• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie | Matrix6 Mafia - Mod's Back! Signups Open! (4/9)

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
Welcome to Matrix6 Mafia.

This is an semi-open setup game, designed for 9 players, utilizing the Matrix6 system designed by Mafiascum's Cogito Ergo Sum.

This game will be given a setup that incorporates either one row or one column. The remaining six roles will be filled in by mafia goons and vanilla townies appropriately, to create a 2-mafia and 7-town setup.

This games uses the Natural Action Resolution system for determining Night action effects. Roleblocker actions will take precedence over Jailkeeper actions should that apply. The 1-shot Bulletproof is a passive ability that cannot be roleblocked.

Helpful Links:
Newbie's Guide to Mafia | Basic Rules of Mafia

Fundamental Rules:
  • Please enjoy this game and do not act in a manner that would make the game unenjoyable for others. This includes personal attacks.
  • The Game Moderator is Xatres and all official information and rulings will come directly from him.
  • Editing your posts is not allowed; multi-posting is fine and is encouraged in place of editing.
  • Unless your role specifically states otherwise, or you have initiated a mechanic that allows an exception, you may not converse with any other players outside the thread, dead or alive.
  • Do not quote role PMs or any other form of communication with the Game Moderator. You may paraphrase your role PM as you see fit, but keep everything in your own words! Posting your Role PM or any form of mod communication will result in an immediate modkill. If you are concerned about how to adhere to this rule, contact the Game Moderator.
  • The use of non-English, invisible, hidden, coded, or otherwise intentionally hidden or indecipherable text is strictly prohibited. (SPOILER/spoiler tags are allowed because they are easily noticeable. This rule is not meant to disallow breadcrumbing within the visible text of a message.)
  • Failure to send in your night action(s) will result in no action(s) being taken.
Activity and Deadlines
  • You are required to post every 48 hours. If you fail to do so, you will be prodded. An accumulation of too many prods (to be determined by the Game Moderator) will result in your replacement or a modkill depending on the circumstances. I will tell you if I am considering replacing/modkilling you for activity reasons.
  • If you will be inactive for an extended period of time, you must notify me in advance. Unexcused or particularly long absences may result in your replacement or modkill.
  • In the event that I need to replace a player, I may extend the deadline to accommodate the replacement player. If a replacement player cannot be found, I will modkill the slot.
  • Day phases will generally last approximately 7 days, unless cut short by a kill.
  • Night phases will generally last approximately 48 hours. If you have a Night action and do not wish to use it, please send me a PM stating so.
  • Night phases will end when either 48 hours have passed, or I have received all applicable night actions. Whichever comes first.
  • There is no posting in this thread during the Night phase.
  • After you have died in the game, you are allowed one final (and short) "Go Town/Scum!" post.
Set-Up:
  • This is an Semi-Open Set-up for 8 Players with all roles assigned at random.
  • This game is a Full Reveal game, meaning that upon death, role/alignment information about the player is revealed.
  • I confirm that all information relayed from the Game Moderator in public and in private is strictly accurate.

Vanilla Townie

Greetings, XXXX. You are a Vanilla Townie

Abilities
As a vanilla townie, your only weapons are your wits and your vote. Use them wisely.

Restrictions
None

Win Conditions
You win when all threats to town have been eliminated.

Living Units:

1. Darkpit54
  2. Spak
  3. MoosyDoosy
  4. Maven89
  5. HollowNote(?)
  6. Kirbyoshi(?)
  7. Player 7
  8. Player 8
  9. Player 9
Replacements:

1. #HBC | J(?)
  2. Replacement 2

Important Posts

1. This one.

Last edited:

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
Sign-ups Open!

Reserved slots for newbies. Please confirm that you will be playing:

ThatSmasherYouKnow ThatSmasherYouKnow
HollowNote HollowNote
Darkpit54 Darkpit54

I'm also looking for experienced players who are willing to be active and take time to play and teach mafia to our new players. Please indicate in your /in if you are willing to act as a teacher during the game.

(edited to clarify reserved slot confirmation)

Last edited:

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
Thanks for reserving. Yes, I will be /in

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
To be clear on the matrix 6 setup, one column or one row will be randomly selected. So there is a 1 in 6 chance of any of the rows/columns be chosen. A simple D6 roll is common to choose which column or row is selected. That means that any given CELL in that matrix has a 1/3 chance of being included in the game (it could be included by the column OR row being selected.)

After those 3 roles are determined, 1 mafia goon and 5 vanilla townies will be added to the list to give us our total of 9 positions, which will then be distributed randomly.

ThatSmasherYouKnow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
link12014
3DS FC
3883-6073-2419
Hey, Xatres, mind if I use this format for a game on Squidboards that I'm gonna host? I'm trying to get a community going over there

ThatSmasherYouKnow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
link12014
3DS FC
3883-6073-2419
Or better yet, invite them to come play here. :shyguy:
I already said there was a game going on over here, but nobody came :/ I was just asking to get the game up over there, because it's probably gonna take way longer to fill up there than it would to fill up here.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Hey, Xatres, mind if I use this format for a game on Squidboards that I'm gonna host? I'm trying to get a community going over there
I know a few people who have played some mafia in Squidboards who might want to again, I'm not sure though. Thingyman/Gorf/Marshy may know too.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
If Kouseband joins I join but I think the que is full so not sure about that.

(I invited em)

I may sign up as a replacement.

Last edited:

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
Yeah, I'm going to be ridiculously busy until after my honeymoon. On the bright side, I'll hopefully finally be getting internet access st my apartment after the honeymoon too. So... I ahould be able to start the game in mid-June and actually be attentive.

ThatSmasherYouKnow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
link12014
3DS FC
3883-6073-2419
Sorry for not visiting this thread often, I'm busy with my game over on squidboards which is kinda like if you took me, multiplied me by 9 and put me into a game. In other words, there's not a lot of activity. I'm still in this though.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't think it'd be wise for me to stay in. I'm committed to some projects right now that will be occupying the time I would otherwise spend on something like this.

/out

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Not sure I can commit just yet but stay tuned

ThatSmasherYouKnow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
link12014
3DS FC
3883-6073-2419
I'm going on a cruise tomorrow and so I will be gone for a while, so I'll

/out

for now anyways.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
By the way if you need me to I can IC. Although I'm sure you are good with IC's already.

Last edited:
Top Bottom