• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exiliify

Smash Apprentice
Just based off of VGChartz, Touhou has only sold about 0.3 million copies worldwide, but that doesn't include an awful lot of games and only really counts console releases.

Dragon Quest on the other hand has sold 78 million copies (https://press.na.square-enix.com/releases/1390/square-enix-announces-pax-east-2019-lineup-and-events ) and Dragon Quest XI selling 3.9 million copies across both 3DS and PS4.

Obviously not conclusive, but there's also the urban myth than the Japanese government based a law saying that Dragon Quest games weren't allowed to launch on weekdays for fear of impacting productivity.
Sales doesn't say much, like i said before Touhou hasn't been available for western countries unlike Dragon Quest until recently. So sales numbers aren't the best comparison in general

Last edited:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Sales doesn't say much, like i said before Touhou hasn't been available for western countries unlike Dragon Quest until recently. So sales numbers aren't the best comparison in general
The issue is that doesn't change the fact that Dragon Quest has been estimated to make $5 billion in Japan alone.

The two simply do not compare well in that regard, and to most businesses customer reception is generally determined by the money the product makes.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I think it's a good indicator of how much reach a series has.

Touhou indeed has a big fan activity in the East, but since it doesn't have big events in West, sales is a pretty good measurement of how big of an audience it has.

Dragon Quest is obviously the bigger one. That doesn't mean Touhou can't get in before it, but it's safe to say the former is overall more well-known.

Nquoid

Smash Ace
Last edited:

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
For DLC, lacking worldwide appeal is a rather big deal in itself. 3rd party DLC has so far always been a worldwide thing. Nobody is an unknown among a single main region of the three. It's very difficult to believe this will change.

Touhou is amazing and all, but it doesn't have worldwide appeal. This makes it iffy that it could come for DLC. Having good sales in one region isn't enough. They need sales worldwide, since Smash itself is selling worldwide. That's where it matters. One that is a bit more popular in Japan/US/UK is fine. Bayonetta is most popular in the UK after all, but she was easily sellable worldwide despite not remotely being a gaming icon. That's what made her work.

Overall, if they choose a character that isn't guaranteed to sell in every region, they're taking a risk. When it comes to 3rd parties, they take a bigger risk by pouring major amounts of money into that character's licensing alone. This means they have to be sure the risk is worth it. Some risks they may take. But some they won't. Touhou could go either way, but there's a pretty fair reason to believe it won't be Smash DLC here. It not being known worldwide is a huge factor to remember. It's not even niche worldwide, unlike Persona, which means it still is known enough to easily sell.
Makes me wonder with how Raymans apparently unpopular in Japan, in addition to already being in Brawlhala and a spirit.
Thus making the Rabbids the more Japan popular pick with their Mario game, plus the Smash clone THEY were in is much older than the recent Brawlhala

Ornl

Smash Ace
Top 10 of first non-anime-based third-party games best sales in Japan
Names in yellow mark licenses already appeared in Smash Bros.
1- Monster Hunter Freedom 3 (PSP) - 4.87M
2- Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies (DS) - 4.35M
3- Tetris (GB) - 4.22M
4- Final Fantasy VIII (PS) - 3.63M
5- Yokai Watch 2: Bony Spirits / Fleshy Souls / Psychic Specters (3DS) - 3.19M
6- Street Fighter II: The World Warrior (SNES) - 2.87M
7- Gran Turismo (PS) - 2.54M
8 - Chrono Trigger (SNES) - 2.02M
9- Resident Evil 2 (PS) - 2.02M
10- Derby Stallion (PS) - 1.96M

Others
- Super Puyo Puyo (SNES) - 1.69M
- Kingdom Hearts (PS2) - 1.49M
- Tamagotchi (GB) - 1.44M
- Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped (PS) - 1.42M
- Tekken 3 (PS) - 1.40M
- Virtua Fighter 2 (SAT) - 1.30M
- Xevious (NES) - 1.27M
- Minecraft (PSV) - 1.25M
- Dynasty Warriors 4 (PS2) - 1.13M
- Professor Layton and the Curious Village (DS) - 1.03M
- Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker (PSP) - 0.96M
- Mega Man Battle Network 4: Red Sun / Blue Moon (GBA) - 0.96M
- Xenogears (PS) - 0.89M
- Bomberman (NES) - 0.85M
- Pac-Man (NES) - 0.85M
- Yakuza 2 (PS2) - 0.84M
- Tales of Destiny (PS) - 0.83M
- SimCity (SNES) - 0.75M
- Taiko no Tatsujin (Wii) - 0.67M
- Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney (DS) - 0.64M
- Castlevania (NES) - 0.62M
- Dark Souls (PS3) - 0.54M
- Banjo-Kazooie (N64) - 0.55M
- Persona 5 (PS4) - 0.48M
- Sonic Adventure (DC) - 0.46M
- NieR: Automata (PS4) - 0.42M
- Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer 2 (SNES) - 0.4M
- Dead or Alive 2 (PS2) - 0.38M
- Harvest Moon 3D: A New Beginning (3DS) - 0.31M
- The King of Fighters '95 (SAT) - 0.28M
- Rune Factory 4 (3DS) - 0.22M
- Bayonetta (PS3) - 0.21M
- Assassin's Creed II (PS3) - 0.21M
- Tomb Raider II (PS) 0.20M
- Overwatch (PS4) 0.17M
- Okami - (PS2) - 0.15M
- Ninja Gaiden 3 (PS3) 0.11M
- Fatal Frame 2 (Wii) - 0.10M
- The Wonderful 101 (WiiU) - 0.08M
- Spyro the Dragon (PS) - 0.07M
- Shantae and the Pirate's Curse (3DS) - 0.04M
- Rayman Legends (WiiU) - 0.03M
- Shovel Knight (3DS) - 0.02M
- Undertale (NS) - 0.02M
- Scribblenauts (DS) - 0.02M
- Touhou Shinpiroku ~ Urban Legend in Limbo (PS4) 0.02M
- Cave Story 3D (3DS) - 0.01M

Exiliify

Smash Apprentice
Ok, i need to clarify something here, i never claimed touhou was larger than anything worldwide. When i said touhou is known worldwide i wasn't referring to sales because i know they would lose without corporate backing. What i meant was Touhou is known worldwide through fanmade material, thats why its more popular than video game sales suggest. Also Touhou fans in general are more likely to be on internet than you would find IRL. Why? Because Touhou has been mainly PC focused. Plus Google Trends doesn't help either since those fans already know where to find what they want. Danbooru have about 614k tags of Touhou pics, the next closest series is Kantai Collection with around 313k pictures. After that is the Fate series 140k

On Pixiv over 2 millions pictures are Touhou alone Fate/Grand Order has a bit less than 300k. Remember this is the internet because of this we don't always know where people are connecting from. Example: I may be in a different country than majority of users here, i don't know that. The next guy that could be from Europe or Asia (Not actually harassing or insulting anyone just making an example here) The point is that people can argue that touhou isn't popular based on sales, however, i can argue back that it is popular worldwide due the amount of doujin material that exist and we don't always know which user is connecting from where. So yes its not popular through game sales, but it is popular worldwide due to the amount fan works that exist. Majority could be Japan but we don't have exact numbers there or the rest of the world. I understand that Danbooru and Pixiv are mainly japanese user based, but that doesn't speak for the whole world, there is the number of people that may not make accounts that browse the sites.

If you guys want to continue discussing this and whether it its valid is all up to you, i cannot do anything about that. Just ask we stop this please no need to prove anything more about Touhou. We have our own preferences and lets all respect that please. (not accusing anyone for bias just stating something natural for us humans)

If we are going to speculate which characters are going to be in smash next, lets do it without being forced to provide proof.

Last edited:

Nquoid

Smash Ace
I think the important thing to realise is the difference between a passionate fanbase and a large fanbase. Whilst passion is certainly important, especially in raising the profile of lesser known picks that would be cool. 1,000 highly motivated and passionate fans is not the same as 10,000 less motivated people who would still call themselves a fan of a certain franchise or character. We've all seen sites skew towards franchises and nurturing a fanbase (just look at Tumblr during the SuperWhoLock days), but these numbers don't necessarily reflect the consensus outside of those communities

Both things can be celebrated, but I think everyone is in agreement that something interesting is going to happen with the rest of this fighter pass, whether that is the first playable indie character, a Microsoft character or just characters that aren't historically associated with Nintendo consoles. It's what makes this speculation period really interesting.

