• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
And, I mean, this isn't me saying "Erdrick, defined as the Dragon Quest III hero, won't appear", just that "It'd be a little more sensible to get a reveal at or around TGS if one of them is Erdrick, the Dragon Quest III hero".

So he would still get in, it just doesn't have to be E3 is all. Like how many are expecting Banjo or Steve to ride-or-die at E3.
Nintendo doesn't really go to those kind of events either. Not Nintendo of Japan anyway. It was noted in this topic a bit ago. So it's not sensible to use an event they don't use as is.

There's probably some other event that works besides e3, though.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up

What does everyone/anyone think of my Fighter Pass? I've seen many fans create their very own templates like this one, so I thought to join in & make my own. (BTW, my apologies if I'm interrupting any discussion going on in this thread, I just really felt like showing it around to the community.)

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord

What does everyone/anyone think of my Fighter Pass? I've seen many fans create their very own templates like this one, so I thought to join in & make my own. (BTW, my apologies if I'm interrupting any discussion going on in this thread, I just really felt like showing it around to the community.)
I think both a Tekken and a Soul Calibur character is bold since you're drawing from two different fighting games from Bandai Namco. I wouldn't rule it out form happening but I consider it unlikely. Chrono would be cool but I don't think he would anywhere near the first choice for another Square character unfortunately. Crash is probably the most likely to happen out of all of these imo.

BTW I interpreted the original post as you asking for feedback on your predictions. If this was actually you're dream fighter pass that you put out than my apologies for the misinterpretation.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

I doubt we'd get anyone but Nightmare for a SC rep. He's the mascot as is. Not just that, but he's extremely important as a character on his own merits.

Though if we get two Bamco characters, they'd likely be from far more different franchises. SC and Tekken have extremely similar gameplay in itself, which makes it less interesting for Nintendo and Sakurai to use. Variety is very important as is. We had tons of variable playstyles in Smash 4 DLC as is. We'd probably get a Tales of or Agumon in general instead of Sophitia or Jin. Rest looks nice.

D

Deleted member

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'M ACTUALLY ****ING SHAKING!! HOLY ****!

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
Dragon Quest Hero's trailer was excellent. I'm eager to get more info on how they play. Never played DQ but they really managed to pull me in with that trailer. Honestly wish it could be more of a surprise, but eh.

Banjo-Kazooie is honestly amazing to finally see come back, the trailer actually had me laughing super-hard, even better than K. Rool's.

A bit surprised at least one of them isn't immediately available, but just knowing who made it is fine enough. Breath of the Wild 2 is also an amazing announcement, beyond excited.

(Also, hopefully this serves as a lesson to people to not just go around claiming leakbait about things they don't want or people they don't like.)

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
about damn time Banjo made it!

Now all I need is Crash and my Smash dream is complete

Nquoid

Smash Ace
Considering I was holding off buying the full Fighters Pass till there were a few characters I was hyped for, I have to go and drop some cash on this....

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I knew nothing about Dragon Quest, and my biggest disappointment was that the Hero didn't bring his horse to Smash.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm just happy Luminary is the face. I honestly saw it coming a mile away, namely due to Tansut's exact statements.

Just what I wanted. Except the lack of a DQ1 Alt, anyway.

D

Deleted member

We actually got 2 reveals with The DQ Heroes and Banjo wooooo

but now we have to wait until Fall for anymore news about it ****ing a.

Edit: We have to wait for only Banjo in Fall. Whoopsies

Last edited by a moderator:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Have to say, I was very impressed with the way Hero and Banjo-Kazooie were both presented in the trailer.

Anyways, I'm eager to see who the remaining two guest characters are.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
The leak that claims that we're getting Velvet, Nakoruru, and Leon died because it didn't get BK.

tenworldsguy

Smash Apprentice
Alrighty

Here's my hot take (that's absolutely cold, once more), again

Nobody- and I do mean Nobody- who is expected will get in.

No Banjo, no Sora, no Erdrick, no Steve, none of that.

Part of Joker's and Plant's appeal is that (sorry in advance) nobody could have seen them coming. Looking back to Sm4sh DLC (I do recognize it was more casual and unpredictable but still), we can see that, leaks aside, there was no real way of predicting who would be DLC next. Fans predicted the characters they liked best, only to be let down once more when the chosen character was not theirs. Why would Sakuri suddenly switch this peculiar pattern just to suddenly choose your characters?

I'm almost certainly most ignorant. But I do believe most people discussing DLC place their own hopes over the scarce data that exists, acting as though they are surefire hits for the next character (I am guilty of this as well with Hat Kid).
damn.

not even any pikmin 4 news.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
We got Banjo, K. Rool, and Ridley in one Smash game, along with every single veteran returning. I feel like it's pretty safe to say that this truly is the ultimate Smash game.

