• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Wario 0-Death? (also kill setup for waft?)

Dj9000

Smash Rookie
So I came up with this idea for a zero to death with Wario

U-tilt (try to do out of a powershield to land it in combat)
Footstool
F-air jab reset

do it again

Now when they stand up from the reset, do this instead

Falling u-air
Footstool
F-air jab reset

Then the finisher

Shorthop d-air (don't get the final hit, aim for 3 hits)
Waft

The first two u-tilt jab reset combos should take the foe to around 30%, then the u-air jab reset into the 40's and then you can finish.

I've only tried it on Cloud, Villager, and Falco so far and it seems like it works on them. My only issue with it is getting the f-air to consistently jab lock.

You need rage though to get the d-air to waft setup.

Oh yeah and the other thing was that shorthop u-air to footstool to f-air reset to d-air to waft as a kill combo seems to only work consistently from 30-50%s. You can do it at any time in the match though if you're cogniscent of it, as long as their at that mid-low percent.

This combo would ideally be performed near the ledge for more secure kills. What does everyone think? Also I'm gonna see if I can get a video of it, but no guarantee. Can anyone else attempt this too? And see if this is doable?

Octagon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Firefly62813
3DS FC
4768-7531-8428
A video would really help to support this, i love the idea though, i'll try to test it out myself.

Roots

Smash Cadet
I don't think U-tilt has enough hitstun to combo into a footstool but it's an interesting idea and mixup

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
U-Air would be much better for follow-ups than U-Tilt, and probably slightly less hard to land.

Wario also goes too high after a footstool to get any guaranteed follow-ups on an opponent who hits the floor as a result, I think.

Dj9000

Smash Rookie
U-Air would be much better for follow-ups than U-Tilt, and probably slightly less hard to land.

Wario also goes too high after a footstool to get any guaranteed follow-ups on an opponent who hits the floor as a result, I think.
Aw dang, that's what I was afraid of, because I noticed I could jab reset on the f-air, but after the footstool it was really hard to get. I just figured I wasn't doing it fast enough

Roots

Smash Cadet
I can pretty consistently jab reset opponents after footstooling them with FF Sour Fair. You just have to practice doing the inputs quickly and make sure not to do a high footstool jump.

The only part that makes it unreliable is following their drift when they're falling after the footstool, but at lower percents they'd have less time to drift so it shouldn't be too difficult.

Then again, it might depend on the character they're using, fall speed and all that.

Last edited:

Adrian Marin

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5000-2987-6227
Right now, I am using nair>footstool>uair>footstool>uair>footstool>uair>full waft It's a zero to death, but you do have to follow their drift. It's still very practical; just don't expect it to work the way you'd want it to.

Top Bottom