• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Zealand

Sraigux

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I just arrived in New Zealand and couldn't find a regional thread that wasn't >2 years old. Are there any smashers on the south island?

Akago

Smash Cadet
I live in Christchurch. There's a few small locals that occur at University of Canterbury and University Otago once or twice a year, something to look out for if you're in those areas.

Sraigux

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I live like 2 mins away from the university of Otago. Ill be biking through the country soon. Ill give you a shout when I'm headed through christchurch if you guys are down for some smushmans.

Sraigux

Smash Journeyman
Also, is it just me or did the NZ smash players group dissappear off of facebook? I havent been able to access it for the last couple of days

Akago

Smash Cadet
Also, is it just me or did the NZ smash players group dissappear off of facebook? I havent been able to access it for the last couple of days
I honestly didn't know there even was a Smash facebook, since I log on to mine like.. once a month. There is very little active smashing in the area as far as I know, it's more "with friends" or "oh bro you have a gamecube? sick let's play Smash" at a party.

The Gaming Social group at UC mainly does things with shooters like COD / CSGO and the odd Dota / LoL thing, and smash is pretty rare.

It's unfortunate, but we're a minuscule country so it can't be helped sadly.

Top Bottom