Exiliify

Smash Apprentice
I think the important thing to realise is the difference between a passionate fanbase and a large fanbase. Whilst passion is certainly important, especially in raising the profile of lesser known picks that would be cool. 1,000 highly motivated and passionate fans is not the same as 10,000 less motivated people who would still call themselves a fan of a certain franchise or character. We've all seen sites skew towards franchises and nurturing a fanbase (just look at Tumblr during the SuperWhoLock days), but these numbers don't necessarily reflect the consensus outside of those communities

Both things can be celebrated, but I think everyone is in agreement that something interesting is going to happen with the rest of this fighter pass, whether that is the first playable indie character, a Microsoft character or just characters that aren't historically associated with Nintendo consoles. It's what makes this speculation period really interesting.
Very good points

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
E3 is getting closer and closer, so if there's going to be a near-E3 direct Smash Bros direct announcing two characters like last time, they oughta announce it soon, even if it's only a few days in advance like other directs. Otherwise, we could just get one Smash reveal during the E3 presentation.

There was that blue dot thing suggesting they've uploaded a new video to the Smash YT channel; that'd fit in line with if there was one new trailer for E3, but less so if there was a standalone direct video that'd also need separate videos for two character trailers. Unless there was some sighting of the blue dot thing occuring multiple times, but I don't know if that was definitely a thing or just some misinformation on the forums here.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
E3 is getting closer and closer, so if there's going to be a near-E3 direct Smash Bros direct announcing two characters like last time, they oughta announce it soon, even if it's only a few days in advance like other directs. Otherwise, we could just get one Smash reveal during the E3 presentation.

There was that blue dot thing suggesting they've uploaded a new video to the Smash YT channel; that'd fit in line with if there was one new trailer for E3, but less so if there was a standalone direct video that'd also need separate videos for two character trailers. Unless there was some sighting of the blue dot thing occuring multiple times, but I don't know if that was definitely a thing or just some misinformation on the forums here.
They could announce it on the E3 presentation proper, or if they want E3 to focus more on upcoming games, they could announce it a few days prior. Honestly, it could be anytime between June 1st and E3 presentation day.

Do we have anything new on datamines? Was busy with work and getting my butt kicked at locals. Anything interesting?

Last edited:

Exiliify

Smash Apprentice
Would be interesting if the rest of the newcomers for this fighters pass all came from fighting games that have notable history and impact. Not sure 100% about KoF, SoulCalibur, Tekken, Guilty Gear, Blazeblue (COUNTER!).

But I doubt that since it can be difficult diversifying the roster from the more traditional fighting games, which is why it’s likely we will get a mix of characters from fighting and non fighting games.

When’s Mahvel? ;)

Last edited:

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
I mean, we've only got a couple of characters from traditional fighting games as it is, and I have to wonder if they'd just leave it at Ken and Ryu and look for other choices, or at least I hope so.

Exiliify

Smash Apprentice
I mean, we've only got a couple of characters from traditional fighting games as it is, and I have to wonder if they'd just leave it at Ken and Ryu and look for other choices, or at least I hope so.
SoulCalibur could bring characters with different weapons than just swords but not sure who the main rep would be? Totally fine as well if just Ryu and Ken representing traditional fighters.

I wonder if we might see an original playable character in smash some day? inspiration for mechanics can come from different series. Curious to what Nintendo could do in terms of character design.

Anyone else would like to see more female characters particularly from series already represented in smash? Like Amy or Blaze, Chun-Li, Roll, Jeanne, Linkle (I know she not technically a Zelda character but female link would be neat), Impa, Midna, any others you would like to see or has a good chance?

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Here is my final Smash Ultimate roster. It is based on the ideals I put in my Ultimate thoughts thread earlier. Three new Nintendo newcomers: Tom Nook, Dixie Kong, and Chorus Kids. Every big, influential Japanese gaming third party is in, with every big Japanese company represented. I believe this roster embodies all of Nintendo's all stars and represents Japanese gaming as a whole. What is your opinion on this roster? How would you react if this was the final roster?

D

Deleted member

SoulCalibur could bring characters with different weapons than just swords but not sure who the main rep would be?
Between Nightmare and Mitsurugi, I'd go with Nightmare since I prefer his overall design over the latter's.

Here is my final Smash Ultimate roster. It is based on the ideals I put in my Ultimate thoughts thread earlier. Three new Nintendo newcomers: Tom Nook, Dixie Kong, and Chorus Kids. Every big, influential Japanese gaming third party is in, with every big Japanese company represented. I believe this roster embodies all of Nintendo's all stars and represents Japanese gaming as a whole. What is your opinion on this roster? How would you react if this was the final roster?

5 Capcom reps Smash may as well be called Nintendo vs Capcom

This roster has Ryu Hayabusa. I'm sold already.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
If we are going to speculate which characters are going to be in smash next, lets do it without being forced to provide proof.
But by not requiring some measure of evidence to make a claim possible, you can end up opening the floodgates to basically any character being considered valid in terms of Smash speculation. We don't need character speculation to become the Wild West where anything goes.

If I can speculate about Optimus Prime or Twilight Sparkle being the next Fighters Pass characters, for example, and not have to provide some level of evidence that could help support the idea that either character is a possibility at all, there'd be basically no limits as to what we consider "possible" in terms of Smash. I'd rather keep things constrained to reasonable choices over picking wacky characters for uniqueness points.

Akg0001

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Akin01

Add Banjo and Crash Bandicoot and its perfect!

frozolloyd

Smash Apprentice

Honestly, I would love this roster. A bunch of characters from Nintendo specific characters (Although I'm curious how Tom Nook would play compared to Isabelle and Villager), a few left field picks like Layton and Frogger(on a side note, Frogger would be really interesting as a character) and a few fan favorite 3rd parties (Dante and Sora would be LIT). The only minor nitpick I have with this roster, which this is coming from a huge Lloyd fan, is that I hope they would completely redo LLoyd's design (or make his design closer to what it was in Tales of Symphonia 2) and not use that design from Soul Caliber at all. I'm not sure if its just me, but that Soul Caliber render of Lloyd make him appear A LOT uglier then he actually is in his own game.

Last edited:

Robdelia

Smash Apprentice
SoulCalibur could bring characters with different weapons than just swords but not sure who the main rep would be? Totally fine as well if just Ryu and Ken representing traditional fighters.
I feel like Nightmare would fill the role of a SC rep quite nicely. Maybe have Seigfried as an echo?

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

Sensing a glaring lack of Phoenix Wright, but an amazing roster nonetheless.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion

Since I know a big part of your character choices revolve around influential JP gaming companies, what do you think about From software? In the past decade the souls series have exploded in popularity. I don’t buy that “leak” with artorias in it, but I did get me thinking about the impact the Souls series and From Software have in the industry.

Also I really wish we got more rhythm heaven content in Smash, I can understand why it might be difficult to implement a rhythm based fighter, but I wish they’d at least give us a stage and more music from the series.

D

Deleted member

I highly approve.
Add Zero and Raiden and I'll never ask for anything ever again.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Since I know a big part of your character choices revolve around influential JP gaming companies, what do you think about From software? In the past decade the souls series have exploded in popularity. I don’t buy that “leak” with artorias in it, but I did get me thinking about the impact the Souls series and From Software have in the industry.

Also I really wish we got more rhythm heaven content in Smash, I can understand why it might be difficult to implement a rhythm based fighter, but I wish they’d at least give us a stage and more music from the series.
I think Dark Souls is possible. I pretty much see Dark Souls everywhere in social media memes and misused titles in articles. A big influential IP for sure that brought back difficulty in gaming back in the mainstream. Sales-wise, it's getting close to becoming a huge IP with nearly 15 mil. in sales, though not selling as high as Tales Of.

I could see another Bayonetta-esque situation with Dark Souls though. Kinda like how SEGA is to a lower company with Atlus with Persona as the company's biggest selling IP to Bandai Namco is to a lower company with From Software with Dark Souls as its biggest IP.

thisjustin2001

Smash Apprentice
I'd feel inclined to argue that the Dragon Quest IP is definitely the bigger powerhouse compared to Touhou based on sales numbers alone.
It doesn't necessarily matter how niche either's representative is in the west, the brand name for Dragon Quest still means something to more of the general consumer than the Touhou Project does.

That doesn't mean a character can't happen, anything is possible if there is enough demand behind it. I just think comparing the two is a bit grossly underestimating how big the Dragon Quest IP is in comparison. In this situation, a Dragon Quest character is kinda like Mega Man, Sonic, or PAC-MA. Whereas a character from Touhou would be similar to that of Bayonetta or Joker, someone that is definitely popular, but not with the same legacy behind them as the characters mentioned before. I mean if it means anything, I think Reimu would be the best character from the indie scene next to Shovel Knight (the character that is literally in the game already in some form). Not my choice, but a real good fit nonetheless. I'm a Cave Story guy myself.
Ooh! You have good taste. I'm just imagining how cool it would be to see Quote/Curly join Smash with an Island Core or Mimiga Village stage, and the music...THE MUSIC. Having rearrangement of the Cave Story OST in Smash would be so amazing!

I wonder if we might see an original playable character in smash some day? inspiration for mechanics can come from different series. Curious to what Nintendo could do in terms of character design.

Anyone else would like to see more female characters particularly from series already represented in smash? Like Amy or Blaze, Chun-Li, Roll, Jeanne, Linkle (I know she not technically a Zelda character but female link would be neat), Impa, Midna, any others you would like to see or has a good chance?
I'd love Midna. I've always wanted both Midna and a beast rider character in Smash, so that'd be so cool to see! Chun-Li, Hornet (Hollow Knight) and Lara Croft would be really great picks as well. Dixie Kong, Ms. Pac-Man, Hilda and Paula would be cool if we're going the echo route.

I adore Tom Nook and I was disappointed when that but after Isabelle's trailer wasn't a reveal for a Tom Nook echo fighter, so it'd be so great to finally see him on the roster. I've really wanted him since Brawl.

Frogger is so wild and unexpected, and I'd love him to join the battle!

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master

Interesting. Probably would like Bomberman in place of Frogger (nothing against him, I just think Bomber would have a more unique playstyle) and arguably Marshal in place of Chorus Kids (I think RH would be better suited for a character that could represent multiple minigames). To answer your question, I guess this would make me happy, mainly with Sora and Dixie.

Also, don't wanna be that guy, but... damn, that's a lot of Capcom characters, though they have some of the best third party contenders, so I guess it's understandable. Why no Phoenix tho?

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Also, don't wanna be that guy, but... damn, that's a lot of Capcom characters, though they have some of the best third party contenders, so I guess it's understandable. Why no Phoenix tho?
5 of Capcom IPs are super successful in terms of sales, so it's no surprise that I'd add Monster Hunter, Leon, and Dante.

As for Phoenix Wright, it's not that I excluded him because I didn't want the rivalry with Layton. It's that the franchise is one Capcom's less successful IPs, it's surprisingly less prominent than Dead Rising and even Onimusha.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
5 of Capcom IPs are super successful in terms of sales, so it's no surprise that I'd add Monster Hunter, Leon, and Dante.

As for Phoenix Wright, it's not that I excluded him because I didn't want the rivalry with Layton. It's that the franchise is one Capcom's less successful IPs, it's surprisingly less prominent than Dead Rising and even Onimusha.
Yet, it's more iconic than either of those two franchises.

Flyboy

Smash Hero

No Phoenix Wright means I'm about to Phoenix Fight

3BitSaurus

Smash Master

Interestingly, yes. In Onimusha's case, I'd argue that Capcom hasn't pushed for it that much in past years. Ace Attorney, despite technically selling less, is iconic inside its genre. Yes, MH and RE are larger than AA, that's a fact. But remember, sales are just one factor.

That said, it's not like I dislike your choices. All of them were really well done in MvC and I'd really like to see them expanded in Smash. Phoenix will always be number one for me, though.

Last edited:

thisjustin2001

Smash Apprentice

The only big holes in this roster (besides western characters) imo is one missing Nintendo Allstar, Toad. And the last thing, I think an indie character would complete this roster. Indies have done so much for Nintendo and the gaming scene as a whole, so it'd be nice to see them represented here.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Wouldn’t Joker count? Or
I would love to have Medusa. Female character AND villain? As well as Being another character in my 3rd most liked Nintendo series.

Chun Li would be sick! Shouldn’t be hard to work from Ryu/Ken since her specials are pretty similar. (Kikouken = Hadouken, Spinning bird kick = Tatsumaki, Tenshokyaku = shoryuken(or more specifically, that Mii Brawler Up+B that does lots of kicks).

Roll, I would like too. If she had her moveset from TvC, then perfect. If she gets one similar to MvC then that’s fine too. If she gets a bunch of Megaman customs from Smash 4, then cool as well!

Amy, I would not object, tbh. Speedy character with fancy hammer moves. She can take a lot of inspiration from Advance 1,2,3, Heroes and Battle.

As for un represented. I would like to see Sophitia from the Soul Edge/Calibur series.

And Patoko / Ekoro / Risu from the Gal Gun series

Oh, and Ayame from Ninja Gaiden / DoA

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

I'm not too familiar with the company outside of Harvest Moon and Medabots, but if you're mainly focusing on Japanese companies, what about a Natsume franchise, Blue?
Unless you included one and I missed it due to my own ignorance...

Not sure how likely the company is in getting a character in general since they don't seem to be talked about much but I guess there's that.

Nice roster though.

Last edited:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Ooh! You have good taste. I'm just imagining how cool it would be to see Quote/Curly join Smash with an Island Core or Mimiga Village stage, and the music...THE MUSIC. Having rearrangement of the Cave Story OST in Smash would be so amazing!
I would be very ecstatic if Curly was an alternate costume option, or maybe even an echo fighter so she could have more personality in her animations.
With such a wide variety of projectiles and the potential of the leveling system, there's a lot to work with. I thought it would also be pretty crazy to see the Outer Wall as a stage, it's definitely the area I relate to the game the most. And its natural layout is pretty unique compared to the rest of the stages, sorta like Suzaku Castle in a way.
I wouldn't know how the remixed music could sound, but just having the option to use it custom stages or in arena lobbies would be amazing on its own.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Phoenix Wright is kind of a anomaly, despite not being the biggest series in terms of sales it really punches above its weight in terms being iconic and being well known. Most people can identify him as the “OBJECTION!” guy at the very least. It’s nowhere near as big as Resident Evil though

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Phoenix Wright is kind of a anomaly, despite not being the biggest series in terms of sales it really punches above its weight in terms being iconic and being well known. Most people can identify him as the “OBJECTION!” guy at the very least. It’s nowhere near as big as Resident Evil though
As I said in the Phoenix thread, a Resident Evil character is probably the only really big obstacle in his way. Dante was deconfirmed and I don't see Monster Hunter because we already have Rathalos in base game. I don't see why Sakurai would get the rights for the IP and then hold the possible character for DLC. It's not like Capcom is particularly hard to work with - they have the largest amount of content in Ultimate out of all third parties (maybe tied with Konami, both have 2 characters and one Echo, a boss and 2 stages. The difference would be Spirits and songs, but i digress).

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
I'm not too familiar with the company outside of Harvest Moon and Medabots, but if you're mainly focusing on Japanese companies, what about a Natsume franchise, Blue?
Unless you included one and I missed it due to my own ignorance...

Not sure how likely the company is in getting a character in general since they don't seem to be talked about much but I guess there's that.

Nice roster though.
I consider Natsume to be a small gaming company. Not as big as SNK or Arc System Works, in which the latter company is widely known for DBFZ now.

Honestly, the only big Japanese company I feel I am missing is Taito, I remember Bubble Bobble being the company's biggest IP and it had a rather notable presence outside of Japan. The company is widely known for Space Invaders and Arkanoid.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I consider Natsume to be a small gaming company. Not as big as SNK or Arc System Works, in which the latter company is widely known for DBFZ now.

Honestly, the only big Japanese company I feel I am missing is Taito, I remember Bubble Bobble being the company's biggest IP and it had a rather notable presence outside of Japan.
I see, fair enough.

I'm not really sure on how likely that company would be in getting a character at one point myself, but I thought I'd mention it since I think Harvest Moon is a fairly well known series from what I've seen around.
Not sure how a character from that would work but oh well. Probably something much akin to how Villager was designed I'd imagine...

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
You know, I'm surprised Frogger doesn't get talked about more often. Another classic, household name Konami rep whose moveset would be pretty interesting (a tongue-based grappler, perhaps?). I'd be down for Frogger. With a render similar to this.

1558481248315.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom