these are crazy ... For Ultimate we got Ridley, K. Rool and now Banjo & Kazooie. WHAT are we going to support now!?
It is sort of truly the; "Don't ask me for anything ever again" sort of feel, but of course will we always want to dream about; "What more could be".

When I think of the likes of Ridley, K. Rool and Banjo, I'm thinking in the way of characters fans have been crazy for ever since Melee days. We don't have that many major juggernauts left. Still there are two slots left in the "fighter pass". Who do you think would be the next craze of SmashBoards/Bandwagon? Who do you personally wish for? Who do you think has a relative decent shot? And who do you think could come out of left field/a character people are sleeping on in your opinion?

Here are some that I support;

For me personally there is still one character that I truly dream of seeing, which is Crash Bandicoot. I think it's time, a great chance, he got relevancy and history with Nintendo. Grown up on Nintendo and PlayStation I always enjoyed the Crash series and have dreamt of him ever since I saw Sonic become part of Brawl.

Outside of Crash there is still Geno left of the juggernauts that I would love to see. More because of the concept and design idea for the character. (Shamefully admit that I've never played the game) ... Scorpion from Mortal Kombat is also one of those personal dream picks, but a lot of things makes me believe it's a bit difficult, but never say never.

Out of the first party there are of course Dixie Kong and Bandana Waddle Dee that I would love to see because of how they would round out their respective franchise out very well. Lip from Panel de Pon, Chibi-Robo and anything F-Zero are personal pipe-dreams of mine.
There are a lot of ways to go, and of course plenty of things to support and dream about. I just find it crazy how we live in the timeline of all these crazy characters actually made the most ambitious crossover in recent history.
Oh there’s still hundreds of wanted characters for smash series by the fans everyone has different opinions

As a matter of fact Several of those characters got failed by assist trophy

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Just because old fanbases are finally getting their characters doesn't mean there aren't a lot of big names that would appeal to larger Smash fandom.

That being said, I don't see DLC continuing beyond the pass.More passes after this feels like wishful thinking than anything. Ultimate already has a giant roster, Sakurai is working on Smash for years (and appearently, not super keen on the idea of current DLC practice), Nintendo usually don't do DC that last for years and they're going to make good money even if there's only 5/6 characters as DLC.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
At best there'll be individual things like Echos I think. Mii costumes and such.
That’s a good point with Echos. They’re something that don’t take nearly as long to create and with Sakurai really highlighting them this game I could definitely see more down the line.

Nquoid

Smash Ace
Speculating whether we get a second pass feels pointless at the moment. I don't know what the normal attach rate for video game DLC is, but I feel like the only way this game gets 5 more fighters is if this batch sells insanely well. Like it's a complete no brainer to ask Sakurai to stay on for another year.

But then, a second fighters pass would inevitably have a steep drop off from the first in terms of numbers AND be choosing from a potentially less hype pool. Like if the fighters pass ends up being Persona, DQ, Banjo, Resident Evil & Tekken. Theres no way they can match the size of the franchises or just general want levels for the game.

It's fun to speculate that we might end up with 85 unique fighters when all is said and done, but I think we all have to prepare for 75 being the top and the next game inevitably making cuts

D

Deleted member

I honestly find another fighter pass difficult. If there's any more content as DLC apart from Mii costumes, I can only imagine maybe one or two extra newcomers at most and a few echoes. I think its unlikely that we will get new stages outside the pass and I can only see a new one at most.
Speculating whether we get a second pass feels pointless at the moment. I don't know what the normal attach rate for video game DLC is, but I feel like the only way this game gets 5 more fighters is if this batch sells insanely well. Like it's a complete no brainer to ask Sakurai to stay on for another year.

But then, a second fighters pass would inevitably have a steep drop off from the first in terms of numbers AND be choosing from a potentially less hype pool. Like if the fighters pass ends up being Persona, DQ, Banjo, Resident Evil & Tekken. Theres no way they can match the size of the franchises or just general want levels for the game.

It's fun to speculate that we might end up with 85 unique fighters when all is said and done, but I think we all have to prepare for 75 being the top and the next game inevitably making cuts
Considering that: Capcom would still have DMC, PW and MH for example; SE has still a lot more FF, Nier, Tomb Raider for example; Namco would still have Souls and Tales; MS would have Halo and Minecraft; Sega would have Panzer Dragoon, mainline SMT, Puyo Puyo and Phantasy Star; there's still Doomguy, Crash, Spyro, Ezio, etc. I don't think the pool of characters they can choose from is an issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Apparently, the Heihachi being retired stuff is all nonsense and just assumptions people made because the VA passed away and Heihachi was killed off in Tekken 7. So there's still a chance for him.

Honestly, these are the characters that actually have a chance as DLC this Fighter Pass:

View attachment 228142

Reasons for character exclusions:
Any Sega/Square Enix/Microsoft rep: Already have one, it's hard to imagine getting another.
A Tales rep: We already have two JRPG characters as DLC, it's hard to imagine getting another one in this pass.
Gordon Freeman: Just very unlikely in general. :(
An Indie character: I just can't imagine one getting added over all the big franchises.

A Second Fighter Pass would definitely open up possibilities another character from Sega, Square, and Microsoft. As well as a Tales character getting in.
Also, maybe Gordon Freeman.
I find Heihachi to still be in an iffy situation with the VA passing away. Even if the character being retired happens to be a made up thing, I'm not so sure if BN (and maybe Sakurai) would want to go scouting for VAs to fill in that role before the February 2020 deadline. Unless they had some voiceclips they could use for Smash or managed to get find a new VA in such a tight schedule or even make him a mute character, I don't think we'll be seeing him anytime soon.

Other than that, the only other person missing on this list is Nightmare, although Soulcalibur hasn't been brought up around the speculation scene until pretty recently and people seem to sleep on that franchise since Namco also owns Tekken.

I'm also of the mindset that a 2nd Fighter Pass won't happen, and when the 5th Fighter is announced, they're most likely going to say that he/she is the last fighter being added to Smash Bros. There'll probably be a few patches before they inevitably stop making them, and everyone currently working on Smash will move on to other projects, including Sakurai if he doesn't go on vacation. We'd be lucky if there even is a 2nd Fighter Pass given Nintendo's track record on DLC (I would also mention Sakurai's stance on season passes, but I'm not so sure he would reject a request from Nintendo; I could be wrong about that however).

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Just wait until there's a Minecraft Steve Mii costume. Everyone will lose their minds.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I find Heihachi to still be in an iffy situation with the VA passing away. Even if the character being retired happens to be a made up thing, I'm not so sure if BN (and maybe Sakurai) would want to go scouting for VAs to fill in that role before the February 2020 deadline. Unless they had some voiceclips they could use for Smash or managed to get find a new VA in such a tight schedule or even make him a mute character, I don't think we'll be seeing him anytime soon.

Other than that, the only other person missing on this list is Nightmare, although Soulcalibur hasn't been brought up around the speculation scene until pretty recently and people seem to sleep on that franchise since Namco also owns Tekken.

I'm also of the mindset that a 2nd Fighter Pass won't happen, and when the 5th Fighter is announced, they're most likely going to say that he/she is the last fighter being added to Smash Bros. There'll probably be a few patches before they inevitably stop making them, and everyone currently working on Smash will move on to other projects, including Sakurai if he doesn't go on vacation. We'd be lucky if there even is a 2nd Fighter Pass given Nintendo's track record on DLC (I would also mention Sakurai's stance on season passes, but I'm not so sure he would reject a request from Nintendo; I could be wrong about that however).
Doesn't Banjo reuse voice clips from B-K and B-T? The same could happen with Heihachi, it's just a question of whether Sakurai would see it as insulting the VA or honoring him.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Just for fun, I decided to look at the 10 most wanted Capcom and Namco characters (including the number they ranked) in Source Gaming's massive poll, which is kind of outdated due to Banjo and Hero's reveals, but because of its size, I thought it'd be interesting.

For Capcom, I had to omit a bunch of characters because they were either deconfirmed, or already appeared in Smash. There's a huge gap in some of them as you can see.
1.- Phoenix Wright (13)
2.- Amaterasu (21)
3.- Leon S. Kennedy (30)
4.- Monster Hunter (41)
5.- Viewtiful Joe (94)
6.- Jill Valentine (158)
7.- Arthur (165)
8.- Albert Wesker (217)
9.- Jon Talbain (232)
10.- Morrigan (237)
The omitted characters were Dante (14), Zero (73), Chun-Li (93), X (175) and Proto Man (190).

Namco was much easier since none of the characters here are already in Smash in any way, nor have they been deconfirmed.
1.- Klonoa (28)
2.- Lloyd Irving (41)
3.- Heihachi (58)
4.- Solaire (66)
5.- Yuri Lowell (76)
6.- KOS-MOS (82)
7.- The Prince (108)
8.- Velvet Crowe (135)
9.- Taizo Hori (150)
10.- Chosen Undead (180)

Ayumi Tachibana

Smash Ace
There was a problem fetching the tweet
There was a problem fetching the tweet
So, his friend saw a female character in the development alongside the Heroes and couldn't tell who she is because he didn't know that character but somehow he thought she looks like a character from a fighting game.
Hmm... maybe he got that impression because she was punching and kicking someone hard?
The leaker's friend is someone can actually go deep into Nintendo HQ and can see the development scenes. So I think he has at least some knowledge of gamings in general. It's hard to believe someone like him not recognizing Chun-Li.

Last edited:

Nquoid

Smash Ace
Just for fun, I decided to look at the 10 most wanted Capcom and Namco characters (including the number they ranked) in Source Gaming's massive poll, which is kind of outdated due to Banjo and Hero's reveals, but because of its size, I thought it'd be interesting.

For Capcom, I had to omit a bunch of characters because they were either deconfirmed, or already appeared in Smash. There's a huge gap in some of them as you can see.
1.- Phoenix Wright (13)
2.- Amaterasu (21)
3.- Leon S. Kennedy (30)
4.- Monster Hunter (41)
5.- Viewtiful Joe (94)
6.- Jill Valentine (158)
7.- Arthur (165)
8.- Albert Wesker (217)
9.- Jon Talbain (232)
10.- Morrigan (237)
The omitted characters were Dante (14), Zero (73), Chun-Li (93), X (175) and Proto Man (190).

Namco was much easier since none of the characters here are already in Smash in any way, nor have they been deconfirmed.
1.- Klonoa (28)
2.- Lloyd Irving (41)
3.- Heihachi (58)
4.- Solaire (66)
5.- Yuri Lowell (76)
6.- KOS-MOS (82)
7.- The Prince (108)
8.- Velvet Crowe (135)
9.- Taizo Hori (150)
10.- Chosen Undead (180)
Every character there listed in the top 100 seems pretty reasonable to me (even including Dante).

But man, I know I was all for Banjo, but I'll never understand people being all about other 90s mascot attempts like Klonoa and Crash.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
So, his friend saw a female character in the development alongside the Heroes and couldn't tell who she is because he didn't know that character but somehow he thought she looks like a character from a fighting game.
Hmm... maybe he got that impression because she was punching and kicking someone hard?
The leaker's friend is someone can actually go deep into Nintendo HQ and can see the development scenes. So I think he has at least some knowledge of gamings in general. It's hard to believe someone like him not recognizing Chun-Li.
It may be because the character probably isn't Chun-Li. There's tons of female characters that can punch and kick really hard.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Be cool if it were Morrigan in response and commemoration to the announcement of an new Darkstalkers game though I'm doubtful that will happen anyways.

D

Deleted member

Actually I wanted to ask you something regarding the perception of some of the franchises on one of the old leaks. What are the Japanese stances on Doom and Ninja Gaiden out of curiosity? Doom is kinda Western oriented but dunno if there's something that we dunno about the Japanese scene and I have no idea about what people think of NG there.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
I’m sorry if this is a stupid question, but who is this guy and why should we trust him?

Is he a leaker who has gotten stuff right before?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
On another hand though Nakoruku would be an perfect choice for an female fighting game character and ideal choice for an SNK rep.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Every character there listed in the top 100 seems pretty reasonable to me (even including Dante).

But man, I know I was all for Banjo, but I'll never understand people being all about other 90s mascot attempts like Klonoa and Crash.
Can’t really speak for Klonoa, but I really wouldn’t call Crash an “attempt” when he completely blows Banjo-Kazooie out of the water when it comes to sales. The Crash N. Sane Trilogy has sold more than 10 mil according to Activision’s last quarterly report, thats more than Banjo series total sales overall.

You got to remember that the PlayStation completely dwarfed the N64’s player base. For many he was “The 90s mascot character”

Not saying this has any bearing on his chances for Smash, but there’s a whole legion of Crash Bandicoot fans out there due to just how successful the series was and currently still is.

Ayumi Tachibana

Smash Ace
It may be because the character probably isn't Chun-Li. There's tons of female characters that can punch and kick really hard.
Yeah, she may be not even a fighting game character.

Actually I wanted to ask you something regarding the perception of some of the franchises on one of the old leaks. What are the Japanese stances on Doom and Ninja Gaiden out of curiosity? Doom is kinda Western oriented but dunno if there's something that we dunno about the Japanese scene and I have no idea about what people think of NG there.
Doomguy, straight up a gaijin character from a gaijin game. The green Samus with a real gun. Maybe Master Chief is more well known. The other green Samus with a real gun. Most of them can't even tell the difference between Dommguy and Chief. Or maybe thinking they're literally the same character from the same franchise.
Ryu Hayabusa, they know he is probably the last big third party icon from the NES era. Understandable, but I think still people find him as a gaijin pick. I mean he is a ninja after all so yeah.

Last edited:

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
That's pretty high. Perhaps she has a bit more of a shot at being a ballot pick then I thought...Still pretty low in my eyes, but not negligible.
She’d be my Capcom choice. But I don’t think there’s any way she’d get in before Phoenix.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Even if this guy is telling the truth, the wording is so vary vague that it hardly matters. “Looks like a fighting game character” could very well mean that he just thinks that they look like they fit in a fighting game, not that they necessarily are from one.

If he’s telling the truth, the only thing narrowed down is that the character is female, which still leaves us with a lot of candidates.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, she may be not even a fighting game character.

Doomguy, straight up a gaijin character from a gaijin game. The green Samus with a real gun. Maybe Master Chief is more well known. The other green Samus with a real gun. Most of them can't even tell the difference between Dommguy and Chief. Or maybe thinking they're literally the same character from the same franchise.
Ryu Hayabusa, they know he is probably the last big third party icon from the NES era. Understandable, but I think still people find him as a gaijin pick. I mean he is a ninja after all so yeah.
Gotta say, after seeing so many comments about people downplaying anime swordmen as Marth clones. Your comment putting MC and Doomguy as green Samus comes as hilarious.

Anyways thanks for the input. Kinda imagined the perception of both, especially since the newest NG trilogy was originally released on a Western console and seems Itagaki was focused on a Western audience.

Nquoid

Smash Ace
Can’t really speak for Klonoa, but I really wouldn’t call Crash an “attempt” when he completely blows Banjo-Kazooie out of the water when it comes to sales. The Crash N. Sane Trilogy has sold more than 10 mil according to Activision’s last quarterly report, thats more than Banjo series total sales overall.

You got to remember that the PlayStation completely dwarfed the N64’s player base. For many he was “The 90s mascot character”

Not saying this has any bearing on his chances for Smash, but there’s a whole legion of Crash Bandicoot fans out there due to just how successful the series was and currently still is.
Oh I didn't mean anything disparaging when I said attempt. Crash WAS the Playstation mascot. But I see a lot of love for so many of these kinds of characters. People are going to love what they're going to love. And maybe its just me not able to relate to what is ultimately a very easy character template to port into Smash. But to me Sonic, Mario and Banjo all represent that kind of game and that era of mascot culture really well. Even if I'm sure people won't see it as complete till Crash is there

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

1.- Phoenix Wright (13)
2.- Amaterasu (21)
3.- Leon S. Kennedy (30)
4.- Monster Hunter (41)
5.- Viewtiful Joe (94)
6.- Jill Valentine (158)
7.- Arthur (165)
8.- Albert Wesker (217)
9.- Jon Talbain (232)
10.- Morrigan (237)

1.- Klonoa (28)
2.- Lloyd Irving (41)
3.- Heihachi (58)
4.- Solaire (66)
5.- Yuri Lowell (76)
6.- KOS-MOS (82)
7.- The Prince (108)
8.- Velvet Crowe (135)
9.- Taizo Hori (150)
10.- Chosen Undead (180)
Mah boy Phoenix, looking good.
Looks hella fake~

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Oh I didn't mean anything disparaging when I said attempt. Crash WAS the Playstation mascot. But I see a lot of love for so many of these kinds of characters. People are going to love what they're going to love. And maybe its just me not able to relate to what is ultimately a very easy character template to port into Smash. But to me Sonic, Mario and Banjo all represent that kind of game and that era of mascot culture really well. Even if I'm sure people won't see it as complete till Crash is there
I get ya.

I like Crash well enough, but personally I’m hoping we can have characters from genres other than JRPGs or 90s mascot platformers.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I think it's Velvet Crowe. Tales of is an action RPG that plays like Fighting Game and RPG Hybrid. And she does fight like a fighting game character, just with blades attached. Plus the insiders hearing some of the names of Tales characters beforehand. Plus Namco still only has 1 rep and is very lacking in content in general.

D

Deleted member

It's still rather vague since he's claiming his friend has no clue who this supposed female fighter is, but 1 of the replies to those tweets was asking if he could ask him to look at Jill and see if he recognizes her. Whether if the dude responds to that or not might be pretty telling.

Otherwise, I think there could be another explanation for this apparent female fighter. If said person didn't recognize who it is, it could just happen to be a model of a female character who's actually in the background of 1 of the stages rather than a playable fighter like the Phantom Thieves or even appear in a taunt for another character like Morgana and presumably slime. Of course, it sounds like a stretch to make, but if all he saw was a model and not actual gameplay testing, then there could be the case to be made that the female fighter part was almost right.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
I think it's Velvet Crowe. Tales of is an action RPG that plays like Fighting Game and RPG Hybrid. And she does fight like a fighting game character, just with blades attached. Plus the insiders hearing some of the names of Tales characters beforehand. Plus Namco still only has 1 rep and is very lacking in content in general.
Funny you mention that. I looked at her moves and they remind me a bit of Rugal and Crimson Viper.

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
When you feel anxious about your dream third party character that seemed impossible a decade ago getting into Smash, be comforted that at least whoever you're hoping for isn't mine:
1560675167446.png

Last edited:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I mean obviously they can start developing characters when they feel like it, but when they started working on the Fighters Pass content they claimed to only be working on Fighters 1, 2, 3, and something else (Stage Builder prob).

Additionally, like mentioned before, it could have been a background character yeah. Makoto from Persona 5 could fit the description of "looks like a fighting game character" for example.

The initial tweet where they said the Dragon Quest Heroes would appear was sometime last year if I recall correctly, so if the information they got from their friend is still based on that earlier tweet. The timeline doesn't make a whole lot of sense for them to know who the fourth fighter is since they shouldn't be focusing efforts onto them at that time.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Velvet would be....... an interesting pick to say the least.
I still don't think another JRPG character is happening. That tweet is so extremely vague that it can apply to a lot of characters.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I just saw the rumour about the female fighting game character.

And I'm not going to cap.

I REALLY, REALLY hope it's not a female SNK character in general. The chances are really high that it'll happen it the leak is true, but I still would rather have Kyo Kusanagi be in as DLC instead as SNK's character.

Assuming it's true and it's a female SNK character, I'm PRAYING it's not Mai. Mai's seen enough love from SNK when it comes to crossovers, let someone else have the spotlight.

We'll see when the time comes tho.

StephenASmith.jpg

Last edited:

Freduardo

Smash Champion

Does Bonk count as an attempt? Because then you missed the most important one.

But the reason is because mascot characters work well in Smash, just ask Mario, Sonic, and Pac Man.

Klonoa had some surprisingly good games and is owned by namco, so people want him. Crash was seen as the mascot of the playstation one, so people want him because sonic is there. Bonk was the mascot of the turbografx 16.

Now if you were to say Bubsy, Aero the acrobat, and Sparkster as mascot characters you couldn’t understand people wanting... that’d still be off, Sparkster is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom