• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New weegee tech?

weegee the green wonder

Smash Apprentice
NNID
hamby1
3DS FC
0232-9266-0923
Hey I was playing as weegee earlier on FD and jumped off the edge when I jumped on the stage I hit B and just shot across the stage like a wavedash or waveland but across all of FD anyone else have this happen to them and if so what is it because I have never heard of it before.

Kapapanerp

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if this is new, but when you waveland on a platform if you drop through instead of sliding off he retains a ton of his momentum from the waveland while he falls. It's pretty handy for cross ups if your opponent is in center stage.

Stride

Smash Ace
North-west England (near Manchester/Liverpool)
Your explanation isn't clear; can you tell me if I'm interpreting this correctly?

• You were on Final Destination
• You were hanging on the ledge
• You dropped from the ledge, and then jumped onto the stage
• Right when you landed on the stage, you shot a fireball
• This made you slide across the ground, literally the length of the entire stage (i.e. significantly further than a normal wavedash or waveland would take you)

weegee the green wonder

Smash Apprentice
NNID
hamby1
3DS FC
0232-9266-0923
Your explanation isn't clear; can you tell me if I'm interpreting this correctly?

• You were on Final Destination
• You were hanging on the ledge
• You dropped from the ledge, and then jumped onto the stage
• Right when you landed on the stage, you shot a fireball
• This made you slide across the ground, literally the length of the entire stage (i.e. significantly further than a normal wavedash or waveland would take you)
Yeah that's right

Tbagz

Smash Journeyman
this happened to me two days ago, I saved the footage. I had no idea what happened, it may be a glitch from the last patch.

Can someone link me "wavelanding" is their a thread for that? I'd like more knowledge on it since ive never heard of this term.

Top Bottom