• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Fellas, I just had a huge sudden realization. All of the third party characters have been on the back of the box art for the last two games. Meaning that depending on when the box art is made and shown to the public, Banjo Kazooie might not be the final character revealed, since the box art might be already known by then.

I posted this in the Banjo thread, but now I’m worried about other third party choices. Banjo, Rayman, Geno, etc would most likely be on the back of the box art. Although one could argue that given the amount of third party characters there are now, they can’t all be on the back of the box art.
I think for the exception of echoes like Richter (...And maaaaayyyyybeeeeee Geno but I'm still not certain). There won't be any more 3rd parties in the base game anyway. Would love to be wrong, but 9 (8 entirely unique) is already alot. But the good news is with how much 3rd party content we have already, surely DLC will also be prime time for more 3rd party content.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Maybe because it's the only leak in existence to have ritcher belmont as playable

Also has dark Samus and king k rool as newcomers

And the leak was made 1 month before the direct
I want to believe it only because it has Gardevoir (and was the only one to correctly guess Richter)..with Krystal & Ashley confirmed as Assists, I only have Gardevoir, Dixie, Geno, and Hilda (Zelda Echo) to hope for..

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
Maybe because it's the only leak in existence to have ritcher belmont as playable

Lol that's nothing considering it said Richter was in but not Simon, no? I may be remembering incorrectly, but they claimed Richter was coded in the demo version but somehow Simon wasn't, lol. Makes no sense.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero

Isn't that the leak that actually dismissed Simon Belmont being a playable fighter?

I remember reading that leak a few days ago and I'm pretty sure it implied we were getting Richter instead of Simon, not as well as him.

It sounds like someone who liked Richter over Simon just got lucky.

Last edited:

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
Isn't that the leak that actually dismissed Simon Belmont being a playable fighter?

I remember reading that leak a few days ago and I'm pretty sure it implied we were getting Richter instead of Simon, not as well as him.

Yup, they claimed to have gotten the data for the demo (somehow), and said that Richter was coded in the character select but Simon somehow wasn't, lol. Which wouldn't make any sense at all considering Echoes are certainly created after unique fighters are.

Morbi

Scavenger
It is funny, before the reveals, I was talking about how we were at the bottom of the barrel. And after two or so Directs, I return and almost everyone is talking about echo fighters and third-party characters. What happened to all of the viable Nintendo characters? Oh, it was just Ridley and King K. Rool? Ha ha ha... In all seriousness, at least speculation is on the right track.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Lol that's nothing considering it said Richter was in but not Simon, no? I may be remembering incorrectly, but they claimed Richter was coded in the demo version but somehow Simon wasn't, lol. Makes no sense.

Incorrect

It may not involve Simon but do you see The exact words in the leak "Simon is not playable" there's a chance simon wasn't in the data when he dug it (suposivly)

Talk to papagenos papagenos he can explain it a lot better than me he made a video about the leak

Last edited:

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
I just watched something on a leak today. They got Richter, no joke. They also got Dark Samus and K Rool.

He didn’t get everyone, but apparently he had the ability to datamine the demo used for the Smash tournaments and found some things.

The Pokémon will be Gardevoir with a Gothitelle echo.

There will also be a new Mario character, maybe Geno or another Mario

Check it out
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/422689663/

Papa Genos talks about it

Edit: Sorry Smashoperatingbuddy123 Smashoperatingbuddy123

Last edited:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Yup, they claimed to have gotten the data for the demo (somehow), and said that Richter was coded in the character select but Simon somehow wasn't, lol. Which wouldn't make any sense at all considering Echoes are certainly created after unique fighters are.
It's honestly possible that Richter was chosen first and then when they decided to have Simon they made Richter the Echo, this could be why they said that Simon also echoes Richter and why so many moves come from Richter.

It's also possible that whoever was taking stuff out of the demo code did a sloppy job assuming no one would really get a look at it, missing Richter, Dark Samus, K. Rool, Gardevoir, and Gothitelle along with this 'Mario2'.

Blue7113

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW650454463802
My predictions:
Higher chance
Isaac
Bandana Waddle Dee
Skull Kid
Geno
Isabelle (echo)
Impa (echo)
Lower chance
Chorus Kids
Banjo and Kazooie
Dixie Kong (echo)

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Well ****, that looks like an awesome roster. Checked the link out, the thread was even called the official name of Ultimate in Japan. Although, the date of 1.1.2018 is suspect, could it be some sort of placeholder? It has a non-generic time stamp though.

Nooo way

hes 100% correct on characters so far

but really hes going to loose with isabelle and whatever the pokemon rep is.
Isabelle is on there though, her Japanese name is Shizue. I wonder who Moot is though.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well ****, that looks like an awesome roster. Checked the link out, the thread was even called the official name of Ultimate in Japan. Although, the date of 1.1.2018 is suspect, could it be some sort of placeholder? It has a non-generic time stamp though.

Isabelle is on there though, her Japanese name is Shizue. I wonder who Moot is though.
fixed it

shadow is not on it

It's honestly possible that Richter was chosen first and then when they decided to have Simon they made Richter the Echo, this could be why they said that Simon also echoes Richter and why so many moves come from Richter.

It's also possible that whoever was taking stuff out of the demo code did a sloppy job assuming no one would really get a look at it, missing Richter, Dark Samus, K. Rool, Gardevoir, and Gothitelle along with this 'Mario2'.
not bad

sakurai did say "its hard to tell who the echo fighter is."

EDIT

https://www.whois.com/whois/2ch.win

ok panics over the january first part was a fraud

everybody back to normal the leak with gardevoir and gothiette is back on top

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
fixed it

shadow is not on it

not bad

EDIT

We might not be out of the woods yet. The leak site is just an archive, so it would make sense for it to have been posted today.

For what it’s worth, I checked and all the characters are called by their official Japanese names/translations (in the case of Banjo). Doesn’t mean much, but at least we can rule out a non-Japanese troll running the names through Google translate.

Other things of note: the list really doesn’t appear to have much rhyme or reason. It doesn’t match the order of reveal, Echoes and unique fighters are intermingled, it’s not ordered by series except for the Belmonts. In fact, third parties and first parties are living together (mass hysteria), and there is a gap that doesn’t seem to serve no reason (it probably isn’t DLC, unless Nintendo expects to make a lot of money off Magolor and the Prince of Sable).

As for Magolor, he’s probably the one that puzzles me the most. He’s very popular in Japan, but the fact that he is is also a readily available and widely known fact, which could be exploited by a fake leaker to make a ‘surprising pick’ that still makes sense.

All in all, the roster looks unrealistically kick-ass, and I’d get Sable, who’s my most wanted. I want to believe it, but it contradicts Vergeben (who at this point I’d rather be fake, as Minecraft content and a Gen 7 Rep aren’t high on my priorities).

Last edited:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
fixed it

shadow is not on it

not bad

EDIT

Yeah, I just found the wording of that funny, particularly after this 'leak', makes me wonder who came first.

I honestly am going to be selfish and say I hope that leak is fake and hope the Gardevoir one is true..Gardevoir is my fav Pokémon after all.
Not to mention, if this leak was truly around for so long, you'd think someone would have mentioned it by now..

SonicMario

Smash Master
Nooo way

hes 100% correct on characters so far

but really hes going to loose with shadow and whatever the pokemon rep is.
Uh, regardless of the circumstances of the leak's real or fake. Never say for sure someone is in unless there were really were obvious hints and/or gameplay footage. A pokemon rep is a blanket enough statement that it could come true with anyone.

But as for singular ones like Shadow. Regardless of any percieved hints at them being playable. Don't act like they're confirmed already.

Draugen

Smash Apprentice
That new "leak" was already deconfirmed. It was posted on a website that was created literally yesterday.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Well, since I just needed to believe that leak I personally went to 5ch to look it up. Apparently the whole Smash Ultimate thread there was created around June, so yeah, it’s fake.

Oh well, there goes any chance Sable had at being playable. Although it’s cool that he’s seen as worthy of making it into leaks.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well, that's a good way to make yourself look fake. Though that account existed for 6 years, while the domain didn't. That tells me they're a troll who does their research. Like, there's the off chance they thought releasing real information was a great idea, you know, after a good chunk of it got revealed officially(because weirder things have happened), but yeah, dead as a doorknob.

Had an interesting character list, at least.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Yeah, honestly, even though all the reveals thus far have been big fan requests, I feel like that list was almost all the big ones, like a stupid amount, excluding ones like Shovel Knight who were deconfirmed.

Last edited:

Loungemen

Smash Journeyman
Screen Shot 2018-08-13 at 7.44.02 PM.png

I did an evaluation of the total votes of some ballot polls, without Inkling and Ridley
King K. Rool was undoubtedly the winner. Shovel Knight was fourth, but became an AT (mostly because most of Japan doesn't know him). We also have Krystal who became an AT.

If Sakurai's including characters based on the total votes of the ballot, we may have Banjo, Isaac, and/or Paper Mario. Bandana Dee and Geno come close, so it may be one of the two. Who knows, I could be wrong, and maybe he'll pull out a Pokemon rep or a Namco rep.

Note that the graph is just for speculation and doesn't confirm anything.

Last edited:

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
Last edited:

Loungemen

Smash Journeyman

Baddies are back

Smash Apprentice
So, I see a lot of people saying there's no galacta knight because meta knight has a skin based on him, but we've had characters with skins of each other before (pit and dark pit) so I'd say you can't fully discredit him. Not saying he's likely by any means, just not as impossible as people say.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
So, I see a lot of people saying there's no galacta knight because meta knight has a skin based on him, but we've had characters with skins of each other before (pit and dark pit) so I'd say you can't fully discredit him. Not saying he's likely by any means, just not as impossible as people say.
Yea but costumes were removed

There Is a black Pitt alt but the wing are not black

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Adding a Galacta Knight costume in the same game as the actual character seems kind of absurd doesnt it? If MK had had the costume in Smash 4, maybe.

TBone06

Smash Ace
The thing is the costume is EXACTLY like Galacta Knight. It has the small details like the crest in the mask. There is zero reason to put him in when the costume already has so much detail.

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
Adding a Galacta Knight costume in the same game as the actual character seems kind of absurd doesnt it? If MK had had the costume in Smash 4, maybe.
Yep. We've already seen that Sakurai omitted the Dark Samus alt because she became an echo, so why would Galacta Knight be added in lieu of that?

QrowinSP

Smash Journeyman
You know, after watching the papagenos video, I'm convinced that the gothitelle leak is onto something. My guess for newcomers are

Geno
Gardevoir
Skull Kid
Bottom Text

With a sizable number of echoes.

Last edited:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
You know, after watching the papagenos video, I'm convinced that the gothitelle leak is onto something. My guess for newcomers are

Geno
Gardevoir
Skull Kid
Bottom Text

With a sizable number of echoes.
Bottom Text?

LetterO

Smash Lord
New guy here, thought I might as well give my thoughts on newcomers

Geno - Already a super popular character, which seems to be the trend on newcomers

Bandana Dee - Same as above

Gen 7 Pokemon - Sun and Moon was developed and released around the same time as Ultimate’s most likely early stages of development.

Skull Kid - Assist trophy unseen and the Moon being one, as well as his popular demand and hinting in the 2 chairs seems to nod to him. Plus, we only have 6 Zelda reps and 3 of them are Links.

Shadow - Probably a Sonic echo, as his assist trophy remains unseen, and meanwhile we see Knuckles as one instead

Isabelle - Also seems very likely as a Villager echo as her assist trophy also remains unseen, meanwhile Kapp’n is shown instead

Rhyhm Heaven Rep - This one I personally want the most. With the franchise’s supposed data of a rep being found in the Smash 4 files, we know the interest for these characters was there. Plus, Rhythm Heaven’s such an underrated franchise that deserves more representation outside of a Smash Run enemy.

9-Volt - This one’s more of a personal want, and I don’t see him being too likely. A Nintendo fanboy in the Nintendo fighting game just seems to fit too perfectly, plus we get more WarioWare representation. He could also possibly work in a Duck Hunt like duo fighter with 18 Volt, maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom