• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New York University Super Smash Bros (Open to Everyone)

Atrain

Smash Cadet

BACKGROUND:

Last year, we started a facebook group with a couple of friends to see when and where people were smashing at NYU. This year, we had a huge influx of players in and out of NYU. Thus began NYU BiWeeklies. We invested in a decent capture card, and I bought a new laptop, and NYUsmash was born. We now have about 50 members, including D1 and Prog.

In essence, we've branched out of NYU and have just as many NYU students as non NYU, but we've kept the name NYUsmash because that's where it all started.

TOURNAMENTS, BIWEEKLIES, ETC

So far, we've had two successful and hype biweeklies. We hope to start hosting prize tournaments within the next few months, and hope to see more players in the AtlNorth swing by. As I'm relatively new to the smash community and tournaments, I'm trying to work out venues, fees, etc. But look forward to some NYUsmash hosted tourneys!

THE STREAM!

www.twitch.tv/NYUsmash

Before the first Biweekly, we invested in a decent capture card and coincidentally I got a new laptop. I worked on the stream for about a week, and I'm proud of it. Both Biweeklies have been streamed and recorded, and I will be streaming all future tournaments.

INTERESTED IN JOINING?:

Post here and private message me your facebook, and I will add you to the facebook group. I will also be updating this thread with future tournaments, announcements, etc.

Keep in mind, our events are all around the Manhattan/NYC area.

Thanks!

~Atrain

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
I live in Manhattan during the school year so I'll probably play, would love to get back completely into melee

Ryan-K

Smash Master
DAMN wish I knew about the tournament beforehand so I can take off.

If you guys are having biweeklies, then I will be more than happy to attend

Owsla

Smash Cadet
Hey, I live in UHall lol. I'd love to join the group.

Do you guys play Brawl at all or just melee?

Vixen

~::Fragile::~
Premium
I'm gonna be in the area for zeneth anyone wana smash? I'll be here the 29th

Sent from my Event using Tapatalk 2

Soulrack18

Smash Cadet
Hey every wanna meet up i got some smashers over here in queens. we play all smashes included +,-, PM you name it.https://www.facebook.com/groups/181012108642269/ post on our wall we have a spot too i have a store that can host a tourney if you are interested. JUst let me know i can get it popping by this month june. We have weekly friendlies at BEASTMODENY google it. It be grand if you guys pass by. Just hit up my facebook group.

BluEG

Smash Journeyman
Hey everyone! I'm visiting the city until next wednesday...Ive been to the touristy multiple times so im just visiting people mostly and would love the chance to meet and play some NY smashers! Are you guys planning to have a fest before i leave? Fest or not, my hands are itchin for a controller ;)

number is 4076205809, lemme know!

squiddy

Smash Rookie
Whats the word with this? Im from Detroit but I will be in nyc from the 19th till the 2nd and I am down to smash

Top Bottom