• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
...I tuned out of this discussion when people were talking about Goku or other non-video game characters, hope that convo's over.

Anyway, who wants to talk about Spirits? I'd love to hear about some unusual suspects that haven't been Spirit'd. (Yes, I know that Spirits don't deconfirm characters, but pretend they do)

On the Metroid side of things, Sylux has been pretty popular, although I'm surprised that they didn't include Rundas.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
...I tuned out of this discussion when people were talking about Goku or other non-video game characters, hope that convo's over.

Anyway, who wants to talk about Spirits? I'd love to hear about some unusual suspects that haven't been Spirit'd. (Yes, I know that Spirits don't deconfirm characters, but pretend they do)

On the Metroid side of things, Sylux has been pretty popular, although I'm surprised that they didn't include Rundas.
Rundas has been the most popular Metroid character by far, but one of the least important ones.
Even though I'd love him, he has no relevence, not even to the game het appeared in, so het has 0% chance

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
If only...

Yeah. Amaterasu's inclusion may do a bit more harm than good. After all, if she (a minor Capcom character) gets in then why not Dante? Why not Chris? Why not Arthur?

After Smash Ultimate starts to die down they should totally make a Nintendo vs. Capcom.
I don't see the issue with a 4th Capcom character. They will use any character they wish to use, and Capcom have proven to be very cooperative when it comes to Smash. Makes sense to go to them for more.

The question would be why: Why Amaterasu? Okami's a good game, but it seems odd to pick her over Dante (who is more recognizable and a new game incoming), a Resident Evil character (iconic and got/getting Switch ports), or even Phoenix Wright (around the same level of being recognizable, but Ace Attorney has more of a future and has ports coming on Switch). It would be a very peculiar choice by Nintendo.

Last edited:

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Maybe I'm overthinking too much on to this, but has anyone noticed Piranha Plant costs the same as Corrin (even though it doesn't even come with songs)?
https://smashbros.nintendo.com/buy/dlc/
https://www.smashbros.com/wiiu-3ds/us/dlc/index.html
Seems like we really shouldn't expect first-party characters, or at least, not ones that come from already-represented franchises in the game, except for some that could benefit from having a second stage like Xenoblade or Final Fantasy.

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Maybe I'm overthinking too much on to this, but has anyone noticed Piranha Plant costs the same as Corrin (even though it doesn't even come with songs)?
Seems like we really shouldn't expect first-party characters, or at least, not ones that come from already-represented franchises in the game, except for some that could benefit from having a second stage like Xenoblade or Final Fantasy.
Nah this doesn't prove anything. Corrin came with two songs but no stage, hence the similar price.

A new fighter from an already represented series could come with a new stage and more music easily, thus justifying the extra dollar.

Having said that, I don't expect current series to receive more fighters for this pass.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I don't expect characters from already represented Franchises. Not for Wave 1 at least.
People can spin it anyway they want, IF they want, and that's ok. But to me at least, Reggie said exactly that.
I'm only expecting characters that add more icons to the game, for DLC. With absolute certainty.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I believe the reason why the veterans are cheaper is because of that-They already have previous Smash appearances to draw from, and Corrin couldn't.

In other words, the price is about the work load. PP and Corrin not having stages=less work to be done. And you bet they'd want to compensate for the lack of new stages regardless of their origin series.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I don't see the issue with a 4th Capcom character. They will use any character they wish to use, and Capcom have proven to be very cooperative when it comes to Smash. Makes sense to go to them for more.

The question would be why: Why Amaterasu? Okami's a good game, but it seems odd to pick her over Dante (who is more recognizable and a new game incoming), a Resident Evil character (iconic and got/getting Switch ports), or even Phoenix Wright (around the same level of being recognizable, but Ace Attorney has more of a future and has ports coming on Switch). It would be a very peculiar choice by Nintendo.
I was more responding to the sentiment of "let's not flood Smash with Capcom characters" but you make a good point as well.

Of course, I am completely biased towards Amatarasu (if that wasn't obvious already) but I do agree that a character or characters from Devil May Cry, Resident Evil, Phoenix Wright, Monster Hunter, and Ghost and Goblins series would probably be returning veterans before Amaterasu would even be considered. And that's if they don't stop porting the game to newer consoles or get another popular series going.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I would like Amaterasu honestly. Okami on the Wii was a great game.

ZagarTulip

Smash Journeyman
I would love it if there was a Temtem character in Smash Bros. I feel Pigepic would make the most sense but any Temtem could do the trick.

It would be able to come with cool music and a cool stage as well

D

Deleted member

Thoughts on this?
Its a bit lame announcement as of now really, MS is just releasing tools for other developers to make easier the integration of Xbox Live with cross-platform titles that are also on the Switch and mobile platforms. Its basically just the same Xbox Live stuff that Minecraft has currently, but now its open for 3rd parties. Its not actually saying anything regarding Xbox games coming to Switch.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Microsoft is setting the seeds for their eventual exit from the console market.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I thought Microsoft was gonna release gamepass on Switch :c

pls Microsoft.

although they would have to make everyone create ports of its games so...okay just give me Rare Replay I don't actually play the gamepass stuff anyway outside of B-K (though give me Terraria too).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Who is this person?
A voice actor, Cristina Vee, among the characters she voices are:
-Noel from Blazblue
-Velvet from Tales of Vesperia
-One of the female Cross from Xenoblade X
-5-Volt and 13-Amp from WarioWare
-Shantae
-Edelgard from the new FE
People are expecting to be Smash related. Would be cautious honestly.

Last edited by a moderator:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
-Noel from Blazblue
-Shantae
I see, thanks. Can’t see any of those characters making it in except maybe Edelgard, but yeah, not expecting anything really.

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
-Noel from Blazblue
-Shantae
You know the voice actress for Elma was doing cryptic things earlier which people thought meant Smash stuff too, wonder if they are both related to Xenoblade Chronicles X?

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Okay, I know it's a super long shot, but Velvet being the Tales rep in Smash would be amazing.

However...this may bode well for a Xenoblade X port since Caitlin Glass (Elma) also announced a secret project...

DaChef

Smash Rookie
I'm actually hoping for a sequel to X since there was so much left unanswered at the end of it all. Also, if it is Velvet, then I hope to god I don't hear some stupid **** like she's a Corrin clone because of the arm.

D

Deleted member

A Xenoblade Chronicles X port would be great, even more with a sequel. Hope its a surprise announcement like XB2 2 years ago.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I've been out of the loop recently, so I go to check the latest "credible" rumors, and that has to be the most underwhelming group of characters they could have chosen.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I've been out of the loop recently, so I go to check the latest "credible" rumors, and that has to be the most underwhelming group of characters they could have chosen.
I called it the opposite of the Grinch leak for a reason: Catering to the idea that DLC will all be third-party promos vs. catering to the idea that SSBU will be full of fan requested newcomers.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Wait, what makes them "promos", aside from you not wanting them?
The only one I really wouldn't want is Steve. What I mean is that the leak claimed that the DLC characters would be promoting P5R, the Switch version of DQXI, Doom Eternal, Minecraft Dungeons, and a new Ninja Gaiden.

osby

Smash Obsessed
The only one I really wouldn't want is Steve. What I mean is that the leak claimed that the DLC characters would be promoting P5R, the Switch version of DQXI, Doom Eternal, Minecraft Dungeons, and a new Ninja Gaiden.
What?

Just because a character will have a game in a Nintendo console doesn't mean they are added for promotion.

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
What?

Just because a character will have a game in a Nintendo console doesn't mean they are added for promotion.
Yeah it's one of those things where every character is either "dead" or they're "promotional" and everyone seems to hate one or the other.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I know you guys want to pwn people who want Isaac epic style, but I'm not saying Doomguy, Hyabusa, Erdrick, Joker would be bad choices because they're promos. I'm saying that the leak said they would be promos. It would be hypocritical for me to think promo characters are bad anyway considering something...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom