• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Years Gaming Resolutions 2016 Edition

Minato

穏やかじゃない
So 2015 has come and gone, 2016 is here. What are your gaming plans for this year? Get better at a certain game, buy more/less, branch out to something new?

Snowy.

Smash Cadet
NNID
SnowyFate
My New Years Resolution is to get better at Smash now that I finally own the game. I'm going to try and become one of the best Pikachu players. Also hoping to get good at Street Fighter V when it comes out -^ - ^-

Satonakas

Smash Cadet
NNID
itsiantime
3DS FC
1693-3665-7953
In terms of getting games there's a bunch (Persona 5, Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem, Fire Emblem Fates, Bayonetta 1/2 for Wii U, Splatoon, Pokken Tournament), 2016 is going to make me broke :upsidedown:

For Smash Bros I think it's to get more evolved in the community than I have in the past year.. and improve with ZSS and Bayonetta to the point where i'm 100% comfortable with both

Ghostly ~

★ Speedrunner ★
NNID
Ghostly2500
3DS FC
0189-9740-2288
Trying to get better in every Smash Bros games that I played and take more responsibility of putting my video games in safe locations.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Get better at Smash, get more money to get NX.
And try to be awesome.

GreenMonkey

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3411-4102-3196
In terms of getting games there's a bunch (Persona 5, Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem, Fire Emblem Fates, Bayonetta 1/2 for Wii U, Splatoon, Pokken Tournament), 2016 is going to make me broke :upsidedown:

For Smash Bros I think it's to get more evolved in the community than I have in the past year.. and improve with ZSS and Bayonetta to the point where i'm 100% comfortable with both
Yaaaaay another Fire Emblem fan! I'm not alone! :estatic:

I'll definitely have to get Fates, maybe snag the collector's edition before the inevitable sell-out, and perhaps even Smash for Wii U.

... I doubt it tho, since there's no way I'll get that much money so quickly... :cry:

TimeChain

Smash Apprentice
NNID
777brawlfan
3DS FC
4484-9816-4641
I'm gonna try to play the other Smash Bros. games, specifically Project M, more often instead of just playing Smash 4 all the darn time. Seriously, 2015 was pretty much just Smash 4 and Splatoon. I'm still gonna play those two religiously of course, but there are other games in the franchise that I love playing and want to get better at.

There are a lot of games I have yet to get and play too. It also doesn't help that games are coming out at a rapid pace. I haven't been buying games lately mostly because 1) games are becoming more expensive and money is kinda tight 2) I don't own a PS4 or Xbox One 3) I'm relatively satisfied with the games I own at the moment and 4) all my money is going to amiibos which I also plan to collect all of the Smash Bros ones by the end of the year. Still though, I am excited for whatever Nintendo and the other companies throw at us. After all, all lot of iconic franchises are turning 30, 25, or 20 this year! Like Zelda, Metroid, Sonic, Kid Icarus, and Pokemon!

In terms of New Years Resolutions outside of gaming, well...I really need to do my homework and study for tests for starters...

Lily♫

(✿◠‿◠)
NNID
NheroArconix
3DS FC
5112-3935-5323
Get better at smash/splatoon/osu!
Possibly cs:go too but those are my highest priority at the moment.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Get better at Smash.......

Don't get scammed by any games like "Star Wars: Battlefield Edition" for the whole year.

ZafKiel

Smash Apprentice
  1. Actually get good at Smash 4/Melee. Practice technique as much as possible and do some meaningful practice.
  2. Get a 3DS. It's been too damn long, plus FE Fates and Bravely Second are coming out soon.
  3. Play a FE game without resetting ;)

Kritzkrieg

Smash Cadet
1. Become taunt party ruler
2. 100% BOI:Afterbirth
3. Beat I Wanna Be The Boshy

Gonna get better at SF, now that V is coming up.

I'll also finally get going on my "play through every Final Fantasy" journey. For academic purposes, and also I'm insane.

Top Bottom