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
Oh would you look at that, both Erdrick (or should we say, all the DQ Heroes) and Banjo-Kazooie got in.

It's almost like speculation blows worst-case scenarios out of proportion while Sakurai just goes for the obvious play that pleases everyone.

(I hadn't yelled in joy like that since...god, I dunno. Banjo's finally in Smash. The Nintendo Hall of Fame finally has its lost duo back.)

Last edited:

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
Oh, but the identities of the remaining two fighters haven't been stated or hinted yet, right?
With Vergeben, yes. However anything else he says in regards to Smash should be looked at really seriously from now on.

Also that Minecraft content he keeps talking about is still likely coming at some point so maybe Steve is still viable and could be the 4th or 5th character?

Gimmick-Hater

Smash Apprentice
That was whelming. I'm happy for fans of both characters reveal, but neither looked interesting to me. Also, Banjo is before my time, so yeah...

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
With Vergeben, yes. However anything else he says in regards to Smash should be looked at really seriously from now on.

Also that Minecraft content he keeps talking about is still likely coming at some point so maybe Steve is still viable and could be the 4th or 5th character?
He stated Minecraft content specifically right? I suppose it would probably go for anything then, whether its a character, mii costume or spirits. Guess we'll see in the coming months.

Staarih

Smash Master
Banjo is awesome, but honestly, I found the DQ heroes really exciting as well. I have no clue about Dragon Quest but they look fun to play as and the multiple skins look really cool to me. Nice.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Are you for real?
Hey, you never know. My chosen final two would be Phoenix and either Travis or 2B, but that doesn't mean I think they'll happen. I'm satisfied though. What a great lineup of characters. I'm gonna go binge happy reactions.

D

Deleted member

We currently have no idea who the last two DLC characters are.
It's going to be 1 hell of a ride now.

I'm still going with Ryu Hayabusa and Nightmare as the last 2 picks in that order. idc if they're swordfighters; those are the 2 I'm banking on being in.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Just out of curiosity, with these two reveals, who do you hope the last two DLC characters are?

I'm hoping for Dante to be one of them, but I'm torn between Doomguy and Sans - both of them could be entertaining. We could use a second Namco-Bandai character, but with the possible exception of Agumon, I don't know if I'd be excited for one of them as I would be for those three.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Just out of curiosity, with these two reveals, who do you hope the last two DLC characters are?
Professor Layton and Phoenix Wright are literally my two most wanted characters for this game.
It will probably be a miracle if they both end up being the remaining two characters unless there is another fighters pass coming up, but so long as I can get at least one of them, then that's a good enough victory for me for this game...

Last edited:

Nquoid

Smash Ace
Some combination of Capcom/Koei Tecmo/Bandai Namco feels like the safe option for the final two. I don't want to say who because we literally have Phoenix Wright, Resident Evil, DMC, Ninja Gaiden, Tales, Tekken and Soul Calibur to chose from between those.

As for my most wanted; Amaterasu and Lloyd Irving would make me happiest.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
We did it guys! Banjo is in Smash! After all these yearssss

I'm hoping for Dante to be one of them, but I'm torn between Doomguy and Sans - both of them could be entertaining. We could use a second Namco-Bandai character, but with the possible exception of Agumon, I don't know if I'd be excited for one of them as I would be for those three.
Phoenix Wright and Ryu Hayabusa are who I'm hoping for, but I would take anyone at this point.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137

Two spots is pretty limited, so I'll just rank which I think are the most probable characters in my opinion:
1.- Morrigan/Mr. Wright
2.- Jin Kazama/Lloyd Irving
3.- Doomguy
4.- A SNK character
5.- Ryu Hayabusa
I'm honestly just ranking them like that simply because the three DLC characters in the Pass don't follow any patterns aside from being third-party. Joker comes from an acclaimed game that competed with Mario and Zelda for the GOTY in 2017, Hero is a mash-up of pedigree and promotional purposes, and Banjo was one of the most requested characters since forever.

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord

Waluigi and Bandanna Waddle Dee but I've already excepted that neither of those are going to happen so I guess i'm just along for the ride at this point.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
If we go by third party character wise, I would opt for either a second Bandai Namco rep, SNK rep or Tecmo Koei rep.

Personally I would say someone from Tekken or Tales as the secondary Namco rep, Kyo, Terry or Nakoruru as the SNK rep or Ryu Hayabusa as the Tecmo Koei rep.

Flik

Smash Journeyman
Kazuya Mishima.
No idea on who else I would want that isn't in the game already in some form, but from the characrters already in the game, Dixie Kong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom