• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Sora IS Disney content.
Remove the keychain? He appears in world of final fantasy just fine, keychain and all.
Since he is owned by Disney, if he gets in, he gets to keep his keychain and all assorted disney goods. (Though any disney would get in only so far as it would "fit" with the game, as shown in the past they try to maintain content "respectful to the brands". This would be for both Nintendo, Disney, and Square Enix Brands.)

Bruh, then how do Kingdom hearts exist? Kingdom Hearts is DIsney in Partnership with Square Enix.

Disney and Nintendo already work together plenty of times before, so already this is a moot point. http://nintendo.wikia.com/wiki/Disney

The thing about Kingdom Hearts Crossovers outside the series is that they were limited time offers. King Mickey and Keyblade for Disney infinity was only available at D23 expo https://comicbook.com/2015/08/16/kingdom-hearts-comes-to-disney-infinity-at-d23-expo/. And Sora was free DLC for Final Fantasy World for Playstation only (not PC) for a limited time. It's quite mysterious, but it could be because it took some fiddling and planning to get Sora out there in these games, so these were made into a special events.
Yeah, but I don’t think anyone wants Mickey Mouse (even the King Mickey incarnation) or Yen Sid to get into Smash in any shape or form. Opens up a whole new and very ugly can of worms.

In case we had a misunderstanding, I wasn’t suggesting they remove the Disney content for copyright reasons (although there could be complications, as I imagine Disney is more lenient with lending the rights to Sora than with Mickey’s), but because most people are against seeing non-videogame characters in Smash.

(And I never said to remove the keychain, read my sentence again)

Last edited:

CHAMPIONX9

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, but I don’t think anyone wants Mickey Mouse (even the King Mickey incarnation) or Yen Sid to get into Smash in any shape or form. Opens up a whole new and very ugly can of worms.

In case we had a misunderstanding, I wasn’t suggesting they remove the Disney content for copyright reasons (although there could be complications, as I imagine Disney is more lenient with lending the rights to Sora than with Mickey’s).
Any disney would get in only so far as it would "fit" with the game. Same with why you don't see final fantasy in disney infinity or Goofy in Final Fantasy World. As to what would fit that is debatable and subjective. TBH in the ultimate discussion thread opinions were mixed on Mickey Mouse.
but because most people are against seeing non-videogame characters in Smash.
I trust in Sakurai to filter things.

And I never said to remove the keychain, read my sentence again)
Sorry I misread, but it's a common argument so I'm glad it's out there.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
One has to remember that licensed video games are also part of gaming history. Also, um, yes, people do want to see Mickey in Smash. It has fans.

Practically every character wants to be seen in Smash by someone. Doesn't mean it'll happen, of course.

That said, the thing about Sora is that the Disney content(not OC stuff) is also part of the charm. So finding a way to make the series feel right in Smash while appeasing the fans is important. I'd expect pure game stuff(though whether they change the keychain or not is harder to say. If licensing isn't an issue, I think it'll be left in), but we can't say for sure until Sora is in the game. If it happens, Sakurai could surprise us. Remember, they're his guidelines. He breaks the mold sometimes.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
So, I've heard that Magolor was one of the most popular newcomer choices in Japan, but I never really see anyone talking about him. Do you guys think Magolor is an actual possibility?

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
So, I've heard that Magolor was one of the most popular newcomer choices in Japan, but I never really see anyone talking about him. Do you guys think Magolor is an actual possibility?
I'd mark him down as a likely boss character.

He has to (most likely) compete with Bandana Dee for a spot and Bandana Dee has the huge advantage of being popular in both the west and Japan.

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
Dr. Mario 64 literally came out 6 months prior to Melee, and the Gamecube launched the same month as Melee''s .. trust me, no one cared about Dr. Mario 64.. I doubt Sakurai threw in Dr. Mario due to his Nintendo 64 game.

Megamans situation is not portrayed poorly Megaman was nowhere near his star status that he was in the 90s.. the few games he received before Smash Wii U which the last one was 4 years prior were under the radar and barley anyone talked about them....this is mostly due to capcoms negligence of the character. Sure Megaman was sort of around but Capcom wasn't marketing him nearly as much as they used to and he was practically a relic. His Smash 4 appearance has aided his resurgence greatly.

The fact that most of those characters are from the NES days is moot because it proves the point that relevancy is none factor to Sakurai. If he cared about relevance we wouldn't have any NES era characters at all. The point is, he dosent care about it.

Also I would be hard pressed to say that a lot of these characters are from franchises no one remember's, maybe you don't because perhaps your too young, but I remember all of them except admittedly Game & Watch who pre dates my gaming years.. I had an NES and owned many of the games they come from as do many other's who play Smash. I've never heard Sakurai say he adds older characters for "shock value" seems more to me that he adds them like any other character for fans of those characters.. again because relevancy isnt as big a deal as the community likes to make it seem.
Those two were still relevant though. Dr. Mario had a new title, and Mega Man had a new title only 4 years prior to Smash, if he was irrelevant, then wouldn’t Shulk be, as his game came out in the same year and was a super difficult game to find. If they have newer titles on the previous console generation/ the in between of Smash games then they’re still relevant. It’s not like these characters are N64 or SNES relics, characters who haven’t appeared in like two decades.

2) Mega Man wasn’t neglected by Capcom. We really need to stop saying this, especially since we know what actually happened. It was clear that Mega Man was supposed to get some huge releases, including Legends 3, but that all changed when Keiji Inafune left. Clearly Inafune was making any production on Mega Man difficult as we’ve seen with Mighty Number 9, the dude loves to go out and try to do a million projects at once before he actually completes anything. Capcom parted ways most likely because Inafune wouldn’t just work on the game he promised, leaving the Mega Man series in a poor state as now the main director of Mega Man is gone. Capcom still referenced Mega Man in many titles and even supported a Mega Man and Street Fighter fan game, but losing a creator does significantly hurt a series, and since it seems to be more on Inafune, I can’t really blame Capcom for his death

3) Those characters you mentioned are the Retro Characters. Everyone in the Smash Community knows that Sakurai likes to fill one character slot with a random WTF NES character. Nobody ever sees the characters coming which is the fun of the pick. I doubt anyone really asked for any of the Retro characters as R.O.B. while important was just a broken toy that nobody thought would have a chance to come back with the only notable thing he’s done in recent years was try to kill AVGN, G&W obviously no one expected him, Pit was a weird choice as well and was clearly done so Sakurai could set up his next title as Pit’s design was updated. The only one people were expecting was Duck Hunt, but that was due to leaks and the fact that Sakurai had done it before with G&W and R.O.B., so a 3rd was inevitable.

I should state that Relevancy has no place in Ultimate due to the addition of K Rool, and maybe Ridley. If the character is a major player in terms of popularity than there is no reason they shouldn’t be included this time. I feel that the only reason relevancy is brought up, coming from someone who did use it, was because Smash 4 was sort of a dumpster fire and rarely threw a bone to old fans, relying more on modern characters than any previous Smash with all characters being somewhere in the Wii to 3DS era. It left the roster pretty uneven to be honest, so I’m glad the fans are filling in the missing members, but Smash 4 set a precedence for modern characters only with its many anime swordsman from the past 4 years, and lack of focus to any majorly established franchises except Mario. As Zelda, Kirby, Donkey Kong, Metroid, especially Star Fox, and others got pretty much overlooked. By the end of Smash 4, the moderns only became clear with Bayonetta joining due to her sequel, and the addition of Corrin, a character the West was yet to experience. I’m glad many of these characters are here, but it did leave a major burn on the community overall.

I honestly believe Brawl had the best newcomer roster in this regard. Combining old and new flawlessly to make one of the most interesting rosters, and putting a similar amount of focus on each franchise, unlike Wii U’s heavy Fire Emblem focus. In Brawl’s roster, we got classic characters like Wario, Diddy Kong, Wolf, Sonic, King Dedede, Metaknight, Charizard, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Pit, and R.O.B.. Then we got many new faces like Olimar, Lucas, Lucario, Toon Link, Snake (mainly known for the GC era entries), and Zero Suit Samus.

Sorry, I just wanted to give my perspective on the roster and how relevancy came in due to Wii U’s lack luster roster and huge emphasis on new characters.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Nobody agrees with me, though I think that Magolor is even more likely than Bandana Dee.

It's that I see Bandana Dee's situation similar to Toad's, he's that character who appears a lot but it's never the focus; even when he appears, there is something that detracts from him (such as, in Battle Royale, while he appears in the story mode, he is not playable in the actual multiplayer that's the main mode, and a regular waddle dee replaces him).
I wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai decides to give Bandana Dee some other role that's different from being playable, because it seems he dislikes the idea of giving characters like Toad a slot in the roster, and Waddle Dees are Kirby's Toads (they aren't "goombas" like many people say, they stopped being goombas since Kirby 64 when a Waddle Dee was a support character along with the main group).

In this case, according to the several polls around the web, Magolor is the second option, and the most likely, since he doesn't have the Toad problem.
I'm not a supporter of Magolor, anyway, it's just that I think he's the most likely Kirby newcomer.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
I wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai decides to give Bandana Dee some other role that's different from being playable, because it seems he dislikes the idea of giving characters like Toad a slot in the roster, and Waddle Dees are Kirby's Toads (they aren't "goombas" like many people say, they stopped being goombas since Kirby 64 when a Waddle Dee was a support character along with the main group).
I don't really think that Sakurai has really done anything to suggest he dislikes adding generic species characters. Prior to a few years ago, there have never been generic species characters that were important enough to include in Smash, so it's hard to say if Captain Toad is excluded because he's part of a generic species or because Sakurai just doesn't feel he's relevant/important enough.

JUNIT

Smash Rookie
NNID
JUNITO42
3DS FC
2981-9021-9040
I want:

Phoenix Wright

Isaac

Isabelle

Rhythm Heaven rep

Yo-Kai Watch rep

If even one of these gets in my life will feel complete

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
The characters I'm truly hoping for is Dixie and Isabelle(most people believe they're likely probably just trying to ease my worries) though I'm definitely accepting to the common mentioned possible newcomers people often mentioned which makes me glad.

JUNIT

Smash Rookie
NNID
JUNITO42
3DS FC
2981-9021-9040
The characters I'm truly hoping for is Dixie and Isabelle(most people believe they're likely probably just trying to ease my worries) though I'm definitely accepting to the common mentioned possible newcomers people often mentioned which makes me glad.
OMG YES I WANT ISABELLE SO BAD

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
While I know it’ll probably never happen, an Endless Ocean character would be really cool to see. That series is so underrated, weird since it sold decently on the Wii. I think it’s cruel that Smash gives Endless Ocean nothing, like people may complain about Golden Sun, but at least there was an assist and music. EO doesn’t even get the privilege of having some of its amazing tracks in the game.

If anyone cares, me and another user by the name of Cetus put this together to show why EO deserves representation in Smash, and what it could possibly have.
https://smashboards.com/threads/div...mash-made-by-cetus-and-captain-shades.458237/

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Nobody agrees with me, though I think that Magolor is even more likely than Bandana Dee.

It's that I see Bandana Dee's situation similar to Toad's, he's that character who appears a lot but it's never the focus; even when he appears, there is something that detracts from him (such as, in Battle Royale, while he appears in the story mode, he is not playable in the actual multiplayer that's the main mode, and a regular waddle dee replaces him).

In this case, according to the several polls around the web, Magolor is the second option, and the most likely, since he doesn't have the Toad problem.
I'm not a supporter of Magolor, anyway, it's just that I think he's the most likely Kirby newcomer.
Yoshi, Inkling, and every Pokémon ever shows he isn’t against generic species representation.

justPUNT3R

Smash Apprentice

Maybe Bandanna Dee could be an assist trophy (ala SSF2’s earlier days, before beta) or a part of a stage.

I want:

Phoenix Wright

Isaac

Isabelle

Rhythm Heaven rep

Yo-Kai Watch rep

If even one of these gets in my life will feel complete
I agree with you on wanting a Yo-kai watch rep, the series is a Nintendo exclusive, and is pretty popular, with the anime currently running its third season. Jibanyan or even just some music or a stage would satisfy me to no end.

StormC

Smash Hero
If getting the fourth main Kirby character is difficult enough, we sure as **** aren't getting Magolor.

Then we got many new faces like Olimar, Lucas, Lucario, Toon Link, Snake (mainly known for the GC era entries), and Zero Suit Samus.
Snake is uh, mainly known for a little PS1 game in 1998 called Metal Gear Solid, nevermind the fact that the character still dates back to the 80s. If Wolf and the gen 1 Pokemon are considered "classic" then so is he.

Capcom still referenced Mega Man in many titles and even supported a Mega Man and Street Fighter fan game, but losing a creator does significantly hurt a series, and since it seems to be more on Inafune, I can’t really blame Capcom for his death
Mega Man isn't some auteur series that heavily relies on the vision of Inafune like Metal Gear and Hideo Kojima. Inafune was just an artist and character designer until Mega Man 8 and tons of games have been made without his involvement. Capcom takes full responsibility for letting the series collect dust and teasing fans who have wanted a continuation until nearly a decade later.

I doubt anyone really asked for any of the Retro characters
Pit was a pretty common request for Brawl. Just look at the reactions to his reveal at E3 in 2006:

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Please do not double post. Edit your messages instead.

Toad was not in because Sakurai couldn't think of something for a moveset. Movesets aren't just slapping on moves, but actually seeing them work in his head. They need to dance at that point. Many previously denied characters had that issue. Ridley, Villager, Miis, and Pac-Man all suffered from that. Ridley is the outlier because he also had to deal with models that could not be downsized well.

If Toad gets in, it means he thought of something unique for him to do. Having something "they and only they can do" still applies. Chrom wasn't in 4 for that very reason, because he didn't stand out from Marth and Ike(and now he's a cross between them as a Roy echo).

Eternium

Smash Rookie
Maybe Bandanna Dee could be an assist trophy (ala SSF2’s earlier days, before beta) or a part of a stage.

I agree with you on wanting a Yo-kai watch rep, the series is a Nintendo exclusive, and is pretty popular, with the anime currently running its third season. Jibanyan or even just some music or a stage would satisfy me to no end.
I have a feeling Jibanyan will be announced in the next Direct. They’ve been holding back YW4 info from CoroCoro magazine and the western releases of Blasters (published by Nintendo, no less) just came out on Friday, a day after the scheduled Direct and that Friday saw a lack of a character spotlight on the SSBU site (meaning it was probably for a new character). I’m thinking Japan will get the first YW4 gameplay and release date in the Direct and we’ll all get to see Jibanyan join the battle.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
People requested for Pit? I thought up until Brawl he was one of those forgotten characters and was included due to Sakurai liking Kid Icarus which is why we got Uprising.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
People requested for Pit? I thought up until Brawl he was one of those forgotten characters and was included due to Sakurai liking Kid Icarus which is why we got Uprising.
Uprising was originally conceived as a Star Fox game, so it wasn't some grand plan of Sakurai to bring him to Brawl and then revive his series.

But yeah, Pit was definitely requested, by far the most requested from the NES era. Kid Icarus was a cult classic for older fans.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well it happened again

No update on the smash website

I know to am T there’s stuff on that direct now
It's going to be at least an hour before the update. Even then, is it that odd that Sakurai would delay the updates till the direct? It seems like a good idea to be patient in these cases.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
At the end, that Karate Joe of yesterday was most likely fake.
The leak thread on 4chan was filled with trash posts, but at a certain point, the author of the leak published a screenshot of the final smash. That was clearly fan-made.

The leaker claimed that the final smash consisted in Karate Joe transforming the opponent into a 2D (black & white) version of himself, and getting a lot of punches in the face. The picture had Kirby, with strange eyes and especially a very happy expression, when he was just getting punched. It just looked wrong on many levels. It makes me think that the leakers choose Karate Joe and Kirby because they are easy to draw, so that they could have made a credible leak with low effort.

Lastly, the thread was deleted.

That other leak of Karate Joe stuff leaked from the servers of the Smash site is not debunked yet (as far as I know), but since it's still about Karate Joe, it's likely that the two leaks are related and it was just a big fake made by a group of people.
But there are inconsistences between the two leaks, so there is still the chance that the first was real and the second was made by some trolls after it (though it's unlikely).

An interesting thing to note, is that the style of those pictures from the Karate Joe leak (the one that shown gameplay stuff) is similar to the one of those renders/in-game pictures that spread in the past weeks (especially the ones showing Geno, Banjo and Dixie Kong), so there's a chance that they are all fake and maybe made by the same person... it's still only a supposition, I have no proof of this.

Last edited:

Daedulus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Daedulustg
3DS FC
2380-8197-1533
Switch FC
SW-2767-1140-5910
Simon's a fun case. He was very irrelevant, but his series wasn't. That has been active for quite a long time.

But people are just forgetting that relevancy is a guideline, no more, no less. The closest thing to a hard rule is "Manga characters will not join the battle" at best, and that may be kind of iffy since it's only in context of 3rd parties, and clearly he doesn't have an issue with referring to non-game stuff within the series. Pokemon Trainer outright being compared to Ash as is. Though Pokemon could be an outlier instead of meaning anything.
The pokemon trainer or red is the in game equivilent to ash. Red as i will call him has appeared many times in the series, they can put him in as an like character but he doesn't get any flack because he is still his own pokemon character, its kinda like toon link and link. or fionna and cake to finn and jake if you like adventure time. :)

Daedulus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Daedulustg
3DS FC
2380-8197-1533
Switch FC
SW-2767-1140-5910
It's going to be at least an hour before the update. Even then, is it that odd that Sakurai would delay the updates till the direct? It seems like a good idea to be patient in these cases.
I think a newcomer or 2 is basically confirmed, the smash blog always gets an update regardless of the thursday, even the things that weren't newcomer related where put in similar or same files categories as the newcomers, and since nintendo only had a day to halt everything, it was probably faster just to stop the entire file from being uploaded, the second newcomer and/or echo reveal is from the fact that the everyone is here wallpaper gets updated everytime a character is added they probably wouldn't completey do only 1 character reveal for the everyone is here wallpaper.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The pokemon trainer or red is the in game equivilent to ash. Red as i will call him has appeared many times in the series, they can put him in as an like character but he doesn't get any flack because he is still his own pokemon character, its kinda like toon link and link. or fionna and cake to finn and jake if you like adventure time. :)
That isn't the point. The point is Sakurai felt fit to reference the anime strictly.

It's still weird how Red doesn't exist in Smash in any means, just his "body" under a different name. I get why, of course, because naming the character yourself is faithful to the series. Having a Leaf alt makes it even weirder. Then again, they still named the X/Y protagonists as "Pokemon Trainer", so it's not that weird.

I think a newcomer or 2 is basically confirmed, the smash blog always gets an update regardless of the thursday, even the things that weren't newcomer related where put in similar or same files categories as the newcomers, and since nintendo only had a day to halt everything, it was probably faster just to stop the entire file from being uploaded, the second newcomer and/or echo reveal is from the fact that the everyone is here wallpaper gets updated everytime a character is added they probably wouldn't completey do only 1 character reveal for the everyone is here wallpaper.
They won't update any newcomer stuff till the direct drops anyway. They skipped last Thursday's regular update(or the Friday update, if you will), so they'll continue to not post that information. I'd solely expect regular information, but nothing from the latest direct.

Daedulus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Daedulustg
3DS FC
2380-8197-1533
Switch FC
SW-2767-1140-5910
Warning

Corocoro is posting a magazine tomorrow so

If the rep from the delayed direct is a Pokemon then its gonna get leaked
that could be true, but then you forget that corro corro trolls a lot

That isn't the point. The point is Sakurai felt fit to reference the anime strictly.

It's still weird how Red doesn't exist in Smash in any means, just his "body" under a different name. I get why, of course, because naming the character yourself is faithful to the series. Having a Leaf alt makes it even weirder. Then again, they still named the X/Y protagonists as "Pokemon Trainer", so it's not that weird.

They won't update any newcomer stuff till the direct drops anyway. They skipped last Thursday's regular update(or the Friday update, if you will), so they'll continue to not post that information. I'd solely expect regular information, but nothing from the latest direct.
I meant when we get direct we will get at least 2 echos they will probably update then smashblog because they now have time to extract the non newcomer files

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470

In case we had a misunderstanding, I wasn’t suggesting they remove the Disney content for copyright reasons (although there could be complications, as I imagine Disney is more lenient with lending the rights to Sora than with Mickey’s), but because most people are against seeing non-videogame characters in Smash.

(And I never said to remove the keychain, read my sentence again)
You know. When you're talking about Disney, and you say this; "Opens up a whole new and very ugly can of worms."
All I can think of is;
a whole new world.jpg

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I think that if Disney characters appear in the game through Kinghdom Hearts, they wouldn't be in as 4th party reps, but as Kingdom Hearts reps.
It's a similar situation as Dracula from Castlevania... it's not the Dracula from the book, it's the specific Dracula from Castlevania.

It's difficult to explain, though I think it wouldn't open the way to 4th parties at all, it would be like Pokèmon... just because Pikachu is in the game it doesn't mean that he's the Pikachu from the anime.

I think that, if Sora is a newcomer, I wouldn't mind seeing a couple of Disney characters as assist trophies, as long as they are there as Kingdom Hearts reps and reference some Kingdom Hearts game mechanics and events. I don't think they would be unfitting at all, after all that's what Kingdom Hearts is about.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I think that if Disney characters appear in the game through Kinghdom Hearts, they wouldn't be in as 4th party reps, but as Kingdom Hearts reps.
It's a similar situation as Dracula from Castlevania... it's not the Dracula from the book, it's the specific Dracula from Castlevania.

It's difficult to explain, though I think it wouldn't open the way to 4th parties at all, it would be like Pokèmon... just because Pikachu is in the game it doesn't mean that he's the Pikachu from the anime.

I think that, if Sora is a newcomer, I wouldn't mind seeing a couple of Disney characters as assist trophies, as long as they are there as Kingdom Hearts reps and reference some Kingdom Hearts game mechanics and events. I don't think they would be unfitting at all, after all that's what Kingdom Hearts is about.
There’s a difference between Dracula, a public domain character (based on a historical, This also public domain, figure) and generally associated with the generic concept of vampires, and, say, Donald Duck, who is still very much an incarnation of the Disney character.

Castlevania’s Dracula isn’t meant to be the Bram Stoker Dracula, while Kingdom Hearts Goofy is meant to be the Goofy. (That’s just my thoughts on it, though)

SimonferSmash

Smash Apprentice
Not sure why some expect Sora tbh.

He's as much of a pipe dream as he can get.

It's been very much confirmed that he is copyright material of Disney as with the other KH OCs.

This means a ton of red tape hurdles to get through that aren't as feasible as say those solely owned by other video game companies.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
There’s a difference between Dracula, a public domain character (based on a historical, This also public domain, figure) and generally associated with the generic concept of vampires, and, say, Donald Duck, who is still very much an incarnation of the Disney character.

Castlevania’s Dracula isn’t meant to be the Bram Stoker Dracula, while Kingdom Hearts Goofy is meant to be the Goofy. (That’s just my thoughts on it, though)
I think it's the same situation, except that one has a licence and the other has not.
The Dracula from Castlevania is also the Dracula, because as far as I know (I'm not a castlevania expert), the original story of Dracula is canon to the games.
I think the only problem is the licence and the commercial logos of the Disney franchises, but aside of that, it's the exact same situation as Dracula IMO.

Kingdom Hearts is its own universe with its own continuity, it's unrelated with the comics and the cartoons the characters come from.

Anyway, Sora himself has the Mikey Mouse logo on the keyblade (ok, they can remove it, it's only a pendant, but still).

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I think it's the same situation, except that one has a licence and the other has not.
The Dracula from Castlevania is also the Dracula, because as far as I know (I'm not a castlevania expert), the original story of Dracula is canon to the games.
I think the only problem is the licence and the commercial logos of the Disney franchises, but aside of that, it's the exact same situation as Dracula IMO.

Kingdom Hearts is its own universe with its own continuity, it's unrelated with the comics and the cartoons the characters come from.

Anyway, Sora himself has the Mikey Mouse logo on the keyblade (ok, they can remove it, it's only a pendant, but still).
Fair enough, the Bram Stoker novel is actually canon to the games (if only due to Bloodlines, a side game).

I still think licensing would be so big a hurdle the only non-original element they might get is the keychain.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Wii Fit doesn't even have a viable choice, outside of splitting off the two Trainers, one being an Echo. R.O.B. has like... one character, and how can Professor Hector even work?

Like, it could've at least listed realistic ones. Animal Crossing, Sonic, etc.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'd love for Black Shadow to get in. More villains, the merrier. He and Medusa are two of my three most wants the other being Banjo-Kazooie.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Unless the balance board becomes a character... I seriously doubt this is real. Also the balance board already appears in the Wii Fit stage right? How many Alfonzos this game will need to have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom