• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie Roy main, need some tips

fanasthesia

Smash Rookie
I just picked up Roy because I started playing Fire Emblem Binding Blade (which stars Roy), I decided to play him just for fun because, of course, he will always be my Boy, and then I realized he’s fun and actually good, as before I thought nothing of any Fire Emblem character. My other main is Pit so I’m familiar with the more ‘up close, quick jabbing’ style. I really want to be better at Roy, so I need some general help and tips/combos for Roy, as well as how to counter his weaknesses, etc. I’m not a pro or anything, as I’m still perfecting my fast-falling and timing, so really any help is good.

$.A.F.

Smash Journeyman
I just picked up Roy because I started playing Fire Emblem Binding Blade (which stars Roy), I decided to play him just for fun because, of course, he will always be my Boy, and then I realized he’s fun and actually good, as before I thought nothing of any Fire Emblem character. My other main is Pit so I’m familiar with the more ‘up close, quick jabbing’ style. I really want to be better at Roy, so I need some general help and tips/combos for Roy, as well as how to counter his weaknesses, etc. I’m not a pro or anything, as I’m still perfecting my fast-falling and timing, so really any help is good.
Fair, Nair, Side B. Ladies and gentlemen, here’s 3,000,000+ GSP with Roy But in all seriousness, just watch pros. Look at sets from Roy mains to see what they do. What works what doesn’t. Japan has some good ones from what I’ve heard.

Top Bottom