• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Wolf main

Ryzek

Smash Rookie
Heya, so I just switch my main from Cloud to Wolf. Any Wolf mains wanna help me learn the character or give me any pointers?

Firox

Smash Master
Your close friends are now Nair, Fair, Bair, Ftilt, Up tilt and Up smash. Some good bread and butter combos to learn are:

SH FF Fair ->Fair ->Up tilt (0-30ish%)
Up throw ->Up air or Fair (0-60ish%)
Sour Nair -> Ftilt (20-80ish%)

I would also recommend practicing RAR Bair for some disgustingly early kills. Once you get the timing for SH FF Bair, you can do some absurd damage. Lastly, check out the thread for down throw -> Side B finisher combos. The rush you'll get from killing someone with that is out of this world. Enjoy!

Yawshi

Smash Cadet
I've been playing the character since almost the release of Ultimate and from my knowledge these are some tips

Down Throw- f-air: good combo starter, also I can usually last x2 f-airs after the Down Throw

D-tilt and Down smash good for 2 frames

Down, Up, Forward smash, and B-air are all good kill options at like (110-120) depending on character weight

Also you can juggle characters with u-air

PS: Wolfs a very fun character.

Qualudes

Smash Cadet
I've been playing the character since almost the release of Ultimate and from my knowledge these are some tips

Down Throw- f-air: good combo starter, also I can usually last x2 f-airs after the Down Throw

D-tilt and Down smash good for 2 frames

Down, Up, Forward smash, and B-air are all good kill options at like (110-120) depending on character weight

Also you can juggle characters with u-air

PS: Wolfs a very fun character.
Wolf's Dthrow is primarily used at low percents to link into dash attack, and at mid-low percents to setup a tech chase. His low angle f-tilt is better for 2 framing than d-tilt. U-Smash is an 'ok' OOS option but not a great kill option until 140% or so on most of the cast.

Wolf's kit is designed around his blaster. You control space with it, pressure / gimp off-stage with it. The key to mastering his kit is knowing when to throw blaster and when not to. Controlling the ground is imperative because his oos options are only mid or low-high tier based on his frame data. Wolf racks damage in 2-3 hit strings and is somewhat of a hybrid between a sword and a rushdown character in that respect.

W O L F S T Y L E

Smash Rookie
Heya, so I just switch my main from Cloud to Wolf. Any Wolf mains wanna help me learn the character or give me any pointers?
Hullo Ryzek. I used to be a Mario main before brawl and then Ultimate. Wolfs side b cn kill at 60% Also, his back air kills at (im 90% sure) 90%

Top Bottom